PDA

View Full Version : Great News Everyone: Everyone Will Get To Keep Their Coverage Under GOP Health Care

Cigar
01-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Price: Everyone Will Get To Keep Their Coverage Under GOP Health Care Plan

Source: Talking Points Memo

By TIERNEY SNEED Published JANUARY 18, 2017, 11:12 AM EDT

President-elect Donald Trump's pick to lead Health and Human Services, Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), said Wednesday of the Trump administration's plans for repealing Obamacare that it was "absolutely imperative" that people "be able to keep health coverage."

"One of the important things that we need to convey to the American people is that nobody is interested in pulling the rug out from under anybody," Price said at a hearing in front of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. "We believe that it's absolutely imperative that individuals that have health coverage be able to keep health coverage and move hopefully to greater choices and opportunities for them to gain the kind of coverage they want for themselves and for their families."

Over the weekend, Trump told the Washington Post that he planned to unveil an Obamacare replacement plan after Price was confirmed that guaranteed "." That cut against the rhetoric that Republicans have used to explain their intentions, focusing on lower costs to ensure "access" to insurance, rather than universal coverage.

"I think there's been a lot of talk about individuals losing health coverage. That is not our goal nor is it our desire nor is it our plan," Price said at the hearing.

###

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/price-imperative-people-covered

Price: Trump Has Not Changed On Vows Not To Cut Medicare, Social Security

By TIERNEY SNEED Published JANUARY 18, 2017, 11:29 AM EDT

Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), President-elect Donald Trump's choice to lead the Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday that Trump had not changed his mind on the vows he made during the campaign not to cut Medicare or Social Security.

"I haven't had extensive discussions with him about the comments that he made, but I have no reason to believe that he's changed his position," Price told the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions after Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) went through various statements Trump made during the campaign promising to protect the programs.

"So you are telling us to the best of your knowledge, Mr. Trump will not cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid," Sanders asked again.

"As I say, I have no reason to believe that that position has changed," Price said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tom-price-trump-medicare-social-security

This is wonderful news everyone, it's great to know that the GOP really cares about Americans and their Heath Care; I'm really looking forward to them passing this Great Health Care Plan on to the American Citizens.

:applause:

Cannons Front
01-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Nov. 4, 2013 “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan,”

"Linda Douglass of the White House Office of Health Reform debunks the myth that reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors. To the contrary, reform will expand your choices, not eliminate them. "

June 6, 2009 "If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too. The only change you’ll see are falling costs as our reforms take hold."

June 11, 2009: "No matter how we reform health care, I intend to keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you'll be able to keep your doctor; if you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan."

June 15, 2009: "I know that there are millions of Americans who are content with their health care coverage — they like their plan and, most importantly, they value their relationship with their doctor. They trust you. And that means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what."

June 23, 2009. "If you like your plan and you like your doctor, you won't have to do a thing. You keep your plan. You keep your doctor."

July 18, 2009: "Michelle and I don’t want anyone telling us who our family’s doctor should be – and no one should decide that for you either. Under our proposals, if you like your doctor, you keep your doctor. If you like your current insurance, you keep that insurance. Period, end of story."

Unless noted these are all quotes from the POTUS, anyone remember that? How well was that promise?

Keep your plan, Keep your Doctor, Lower Costs, better benefits?

There are so many more that say the same thing over and over and over.... Guess it was all a lie....

Nope on all counts.......

Cigar
01-18-2017, 03:57 PM
News Flash Einstein; No one keep the same Plan year after year, the insurance companies change them :laugh:

Archer0915
01-18-2017, 04:04 PM
News Flash Einstein; No one keep the same Plan year after year, the insurance companies change them :laugh:
News flash! Private insurance is not the same a company insurance that jockeys for the best deal!

Cannons Front
01-18-2017, 04:10 PM

Really? I have had the same plan wow for nearly 20 years, now that is because I pay for it and my job pays for it and I don't expect the Gov't or other tax payers to pay for it. The Ins companies changed the ACA plans because 1 the law required it, 2 the law made existing private plans un workable or un affordable. The bottom line is all of the Dems claimed Keep your plan, Keep your Doctor, Lower Costs, better benefits. But overall Costs went up like a sky rocket..... benefits went down and availability shrank.
Now you can try to spin all you want but that is the facts, even CNN says so.

So Einstein, I guess your news flash is more like a DUD round.

Cigar
01-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Really? I have had the same plan wow for nearly 20 years, now that is because I pay for it and my job pays for it and I don't expect the Gov't or other tax payers to pay for it. The Ins companies changed the ACA plans because 1 the law required it, 2 the law made existing private plans un workable or un affordable. The bottom line is all of the Dems claimed Keep your plan, Keep your Doctor, Lower Costs, better benefits. But overall Costs went up like a sky rocket..... benefits went down and availability shrank.

No you haven't ...

Bo-4
01-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Awesome - this is gonna make the R fiscal hawks real happy.

A trillion for infrastructure and few if any changes to Obamacare or the social safety net.

Bo-4
01-18-2017, 04:19 PM

There is no such thing as an insurance policy that doesn't change from one year to the next.

20 years?

You need to pay more attention.

Archer0915
01-18-2017, 06:43 PM
There is no such thing as an insurance policy that doesn't change from one year to the next.

20 years?

You need to pay more attention.

Rates change

Cannons Front
01-19-2017, 06:49 AM
Well to those who seem to think they know more about my healthcare Insurance than I do, Guess what You are wrong....
Maybe it is because I do not have a job, I have a career. Maybe because most people do not stay with the same employer for 20+ years any longer, who knows, but I have had the same insurance for almost the entire time. Have things changed sure but my plan has not. I have changed insurance plans once in over 24 years and that was because Aetna stopped offering in my area. When that happened I switched to BCBS Anthem and it has remained that way since. I have the exact same Doctor, well Doctors office, I have had 2 doctors retire, not my plans fault, I have had the same coverage, yes prices have changed but really that has only happened in the last 6 years for the majority of that time my rate and copays were the same within dollars, Your rate changing is not the same as your plan changing, nice try but EPIC fail.
So even though you must think you are the all knowing, you are wrong, My BCBS Anthem plan other than costs remains the same. And the costs only changed about 10 dollars a month until the ACA with no change in copay, since the ACA they have increased about 70 dollars a month and my copay increased 25%. Now I am sorry that this does not fit into your story line but the facts remain as they are.