PDA

View Full Version : International hacking, When Is It Really A Big Deal?

Robo
01-09-2017, 09:27 AM
The intel people claim that the Russians hacking of the DNC was done to embarrass Hillary Clinton and help Trump win the election. If that’s true, it likely leveled the political playing field in the election and made it a more fair election because the mainstream TV media was sooooooo in the tank for Hillary Clinton.I don’t think foreign nations hacking America’s political parties is any big deal. It actually showed America’s voters how rotten the DNC inner circle is. That was something I have no problem with the voters knowing before they vote, and yes, I’d say the same thing about hacking the Republicans and any other political party. If they’re not smart enough to provide better security for their communications or be smart enough to take care what they say in their emails, they’re not smart enough to run America’s government.

Cigar
01-09-2017, 09:28 AM
When is it really a Big Deal ... When it happens to Republicans

del
01-09-2017, 09:28 AM
spacebo

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:30 AM
The intel people claim that the Russians hacking of the DNC was done to embarrass Hillary Clinton and help Trump win the election. If that’s true, it likely leveled the political playing field in the election and made it a more fair election because the mainstream TV media was sooooooo in the tank for Hillary Clinton.I don’t think foreign nations hacking America’s political parties is any big deal. It actually showed America’s voters how rotten the DNC inner circle is. That was something I have no problem with the voters knowing before they vote, and yes, I’d say the same thing about hacking the Republicans and any other political party. If they’re not smart enough to provide better security for their communications or be smart enough to take care what they say in their emails, they’re not smart enough to run America’s government.

Somebody lose this sock?

Common
01-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Republicans are way smarter, obama and his intel appointees have been in CHARGE FOR 8 yrs, the russians gained the capability and then supposedly hacked HIS DNC, the assholes are incompetent and failures. The Obama administration is the most clueless Whitehouse in history.

The russian hacking WAS OBAMAS FAULT not TRUMPS DUH!!!!!!!!

Cigar
01-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Republicans are way smarter, obama and his intel appointees have been in CHARGE FOR 8 yrs, the russians gained the capability and then supposedly hacked HIS DNC, the $#@!s are incompetent and failures. The Obama administration is the most clueless Whitehouse in history.

Ok ... so Republicans are way smarter :rollseyes: ... it shows

Robo
01-09-2017, 09:40 AM

The skeletons in Republican closets would prove as interesting and revealing as those in Democrat closets, I have little to no doubt.

Robo
01-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Somebody lose this sock?

Have I struck a partisan nerve on my first day and first post here?

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Have I struck a partisan nerve on my first day and first post here?

You think socks are partisan?

Robo
01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Republicans are way smarter, obama and his intel appointees have been in CHARGE FOR 8 yrs, the russians gained the capability and then supposedly hacked HIS DNC, the $#@!s are incompetent and failures. The Obama administration is the most clueless Whitehouse in history.

Wasn't G.W. Bush in charge for 8 years? Wasn't international hacking an issue then also? What evidence do you have that Republicans are smarter? Was the Iraq war "smart?"

Robo
01-09-2017, 09:46 AM
You think socks are partisan?

I think partisans are socks!

resister
01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
I think partisans are socks!Don't mind him, he trolls the shit outta any not firmly on the left along with about 6 others, you will quickly figure out who they are.

decedent
01-09-2017, 09:56 AM

"It's OK for Russia to hack America as long as it benefits me."

Carry on, "patriot".

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Don't mind him, he trolls the shit outta any not firmly on the left along with about 6 others, you will quickly figure out who they are.

Right!

Because correcting lying republicans spouting RWNJ bullshit is trolling don'tcha know.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Carry on, "patriot".

That is essentially what every right winger here has said. What they don't seem to realize is it isn't gonna stop there.

resister
01-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Right!

Because correcting lying republicans spouting RWNJ bullshit is trolling don'tcha know.
I would say calling a new member a sock is, indeed, trolling.

decedent
01-09-2017, 10:02 AM
That is essentially what every right winger here has said. What they don't seem to realize is it isn't gonna stop there.

Putin is out to destroy America and become the world's biggest superpower. Thanks to these idiots, it's working.

And now, they're not even hiding the is fact. Whether it's Hannity cheering for Russia rather than America, or Trump's praise of Russia while ignoring their interference with US elections, they are selling out America.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 10:03 AM

Betcha he turns out to be.

hanger4
01-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Right!

Where is your so called corrections in this;

Somebody lose this sock?

You'd be better served if you actually attempted some sort of correction.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Putin is out to destroy America and become the world's biggest superpower. Thanks to these idiots, it's working.

And now, they're not even hiding the is fact. Whether it's Hannity cheering for Russia rather than America, or Trump's praise of Russia while ignoring their interference with US elections, they are selling out America.

Glad I'm not the only one who can see this.

Common
01-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Ok ... so Republicans are way smarter :rollseyes: ... it shows
Now youre learning, now the question is will you retain it

NapRover
01-09-2017, 10:56 AM
My guess is we'd all be amazed at how much hacking there is. And I bet there are hordes of hackers trying relentlessly to dig up dirt on Trump or any other opponent of the left. After all, they can't win by logical argument, only by smearing the other side.

Trish
01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forum!

This subject has been discussed a couple times on this forum so I may be repeating myself from my earlier posts.

I think this is an interesting position but flawed. You're assuming that only information from the DNC was stolen. You're also assuming that all or the most nefarious information stolen has been revealed.

Although I agree that it's good to have information to help us make educated decision I don't believe the value of this information outweighs the cost to the country with respect to foreign manipulation. We don't know what other information was stolen and how that information can be used in the future against other Government leaders from either party.

This is not a one party issue. It is a security issue for our country. To me, that is an act of war on our country as we should not be praising any foreign player for successfully stealing information from an American entity.

Just my personal opinion. Again, welcome to the forum and good luck!

resister
01-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum!

This subject has been discussed a couple times on this forum so I may be repeating myself from my earlier posts.

I think this is an interesting position but flawed. You're assuming that only information from the DNC was stolen. You're also assuming that all or the most nefarious information stolen has been revealed.

Although I agree that it's good to have information to help us make educated decision I don't believe the value of this information outweighs the cost to the country with respect to foreign manipulation. We don't know what other information was stolen and how that information can be used in the future against other Government leaders from either party.

This is not a one party issue. It is a security issue for our country. To me, that is an act of war on our country as we should not be praising any foreign player for successfully stealing information from an American entity.

An act of war is a bit strong, an example of that is the flood of people violating our borders.

Cigar
01-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I agree ... it's the admitting that it's a problem or that it actually happened, that has become difficult for some to understand.

resister
01-09-2017, 11:04 AM
I agree ... it's the admitting that it's a problem or that it actually happened, that has become difficult for some to understand.Evidently as difficult as being repulsed at the corruption it revealed.

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Shall we examine your assessment?
Trump has promised to revitalize the US military, making it so strong no one will want to take us on.
Trump has promised to revitalize the US nuclear forces and warfighting capability.
Trump has promised to focus on the economy. If he sets the environment so a 5% year after year growth in the economy occurs no other nation will be able to compete with us.
And this is what Putin wanted to go up against?

You have become unmoored from reality.

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who can see this.
Is it any surprise when two peas in a pod have the same view?

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 11:14 AM
My guess is we'd all be amazed at how much hacking there is. And I bet there are hordes of hackers trying relentlessly to dig up dirt on Trump or any other opponent of the left. After all, they can't win by logical argument, only by smearing the other side.
Most state hacking is done for intelligence gathering and to steal commercial secrets.

Trish
01-09-2017, 11:14 AM
An act of war is a bit strong, an example of that is the flood of people violating our borders.

I thought we talked about this last night! hahahahaha

I do think it is an act of war. I'm okay if you don't.

decedent
01-09-2017, 11:18 AM
After all, they can't win by logical argument, only by smearing the other side.

Trump didn't even have a platform. He just insulted and defamed Hillary and made empty promises -- that's it. That was his entire campaign.

From the war on drugs to the nuclear arms race -- and now immigration -- Republicans have continually relied on a campaign of fear rather than a solid, sensible platform. The far right didn't care about Trump's taxes, his illegal immigrant wife, his ridiculous promises, his habitual lying, or his fear mongering. Instead, they voted with their hearts rather than their brains.

On the other hand, Democrats like Sanders and Clinton laid out a comprehensive platform. We knew where they stood on the issues. Liberals weighed the costs and benefits. Liberals used evidence and logic. You could go to Clinton's website and see exactly where she stood on issues. During the debates, Hillary calmly and definitively talked about her platform and goals. Meanwhile, Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days. This is easy when you don't have transparency.

In short, you're completely wrong when you say liberals aren't logical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6OpKSdvbho

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Trump didn't even have a platform. He just insulted and defamed Hillary and made empty promises -- that's it. That was his entire campaign.
This may be another reason why the Democrats lost badly.
1) Defend the borders - build a southern wall.
2) Deport illegal aliens.
3) Establish a climate where businesses can thrive resulting in far more jobs.
3a) roll back the business-killing regulatory state.
3b) negotiate better trade agreements beneficial to the US.
4) Revitalize the military, making it so strong no one will want to fight us.
5) Simplify the tax laws and reduce everyone's tax rates.

decedent
01-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Trump has promised to revitalize the US military, making it so strong no one will want to take us on.
Trump has promised to revitalize the US nuclear forces and warfighting capability.
Trump has promised to focus on the economy. If he sets the environment so a 5% year after year growth in the economy occurs no other nation will be able to compete with us.

And Trump LOVES Russia, which, accordig to Mitch McConnell, is no friend of the US. What's your point?

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 11:43 AM

And Trump LOVES Russia, which, accordig to Mitch McConnell, is no friend of the US. What's your point?
I have a few points. First, your assessment is flawed. Fatally. Second, you have poor reading skills. Third, you are not connected to reality.

decedent
01-09-2017, 11:56 AM
1) Defend the borders - build a southern wall.
2) Deport illegal aliens.
3) Establish a climate where businesses can thrive resulting in far more jobs.
3a) roll back the business-killing regulatory state.
3b) negotiate better trade agreements beneficial to the US.
4) Revitalize the military, making it so strong no one will want to fight us.
5) Simplify the tax laws and reduce everyone's tax rates.

That's some platform.

A REAL platform details how these promises will get accomplished. For example, how "illegal alien's" will be deported, or how the military will be "revitalized".

But Trump never planned to make good on his empty promises, so he couldn't explain how he'd execute or fund them -- except the wall, which he said he'd make Mexico pay for. LOL.

ripmeister
01-09-2017, 12:15 PM
That's some platform.

A REAL platform details how these promises will get accomplished. For example, how "illegal alien's" will be deported, or how the military will be "revitalized".

But Trump never planned to make good on his empty promises, so he couldn't explain how he'd execute or fund them -- except the wall, which he said he'd make Mexico pay for. LOL.

But....but he's going to make really, really, really good deals. Terrific deals!

Robo
01-09-2017, 12:17 PM
International hacking is an inevitability, it's all part of the human genome!

Hacking political parties is interesting and informative and I have no problem with American voters having access to the inner tactics and obscenities of political parties as long as the information is accurate and exposed when it
's not.

Other forms of hacking and the acts committed therewith can be acts of war.
Carry on, "patriot".

Robo
01-09-2017, 12:20 PM

Fact is it's never gonna stop! The issue is the severity of particular hacking.

AZ Jim
01-09-2017, 12:22 PM
The intel people claim that the Russians hacking of the DNC was done to embarrass Hillary Clinton and help Trump win the election. If that’s true, it likely leveled the political playing field in the election and made it a more fair election because the mainstream TV media was sooooooo in the tank for Hillary Clinton.I don’t think foreign nations hacking America’s political parties is any big deal. It actually showed America’s voters how rotten the DNC inner circle is. That was something I have no problem with the voters knowing before they vote, and yes, I’d say the same thing about hacking the Republicans and any other political party. If they’re not smart enough to provide better security for their communications or be smart enough to take care what they say in their emails, they’re not smart enough to run America’s government.Assuming you opinion is worth a reply, why then would it not have been a good thing to release all the RNC campaign "dirt"? Wouldn't THAT "level the field? I see you are a brand new member, welcome.

Robo
01-09-2017, 12:24 PM
I have a thick skin and radical left and right both hate me. I'm a Constitutional literalist/originalist. Both radical left and right deplore constitutional evidence opposing their ideologies.

Robo
01-09-2017, 12:31 PM

How did Russia's hacking of the DNC "interfere with America's election?" Are you saying the American voter would have been better off and as well informed if the Democrats emails were never exposed?

Robo
01-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Betcha he turns out to be.

I freely admit to being a loyal promoter of the United States Constitution and especially the Bill Of Rights. If that's your definition of a "sock puppet," for the Constitutional Rule Of Law, I plead "GUILTY!"

Robo
01-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forum!This subject has been discussed a couple times on this forum so I may be repeating myself from my earlier posts.

I thank you for your “welcome.”

I think this is an interesting position but flawed. You're assuming that only information from the DNC was stolen.

Not at all, I simply have no knowledge or evidence that any other political party was hacked. For all I know the other political parties had successful security that prevented being hacked.

I assume nothing except what has been reveled by the hack and who intel claims did it.

You're also assuming that all or the most nefarious information stolen has been revealed.

Not so! I assume nothing that’s unreported or identified by credible sources such as American Intelligence agencies.

Although I agree that it's good to have information to help us make educated decision I don't believe the value of this information outweighs the cost to the country with respect to foreign manipulation.

I have no problem with “manipulation” as long as it’s honest. As far as I’m concerned, the “DNC” played a roll in “manipulating” the results of the election, with ignorance, deceit, dirty tricks and plain stupidity.

I have no problem with the messenger on this particular issue and I’d say the same thing if the Republicans or any other political party were hack by “anybody” and exposed as political back-stabbers and crooks.

We don't know what other information was stolen and how that information can be used in the future against other Government leaders from either party.

That’s right, “we don’t know.” Why should I worry about what I don’t know? Why shouldn’t I simply judge every issue as it arises for what it is?

I’ll say it again. International hacking is an inevitability and human nature and it can only be prevented by counter hacking and hack-proof systems. Let us worry how much progress has been made by our government to hack-proof our “GOVERNMENT” systems and “PRIVATE” systems like our electrical grid and to hell with political parties, somebody should be hacking all of them. They’re the dirty poilitical businesses we’d be better off without!

So then America committed an act of war when they hacked the emails of Germany’s Prime Minister? An act of war is an attack on America’s natural rights to life, liberty and property. Nobody’s life, liberty or property has been violated by exposing the garbage within the DNC. On the contrary, America’s voters were better and “honestly” informed as a result.

I see the hacks and wikileaks as a partial leveling of the political playing field after watching the MSM’s biased “in the tank” reporting to favor Hillary Clinton.

Your opinion and conversation kindly noted and appreciated, Thanks Again!

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 01:28 PM

That's some platform.
Indeed it is.

Did you spend any time on Trump's campaign website? You can admit you didn't.

Robo
01-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Assuming you opinion is worth a reply, why then would it not have been a good thing to release all the RNC campaign "dirt"? Wouldn't THAT "level the field? I see you are a brand new member, welcome.

Does anybody have the RNC dirt to release? I'd welcome that and any truthful dirt revelations of any political party, they're the special interest, dirty tricks crooks we'd all be better off without!

hanger4
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Assuming you opinion is worth a reply, why then would it not have been a good thing to release all the RNC campaign "dirt"? Wouldn't THAT "level the field? I see you are a brand new member, welcome.

AZ Jim the FBI said the RNC wasn't hacked. Attempts were made, but failed.

Trish
01-09-2017, 02:03 PM
I simply have no knowledge or evidence that any other political party was hacked. For all I know the other political parties had successful security that prevented being hacked. I assume nothing except what has been reveled by the hack and who intel claims did it.

Your comments suggest that you are willing to let the cards fall as they may without planning for the “what if’s” that could occur, correct? You are someone who prefers to react rather than be proactive?

I have no problem with “manipulation” as long as it’s honest. As far as I’m concerned, the “DNC” played a roll in “manipulating” the results of the election, with ignorance, deciet, dirty tricks and plain stupidity. I have no problem with the messenger on this particular issue and I’d say the same thing if the Republicans or any other political party were hack by “anybody” and exposed as political back-stabbers and crooks

What is your criteria for honest manipulation? How do you define it in this situation when you only have selected information given to you?

Let us worry how much progress has been made by our government to hack-proof our “GOVERNMENT” systems and “PRIVATE” systems like our electrical grid and to hell with political parties, somebody should be hacking all of them. They’re the dirty poilitical businesses we’d be better off without!

I agree we need to focus on protecting our grids and our government systems.

So then America committed an act of war when they hacked the emails of Germany’s Prime Minester?I disagree! An act of war is an attack on America’s natural rights to life, liberty and property. Nobody’s life, liberty or property has been violated by exposing the garbage within the DNC. On the contrary, America’s voters were better and “honestly” informed as a result.I see the hacks and wikileaks as a partial leveling of the political playing field after watching the MSM’s biased “in the tank” reporting to favor Hillary Clinton.

I didn’t realize that the US had released PM Merkel’s emails to the German public. When did this happen? Respectfully, I disagree with you premise that a foreign country can do anything to the US as long as it keeps our people honest. I think that is a naive position but I appreciate your passion.

AZ Jim
01-09-2017, 02:17 PM
@AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901) the FBI said the RNC wasn't hacked. Attempts were made, but failed.No. That's what Trump said but in the briefing they stated both were successfully hacked as I recall.

Trish
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
No. That's what Trump said but in the briefing they stated both were successfully hacked as I recall.
I think the unclassified version of the report is supposed to released to the public this week, correct? Hopefully it will outline who and what was hacked. I'll be happy to have this issue cleared up and put to rest.

Bethere
01-09-2017, 03:01 PM

Trump invited our premier geo political foe to illegally hack fellow Americans. That's arguably treason. He should be strung up by his tiny little hands.

Bethere
01-09-2017, 03:03 PM
No. That's what Trump said but in the briefing they stated both were successfully hacked as I recall.

Obviously, trump and the rnc are being blackmailed.

hanger4
01-09-2017, 05:03 PM

No that's what the FBI said AZ Jim

"We contacted the FBI months ago when the DNC issue came about," Priebus said on ABC's "This Week." "They’ve reviewed all of our systems. We have hacking detection systems in place. And the conclusion was then, as it was again two days ago, when we went back to the FBI to ask them about this, that the RNC was not hacked."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/priebus-denies-report-rnc-was-hacked-232483

resister
01-09-2017, 05:03 PM
obviously, trump and the rnc are being blackmailed.
lol

hanger4
01-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Trump invited our premier geo political foe to illegally hack fellow Americans. That's arguably treason. He should be strung up by his tiny little hands.

No he didn't.

resister
01-09-2017, 05:05 PM
No that's what the FBI said @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901)

"We contacted the FBI months ago when the DNC issue came about," Priebus said on ABC's "This Week." "They’ve reviewed all of our systems. We have hacking detection systems in place. And the conclusion was then, as it was again two days ago, when we went back to the FBI to ask them about this, that the RNC was not hacked."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/priebus-denies-report-rnc-was-hacked-232483
That might be because their password was something other than "password" maybe it's "stupid computer".

resister
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM
trump didn't even have a platform. He just insulted and defamed hillary and made empty promises -- that's it. That was his entire campaign.

From the war on drugs to the nuclear arms race -- and now immigration -- republicans have continually relied on a campaign of fear rather than a solid, sensible platform. The far right didn't care about trump's taxes, his illegal immigrant wife, his ridiculous promises, his habitual lying, or his fear mongering. Instead, they voted with their hearts rather than their brains.

On the other hand, democrats like sanders and clinton laid out a comprehensive platform. We knew where they stood on the issues. Liberals weighed the costs and benefits. Liberals used evidence and logic. You could go to clinton's website and see exactly where she stood on issues. During the debates, hillary calmly and definitively talked about her platform and goals. Meanwhile, trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days. This is easy when you don't have transparency.

In short, you're completely wrong when you say liberals aren't logical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6opksdvbho
lol

resister
01-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Obviously that your claim about no platform was preposterous.

AZ Jim
01-09-2017, 05:22 PM
No that's what the FBI said @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/priebus-denies-report-rnc-was-hacked-232483If you read page three of the OFFICIAL briefing you will see several places where they said "Russia collected on some Republican affiliated targets but did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign." It also states several places that NO Determination was made about any actual effect on the election!!! Read it yourself. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3254237/Russia-Hack-Report.pdf

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 05:26 PM
If you read page three of the OFFICIAL briefing you will see several places where they said "Russia collected on some Republican affiliated targets but did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign." It also states several places that NO Determination was made about any actual effect on the election!!! Read it yourself. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3254237/Russia-Hack-Report.pdf

Of course, that could mean just about anything. When they described the DNC attack did they say Democrat-affiliated targets?

resister
01-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Of course, that could mean just about anything. When they described the DNC attack did they say Democrat-affiliated targets?Some one is grasping for straws.

hanger4
01-09-2017, 05:53 PM
If you read page three of the OFFICIAL briefing you will see several places where they said "Russia collected on some Republican affiliated targets but did not conduct a comparable disclosure campaign." It also states several places that NO Determination was made about any actual effect on the election!!! Read it yourself. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3254237/Russia-Hack-Report.pdf

I've read the report, the RNC wasn't hack. There were some Repubs emails hacked and if I remember correctly those emails were released via DCleaks, Nothing-burgers.

NapRover
01-09-2017, 05:59 PM

Indeed it is.

Did you spend any time on Trump's campaign website? You can admit you didn't.

We all know he had a well thought out, highly appealing platform, which is why he won the popular vote in a lot more states. Those pretending otherwise should gear up for eight years of Trump, followed by eight years of Pence. After that I'll be in some rock garden, carefree.

decedent
01-09-2017, 07:05 PM
How did Russia's hacking of the DNC "interfere with America's election?" Are you saying the American voter would have been better off and as well informed if the Democrats emails were never exposed?

You'd have to ask your pal, Putin why he tried to sway the US election.

hanger4
01-09-2017, 07:16 PM
You'd have to ask your pal, Putin why he tried to sway the US election.

"I don't know" would have been a lot easier to type.

Robo
01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Your comments suggest that you are willing to let the cards fall as they may without planning for the “what if’s” that could occur, correct? You are someone who prefers to react rather than be proactive?

Define what the "what if's" are concerning hacking political parties. Seems in the case at hand the what if's proved to be honest, accurate and truthful copies of original Democrat party insiders emails exposing a rotten barrel of crooked political hacks. We should be outraged at the messenger because?

What is your criteria for honest manipulation? How do you define it in this situation when you only have selected information given to you?

Honesty is truthfulness. I promote the voting population always being informed truthfully. In the case at hand, there's no dispute about the truthfulness of the revelations. If they were phony/counterfeits of DNC insider's emails, that would be an entirely different issue.

I agree we need to focus on protecting our grids and our government systems.

There's no other choice.

I didn’t realize that the US had released PM Merkel’s emails to the German public. When did this happen?

Maybe if they had, Merkel might be in Germany's unemployment line. If there was something in Merkel's emails the German voter had the right to be informed about, why would you be opposed to it being released to the people of Germany? Would that have been an act of war?

Respectfully, I disagree with you premise that a foreign country can do anything to the US as long as it keeps our people honest. I think that is a naive position but I appreciate your passion.

That's not what I said. I simply have no problem with anybody hacking political parties and exposing their criminal or underhanded trickery activities to the people as long as what they expose is truthful. I find that as a positive incentive for better government as an end result. A deterant for political crooks and hacks, so to speak.

I appreciate your conversation on the issue.