PDA

View Full Version : Warning: The Deep State Goes to War With Trump

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 03:22 PM
The Deep State Goes to War with President-Elect, Using Unverified Claims, as Democrats Cheer (https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11/the-deep-state-goes-to-war-with-president-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/)

Glenn Greenwald
January 11 2017, 8:35 a.m.

IN JANUARY, 1961, Dwight Eisenhower delivered his farewell address after serving two terms as U.S. president; the five-star general chose to warn Americans of this specific threat to democracy: “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.” That warning was issued prior to the decadelong escalation of the Vietnam War, three more decades of Cold War mania, and the post-9/11 era, all of which radically expanded that unelected faction’s power even further.

This is the faction that is now engaged in open warfare against the duly elected and already widely disliked president-elect, Donald Trump. They are using classic Cold War dirty tactics and the defining ingredients of what has until recently been denounced as “Fake News.”

Their most valuable instrument is the U.S. media, much of which reflexively reveres, serves, believes, and sides with hidden intelligence officials. And Democrats, still reeling from their unexpected and traumatic election loss as well as a systemic collapse of their party, seemingly divorced further and further from reason with each passing day, are willing — eager — to embrace any claim, cheer any tactic, align with any villain, regardless of how unsupported, tawdry and damaging those behaviors might be.

The serious dangers posed by a Trump presidency are numerous and manifest. There are a wide array of legitimate and effective tactics for combatting those threats: from bipartisan congressional coalitions and constitutional legal challenges to citizen uprisings and sustained and aggressive civil disobedience. All of those strategies have periodically proven themselves effective in times of political crisis or authoritarian overreach.

But cheering for the CIA and its shadowy allies to unilaterally subvert the U.S. election and impose its own policy dictates on the elected president is both warped and self-destructive. Empowering the very entities that have produced the most shameful atrocities and systemic deceit over the last six decades is desperation of the worst kind. Demanding that evidence-free, anonymous assertions be instantly venerated as Truth — despite emanating from the very precincts designed to propagandize and lie — is an assault on journalism, democracy, and basic human rationality. And casually branding domestic adversaries who refuse to go along as traitors and disloyal foreign operatives is morally bankrupt and certain to backfire on those doing it...

A journalistic tour de force from Pullitzer Prize-winner, Glenn Greenwald, in an absolute evisceration of the Democrats' disgraceful and unscrupulous behavior.

Anonymous claims, from deceitful agencies, backed by no credible evidence, and treated as gospel merely because it paints Trump in a bad light. That is the long and short of it.

But it goes even deeper than that. We're witnessing the complete meltdown of the Democrat establishment and their globalist puppet-masters - defeated by a political opposition which rode a wave populist discontent to victory, the establishment are absolutely reeling.

It started with Brexit, which shook and traumatized the cosmopolitan elites to their core. They trotted out every excuse in the book, so long as it did not require them to look in the mirror.

Then came an even bigger, even more traumatic shock with the completely unexpected victory of Trump, who now stands poised to assume the most powerful office in the world.

Desperation and panic are starting to set in, not only as Trump prepares to "drain the swamp" in America, but as nationalist movements rise all across Europe: England, France, Italy, Germany, etc.

And in their desperation, the globalists have instructed their minions in the west's shadowy intelligence agencies to subvert, obstruct, and discredit Trump at all costs. And the Democrats, having lost in epic, crushing fashion to Trump, are only too happy to go along with it, no matter how intellectually and morally bankrupt the methods become.

What remains to be seen is how Trump plans on repaying the deep state for its brazen treachery. Already, we see signs that Trump is angry and ready to fight, publicly accusing CNN of being "fake news". Has the deep state bit off more than it can chew? Will they regret picking a fight with the ornery and incorrigible Trump? Only time will tell.

Cigar
01-11-2017, 03:25 PM
It's going to be 4 years of fighting ... again.

The difference is, only one party can do something about it.

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 04:01 PM

As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.

birddog
01-11-2017, 04:42 PM

Does that mean the republicans need to give in to the idiotic wishes of the dimocrats? If that's what you want, you are very wrong. You lost, we won.(sounds like Obama, huh?) It's the dims who needs to give in first.

MisterVeritis
01-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Close down the offending agencies.

Green Arrow
01-11-2017, 05:53 PM
I don't have any reason to believe Trump has any intention of "draining the swamp," particularly when he chose Steve Mnuchin for Treasury and Dina Powell, Anthony Scaramucci, Jay Clayton, and Steve Bannon for advisory roles. All of them are deeply connected to Goldman Sachs, none more than Mnuchin.

NapRover
01-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Just having obama, kerry, lynch and reid gone will significantly lower the swamp.

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 07:02 PM
I don't have any reason to believe Trump has any intention of "draining the swamp," particularly when he chose Steve Mnuchin for Treasury and Dina Powell, Anthony Scaramucci, Jay Clayton, and Steve Bannon for advisory roles. All of them are deeply connected to Goldman Sachs, none more than Mnuchin.
I'm skeptical of such claims as well. It was more of a rhetorical flourish than anything. Still, the reaction from the establishment is telling. They are in a panic and it shows.

Green Arrow
01-11-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm skeptical of such claims as well. It was more of a rhetorical flourish than anything. Still, the reaction from the establishment is telling. They are in a panic and it shows.

I view it differently. To me, the establishment is divided into three camps: political establishment, media establishment, and economic establishment. Trump represents the economic establishment, Clinton represented the political establishment. The political establishment is so united against Trump because if he's successful, it will send a message to the economic establishment that they no longer need the political and media establishments to control political offices and enact favorable legislation. Without the support of the economic establishment, the political and media establishments would fail.

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 07:16 PM
I view it differently. To me, the establishment is divided into three camps: political establishment, media establishment, and economic establishment. Trump represents the economic establishment, Clinton represented the political establishment. The political establishment is so united against Trump because if he's successful, it will send a message to the economic establishment that they no longer need the political and media establishments to control political offices and enact favorable legislation. Without the support of the economic establishment, the political and media establishments would fail.

I think we can both agree that the CIA is at the nexus of all those interests and their desperate, borderline psychotic desire to see Trump ruined has to say something about what he represents. That doesn't mean Trump is some kind of Mr. Smith going to Washington, but it's hard to for me to believe at this point that he's some kind of Trojan horse.

Peter1469
01-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Just having obama, kerry, lynch and reid gone will significantly lower the swamp.
And the Clintons.

Mister D
01-11-2017, 08:21 PM
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.
This is an unfortunate side effect of more aggressive moderation. When Cigar tries to be serious he makes even less sense than normal.

patrickt
01-12-2017, 06:09 AM

The difference is that the party that cares nothing about America isn't holding all the power. So now they want to riot, whine, lie, and act like Democrats.

donttread
01-12-2017, 07:07 AM

Right, no way any politician is going to willingly face the true under employment rate in this country. Thanks to the Military and prison industrial complexes they don't have to.

MisterVeritis
01-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Why do I have the impression you believe wealthy, successful people are corrupt?

It is refreshing to see a president-elect surrounding himself with very successful people.

Ethereal
01-12-2017, 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fERGqflABPw

Greenwald continues to wallop the corporate media. Such a pleasure to watch.

Captain Obvious
01-12-2017, 11:02 PM
This is an unfortunate side effect of more aggressive moderation. When Cigar tries to be serious he makes even less sense than normal.

Unfortunately his attempt to derail an interesting thread is to some degree successful, and I know paying attention to it with this post is just aiding his cause but it needs said.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Care to explain that one for those who don't have the decoder ring?

AZ Jim
01-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Truth is we ALL lost.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Why do I have the impression you believe wealthy, successful people are corrupt?

It is refreshing to see a president-elect surrounding himself with very successful people.

Its easier for people with no real marketable talents to ease their feelings of inadequacy by claiming the successful gained their wealth in an illegal or unethical manner.

I am very encouraged that Trump is appointing very successful and serious people. I just hope that he gives them the authority to live up to their potential.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Truth is we ALL lost.

you can't lose something you never had.

Bethere
01-12-2017, 11:31 PM
A journalistic tour de force from Pullitzer Prize-winner, Glenn Greenwald, in an absolute evisceration of the Democrats' disgraceful and unscrupulous behavior.

Anonymous claims, from deceitful agencies, backed by no credible evidence, and treated as gospel merely because it paints Trump in a bad light. That is the long and short of it.

But it goes even deeper than that. We're witnessing the complete meltdown of the Democrat establishment and their globalist puppet-masters - defeated by a political opposition which rode a wave populist discontent to victory, the establishment are absolutely reeling.

It started with Brexit, which shook and traumatized the cosmopolitan elites to their core. They trotted out every excuse in the book, so long as it did not require them to look in the mirror.

Then came an even bigger, even more traumatic shock with the completely unexpected victory of Trump, who now stands poised to assume the most powerful office in the world.

Desperation and panic are starting to set in, not only as Trump prepares to "drain the swamp" in America, but as nationalist movements rise all across Europe: England, France, Italy, Germany, etc.

And in their desperation, the globalists have instructed their minions in the west's shadowy intelligence agencies to subvert, obstruct, and discredit Trump at all costs. And the Democrats, having lost in epic, crushing fashion to Trump, are only too happy to go along with it, no matter how intellectually and morally bankrupt the methods become.

What remains to be seen is how Trump plans on repaying the deep state for its brazen treachery. Already, we see signs that Trump is angry and ready to fight, publicly accusing CNN of being "fake news". Has the deep state bit off more than it can chew? Will they regret picking a fight with the ornery and incorrigible Trump? Only time will tell.

Globalist puppet masters!

There is no such thing as globalism.

How much does Putin pay you per post?

Bethere
01-12-2017, 11:36 PM
you can't lose something you never had.

Always on attack!

Why aren't you a happy person?

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Always on attack!

Why aren't you a happy person?

Attack? You have an odd sense of what constitutes an attack.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:38 PM

You tend to lose credibility when you make comments like that.

AZ Jim
01-12-2017, 11:40 PM
You tend to lose credibility when you make comments like that.You, on the other hand, never had any credibility.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:42 PM
You, on the other hand, never had any credibility.

senility? Dimentia?

Bethere
01-12-2017, 11:43 PM
You tend to lose credibility when you make comments like that.

You should start a club: "expatriates against globalism."

Lmao.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:46 PM
You should start a club: "expatriates against globalism."

Lmao.

Are you seriously going to stick with the claim that there's no such thing as globalism?

BTW, I'm a part time ex-pat.

Bethere
01-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Are you seriously going to stick with the claim that there's no such thing as globalism?

BTW, I'm a part time ex-pat.

It's an artificial ideological construct, a strawman for people like Pete to burn.

Tahuyaman
01-12-2017, 11:48 PM
That's it. Nothing of value here.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 12:00 AM

Your song....IF I only had a brain......

Bethere
01-13-2017, 01:47 AM
I know that Putin is 2 for 2, and this year is looking at the Netherlands, France, and Germany for elections to exploit.

His sales pitch? The false spectre of globalism. White power.

You make his job easy.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 10:49 AM

I know that Putin is 2 for 2, and this year is looking at the Netherlands, France, and Germany for elections to exploit.

His sales pitch? The false spectre of globalism. White power.

You make his job easy.

You just verified my previous comment.

Bethere
01-13-2017, 11:07 AM
You just verified my previous comment.
You make Putin's job easy.

Robo
01-13-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm no huge fan of Trump. I didn't vote for him or Clinton. I thought the 2 party duopoly had outdone itself by finding and nominating the absolute 2 worst and least trustworthy candidates in the history of the nation.

Having said that, I must say after watching the national media's absolute shameful bias favoring Hillary Clinton and attempting to disgrace Donald Trump. I was somewhat surprised and in a strange way gleeful at the result of the election considering the media bias and the insider rot exposed within the DNC by the wikileaks.

I see as one of America's major problems the leftwing media and it's attempts to influence elections and government policies.

I predict at least 4 years of major media attempts to bring down the Trump administration.

decedent
01-13-2017, 01:11 PM

An MI6 agent's document on Trump got leaked. Buzzfeed published it (never claiming it to be true). The main stream media reported on the leak (never claiming that it's true).

There's a lot of deflection and neutralization going with this document. Why are Trumpeters so scared? Is it because it could possibly be legit?

Trump has a lot of PR problems, so I can see why his fans are attacking mainstream media (they're the only ones keeping him honest).

Ethereal
01-13-2017, 08:24 PM

Globalism is an ideological movement that is pushing for global government. In your own way, you are part of that movement.

Not as much as George Soros pays you per post, I'm sure.

Ethereal
01-13-2017, 08:27 PM
It's an artificial ideological construct, a strawman for people like Pete to burn.
You're half right. Globalism, inasmuch as it constitutes a real ideological movement, is largely artificial as it depends on the false assumption that our common humanity is enough to overcome the very real cultural differences that preclude the establishment of a unified, global political order.

Ethereal
01-13-2017, 08:30 PM
An MI6 agent's document on Trump got leaked. Buzzfeed published it (never claiming it to be true). The main stream media reported on the leak (never claiming that it's true).

There's a lot of deflection and neutralization going with this document. Why are Trumpeters so scared? Is it because it could possibly be legit?

Trump has a lot of PR problems, so I can see why his fans are attacking mainstream media (they're the only ones keeping him honest).
Decedent still doesn't understand that a person can be skeptical of the US government and in particular the CIA without being a Trump supporter. Indeed, many Democrats used to be the skeptical ones while Bush was peddling Iraq war propaganda. Of course, Democrats will abandon a political principle at the drop of a hat if they see a benefit to it. That's why they've morphed into so much neo-McCarthyite trash as of late.

decedent
01-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Decedent still doesn't understand that a person can be skeptical of the US government and in particular the CIA without being a Trump supporter. Indeed, many Democrats used to be the skeptical ones while Bush was peddling Iraq war propaganda. Of course, Democrats will abandon a political principle at the drop of a hat if they see a benefit to it. That's why they've morphed into so much neo-McCarthyite trash as of late.

You are a Trump supporter. One of the most ardent, in fact.

Which is odd, because a libertarian should be concerned about fascist speech about Muslim registries, telling companies when and how they do business, telling people what hey are allowed to say, or how to say it, changing the Constitution, saying he'd have a political rival locked up, etc.

Bethere
01-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Globalism is an ideological movement that is pushing for global government. In your own way, you are part of that movement.

Not as much as George Soros pays you per post, I'm sure.

Lol.

Bethere
01-13-2017, 09:46 PM
You're half right. Globalism, inasmuch as it constitutes a real ideological movement, is largely artificial as it depends on the false assumption that our common humanity is enough to overcome the very real cultural differences that preclude the establishment of a unified, global political order.

I post. You respond.

Mister D
01-13-2017, 10:00 PM
I post. You respond.

That's sort of the point of a forum, Dayton. lol

Mister D
01-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Yes, that's pretty embarrassing and the Left, in so far as it ever presented a real political alternative, is long dead. We really can talk about Republicans and Democrats without any serious ideological distinction.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 10:12 PM

Which is odd, because a libertarian should be concerned about fascist speech about Muslim registries, telling companies when and how they do business, telling people what hey are allowed to say, or how to say it, changing the Constitution, saying he'd have a political rival locked up, etc.

There is a difference between being a "Trump supporter" and a "supporter of Trump now that he's gotten elected".

Ethereal may not have voted for Trump and might in that sense not been a Trump supporter. I fall into this category, didn't vote for Trump but now that he's in office I want to see him undo as much damage that teh O'bama did in 8 years.

On the flip side, you're a Trump basher. No matter what Trump does or doesn't do, you're going to bash it.

del
01-13-2017, 10:17 PM
lawlz

Mister D
01-13-2017, 10:18 PM
I post. You respond.

BTW @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) just a reminder about how your most useless members spend their time.

del
01-13-2017, 10:28 PM
BTW @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) just a reminder about how your most useless members spend their time.

quoting bethere?

seems harmless

decedent
01-13-2017, 10:45 PM
There is a difference between being a "Trump supporter" and a "supporter of Trump now that he's gotten elected".

Ethereal may not have voted for Trump and might in that sense not been a Trump supporter. I fall into this category, didn't vote for Trump but now that he's in office I want to see him undo as much damage that teh O'bama did in 8 years.

On the flip side, you're a Trump basher. No matter what Trump does or doesn't do, you're going to bash it.

Well, I don't tend to support people like him. I wouldn't have minded Romney or McCain. But Trump is a childish, dishonest, unscrupulous person with no political experience. You may have noticed that Democrats weren't nearly as harsh on Romney or McCain. There's a reason.

I support his recent stance on Big Pharma, but he's all talk and nothing will be done about it. This bs just irks me even more.

resister
01-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Well, I don't tend to support people like him. I wouldn't have minded Romney or McCain. But Trump is a childish, dishonest, unscrupulous person with no political experience. You may have noticed that Democrats weren't nearly as harsh on Romney or McCain. There's a reason.

I support his recent stance on Big Pharma, but he's all talk and nothing will be done about it. This bs just irks me even more.
You have already made up your mind from day one, instead of supporting the POTUS you would rather see him fail to gratify your opinion at the expense of your country men, please say I am wrong.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2017, 12:05 AM

lol - he's not even in office yet.

Cthulhu
01-14-2017, 12:26 AM

Call me a curmudgeon, but a small part of me still thinks Trump is part of a wrecking ball operation. A lot can happen in a few days given the flow of information.

I just have a hard time swallowing the idea that globalists are going to take this lying down.

Fear profits a man nothing.

Ethereal
01-14-2017, 06:13 AM

Utter nonsense.

You ought to go back to being a failed satirist, because your stint as a serious poster has been an embarrassment.

Ethereal
01-14-2017, 06:21 AM
I'm neither of those things. If I were, I'd just admit it. I have no need to hide my true beliefs from perfect strangers on the internet. In fact, one of the biggest reasons why I come to a forum like this is because I can share my political opinions without having to worry about real-life recriminations and consequences.

So just to make it clear: I do not support Trump now or ever. Am I supportive of some of the things he says he will do? Sure. But I also supported some of the things Obama did during his presidency, like the Iran deal and his commutations and pardons of nonviolent drug offenders. According to decedent's asinine logic, that means I'm an Obama supporter.

Ethereal
01-14-2017, 06:23 AM

You tend to support imperialists and chauvinists who want to wage endless war and slaughter innocent foreigners.

Chris
01-14-2017, 10:53 AM
senility? Dimentia?

Insults.

Chris
01-14-2017, 11:40 AM

Somewhat trollish.

Tahuyaman
01-14-2017, 12:38 PM

Democrats invented accusations which couldn't be supported by the facts against both Romney and McCain. They didn't get as insane and unhinged as they are now because neither won the election.

Peter1469
01-14-2017, 01:58 PM

Explain

Bethere
01-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Explain

No.

Peter1469
01-14-2017, 02:26 PM
No.

Good call.