PDA

View Full Version : A US Navy destroyer has fired warning shots at an Iranian Guard vessel in the Strait

Cigar
01-09-2017, 09:06 AM
A US Navy destroyer has fired warning shots at an Iranian Guard vessel in the Strait of Hormuz.A US Navy destroyer fired three warning shots at four of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps vessels on Sunday after they closed in at a high rate of speed in the Strait of Hormuz, two US defence officials told Reuters on Monday.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the USS Mahan established radio communication with the boats but they did not respond to requests to slow down.

The Navy destroyer fired warning flares and a US Navy helicopter also dropped a smoke float.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/01/09/us-destroyer-fires-warning-iran-vessel

... all this without getting The Don's permission

MMC
01-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Yeah.....in 11 more days. Then he gets to call the shots.

Lets just hope BO peep don't punish the Captain before then.

Cigar
01-09-2017, 09:41 AM
... and that's all it took to show the obvious :laugh:

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:45 AM
A US Navy destroyer has fired warning shots at an Iranian Guard vessel in the Strait of Hormuz.

A US Navy destroyer fired three warning shots at four of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps vessels on Sunday after they closed in at a high rate of speed in the Strait of Hormuz, two US defence officials told Reuters on Monday.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the USS Mahan established radio communication with the boats but they did not respond to requests to slow down.

The Navy destroyer fired warning flares and a US Navy helicopter also dropped a smoke float.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/01/09/us-destroyer-fires-warning-iran-vessel

No Way!

They couldn't possibly of done that because Obama is a muslim who supports Iran and gave them the bomb! He's like their best buddy!

NOT.

MMC
01-09-2017, 09:49 AM
The Navy did say.....they will do what they have to do.

So you do know that's regardless if the Iranians want to test BO peep, and see if he will back down again.

MMC
01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
No Way!

They couldn't possibly of done that because Obama is a muslim who supports Iran and gave them the bomb! He's like their best buddy!

NOT.

No its not because BO peep is a Muslim.....its because he is a Putz. Illiberals need to quit making shit up. Just because they're unhinged doesnt give them any excuse to avoid reality.

decedent
01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
No Way!

Under the current treaty, weapons inspectors are allowed to go into Iran an look for nuclear development. If Trump gets his way, that treaty will be removed and we'll have no idea what Iran is up to. Sad.

No its not because BO peep is a Muslim.....its because he is a Putz. Illiberals need to quit making $#@! up. Just because they're unhinged doesnt give them any excuse to avoid reality.

You have quite an imagination.

Cigar
01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
No its not because BO peep is a Muslim.....its because he is a Putz. Illiberals need to quit making $#@! up. Just because they're unhinged doesnt give them any excuse to avoid reality.

What are you, some little girl in a pillow fight? :laugh:

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
No its not because BO peep is a Muslim.....its because he is a Putz. Illiberals need to quit making shit up. Just because they're unhinged doesnt give them any excuse to avoid reality.

LOL, making shit up.... That's funny....... LOL

decedent
01-09-2017, 09:59 AM
The Navy did say.....they will do what they have to do.

So you do know that's regardless if the Iranians want to test BO peep, and see if he will back down again.

The draft dodger who tries to scurry offstage like a rat when he gets scared isn't half the man Obama is. And you know it.

resister
01-09-2017, 10:27 AM
The draft dodger who tries to scurry offstage like a rat when he gets scared isn't half the man Obama is. And you know it.So he should stand their and wait to get shot?

TimeLord962
01-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Under the current treaty, weapons inspectors are allowed to go into Iran an look for nuclear development.

Except you know on military facilities.

decedent
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
So he should stand their and wait to get shot?

Hillary stared the stage rusher in the eye; Trump scurried like a rat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1S63etCVr8

decedent
01-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Except you know on military facilities.

Major nuclear facilities (the ones that can make weapons-grade plutonium) will be subject to constant monitoring, but if international inspectors suspect violations elsewhere, they may have to wait as long as 24 days. Security cameras will be monitored by the US around hot spots in Iran.

It's not easy to make a nuclear bomb, and it doesn't take much to detect hints of nuclear bomb development. Tracking potentially smuggled plutonium and inspecting the kinds of facilities that can be used to make a bomb can only be done from inside Iran. If the treaty is ended, this will no longer be possible.

Trish
01-09-2017, 11:57 AM
I thought this seed was about the incident regarding the US and an Iranian boat? How did we get into pillow fights and how candidates react when the SS goes into action?

This is the 2nd time the US has had to fire shots in response to Iranian actions. IMO, there have been to many times that we've allowed the Iranians to agitate us in international waters. Sometimes a show of force is much more effective then diplomacy.

Tahuyaman
01-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Under the current treaty, weapons inspectors are allowed to go into Iran an look for nuclear development. If Trump gets his way, that treaty will be removed and we'll have no idea what Iran is up to.

What treaty are you talking about? The controversial agreement isn't a treaty.

MMC
01-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Under the current treaty, weapons inspectors are allowed to go into Iran an look for nuclear development. If Trump gets his way, that treaty will be removed and we'll have no idea what Iran is up to. Sad.

You have quite an imagination.

Its not imagination.....the Peep is a failure with foreign policy. Oh and if you forgot.....those were our people that got paraded around in Iran. Let me know when you think BO peep did anything to counter that.

That's under his watch and not along the Guard Tower.

MMC
01-09-2017, 01:22 PM
What are you, some little girl in a pillow fight? :laugh:

Looks whos talking.....the wannabe that could never be. Let me know when the tremble wears off.

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Hillary stared the stage rusher in the eye;
Is this your next lie? Crooked Illary froze. She had to be talked back to reality.

MMC
01-09-2017, 01:26 PM
LOL, making shit up.... That's funny....... LOL

Well it isn't the majority on the Right running around talking about he's a Muslim. Let me know when you can pull that up as a link.

So trying to paint out the majority of us.....just doesn't work in your behalf. Although, it does show just how much wit you illiberals lack.

MMC
01-09-2017, 01:29 PM
The draft dodger who tries to scurry offstage like a rat when he gets scared isn't half the man Obama is. And you know it.
Oh, is that like BO the peep running for the safety pod when someone jumped over the fence at the WH?

MMC
01-09-2017, 01:37 PM
I thought this seed was about the incident regarding the US and an Iranian boat? How did we get into pillow fights and how candidates react when the SS goes into action?

This is the 2nd time the US has had to fire shots in response to Iranian actions. IMO, there have been to many times that we've allowed the Iranians to agitate us in international waters. Sometimes a show of force is much more effective then diplomacy.

You have to remember who started the OP and when the illiberals try to use thought power. :laugh: ....note, he wasn't concerned about the incident. Just like last time and the time the Iranians captured some Americans who weren't suppose to surrender.

The majority of illiberals don't know much about ROE's and Military engagements.

Tahuyaman
01-09-2017, 02:18 PM
I wonder if decedent will ever get on here and tell us about this "treaty" he was referring to? I've never heard of such treaty.

Bethere
01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
I wonder if @decedent (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1267) will ever get on here and tell us about this "treaty" he was referring to? I've never heard of such treaty.

Lol.

so trump will be unable to back out of said non existent treaty?

Yep.

Tahuyaman
01-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Lol.

so trump will be unable to back out of said non existent treaty?

Yep.

Do you believe that this treaty exists?

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Under the current treaty, weapons inspectors are allowed to go into Iran an look for nuclear development.
Treaty? When did the Senate concur? I may have been busy writing and missed it.

Edited:

I see I should have read more posts. There is no treaty.

resister
01-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Hillary stared the stage rusher in the eye; Trump scurried like a rat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1S63etCVr8
What a brave show of stupidity and lack of self preservation. Incidently, no stage jumper was in the picture, how did she "stare em in the eye" with her harpy vision?

MMC
01-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Edited:

You wouldn't have gotten any closer to the truth with illiberals writing their thoughts down. Just sayin.

donttread
01-09-2017, 06:06 PM
A US Navy destroyer has fired warning shots at an Iranian Guard vessel in the Strait of Hormuz.

A US Navy destroyer fired three warning shots at four of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps vessels on Sunday after they closed in at a high rate of speed in the Strait of Hormuz, two US defence officials told Reuters on Monday.

The constant search for a better boggieman continues. Do you suppose they were going to be stupid enough to attack an American warship? No. Therefore warning flares were a great call, or great theatrics perhaps

Tahuyaman
01-09-2017, 06:15 PM
I'm still laughing about this mythical treaty someone who's completely uniformed was talking about.

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm still laughing about this mythical treaty someone who's completely uniformed was talking about.

LMAO......when have you seen an illiberal that was informed. :laugh:

decedent
01-09-2017, 06:44 PM

Edited:

It's an agreement. (A formally concluded and ratified agreement between countries.)

It's also called a "framework" and a "deal". Choose whichever you like.

Grizz
01-09-2017, 07:34 PM

Sorry, Obambi is a sissy boy.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Well it isn't the majority on the Right running around talking about he's a Muslim. Let me know when you can pull that up as a link.

So trying to paint out the majority of us.....just doesn't work in your behalf. Although, it does show just how much wit you illiberals lack.

Dude, have you been hiding under a rock for the last 8 years?

Ransom
01-09-2017, 09:08 PM

Trish is correct here and let's not forget, not only the 2nd time we know of.....but they took our sailors hostage as well.

Sometimes a show of force is much more effective. I 2nd your notion.

Ransom
01-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Dude, have you been hiding under a rock for the last 8 years?
You have been.

decedent
01-09-2017, 09:53 PM
What a brave show of stupidity and lack of self preservation. Incidently, no stage jumper was in the picture, how did she "stare em in the eye" with her harpy vision?

Should she have scurried like a roach? That's what donald did. He panicked and didn't know which way to run, so he chose every direction. Poor lil donald probably pooped himself.

Maybe it's a good thing that he dodged the draft so often. Cowards like donald are how friendlies get killed.

Oh, is that like BO the peep running for the safety pod when someone jumped over the fence at the WH?

He was the best President you ever had.

Is this your next lie? Crooked Illary froze. She had to be talked back to reality.

I don't lie.

The only thing that froze was Hillary's grin as she stared down her possible attacker. That takes the kind of guts that Donald never have... and never will. Sad.

Peter1469
01-09-2017, 10:54 PM
It's an agreement. (A formally concluded and ratified agreement between countries.)

We are not legally bound by it. We can back out of it. Heck, most treaties even have clauses for provisions to exit the terms.

So far as the warning shots go- that is SOP. Each ship's captain is duty bound to protect his ship and can take any action to do so. I don't know the naval ROE, but I suspect they are only required to give one warning shot. If the vessel continues on course it can be fired upon- probably to disable it if possible.

Crepitus
01-10-2017, 07:49 AM
You have been.

No? I'm at least aware of current events. You seem not to be.

MisterVeritis
01-10-2017, 08:03 AM

I don't lie.
The only thing that froze was Hillary's grin as she stared down her possible attacker. That takes the kind of guts that Donald never have... and never will. Sad.
Actually, you do. You just did. I understand. Really, I do.

Ransom
01-10-2017, 08:04 AM
No? I'm at least aware of current events. You seem not to be.

Really? Aware of the 5000 American troops in Iraq. Today. Aware of the many countries Obama has troops.....today? Aware of the drone strikes, air strikes, war against ISIS, civilian deaths? Are you aware that the prison at Gitmo.....is still open? The very prison that "created" all this terrorism a mere 8 years ago, our primary 'black eye."

Are you aware, Crepitus.....that come Jan 20th, you can get back out there at your anti-war protest, the very ones we've been well aware concerning your absence for the last 8 years. Gone are claims the President can hold detainees indefinitely without trial. Gone are endless posts concerning civilian death and how any President is directly responsible for them, all of that can return to your deck of cards played, Crepitus. You can once again begine your disingenuous anti-war chants. Your disingenuous 'saber-rattling' in the ME can return, how America exploits other nations, it can all come back inot your sleeping for the last 8 years hibernation. I look with anticipation at the return of your fake outrage. bring it on.

Tahuyaman
01-10-2017, 08:15 AM

It's also called a "framework" and a "deal". Choose whichever you like.. So, were you anywhere close to being accurate when you called it a treaty?

TimeLord962
01-10-2017, 08:17 AM

It will be overturned with the rest of Obamas Executive Orders on day one.

Peter1469
01-10-2017, 08:24 AM
I was wondering where the war protesters went off too. A vacation?

Really? Aware of the 5000 American troops in Iraq. Today. Aware of the many countries Obama has troops.....today? Aware of the drone strikes, air strikes, war against ISIS, civilian deaths? Are you aware that the prison at Gitmo.....is still open? The very prison that "created" all this terrorism a mere 8 years ago, our primary 'black eye."

Are you aware, Crepitus.....that come Jan 20th, you can get back out there at your anti-war protest, the very ones we've been well aware concerning your absence for the last 8 years. Gone are claims the President can hold detainees indefinitely without trial. Gone are endless posts concerning civilian death and how any President is directly responsible for them, all of that can return to your deck of cards played, Crepitus. You can once again begine your disingenuous anti-war chants. Your disingenuous 'saber-rattling' in the ME can return, how America exploits other nations, it can all come back inot your sleeping for the last 8 years hibernation. I look with anticipation at the return of your fake outrage. bring it on.

Crepitus
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM

I am aware that you seem to be a very confused, angry person.

Tahuyaman
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM
It will be overturned with the rest of Obamas Executive Orders on day one.

And it was not a "formally ratified" agreement between countries.