PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynch calls to eliminate ‘waves of intolerance’ in America

Common
01-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Two points that the left here is going to really hate, Oh well. The intolerance for the last 4 yrs especially has been towards white straight males from a vicious relentless left. Thats why trump is president.
If Lynch wanted to try and eliminate intolerance she should have started in her own office

Loretta Lynch used her final public speech as attorney general to criticize the “waves of hatred, waves of intolerance and injustice” in America.

Speaking Sunday, days before President-elect Donald Trump is sworn in (http://nypost.com/tag/inauguration/) and hours before the Martin Luther King Jr. national holiday, Lynch called for action.
“I know that while our accomplishments should make us proud, they must not make us complacent,” Lynch said, according to Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/loretta-lynch-civil-rights-tolerance-233647).
“We cannot stop. We have to work. I know that in our pursuit of a brighter future, we still face headwinds. We still face oppositions. We see it. Waves of hatred, waves of intolerance and injustice that are still blowing in this country, and they seem to grow stronger the more that we achieve,” she added.
Lynch’s speech was delivered at the predominantly African-American 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, the location of the infamous 1963 church bombing responsible for the deaths of four young girls.
Lynch said that people have told her “Dr. King’s dream and all that has flowed from it is at risk like never before.”
But, the outgoing top cop added, “I’ve seen people speaking out, and marching, and organizing, and gathering in the time-honored tradition that has made this country stronger. … That’s what I’ve seen. And in their cries of justice, I’ve heard their belief that it can be attained.”
http://nypost.com/2017/01/16/loretta-lynch-calls-to-eliminate-waves-of-intolerance-in-america/

waltky
01-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Common wrote: The intolerance for the last 4 yrs especially has been towards white straight males from a vicious relentless left. Thats why trump is president.

Amen.

donttread
01-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Two points that the left here is going to really hate, Oh well. The intolerance for the last 4 yrs especially has been towards white straight males from a vicious relentless left. Thats why trump is president.
If Lynch wanted to try and eliminate intolerance she should have started in her own office

Loretta Lynch used her final public speech as attorney general to criticize the “waves of hatred, waves of intolerance and injustice” in America.

Speaking Sunday, days before President-elect Donald Trump is sworn in (http://nypost.com/tag/inauguration/) and hours before the Martin Luther King Jr. national holiday, Lynch called for action.
“I know that while our accomplishments should make us proud, they must not make us complacent,” Lynch said, according to Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/loretta-lynch-civil-rights-tolerance-233647).
“We cannot stop. We have to work. I know that in our pursuit of a brighter future, we still face headwinds. We still face oppositions. We see it. Waves of hatred, waves of intolerance and injustice that are still blowing in this country, and they seem to grow stronger the more that we achieve,” she added.
Lynch’s speech was delivered at the predominantly African-American 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, the location of the infamous 1963 church bombing responsible for the deaths of four young girls.
Lynch said that people have told her “Dr. King’s dream and all that has flowed from it is at risk like never before.”
But, the outgoing top cop added, “I’ve seen people speaking out, and marching, and organizing, and gathering in the time-honored tradition that has made this country stronger. … That’s what I’ve seen. And in their cries of justice, I’ve heard their belief that it can be attained.”
http://nypost.com/2017/01/16/loretta-lynch-calls-to-eliminate-waves-of-intolerance-in-america/

Nice seperation of church and state BTW, MS. Lynch. But to suggest that our nation is predominately racist against people of color" flies in the face of recent history and logic. We elected a black man president despite the fact that only about 1 out of 8 Americans are black and then we re-elected him after the worst fiscal preformance in our history. Not exactly the kinds of things the secret KKK members we are painted as being would do.
Give the fuck up , anti-black racism is no longer a factor in American politics.

MMC
01-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Eminem says to Lynch.....Lose Yourself.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2017, 10:10 AM
It's amazing how the most intolerant in our society are always preaching to others about the virtues of tolerance.

resister
01-16-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm surprised she did burst into flames when she said justice. I bet she told bill, this meeting concerns "Just, us"

donttread
01-16-2017, 10:41 AM
It's amazing how the most intolerant in our society are always preaching to others about the virtues of tolerance.

Didn't you know? Tolerance was the original one way street.

Peter1469
01-16-2017, 11:14 AM
How do you eliminate thought?

Captain Obvious
01-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Common wrote: The intolerance for the last 4 yrs especially has been towards white straight males from a vicious relentless left. Thats why trump is president.

Amen.

/thread

The wave begins to ebb in a few days with her departure.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2017, 12:48 PM

You certainly can't eliminate it.... Well, obviously you can in some as so clearly demonstrated here, but you can try to criminalize it.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2017, 12:50 PM
/thread

The wave begins to ebb in a few days with her departure.

No. It's going to get worse.

Crepitus
01-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Oh that's easy, just turn conservative.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

del
01-16-2017, 06:43 PM
will the persecution of white males ever end?

Bethere
01-16-2017, 07:12 PM

You just provided another example.

Bethere
01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
No. It's going to get worse.

Yes it is. It's your turn.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2017, 08:10 PM
You just provided another example.

I did? Where?

Tahuyaman
01-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Yes it is. It's your turn.