PDA

View Full Version : 'Not Obama' Wins Again

Chris
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Who "won" the debate is a question instantly asked in the aftermath of these televised rituals, but with just two weeks left to go, the real question is, who will win the election? And after Monday night's meeting in Boca Raton, Florida, the answer to both questions appears to be the same: "Not Obama."

This has been Mitt Romney's challenge from the outset, to make himself acceptable to the millions of Americans who want to vote for "Not Obama," and his performance in the final debate of the 2012 campaign did nothing to disqualify him....

..."Snarky, condescending, peevish and small." If undecided voters were eager to embrace whichever candidate could best exemplify smug self-congratulation, Obama won by a landslide. After Romney had referred to the president's "apology tour… going to various nations in the Middle East and criticizing America," Obama shot back: "Nothing Governor Romney just said is true, starting with this notion of me apologizing. This has been probably the biggest whopper that's been told during the course of this campaign. And every fact checker and every reporter who's looked at it, Governor, has said this is not true."

That was the point at which a group of uncommitted voters, doing an instant dial-meter reaction for CNN, recorded its lowest mark for the Democrat incumbent....

Fact-checkers, policy wonks, and spinners for both parties will rate the point-by-point accuracy of each candidate's statements, but such particulars will not change the general impression of Obama as pompously indignant when challenged, lecturing Romney pedantically and often on the verge of dislocating a shoulder while trying to pat himself on the back....

@ 'Not Obama' Wins Again (http://spectator.org/archives/2012/10/23/not-obama-wins-again)

Of course some will criticize Romney, but that won't matter, the election's about Obama vs not.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree completely. I'd rather have just about anyone over Odumba.
Ralph Nader? For sure. Anyone but.

respectfulguest
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
seems Romney was trying to run out clock last evening, guess we'll find out shortly if he has enough points.

Trinnity
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
..."Snarky, condescending, peevish and small." If undecided voters were eager to embrace whichever candidate could best exemplify smug self-congratulation, Obama won by a landslide. After Romney had referred to the president's "apology tour… going to various nations in the Middle East and criticizing America," Obama shot back:
"Nothing Governor Romney just said is true, starting with this notion of me apologizing. This has been probably the biggest whopper that's been told during the course of this campaign. And every fact checker and every reporter who's looked at it, Governor, has said this is not true."

That was the point at which a group of uncommitted voters, doing an instant dial-meter reaction for CNN, recorded its lowest mark for the Democrat incumbent....

Heh heh~

I don't hate Obama, but the depths of my contempt can best be described as a black hole in space.

Chris
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
seems Romney was trying to run out clock last evening, guess we'll find out shortly if he has enough points.Latest RCP has Romney ahead slightly in popular and electoral polls. That clock may have been Obama's.

Canadianeye
10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Heh heh~

I don't hate Obama, but the depths of my contempt can best be described as a black hole in space.

I hate him and #barflybiden as well. I passed contempt a few years ago.

respectfulguest
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Latest RCP has Romney ahead slightly in popular and electoral polls. That clock may have been Obama's.

yeah, team Romney definitely took the 'sticks and stones' approach because much of what President Obama attacked Governor Romney on especially as it related to the economy was not refuted as furiously as it was in the prior debates. interesting strategy.

birddog
10-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm changing the popular joke slightly. A Muslim, an Illegal, a Queer, and a Communist walk into a bar, and the bartender asks, "What will you have, Mr. Ex-president?" :laugh:

coolwalker
10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Here's the funny thing...debates aren't won. Perceptions are formed, but there is no score. That's just media hype. Who looked and acted more presidential, that's what you ask youirself. Who was interrupted and whom was the interruptee (no such word really).

Cigar
10-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I agree completely. I'd rather have just about anyone over Odumba.
Ralph Nader? For sure. Anyone but.

... and that's exactly why Mittens is going to lose :grin:

Hate always does lose. :laugh: