PDA

View Full Version : Dem Senator On Republican O'Care Replacement: 'They Are In A Panic'

Cigar
01-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Sen. Brian Schatz (D-HI) says Republicans have approached him looking for help to replace the Affordable Care Act because he says "they are in a panic."

"I think they want a life line because they don't have a plan," Schatz told TPM. Schatz told TPM that Republicans' overtures to talk health care are little more than vague hints that the Democratic senator should sit down with them.

"It's 'hey, let's talk. Why don't we form a little grouping,' but nobody's buying it because they have no plan," Schatz said. Republicans took the first steps to repeal the Affordable Care Act last week using a process known as reconciliation, which only requires a simple majority vote to pass in the Senate. But Republicans know that they will need Democratic support to replace Obamacare.

"They want to be able to claim this is part of a good faith negotiation, but it's simply not.They have no idea what comes next so they want some bipartisan cover for their nonsense behavior," Schatz said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/dem-senator-on-republican-ocare-replacement-they-are-in-a-panic

I say they bought it, they own it ... leave their Dicks Swinging in the Wind :laugh:

The Democrat should stay as far away from this as humanly possible.

Subdermal
01-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Perhaps he should have consulted with Tom Price first. There are several plans, and hysteria and hyperbole from another leftist sycophant matters nothing at all.

del
01-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Perhaps he should have consulted with Tom Price first. There are several plans, and hysteria and hyperbole from another leftist sycophant matters nothing at all.
he wanted a health plan, not stock tips

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 08:35 PM
I think that the Republicans should ignore the Democrats as much as possible. It will be impossible to persuade them to set their hyper partisanship aside. Just let them whine and cry and get on with your business. Just roll over them and do what you think is right.

hanger4
01-18-2017, 08:51 PM
he wanted a health plan, not stock tips

Topic del topic

del
01-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Topic del topic
piss off

thanks

hanger4
01-18-2017, 09:24 PM
piss off

thanks

No prob del, I forget the dish can't take it. My bad.

BTW, I see Bethere up to his usual set of double standards. Admonishing others in dels thread for off topic and trolling yet thanking del in this for doing the same.

maineman
01-18-2017, 11:14 PM
any replacement will still need 41 democratic senators to sign on. good luck with that. You guys will repeal the ACA and then will not be able to replace it with anything. I personally hope that coal miners in PA and WV die of black lung disease by the scores with no insurance to save them. Sweet sweet schadenfreude.

maineman
01-18-2017, 11:16 PM
I think that the Republicans should ignore the Democrats as much as possible. It will be impossible to persuade them to set their hyper partisanship aside. Just let them whine and cry and get on with your business. Just roll over them and do what you think is right.

how does that work in the Senate? Chucky can let seven senators slide on each and every cloture vote and still shut Trump's agenda down.

Tahuyaman
01-18-2017, 11:27 PM
how does that work in the Senate? Chucky can let seven senators slide on each and every cloture vote and still shut Trump's agenda down.

Chucky is going to get a rude awakening very soon. I know that you worship the dude, but that's not relevant.

hanger4
01-18-2017, 11:34 PM
any replacement will still need 41 democratic senators to sign on. good luck with that. You guys will repeal the ACA and then will not be able to replace it with anything. I personally hope that coal miners in PA and WV die of black lung disease by the scores with no insurance to save them. Sweet sweet schadenfreude.

"I personally hope that coal miners in PA and WV die"

Ya know maineman there's not a lot of what you post that I take seriously, but that remark I believe you mean.
Actually wish death on someone to prove a political point.

How truly sad for you.

maineman
01-18-2017, 11:47 PM
"I personally hope that coal miners in PA and WV die"

Ya know maineman there's not a lot of what you post that I take seriously, but that remark I believe you mean.
Actually wish death on someone to prove a political point.

How truly sad for you.

if I could differentiate between the black lung suffering coal miners who voted for Hillary versus those who voted for the orange clown, I would. But I can't. The fact remains that the coal mining regions of PA and WV went strongly for the orange clown. They'll get what they deserve, and, because, their idiotic votes not only got them what they deserve, but also served to give the rest of us what we did NOT deserve...they get what they voted for. No coal mining jobs AND no health care. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. I, personally, will make out quite nicely with the clown's tax plan. If the uninformed losers in WV and PA die uninsured because of their vote that foisted this clown upon us, tell me why I should give a flying fuck? Schadenfreude, baby. Schadenfreude.

Subdermal
01-19-2017, 12:15 AM

So you simultaneously hope Dems block a real plan, as well as wish death upon coal miners.

You're a peach.

resister
01-19-2017, 12:16 AM
Jesus, Likely, does not agree. I hope you get rid of some of that hate you carry, I hope, in the meantime, you make out like a bandit. In response to post # 12

Subdermal
01-19-2017, 12:20 AM
if I could differentiate between the black lung suffering coal miners who voted for Hillary versus those who voted for the orange clown, I would. But I can't. The fact remains that the coal mining regions of PA and WV went strongly for the orange clown. They'll get what they deserve, and, because, their idiotic votes not only got them what they deserve, but also served to give the rest of us what we did NOT deserve...they get what they voted for. No coal mining jobs AND no health care. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. I, personally, will make out quite nicely with the clown's tax plan. If the uninformed losers in WV and PA die uninsured because of their vote that foisted this clown upon us, tell me why I should give a flying fuck? Schadenfreude, baby. Schadenfreude.

What you're describing isn't schadenfreude. It's psychosis: yours.

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 01:56 AM
Democrats are in for a tough time over the next few years.

hanger4
01-19-2017, 06:41 AM

Are you sure you're a preacher ??

You sound more like a islamist inman.

hanger4
01-19-2017, 06:43 AM

"why I should give a flying fuck?"

Christian compassion.

maineman
01-19-2017, 07:37 AM
"why I should give a flying fuck?"

Christian compassion.

Before the election, I had a great deal of compassion for people in America less fortunate than myself. After they collectively pissed in their own whiskey AND pissed in mine as well.....not so much anymore. Not so much.

maineman
01-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Are you sure you're a preacher ??

You sound more like a islamist inman.

I'm curious.... what do you think you accomplish by questioning my faith? Do you think that you will somehow shame me? Do you think that, by doing so, you advance your argument?