PDA

View Full Version : Trump acknowledges Russian involvement in meddling in U.S. Elections

Cigar
01-11-2017, 12:46 PM
President-elect Donald Trump acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that he believes Russian operatives hacked the Democratic Party during the election, but he continued to dispute intelligence reports that Moscow acted to help him win....
“I think it was Russia,” Trump said at a news conference in New York when asked who was responsible for the leaks of Democratic emails during the campaign. But Trump emphasized that he believes Russia would have released damaging information about him had they obtained such information.
Before taking questions, Trump angrily disputed reports of potentially compromising information Russia has allegedly gathered about him, according to U.S. intelligence officials, citing denials from the Kremlin that it has any such intelligence. U.S. officials included a two-page summary of the unsubstantiated allegations in briefings of Russia’s involvement in the elections to President Obama and, separately, Trump last week.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cites-kremlin-statement-to-deny-reports-of-russia-ties-asks-if-we-are-living-in-nazi-germany/2017/01/11/a710f2b4-d777-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most-draw8&wpmm=1

"Before taking questions, Trump angrily disputed reports of potentially compromising information Russia has allegedly gathered about him, according to U.S. intelligence officials, citing denials from the Kremlin that it has any such intelligence."

How can anyone think it is a good idea to let him try and run the country for even a day?

hanger4
01-11-2017, 12:53 PM
President-elect Donald Trump acknowledged for the first time Wednesday that he believes Russian operatives hacked the Democratic Party during the election, but he continued to dispute intelligence reports that Moscow acted to help him win....
“I think it was Russia,” Trump said at a news conference in New York when asked who was responsible for the leaks of Democratic emails during the campaign. But Trump emphasized that he believes Russia would have released damaging information about him had they obtained such information.
Before taking questions, Trump angrily disputed reports of potentially compromising information Russia has allegedly gathered about him, according to U.S. intelligence officials, citing denials from the Kremlin that it has any such intelligence. U.S. officials included a two-page summary of the unsubstantiated allegations in briefings of Russia’s involvement in the elections to President Obama and, separately, Trump last week.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cites-kremlin-statement-to-deny-reports-of-russia-ties-asks-if-we-are-living-in-nazi-germany/2017/01/11/a710f2b4-d777-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most-draw8&wpmm=1

"Before taking questions, Trump angrily disputed reports of potentially compromising information Russia has allegedly gathered about him, according to U.S. intelligence officials, citing denials from the Kremlin that it has any such intelligence."

How can anyone think it is a good idea to let him try and run the country for even a day?

"How can anyone think it is a good idea to let him try and run the country for even a day?"

Those that have the ability to understand the difference between unsubstantiated and substantiated.

nathanbforrest45
01-11-2017, 12:57 PM
I have an unsubstantiated report that Cigar is actually a 12 year old white girl.

decedent
01-11-2017, 01:02 PM
I thought that the Intelligence Community's word wasn't good enough.

Yet another example of how easily Trumplings are swayed. IF their leader deems it to be true, then it's true.

Cigar
01-11-2017, 01:05 PM
I have an unsubstantiated report that Cigar is actually a 12 year old white girl.

Obviously my Post is striking some truth ... you've gone right to the Personal Attacks

I'm sure the Forum Authorities are keeping a sharp EYE on on Rule Infractions, so I'd be careful. :laugh:

Bethere
01-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Obviously my Post is striking some truth ... you've gone right to the Personal Attacks

I'm sure the Forum Authorities are keeping a sharp EYE on on Rule Infractions, so I'd be careful. :laugh:

They seem unhappy.