PDA

View Full Version : No So Fast...Let's not get all excited about "President Romney"

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 08:17 PM
A panel discussion on political scientists on Canada's CBC has just weighed in on the presidential election. While there was a lot of talk about the "debate" last night, all three agreed it did nothing to change anyone's vote. Romney didn't lose any votes and Obama can have bragging rights on a "win".

However, the consensus is there is no way anyone can call this one now.

Romney has a marginal lead in Florida, but it's almost meaningless if he can't win Ohio, where he is trailing in a statistical dead heat 46/48 for Obama.

Should that happen, the mid west states like Colorado become important, but all three stressed that with Ohio in Obama's pocket it is possible, and somewhat likely, that Romney can win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

With a 2 point lead, about the margin of error, Obama needs Ohio...he wan win without Florida.

So, let's not get all excited about president Romney...

oceanloverOH
10-23-2012, 08:19 PM
A panel discussion on political scientists on Canada's CBC has just weighed in on the presidential election. While there was a lot of talk about the "debate" last night, all three agreed it did nothing to change anyone's vote. Romney didn't lose any votes and Obama can have bragging rights on a "win".

However, the consensus is there is no way anyone can call this one now.

Romney has a marginal lead in Florida, but it's almost meaningless if he can't win Ohio, where he is trailing in a statistical dead heat 46/48 for Obama.

Should that happen, the mid west states like Colorado become important, but all three stressed that with Ohio in Obama's pocket it is possible, and somewhat likely, that Romney can win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

With a 2 point lead, about the margin of error, Obama needs Ohio...he wan win without Florida.

I have to get excited about President Romney. IMO, the alternative is much, much worse.

Trinnity
10-23-2012, 08:19 PM
It's my guess from reading the signs over the last 2 years that people are gonna come out of the wood-works to vote against Obama. I still think so. I could be wrong, I don't have a crystal ball.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 08:21 PM
It's my guess from reading the signs over the last 2 years that people are gonna come out of the wood-works to vote against Obama. I still think so. I could be wrong, I don't have a crystal ball.

I do not know a single person who is voting for Odumba this time around.

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I do not know a single person who is voting for Odumba this time around.

The only ones I know are Canadians!

birddog
10-23-2012, 09:24 PM
The only ones I know are Canadians!

How about our buddy Cigar? :laugh::laugh:

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
How about our buddy Cigar? :laugh::laugh:

Nope. You have to be at least 18 to vote.
:laughing4:

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Nope. You have to be at least 18 to vote.
:laughing4:

Good one!

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Good one!

:evil:

roadmaster
10-23-2012, 09:53 PM

It will surprise me if he should win. Be nice tho.

Captain Obvious
10-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I would say that this is still the OhBama's election to lose.

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
I would say that this is still the OhBama's election to lose.

Yep. My read too.

I suspect the prediction of a Romney win on the popular vote and an Obama electoral college victory.

But I am not betting a cent on it.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Barack Hussein Odumba is currently leading the polls from behind. :biglaugh:

Trinnity
10-23-2012, 10:26 PM
The debates showed the people that Romney is presidential and likeable.

Captain Obvious
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
The debates showed the people that Romney is presidential and likeable.

Being electable is more important.

Romney essentially tied the last two debates in peoples minds. Had he delivered one or two more knockouts, it would have served him better.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Being electable is more important.

Romney essentially tied the last two debates in peoples minds. Had he delivered one or two more knockouts, it would have served him better.

Disagree here. Must say. Being presidential and likeable is way more important than delivering knockouts.

But I think you're both missing the really important thing:
Mitt Romney showed that he's not a lying rich guy like Odumba says he is. Mitt Romney proved he is just a normal person like everyone else, fighting to make his nation better.

Captain Obvious
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Disagree here. Must say. Being presidential and likeable is way more important than delivering knockouts.

Mitt Romney showed that he's not a lying rich guy like Odumba says he is. Mitt Romney proved he is just a normal person like everyone else, fighting to make his nation better.

Not sure fact checkers agree with that statement, or independents for that matter - which is the crux of the conundrum.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Not sure fact checkers agree with that statement, or independents for that matter - which is the crux of the conundrum.

If you are speaking about his tax plan and budgeting, I must say I trust the man who has run and financed a business before over the "experts" and numbercrunchers.

If you are speaking about something else, please elaborate.

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 10:41 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but they are both politicians. What ALL politicians do is lie.

Both of them have...

It's a matter of who tells the biggest lies and gets away with it.

Obama's "story" on the Benghazi assassinations is pretty big.......

And, of course he gonna close gitmo, he jus been busy gettin everyone der phones is all.

Trinnity
10-23-2012, 10:43 PM
He IS electable, Cap.

Captain Obvious
10-23-2012, 10:43 PM
If you are speaking about his tax plan and budgeting, I must say I trust the man who has run and financed a business before over the "experts" and numbercrunchers.

If you are speaking about something else, please elaborate.

If you put your faith in a guy who's for abortion, then against it. Who's for government healthcare plans, then against it.

... and so on and so forth.

Romney is clearly a better option than the OhBama, but is he the optimal conservative candidate?

Fuck no.

Deadwood
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
If you put your faith in a guy who's for abortion, then against it. Who's for government healthcare plans, then against it.

Romney is clearly a better option than the OhBama, but is he the optimal conservative candidate?

Fuck no.

You mean he's .....................wait for it.............

"not optimal"?

Captain Obvious
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM

"not optimal"?

Not even close.

He's whoever the majority wants him to be and that's been his biggest drawback - and the reason why conservatives have not fully embraced him.

Had he been a strong conservative, we would be talking more about baseball right now.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 11:01 PM

"not optimal"?

Man. I just come back to my room with my beer and see this, I spit a whole mouthful of it out onto my bed.
Thanks for the laugh, but my timing for reading your post was "not optimal."

roadmaster
10-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Not even close.

He's whoever the majority wants him to be and that's been his biggest drawback - and the reason why conservatives have not fully embraced him.

Had he been a strong conservative, we would be talking more about baseball right now.

I don't see him as an conservative but he is more than Obama.

GrassrootsConservative
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't see him as an conservative but he is more than Obama.

Compared to the extremist Odumba even a dead-center politician would appear to be conservative.

oceanloverOH
10-24-2012, 06:41 AM

Fuck no.

I think many conservatives are in agreement with this. I'm not so much voting FOR Romney as I'm voting AGAINST Obama. I think continued "leadership" under Obama would shred what's left of the ideals most Americans hold dear. Romney is a long way from the optimal Republican candidate....I can think of several I would have rather seen win the nomination. But he's what we've got, and we've got to hope like hell he can arrest the downward trend of patriotism, help us stabilize economically, and put a stop to America being an international laughingstock.