PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 40 Democratic Lawmakers now Skipping Trumps inauguration

Cigar
01-17-2017, 09:30 AM
A growing group of Democratic lawmakers will boycott President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration Friday as a protest of Trump’s worldview and his criticism of civil rights icon John Lewis, congressman of Georgia.

There are now nearly 40 House Democrats — 38, at last count — who have declared that they will not attend the inauguration on Capitol Hill this week. The number rose sharply after Trump tweeted Saturday that Lewis is “all talk, talk, talk” and should “finally focus on the burning and crime infested inner-cities.”

Lewis, who sees Trump’s Nov. 8 win as illegitimate because of Russia’s alleged interference in the election, is best known for leading civil rights protests in the 1960s, including the 1965 march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala., in which state troopers brutally attacked the crowd. Lewis will not attend the inauguration, he told NBC News in an interview for Sunday’s “Meet the Press.”

Here’s a list of other lawmakers who will not attend, starting alphabetically with Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), whose spokesman confirmed her decision in an email. Bass had asked constituents to vote about the inauguration on Twitter:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/16/more-than-30-democratic-lawmakers-now-skipping-trumps-inauguration/?utm_term=.cf64875e334d

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9d6ab134c68147821a2735bf7a666f7f/tumblr_my1bvrpKSH1t9uyh9o1_400.gif (http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/26/10832512/denver-broncos-are-getting-no-respect-heading-into-super-bowl-50)

Robo
01-17-2017, 09:39 AM
And Obama guaranteed a "peaceful" transition.

Bo-4
01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
And USA today is having to update this site about every half hour.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/01/17/congress-members-not-going-to-trump-inauguration/96652942/

Way to Tweet Trumpf :evil:

#iStandWithJohnLewis

https://twitter.com/hashtag/istandwithjohnlewis?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ehashtag

Chris
01-17-2017, 10:29 AM
So much for that cooperation demanded so recently.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Nearly 40 Democratic Lawmakers now Skipping Trumps inauguration
Could you imagine the outrage from Democrats had Republicans done the same thing in 2008 and 2012?

waltky
01-17-2017, 11:46 AM
John Yarmuth from Louisville is one of `em...

... I agree with his reasoning...

... even tho' I'm a Trump fan.

The Donald needs to show some maturity...

... unless his goal is to really muck things up for the Repubs...

... and shift the balance back to the Dems.

I've always thought he's really a Dem mole...

... inna Repub party.

birddog
01-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Dimocrats are lying, hypocritical scumbuckets if they support the protest.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 12:08 PM
The inauguration isn't about the person being inaguration. It's about the peaceful transition of government. Democrats are acting like third world types. That's OK with me. They are demonstating who they are and what they believe in.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 12:09 PM
370 Cities Across The World Just Announced Trump Inauguration Protests

The most reviled man in the universe; I hope he understands this. Must outrage him.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/17/370-cities-across-world-just-announced-trump-inauguration-protests/

The upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump is being met with mass trepidation from not just Americans, but by millions of people around the world. That much is evident in the fact that there will be 370 “sister marches” on six continents that are expected to draw over 700,000 people across the world, protesting the inauguration of Donald Trump. 55 marches have been planned in cities from Paris to Nairobi to Sydney, reports the Huffington Post.

14,000 women are set to march in London alone in protest of not just Trump but of the recent wave of far-right hate that is engulfing human societies across the globe and in support of women’s rights, LGBT rights,

“This march was triggered by widespread apprehension at the threat to human rights anticipated in the wake of recent political events. By coming together on the 21st, a multitude of different organisations working across the board on different social issues send a message that the politics of fear and division will not be accepted. In 2016, we all saw an increase in hate speech and divisive rhetoric. Donald Trump’s election was really a tipping point for me” says organizer Beth Garner.

It should be a real gut-punch to the American people and to the Republican Party to know that the ascension of a serial sexual predator and narcissistic egomaniac to the Presidency is prompting outrage not just in the United States but all across the globe.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 12:11 PM
The inauguration isn't about the person being inaguration. It's about the peaceful transition of government. Democrats are acting like third world types. That's OK with me. They are demonstating who they are and what they believe in.

Doesn't feel good when it's done to you ... does it? :laugh:

http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/wilson-you-lie.jpg?x37744 (http://www.economicnoise.com/2013/11/03/obama-liar/)

If you want respect, maybe you should try giving some ... Or did we not have a Thread on that Yesterday?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Dimocrats are lying, hypocritical scumbuckets if they support the protest.

But that's already been established.

maineman
01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Nearly 40 Democratic Lawmakers now Skipping Trumps inauguration
Could you imagine the outrage from Democrats had Republicans done the same thing in 2008 and 2012?

yeah... or what if Republicans - including the future President-elect - spent eight years claiming that Obama presidency was illegitimate because of their unfounded belief that he had not been born in the USA.... can you imagine THAT???

Oh wait.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 12:58 PM
And USA today is having to update this site about every half hour.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/01/17/congress-members-not-going-to-trump-inauguration/96652942/

Way to Tweet Trumpf :evil:

#iStandWithJohnLewis

https://twitter.com/hashtag/istandwithjohnlewis?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^se rp|twgr^hashtag

"#istandWithJohnLewis" lololol

He prefers to sit on his ass -
http://7poundbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/lewis-clark-850x478large.jpg

The news is that he's a known alcoholic and can't stand-up so well.

decedent
01-17-2017, 01:00 PM
At noon on Friday, Putin will become the most powerful man in the world.

birddog
01-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Some of the protesters may lose their next election attempt due to their stupidity.

birddog
01-17-2017, 01:02 PM

Still butt hurt about losing, I see. Stupid comments like that is all you have?

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 01:02 PM
yeah... or what if Republicans - including the future President-elect - spent eight years claiming that Obama presidency was illegitimate because of their unfounded belief that he had not been born in the USA.... can you imagine THAT???
Oh wait.

Obama's presidency certainly was legitimate. The ghosts of over 100,000 Syrian civilians can attest to the fact that his presidency's foreign policy put them in the ground. the ghosts of the Libyan and Iraqi dead thank my post as well.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 01:04 PM

... but he still has Aircraft Carriers that puff Black Smoke and break down ... and we have more 25 year old jets then he has new.

decedent
01-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Still butt hurt about losing, I see. Stupid comments like that is all you have?

Losing? I'm enjoying this.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:12 PM

http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/wilson-you-lie.jpg?x37744 (http://www.economicnoise.com/2013/11/03/obama-liar/)

If you want respect, maybe you should try giving some ... Or did we not have a Thread on that Yesterday?
What part of my comment saying "that's ok with me" confused you?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:18 PM

Oh wait.

Oh wait. That wasn't the prevailing position held by the conservatives in government. Why must you try to represent the rarity as being mainstream?

The mainstream position of the Democrats is to throw idiotic and childish hissy fits. I'm not surprised that you aren't embarrassed by your partisan brothers and sisters.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:21 PM
... but he still has Aircraft Carriers that puff Black Smoke and break down ... and we have more 25 year old jets then he has new.. Did you know that the US still has diesel powered naval vessels. No carriers, But many US war ships are still diesel powered.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 01:21 PM

The most reviled man in the universe; I hope he understands this. Must outrage him.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/17/370-cities-across-world-just-announced-trump-inauguration-protests/

The upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump is being met with mass trepidation from not just Americans, but by millions of people around the world. That much is evident in the fact that there will be 370 “sister marches” on six continents that are expected to draw over 700,000 people across the world, protesting the inauguration of Donald Trump. 55 marches have been planned in cities from Paris to Nairobi to Sydney, reports the Huffington Post.

14,000 women are set to march in London alone in protest of not just Trump but of the recent wave of far-right hate that is engulfing human societies across the globe and in support of women’s rights, LGBT rights,

“This march was triggered by widespread apprehension at the threat to human rights anticipated in the wake of recent political events. By coming together on the 21st, a multitude of different organisations working across the board on different social issues send a message that the politics of fear and division will not be accepted. In 2016, we all saw an increase in hate speech and divisive rhetoric. Donald Trump’s election was really a tipping point for me” says organizer Beth Garner.

It should be a real gut-punch to the American people and to the Republican Party to know that the ascension of a serial sexual predator and narcissistic egomaniac to the Presidency is prompting outrage not just in the United States but all across the globe.

Six Continents? Who gives a rats ass what other countries think?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:24 PM
The Democrats are embarrassing themselves. I'm all for it.

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:27 PM
. Did you know that the US still has diesel powered naval vessels. No carriers, But many US war ships are still diesel powered.

can you name one?

Cigar
01-17-2017, 01:32 PM
can you name one?

SS Trump :laugh:

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Oh wait. That wasn't the prevailing position held by the conservatives in government. Why must you try to represent the rarity as being mainstream?

weren't you arguing just a few weeks ago that Obama was the head of the democratic party? The birther position was a position championed by the head of the republican party. Did you forget that, somehow?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:35 PM
can you name one?

Are you disputing my comment that the US still employs diesel powered war ships?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:37 PM
weren't you arguing just a few weeks ago that Obama was the head of the democratic party? The birther position was a position championed by the head of the republican party. Did you forget that, somehow?. The birther thing was also championed by the Clinton campaign. That did not represent a mainstream position of the RNC. It you can't try to deflect all you want.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 01:40 PM
. Did you know that the US still has diesel powered naval vessels. No carriers, But many US war ships are still diesel powered.

Not the ones that have to keep up with Aircraft Carriers

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Sorry Cigar, you are wrong.

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:44 PM
. The birther thing was also championed by the Clinton campaign. That did not represent a mainstream position of the RNC. It you can't try to deflect all you want.

lie. The birther movement was NEVER "championed" by the Clinton campaign.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/sep/20/hillary-clinton-and-birther-movement-still-no-ther/

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-started-birther-movement/

see what happens when you get sucked into fake news?

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Sorry Cigar, you are wrong.

can you name a warship with diesel propulsion?

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:51 PM
because in order to be a part of a carrier battle group, all vessels must be capable of being replenished by the Auxiliary replenishment ship that is part of that group. Navy replenishment vessels do not carry cargo diesel.

FindersKeepers
01-17-2017, 01:54 PM
see what happens when you get sucked into fake news?

From your Snopes link:

The likeliest point of origin we've been able to find was a post (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1978110/posts?page=391#391) on conservative message board FreeRepublic.com dated 1 March 2008 (which, according to a report (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8478044/Birther-row-began-with-Hillary-Clinton-supporters.html) in The Telegraph, was at least a month before Clinton supporters got on the e-mail bandwagon):

Apparently, Clinton supporters did get on the "e-mail bandwagon," even if they weren't the first ones.

Odds are, however, that they WERE the first ones, since the GOP was not concerned about Obama as a candidate that early. Clinton's campaign was, however.

No matter -- at some point, Clintonista's were spreading the email.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:56 PM
can you name a warship with diesel propulsion?again, are you disputing my comment that the US still has diesel powered war ships in service? I don't know the names of all the cruisers, destroyers and frigates in the naval inventory.

Do you want to answer my question or are you going to continue playing your silly diversion game?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes it was. Just as it's a fact the Clinton campaign claimed Obama was a Muslim.

maineman
01-17-2017, 01:58 PM
again, are you disputing my comment that the US still has diesel powered war ships in service? I don't know the names of all the cruisers, destroyers and frigates in the naval inventory.

Do you want to answer my question or are you going to continue playing your silly diversion game?

the navy has zero cruisers, destroyers or frigates with diesel power.

maineman
01-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Yes it was. Just as it's a fact the Clinton campaign claimed Obama was a Muslim.

didn't read the links, I see. why am I not surprised?

FindersKeepers
01-17-2017, 02:06 PM

What about the USS San Antonio?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Not the ones that have to keep up with Aircraft CarriersCarriers and submarines are the only nuclear powered ships in the US Navy.

FindersKeepers
01-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Or the USS Fort Worth?

maineman
01-17-2017, 02:11 PM
What about the USS San Antonio?

not a cruiser, destroyer or frigate. and never a part of a carrier battle group

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:11 PM

What do you suppose JP-5 is. It's basically highly refined diesel fuel. Only carriers and submarines are nuclear powered. But your rather create a diversion.

maineman
01-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Or the USS Fort Worth?

not a cruiser, destroyer or frigate.
next?

FindersKeepers
01-17-2017, 02:12 PM

Oh.

Well, in that case -- carry on.

FindersKeepers
01-17-2017, 02:13 PM
not a cruiser, destroyer or frigate.
next?

That's it for me. I give up already. I know when I'm in over my head.

maineman
01-17-2017, 02:14 PM
What do you suppose JP-5 is. It's basically highly refined diesel fuel. Only carriers and submarines are nuclear powered. But your rather create a diversion.

you should stick to military topics about which you know something.... if you can ever find one, that is.

the navy does not have any vessels that are part of a carrier battle group that have diesel propulsion.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:16 PM
you should stick to military topics about which you know something.... if you can ever find one, that is.

the navy does not have any vessels that are part of a carrier battle group that have diesel propulsion.
Maineman thinks that every ship in a carrier battle group is nuclear powered. Too funny. Either that or he doesn't know what JP-5 is.

Its like fishing in a hatchery.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Carrier croup ships running on jet fuel. Makes good sense. Thanks for learnin me sumpin.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
What about the USS San Antonio?. There are no nuclear powered cruisers, destroyers or frigates. The run on JP-5 which is essentially highly refined diesel fuel.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Carrier croup ships running on jet fuel. Makes good sense. Thanks for learnin me sumpin.
Well, you won't learn anything from maineman because all he wants to do is deny facts, create a diversion and argue.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:28 PM
. There are no nuclear powered cruisers, destroyers or frigates. The run on JP-5 which is essentially highly refined diesel fuel.

Well, there was the USS Long Beach. I saw her in the Gulf of Tonkin. I remember crew members asking a 2nd Class Boatswain's Mate what the louvers were for on the superstructure and he said they were for blowing tubes!!!!!!

Someone also discovered that JP5 was an excellent solvent for removing "running rust" off the stanchions and the deck. This same 2nd Class refused to let us use it because it didn't take long enough to clean up the deck and then he wouldn't have anything for us to do.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Well, there was the USS Long Beach. I saw her in the Gulf of Tonkin. I remember crew members asking a 2nd Class Boatswain's Mate what the louvers were for on the superstructure and he said they were for blowing tubes!!!!!!

Someone also discovered that JP5 was an excellent solvent for removing "running rust" off the stanchions and the deck. This same 2nd Class refused to let us use it because it didn't take long enough to clean up the deck and then he wouldn't have anything for us to do.. There WAS the USS Longbeach. It's no longer in service.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Well, you won't learn anything from maineman because all he wants to do is deny facts, create a diversion and argue.

Your point that JP-5 is an oil based product as is diesel is valid. He's Navy and set a nit-picking trap for you. Now get back to carrying your 100 pound rig and go hump 20 and kill the enemy in person. Leave the riding around in boats offshore to the Navy.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 02:36 PM

Someone also discovered that JP5 was an excellent solvent for removing "running rust" off the stanchions and the deck. This same 2nd Class refused to let us use it because it didn't take long enough to clean up the deck and then he wouldn't have anything for us to do.

That's some expensive solvent, not to mention the level of hydrocarbons ... and God for bid some sailor flicks a cigarette in your direction. :laugh:

F'cking Sailors :grin: you're a brilliant bunch

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:36 PM
. There WAS the USS Longbeach. It's no longer in service.

Decommissioned in 1995 I think. She was a Guided Missile Cruiser and served absolutely no purpose in Vietnam. I don't recall her ever firing a shot. Now, the St. Paul was there as well and we did a couple of bombardments with her. You could hear her guns 10 miles away!!! There were several other cruisers as well, the Bainbridge for example but alas all have proven to be too expensive to operate on such a small scale.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:41 PM
That's some expensive solvent, not to mention the level of hydrocarbons ... and God for bid some sailor flicks a cigarette in your direction. :laugh:

F'cking Sailors :grin: you're a brilliant bunch

What are you babbling about???

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Your point that JP-5 is an oil based product as is diesel is valid. He's Navy and set a nit-picking trap for you. Now get back to carrying your 100 pound rig and go hump 20 and kill the enemy in person. Leave the riding around in boats offshore to the Navy.

Hes not nit picking. He just can't avoid trying to create a silly diversion. He's not nearly as clever or smart as he thinks he is.

There's no shame in being a retired light infantryman. There's never shame in doing a job that most men either can't do or are unwilling to do.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Well Maineman, just what does our ships run on these days?

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:48 PM
You never said they had to be part of a carrier battle group. You said the navy has no diesel powered war ships. A warship is not necessarily a cruiser, destroyer or frigate.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 02:52 PM

If you never took Chemistry I guess it safe for you to use. :laugh:

hanger4
01-17-2017, 02:52 PM

can you name one?

The Freedom-class littoral combat ship are all diesel. 6 of them I believe.

Is that enough ??

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
You never said they had to be part of a carrier battle group. You said the navy has no diesel powered war ships. A warship is not necessarily a cruiser, destroyer or frigate. maineman is at least smart enough to know that he was making a fool of himself. He'll be back and try to create another diversion later.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 02:55 PM
He doesn't know. Just humor him.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Did a little research. Modern cruisers and destroyers use gas turbine engines for the most part. The fuel that runs the gas turbines can be diesel fuel or natural gas.

So, I would say that there are diesel fuel powered ships in the navy but not strictly speaking diesel engined ships of the line.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Did a little research. Modern cruisers and destroyers use gas turbine engines for the most part. The fuel that runs the gas turbines can be diesel fuel or natural gas. <br><br>So, I would say that there are diesel fuel powered ships in the navy but not strictly speaking diesel engined ships of the line.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Hes not nit picking. He just can't avoid trying to create a silly diversion. He's not nearly as clever or smart as he thinks he is.

There's no shame in being a retired light infantryman. There's never shame in doing a job that most men either can't do or are unwilling to do.

I was not "shaming" you nor infantry with my post. To the contrary, I am commending ground force's duties in battle when compared to the Navy's role. IIRC there hasn't been a US Navy ship to ship battle since WW II.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 03:00 PM
If you never took Chemistry I guess it safe for you to use. :laugh:

I didn't have to take chemistry, I used the product and I never saw or heard of anyone bursting into flame around JP5.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 03:02 PM
I was not "shaming" you nor infantry with my post. To the contrary, I am commending ground force's duties in battle when compared to the Navy's role. IIRC there hasn't been a US Navy ship to ship battle since WW II.

But I can testify from personal experience there have been shore to ship battles since then. Several Naval Destroyers were fired upon by shore batteries with loss of life during the Vietnam War

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 03:03 PM
The Freedom-class littoral combat ship are all diesel. 6 of them I believe.

Is that enough ??

I can hear Maineman's VVVRRRRTTTT, VVVVRRRRRTTTT, VVVVVRRRRRTTTT alarm sounding.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 03:05 PM
But I can testify from personal experience there have been shore to ship battles since then. Several Naval Destroyers were fired upon by shore batteries with loss of life during the Vietnam War

To be frank, I love the Navy guys like you who served. I never did in any branch and that is my shame. I just like messing with Maineman because he's such a disagreeable guy.

jimmyz
01-17-2017, 03:06 PM

Not to mention what the IAF did to our guys off the coast of Egypt.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Did a little research. Modern cruisers and destroyers use gas turbine engines for the most part. The fuel that runs the gas turbines can be diesel fuel or natural gas. <br><br>So, I would say that there are diesel fuel powered ships in the navy but not strictly speaking diesel engined ships of the line.

JP-5, a more highly refined diesel fuel powers gas turbine engines. I did not realize that natural
gas could be used as a substitute.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Not to mention what the IAF did to our guys off the coast of Egypt.

The USS Cole was almost sunk by a rubber boat loaded with high explosives in Yeman in 2000. There were 17 sailors killed. Before that in 1987 the USS Stark was fired upon by Iraqi aircraft with 37 sailors killed. This was during the Iran - Iraq war and was an unprovoked attack.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 03:13 PM
The USS Missouri was brought out of mothballs and provided supporting fire for Army infantry in the first gulf war.

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 03:16 PM
JP-5, a more highly refined diesel fuel powers gas turbine engines. I did not realize that natural
gas could be used as a substitute.

Its a new Navy procedure, not highly known. The ships have long pipe lines and drilling equipment on board. They find a deposit of natural gas, anchor out and drill for the gas, refilling the 50000 gallon gas tank on board.

Its really something to watch

nathanbforrest45
01-17-2017, 03:27 PM
I can hear Maineman's VVVRRRRTTTT, VVVVRRRRRTTTT, VVVVVRRRRRTTTT alarm sounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0B8iIYjO4U

maineman
01-17-2017, 04:39 PM
I will freely admit that I forgot about the LCS's. They were not around when I served. They do not, however, operate with carriers battle groups because the replenishment ships that refuel carrier battle groups do not carry diesel fuel as part of their cargo load.

maineman
01-17-2017, 04:43 PM
I didn't have to take chemistry, I used the product and I never saw or heard of anyone bursting into flame around JP5.

JP-5's flashpoint is 140F as I can recall.... toss a lit cigarette into a bucket of JP-5 and it is extinguished.

Cigar
01-17-2017, 04:50 PM
JP-5's flashpoint is 140F as I can recall.... toss a lit cigarette into a bucket of JP-5 and it is extinguished.

That's correct ... but it still gives off toxic hydrocarbons ... that's why I wouldn't be on my hands and knees rubbing down a deck for rust and sniffing it in the heat. It does not evaporate as fast as you think after being extinguished.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 04:57 PM
I will freely admit that I forgot about the LCS's. They were not around when I served. They do not, however, operate with carriers battle groups because the replenishment ships that refuel carrier battle groups do not carry diesel fuel as part of their cargo load.

Will you freely admit that you were wrong and also tried to justify your error by creating s diversion from my comment?

maineman
01-17-2017, 05:26 PM
I was wrong in that there are a few new classes of US Navy ships that have diesel propulsion. You were wrong in post 31 when you stated that Cigar was in error about carrier battle groups. You also implied that we had cruisers, destroyers and frigates with diesel propulsion systems when we do not... and have not since the last diesel destroyer escort (frigate) was decommissioned back in the early 70's.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 05:58 PM

Can you explain how your comment was even remotely responsive to my comment?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 05:59 PM

I was wrong in that there are a few new classes of US Navy ships that have diesel propulsion. You were wrong in post 31 when you stated that Cigar was in error about carrier battle groups. You also implied that we had cruisers, destroyers and frigates with diesel propulsion systems when we do not... and have not since the last diesel destroyer escort (frigate) was decommissioned back in the early 70's.
What type of fuel powers the ships other than the carrier in a carrier task force?

On this subject clearly you were wrong. Not only were you wrong, but you ineffectively attempted to move the goal posts with the carrier task force diversion and asking if I could name a diesel powered ship.

You don't have the character to fully admit your error. Grow a set and admit fully your mistake here.

KathyS
01-17-2017, 06:01 PM

I didn't know Bill Clinton was running again.

I really don't care that democrats and ultra-liberal European countries are upset Trump was elected. IMO, they're aware the gravy train is grinding to a halt, finally. America is our country and the well being of Americans should come before we send tax dollars elsewhere. Let the democrats continue to demonstrate that it is they, not republicans, who are dividing this country. People won't forget next election cycle.

Adelaide
01-17-2017, 06:14 PM
This doesn't seem to be good etiquette and just comes off as a bunch of sore losers, really.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 06:18 PM
This doesn't seem to be good etiquette and just comes off as a bunch of sore losers, really.

It's both childish and highly hypocritical.

Ethereal
01-17-2017, 06:19 PM
The deep divisions that lie at the heart of the American political "union" are becoming more and more evident each day. It's only a matter of time before those divisions evolve into a desire for secession and separation. Personally, I say we should just admit the obvious and start the process sooner rather than later.

Bethere
01-17-2017, 06:33 PM
because in order to be a part of a carrier battle group, all vessels must be capable of being replenished by the Auxiliary replenishment ship that is part of that group. Navy replenishment vessels do not carry cargo diesel.

Good times.

Bethere
01-17-2017, 06:35 PM
What type of fuel powers the ships other than the carrier in a carrier task force?

On this subject clearly you were wrong. Not only were you wrong, but you ineffectively attempted to move the goal posts with the carrier task force diversion and asking if I could name a diesel powered ship.

You don't have the character to fully admit your error. Grow a set and admit fully your mistake here.

You want us to believe you over an Annapolis graduate?

lmfao!

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
You want us to believe you over an Annapolis graduate?

lmfao!

He was wrong and he knows it. He's actually admitted his error, but he also tried to justify it. His biggest problem is that he can't admit I am right.

I said that we still have diesel powered war ships in our active naval forces. I was right, we do. He now knows that. He tried to divert from that by asking I knew the names of those ships as if that would prove I am wrong.

He embarrassed himself with his idiotic responses. He even tried to hide behind Cigar. How pathetic can you get?

I know the New York Rangers exist, but I couldn't name one member of the team.

Bethere
01-17-2017, 07:04 PM
He was wrong and he knows it. He's actually admitted his error, but he also tried to justify it. His biggest problem is that he can't admit I am right.

I said that we still have diesel powered war ships in our active naval forces. I was right, we do. He now knows that. He tried to divert from that by asking I knew the names of those ships as if that would prove I am wrong.

He embarrassed himself with his idiotic responses.
Go ahead and try to save face. It's all you have left.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Go ahead and try to save face. It's all you have left.

Obviously you didn't follow the discussion. He was wrong. He admitted it. He just can't admit that I was right, so he doubles down on the hiding behind Cigar.

You see, he doesn't have the character or humility to fully admit a mistake. so now he doubles down on the hiding behind Cigar.

Pride is a powerful force.

hanger4
01-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Obviously you didn't follow the discussion. He was wrong. He admitted it. He just can't admit that I was right, so he doubles down on the hiding behind Cigar.

You see, he doesn't have the character or humility to fully admit a mistake. so now he doubles down on the hiding behind Cigar.

Pride is a powerful force.

He also tried to move the goal posts from "can you name one?" to "carrier battle groups".

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 07:42 PM
He also tried to move the goal posts from "can you name one?" to "carrier battle groups".

I addressed both of those diversions. Maineman punked himself. I just gave him the rope to do it.

Isn't amazing how foolish pride can make someone make themself look like a complete buffoon?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 09:23 PM
maineman will return to this one when he thinks it's safe to employ another diversion tactic.

Peter1469
01-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Does anyone care that these 40 dems are not going to the inauguration?

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:06 PM

fuel? JP-5. propulsion systems? certainly not diesel engines. There are no warships steaming with carrier battle groups that propel themselves with diesel engines.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Does anyone care that these 40 dems are not going to the inauguration?

Not really.

I just take note that their rhetoric when they are in charge doesn't match their actions when they aren't.

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:09 PM

He embarrassed himself with his idiotic responses. He even tried to hide behind Cigar. How pathetic can you get?

and even if you could name every single destroyer, cruiser, or frigate who make up carrier battle groups, you could not name a single one who was powered by diesel engines. fact.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:14 PM
fuel? JP-5. propulsion systems? certainly not diesel engines. There are no warships steaming with carrier battle groups that propel themselves with diesel engines.

Still sticking with the diversions I see. Do you know what JP-5 actually is?

Look, I exposed you as being so prideful that you can't admit that I was right. I made the comment that we do have war ships in our navy running on diesel fuel and you claimed I was wrong. In fact I was right.

Then you attempted to move the goal posts and embarrassed yourself even more.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:16 PM
IR's ovious that I cause maineman to lose sleep.

del
01-17-2017, 11:17 PM
it's also obvious you don't know what jp-5 is.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:23 PM

You're clueless, so at least you have that going for you. Which is nice...... In your mind anyway n

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:24 PM

Look, I exposed you as being so prideful that you can't admit that I was right. I made the comment that we do have war ships in our navy running on diesel fuel and you claimed I was wrong. In fact I was right.

Then you attempted to move the goal posts and embarrassed yourself even more.

we have a handful of ships, littoral combat ships, that do use diesel engines for propulsion. We do not have combatants - cruisers, destroyers, or frigates - that use diesel engines for propulsion. We do not have any ships that routinely comprise a carrier battle group that use diesel engines for propulsion. Again... I would not pretend to be able to tell you the vegetable choices in today's MRE's....I would leave that up to the experts in ground combat cuisine, like you.

del
01-17-2017, 11:26 PM
You're clueless, so at least you have that going for you. Which is nice...... In your mind anyway n
i know jp-5 isn't diesel

hanger4
01-17-2017, 11:27 PM
and even if you could name every single destroyer, cruiser, or frigate who make up carrier battle groups, you could not name a single one who was powered by diesel engines. fact.

You didn't specify a carrier battle group until it was pointed out there are US Naval war ships fueled by diesel.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:27 PM
we have a handful of ships, littoral combat ships, that do use diesel engines for propulsion. We do not have combatants - cruisers, destroyers, or frigates - that use diesel engines for propulsion. We do not have any ships that routinely comprise a carrier battle group that use diesel engines for propulsion. Again... I would not pretend to be able to tell you the vegetable choices in today's MRE's....I would leave that up to the experts in ground combat cuisine, like you.

You aren't as good at the diversions as you think you are.

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:29 PM

actually....my very first duty assignment was as damage control officer/liquid cargo officer on an oiler that carried, Bunker C, NSFO, ND, JP-5 and AVGAS. I went to a cool Army school in Ft Lee, Virginia that taught me all about all of them.

But I don't know dick about the various types of MRE's so you've got me there, sarge.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:30 PM
You didn't specify a carrier battle group until it was pointed out there are US Naval war ships fueled by diesel.

That was as his attempt at moving the goal posts. I'm telling you, he's not so much concerned with admitting that he's wrong. He's more upset that I was right.

Isn't pride considered one of the seven deadly sins? I'm not sure on that one.

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:31 PM
You aren't as good at the diversions as you think you are.

and you aren't as intelligent, by half, as you think YOU are.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:33 PM
and you aren't as intelligent, by half, as you think YOU are.

I'm intelligent enough to know when you've made a fool of yourself.

hanger4
01-17-2017, 11:33 PM

"We do not have combatants"

Littorals are combatants.

"It was "envisioned to be a networked, agile, stealthy surface combatant capable of defeating anti-access and asymmetric threats in the littorals"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_combat_ship

resister
01-17-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm intelligent enough to know when you've made a fool of yourself.
Can't we all just get along, WTF?

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:35 PM
You didn't specify a carrier battle group until it was pointed out there are US Naval war ships fueled by diesel.but Tahuyaman did. He DID say that Cigar was wrong for saying that no ships that were part of a carrier battle group used diesel engines. You must have missed that.... so I understand your confusion.

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:38 PM
"We do not have combatants"

Littorals are combatants.

"It was "envisioned to be a networked, agile, stealthy surface combatant capable of defeating anti-access and asymmetric threats in the littorals"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littoral_combat_ship

never outside of land...never away from their home base where they could refuel. Not what blue water sailors claim.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:40 PM
actually....my very first duty assignment was as damage control officer/liquid cargo officer on an oiler that carried, Bunker C, NSFO, ND, JP-5 and AVGAS. I went to a cool Army school in Ft Lee, Virginia that taught me all about all of them.

But I don't know dick about the various types of MRE's so you've got me there, sarge.

It doesn't look like you know dick about much of anything.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:45 PM
... but he still has Aircraft Carriers that puff Black Smoke and break down ... and we have more 25 year old jets then he has new.

Are you disputing my comment that the US still employs diesel powered war ships?

Not the ones that have to keep up with Aircraft Carriers

Here's how this good fight started.

hanger4
01-17-2017, 11:47 PM
never outside of land...never away from their home base where they could refuel. Not what blue water sailors claim.

You said "We do not have combatants" and we do. You said nothing about out of sight of land or blue water.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:47 PM

we could, but it's not likely.

maineman
01-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Here's how this good fight started.

precisely. NO ships that are part of carrier battle groups are diesel engine vessels. They'd run out of fuel.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:52 PM
You said "We do not have combatants" and we do. You said nothing about out of sight of land or blue water.

My comment that we have diesel powered "war ships" currently in use by the US Navy is an absolute fact. The fact that I can't provided the name those ships is not an effective rebuttal.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:53 PM
precisely. NO ships that are part of carrier battle groups are diesel engine vessels. They'd run out of fuel.

This guy is hopeless.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2017, 11:56 PM

once again.......

maineman
01-18-2017, 12:05 AM
do they ever have asparagus in MRE's?

maineman
01-18-2017, 12:16 AM
you are aware, I assume, that no US Naval ships that routinely operate with carrier battle groups employ diesel engine propulsion, and only a handful - not "MANY" as you stated - of ships that have no open ocean mission employ that propulsion system?

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 12:33 AM
This guy is a hoot. He never fails to live down to my expectations.

Hal Jordan
01-18-2017, 02:13 AM
Why should we care who goes to the inauguration? It affects absolutely nothing.

Hal Jordan
01-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Tahuyaman and maineman should just block each other. The forum would be a better place for it.

Cigar
01-18-2017, 08:25 AM
:laugh: I see why no one wants to talk about the topic

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2017, 08:44 AM

We addressed this. The issue was never "carrier battle groups" but Naval warships in general, and of those there are several. The entire United States Navy is not limited to carrier battle groups. They may be primary but they are not only.

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2017, 08:46 AM
OK, enlighten us, just what is JP-5?

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2017, 08:47 AM
i know jp-5 isn't diesel
Well, you are dead wrong bubba.

JP5 is actually kerosene and the JP stands for Jet Propulsion. Diesel fuel is actually kerosene and JP 5 can and does run diesel engines.

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2017, 08:49 AM

What? And spoil a perfectly good forum???????????????

What a dastardly act that would be.

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2017, 09:00 AM
BTW

The Inauguration is about installing the new president, not about being a Hollywood spectacular. A list of "performers" since 1932 shows only a sprinkling of "A" listers. Many times the Marine or Navy choir was used. The Democrats want to pretend that in the past 100's of the Hollywood elite have paraded out and entertained the nation. Simply not true.

http://mashable.com/2013/01/21/music-monday-inauguration-artists/#rWOlCx3Ns8qU

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Well, you are dead wrong bubba.

JP5 is actually kerosene and the JP stands for Jet Propulsion. Diesel fuel is actually kerosene and JP 5 can and does run diesel engines.

To make a long story short, JP-5 is a blend of a particular type of kerosene and diesel fuel.

Maineman said that no ship in a carrier task force could run on diesel fuel because they would always run out of fuel.. The ships that run on JP-5 actually burn more fuel per hour at cruising speed than the ships that use straight diesel fuel.

In reality, no ship in a carrier task force can match the speed a carrier can achieve. The carrier easily can outrun any of the ships in the task force. The turbine engines in these ships do allow a greater cruising speed, but they still can't match the speed of the carrier. And they need to keep the crushing speed slow enough where they won't need constant or frequent refueling.

The top speed of a carrier is classified, but it's much greater than the other ships in the task force.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 11:31 AM
BTW

The Inauguration is about installing the new president, not about being a Hollywood spectacular. A list of "performers" since 1932 shows only a sprinkling of "A" listers. Many times the Marine or Navy choir was used. The Democrats want to pretend that in the past 100's of the Hollywood elite have paraded out and entertained the nation. Simply not true.

http://mashable.com/2013/01/21/music-monday-inauguration-artists/#rWOlCx3Ns8qU

An american inauguration is supposed to be a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power. There are those among us who do not respect that concept. They are basically power hungry. They want things their way all the time and if they dint get it, they act like spoi led children.

Cigar
01-18-2017, 11:34 AM
An american inauguration is supposed to be a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power. There are those among us who do not respect that concept. They are basically power hungry. They want things their way all the time and if they dint get it, they act like spoi led children.

Donald J Trump is getting as much respect as Barack Obama received.

If people see it as disrespectful, then why didn't they speak up 8 years ago?

Maybe God was Watching ...

Cigar
01-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Sometimes you get what you've gave and deserve.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Donald J Trump is getting as much respect as Barack Obama received.

If people see it as disrespectful, then why didn't they speak up 8 years ago?

Maybe God was Watching ...

You can try to create all the excuses you want. Obama faced no more disrespect than any other president.

One guy one time holler "you lie". One time one Supreme Court justice shook his head at one of his untruthful comments.

Obama was treated like every president before him.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Sometimes you get what you've gave and deserve.

And I think the Senate Democrats are going to get exactly what they deserve.

Bethere
01-18-2017, 11:43 AM
You can try to create all the excuses you want. Obama faced no more disrespect than any other president.

One guy one time holler "you lie". One time one Supreme Court justice shook his head at one of his untruthful comments.

Obama was treated like every president before him.

Utter nonsense!

Chris
01-18-2017, 11:51 AM
Utter nonsense!

Why?

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Utter nonsense!

Truth is nonsenseical to the average liberal.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Why? I used the word "holler" when I should have used hollered. That error makes my entire comment nonsensical.

Cigar
01-18-2017, 12:10 PM
And I think the Senate Democrats are going to get exactly what they deserve.

So be it, and the Circle continues ... I'm cool with it.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 12:20 PM
It's going to be humorous watching the Democrats try to obstruct everything and fail, then try to take credit for any and all successes.

decedent
01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
And Obama guaranteed a "peaceful" transition.

It was peaceful until Trump attacked John Lewis and his district.