PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Approval ratings just before inauguration

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Here is how it is according to Gallup.

At this point, just before taking office the following Presidents approval ratings were:
Obama 83%
Bush jr. 61%
Clinton 68%
Trump 44%

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314130-trump-enters-office-with-historically-low-approval-rating

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Trump has an approval rating and he isn't even President.

Trash poll with absolutely zero sense.

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 11:58 AM

Trash poll with absolutely zero sense.These are ALL before inauguration.

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 11:59 AM
These are ALL before inauguration.

What does it prove? What's the point?

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 12:04 PM
What does it prove? What's the point?It means what it says, work on it.

decedent
01-13-2017, 12:07 PM

Trash poll with absolutely zero sense.

It's not a Presidency approval poll.

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
It means what it says, work on it.

So nothing. Got it.

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
It's not a Presidency approval poll.
It's a meaningless poll. Entertainment for the masses.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 12:11 PM
What does it prove? What's the point?

They don't need to prove anything or make any reasonable point. The motive of the left is to delegitimize the Trump presidency. Politics has turned into nothing but a bitter, hard partisan food fight.

Most of these people aren't guided by a political philosophy. They are guided by nothing but party affiliation.

Chris
01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Why is there an assumption high approval is important? It's like the assumption Congress should cooperate. The government was designed to be contentious.

Don
01-13-2017, 12:32 PM
It appears that the higher the approval rating was before the inauguration translated into who did the most damage to the country after taking office. Lets hope that trend holds with Trumps low approval rating before taking office. :shocked:

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 12:34 PM
All it says is, how the public see the President elect before he has the power of the office. They all were judged by the same standard. You Trumpies try too hard to defend your orange god!

Chris
01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
All it says is, how the public see the President elect before he has the power of the office. They all were judged bu the same standard. You Trumpies try too hard to defend your orange god!

But the job of the President (and Congress) ought to be to do the right things regardless how unpopular.

Not a Trumpy. Though sometimes I'm a grumpy.

Common
01-13-2017, 12:38 PM

At this point, just before taking office the following Presidents approval ratings were:
Obama 83%
Bush jr. 61%
Clinton 68%
Trump 44%

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314130-trump-enters-office-with-historically-low-approval-rating

Obama had his ass kissed by the media thats how he got his rating,.
When bush and clinton became president Democrats werent the raging assholes they are today.

Those numbers mean nothing and he still will be President

decedent
01-13-2017, 12:43 PM
They don't need to prove anything or make any reasonable point. The motive of the left is to delegitimize the Trump presidency.

He's doing that all by himself. Many Republicans don't like him.

Politics has turned into nothing but a bitter, hard partisan food fight.

Most of these people aren't guided by a political philosophy. They are guided by nothing but party affiliation.

Many people pretend to not be on-partisan.

The Xl
01-13-2017, 12:44 PM
These polls have been so accurate recently...

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Ever see so many excuses by Trumpies?

Subdermal
01-13-2017, 12:50 PM

Obama 83%
Bush jr. 61%
Clinton 68%
Trump 44%

And the leftists don't think they're the ones who are divisive. Thanks for pointing out statistics which make it so obvious.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 01:01 PM

I've never seen the supporters of the losing side act so irrational and childish. I've never seen it because no one has ever reacted like this before.

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 01:12 PM
I've never seen the supporters of the losing side act so irrational and childish. I've never seen it because no one has ever reacted like this before.Get used to it, we did for 8 years.

Robo
01-13-2017, 01:13 PM

Obama 83%
Bush jr. 61%
Clinton 68%
Trump 44%

Where's the Hillary Clinton approval rating and the DNC & RNC rating? And the National Media's rating?

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Where's the Hillary Clinton approval rating and the DNC & RNC rating? And the National Media's rating?Pay attention and don't try so hard, we know you are here. This poll was for PRESIDENT ELECTS only!

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Where's the Hillary Clinton approval rating and the DNC & RNC rating? And the National Media's rating?

Too low to calculate.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Who cares.

Seriously, why is this relevant?

Safety
01-13-2017, 03:11 PM
It means the same as a recent thread about Trump saying Hillary is guilty as hell, but nobody is trashing that one. I mean, I know why that is, but it doesn't have to be so obvious.

Chris
01-13-2017, 03:13 PM
:Doh!:

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:14 PM
This is just another maxi pad for the bedshitting lest to menstruate in.

Who cares what his approval rating is? Presidents aren't popularity contests (although junkhead lefties might believe that).

If this president has the lowest approval rating ever, that should mean that he did his job.

Safety
01-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Who cares what his approval rating is? Presidents aren't popularity contests (although junkhead lefties might believe that).

If this president has the lowest approval rating ever, that should mean that he did his job.

But you realize that Trump ran the biggest popularity campaign that ever existed, right?

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:18 PM
But you realize that Trump ran the biggest popularity campaign that ever existed, right?

Is that the new meme for the left this week?

Either way, I dont really care. Trump lost the popular vote by 3m, he's not that popular.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Greg Lloyd, a retired LB for the Steelers used to wear a tshirt that said "I wasn't hired for my pleasant disposition"

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 03:21 PM
:Doh!:Now there is a real contribution to the thread. Thanks a million Chris for your thoughtful post.

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 03:22 PM

If this president has the lowest approval rating ever, that should mean that he did his job.I'm pullin for ya CO, you can be more crude if you work a little harder.

Safety
01-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Is that the new meme for the left this week?

Either way, I dont really care. Trump lost the popular vote by 3m, he's not that popular.

I'm not sure about it being a meme, I was just responding to your post. But honestly, starting with the first response in this thread, do you not see the difference in a negative Trump thread and one that isn't about Trump? I was not singling you out either.

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure about it being a meme, I was just responding to your post. But honestly, starting with the first response in this thread, do you not see the difference in a negative Trump thread and one that isn't about Trump? I was not singling you out either.

I get your point but Rodham could still, and maybe even likely, prosecuted.

That could at least turn into a discussion.

IMO

Captain Obvious
01-13-2017, 03:36 PM
be prosecuted...

Safety
01-13-2017, 03:39 PM
I get your point but Rodham could still, and maybe even likely, prosecuted.

That could at least turn into a discussion.

IMO

Point. She should.

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Get used to it, we did for 8 years.

There you go with this "we" stuff again. Do you fancy yourself the leader of the liberals here or something?

Don
01-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Yes. By Obama-ites

birddog
01-13-2017, 04:32 PM

Obama 83%
Bush jr. 61%
Clinton 68%
Trump 44%

Obama and Clinton were great, smooth liars, history proves that. Low information voters looking for a Santa Claus are easy to please.

birddog
01-13-2017, 04:34 PM
There you go with this "we" stuff again. Do you fancy yourself the leader of the liberals here or something?

Ah, let's allow him to be the liberal leader, he's ten years older than I am, and I'm old! :laugh:

Tahuyaman
01-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Obama and Clinton were great, smooth liars, history proves that. Low information voters looking for a Santa Claus are easy to please.

Even Bill Clinton's biggest supporters were in awe of his ability to lie and be so convincing even when everyone knew it was a lie.

del
01-13-2017, 05:05 PM
It's a meaningless poll. Entertainment for the masses.
translation- i don't like the results

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 05:18 PM
translation- i don't like the results

Translation - I'm the biggest troll on tPF.

del
01-13-2017, 05:19 PM
Translation - I'm the biggest troll on tPF.
no, i think derpie has you beat

keep swinging, though

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 05:20 PM
no, i think derpie has you beat

keep swinging, though

Translation - I will continue to double down on my trolling.

del
01-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Translation - I will continue to double down on my trolling.

good luck with that

i guess it breaks up the time between homecoming and prom

Private Pickle
01-13-2017, 05:23 PM
good luck with that

i guess it breaks up the time between homecoming and prom

Translation - Trolling fills the void in my soul created by having little to no actual purpose left in life.

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Look! Most Americans did NOT vote for and do not trust Donald Trump! Call that a liberal opinion if you want but you CANNOT debate the fact!

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 05:37 PM
But the job of the President (and Congress) ought to be to do the right things regardless how unpopular.

Not a Trumpy. Though sometimes I'm a grumpy.You are also not a voter so I see you in these discussions as by and large a simple outsider.

resister
01-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Look! Most Americans did NOT vote for and do not trust Donald Trump! Call that a liberal opinion if you want but you CANNOT debate the fact!Also a fact, he won and is your President, like it or not, just like Obama was for me and I never went into the street with a "not my president" sign.

resister
01-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Also a fact, he won and is your President, like it or not, just like Obama was for me and I never went into the street with a "not my president" sign.Not saying you personally .

birddog
01-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Look! Most Americans did NOT vote for and do not trust Donald Trump! Call that a liberal opinion if you want but you CANNOT debate the fact!

Most states voted for Trump. Most patriotic Americans believe in the Constitution and the EC . The rest of you are losers who cannot accept that Trump won fair and square. Period!

AZ Jim
01-13-2017, 08:33 PM
^^^Coming from one of the biggest losers on the board^^^

Chris
01-13-2017, 09:37 PM
^^^Coming from one of the biggest losers on the board^^^

Stop the insults.

patrickt
01-14-2017, 06:05 AM
With Barack Obama the lying and crowing never ended. Now, with the leftists, the whining will never end.

onecut
01-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Obama had his ass kissed by the media thats how he got his rating,.
When bush and clinton became president Democrats werent the raging $#@!s they are today.

Those numbers mean nothing and he still will be President

Yep, and likely a very unpopular one.

onecut
01-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Most states voted for Trump. Most patriotic Americans believe in the Constitution and the EC . The rest of you are losers who cannot accept that Trump won fair and square. Period!

States don't vote. People vote. GOP, the party of the wide open spaces, barren desert and uninhabited wastelands.

Only in America!