PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine Meddles in US Election

hanger4
01-11-2017, 07:22 PM
"Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found."

"A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.
The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia"

"Politico’s investigation found evidence of Ukrainian government involvement in the race that appears to strain diplomatic protocol dictating that governments refrain from engaging in one another’s elections."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446?platform=hootsuite

Too funny. Reckon when the left will call for sanctions or the expulsion of Ukrainian politicos ??

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 07:32 PM
This is going to get a lot of traction among the forum Democrats. I know this because they are super-duper opposed to foreign governments trying to influence the outcome of our elections.

Ethereal
01-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Wow! This thread is really heating up. The outrage is palpable!

Peter1469
01-11-2017, 08:05 PM
lol

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 08:30 PM
This has to be satire.

The source's name is "Chalupa".

Common
01-11-2017, 08:45 PM
This is going to get a lot of traction among the forum Democrats. I know this because they are super-duper opposed to foreign governments trying to influence the outcome of our elections.
Dont hold your breath

Green Arrow
01-11-2017, 08:47 PM
This has to be satire.

Politico has reported on it, too.

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Politico has reported on it, too.

Did they interview the Chalupa? Was the little dog there as well? We're having lunch with their friends Quesodilla and the Crunchwrap Supreme tomorrow.

Seriously.

hanger4
01-11-2017, 09:03 PM
This has to be satire.

Politico is satire now ??

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 09:08 PM

Apparently so at this point. Either that or they got suckered.

hanger4
01-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Did they interview the Chalupa? Was the little dog there as well? We're having lunch with their friends Quesodilla and the Crunchwrap Supreme tomorrow.

Seriously.

Her name is Alexandra Chalupa who had worked in the White House Office of Public Liaison during the Clinton administration. Chalupa went on to work as a staffer, then as a consultant, for Democratic National Committee. The DNC paid her $412,000 from 2004 to June 2016, according to Federal Election Commission records, though she also was paid by other clients during that time, including Democratic campaigns and the DNC’s arm for engaging expatriate Democrats around the world.

You should read and comprehend the OP link,

Seriously.

hanger4
01-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Apparently so at this point. Either that or they got suckered.

You're making a fool of yourself.

Mister D
01-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Her name is Alexandra Chalupa who had worked in the White House Office of Public Liaison during the Clinton administration. Chalupa went on to work as a staffer, then as a consultant, for Democratic National Committee. The DNC paid her $412,000 from 2004 to June 2016, according to Federal Election Commission records, though she also was paid by other clients during that time, including Democratic campaigns and the DNC’s arm for engaging expatriate Democrats around the world.

You should read and comprehend the OP link,

Seriously.
lol The potential for a serious discussion here diminishes daily.

Mister D
01-11-2017, 09:13 PM
You're making a fool of yourself.
I mean I could understand if her name was Taco Supreme but...

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Still not buying it.

Mister D
01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Still not buying it.
How about the chicken fajitas? They're on sale.

Peter1469
01-11-2017, 09:26 PM

If you say it is apparently.

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Who knew they were named after a person?

That's like inventing a new sandwich and calling it "frank".

Crepitus
01-11-2017, 09:43 PM

Or naming one of your kids "Ham on Rye"

hanger4
01-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Still not buying it.

You're right Crepitus, those anonymous sources are sooooooo much more credible. :rollseyes:

hanger4
01-11-2017, 09:56 PM

Maybe if you had read the link with some comprehension you wouldn't have appeared so foolish.

hanger4
01-12-2017, 09:58 AM
The almost total lack of attention given to this topic by the left of center's is fascinating.

I would have though the left would be calling for Ukrainian heads to roll.

It must be true then, all that pointing at the big bad Russian bear "meddling" is just partisan hype. What's truly sad is I suspect most on the left can't even see it.

AeonPax
01-12-2017, 10:20 AM
`
`
I don't agree or disagree. I don't really care. I just wonder how long the state of Israel has meddled in US elections through AIPAC and no one has said a thing.