PDA

View Full Version : Last day prediction?

DGUtley
01-19-2017, 08:23 AM
Serious question: What will be the last day "WHAM!!!" that Obama will do today (if any)? We kicked this around at the gym today: massive pardons, massive EO rewrite of immigration law, appointments, release of GITMO, ....

Thoughts? Personally, I think he has something planned, I just can't imagine what it is. I think he's the master politician ala Reagan and I think it'll be difficult for him to leave without tweaking the R's one last time.

Peter1469
01-19-2017, 08:30 AM
I suspect he has a surprise. I hope it isn't something designed to make the next administration's life more difficult.

Crepitus
01-19-2017, 08:31 AM
I suspect he has a surprise. I hope it isn't something designed to make the next administration's life more difficult.

And if it was you, would it be?

MMC
01-19-2017, 08:32 AM
I was going with he will encourage the illiberals to become more unhinged than they already are. Play on the victim role and blame Repubs for something else.

Peter1469

Of course not.

But then, I am not a narcissist.

Common Sense
Take away all the guns with his super secret Muslim child soldiers and the UN. Probably declare a Muslim Caliphate and install himself as the Sultan of the Muslim States of 'merica.

Cigar
Obama's going to go to the bathroom? That's it? Really? That's the best you have for us? Obama's going to go to the bathroom? Ok. Thanks for your valuable input.

Nope he's going to let his Dogs have Fun

Cigar
01-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Take away all the guns with his super secret Muslim child soldiers and the UN. Probably declare a Muslim Caliphate and install himself as the Sultan of the Muslim States of 'merica.

... and don't forget, Make Gas $6.00 :laugh:

Crepitus
01-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Of course not.

But then, I am not a narcissist.

I'm not either, but I'd sure as hell have a parting shot ready.

DGUtley
01-19-2017, 08:34 AM

1. Name a Naval Ship after John Lewis?
2. Propose putting himself on Mt. Rushmore?
3. Calling for reparations?

FindersKeepers
01-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Hmmm.... I'm guessing he'll grant a few more pardons on his way out the door.

He might sign some sort of EO to grant protection to the Dreamers, although he might not bother if he felt it would be reversed.

Cigar
01-19-2017, 08:45 AM
1. Name a Naval Ship after John Lewis?
2. Propose putting himself on Mt. Rushmore?
3. Calling for reparations?

Rename a Bridge :laugh:

http://www.roadtripamerica.com/photos/data/656/medium/Edmund_Pettus_Bridge.jpg (http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum/content.php?1392-Edmund-Pettus-Bridge-Selma-Alabama)

Peter1469
01-19-2017, 08:48 AM

It wouldn't occur to me. Probably part of the reason I could never be a politician.

Docthehun
01-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Serious question: What will be the last day "WHAM!!!" that Obama will do today (if any)? We kicked this around at the gym today: massive pardons, massive EO rewrite of immigration law, appointments, release of GITMO, ....

Thoughts? Personally, I think he has something planned, I just can't imagine what it is. I think he's the master politician ala Reagan and I think it'll be difficult for him to leave without tweaking the R's one last time.

Good question Counselor. No, I think he'll lay low. He recognizes that the President-elect has promised to "Make America Great Again" with such sweeping changes that everyone will benefit in short order. If it doesn't and it won't, those not participating in the greatness will soon sour, including I believe, the coal miners in WVa, to name a few.

While he won the election, the fact remains that he lost the popular vote by the widest margin in history. So he starts out tomorrow at 12:01 with a minority of American supporters. Amongst the supporters are all the Republicans who consider our candidate, the biggest gamble in Party history. Within the Party, are those already shoving their muscle around as if it were they who are really in charge. Included in that group, are Mitch, Mike and Paul. Marco has already shown he's not exactly a team player either. Also in the Party are the "Anybody but Hillary" crowd who could quickly become disenchanted.

If the President-elect follows through on his promise to make the military "lean and mean", many Senators and Representatives will hear about it on the home front if a local firm happens to be a big supplier to one of the large defense contractors.

The President I'm sure realizes that me and you, NapRover, the Republican Party and everyone who cast a vote for Mr. Trump, will own him at 12:01 tomorrow and everything that transpires thereafter. He's guessing we rolled the dice and we're going to lose. Despite all the bad press that the Democratic Party has received of late, in the end, Bethere may be right. It could be the last breath of our Party as well.

Personally, I'm not making any predictions about where this heads, but I hope this doesn't take us into dangerous waters.

del
01-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Hmmm.... I'm guessing he'll grant a few more pardons on his way out the door.

He might sign some sort of EO to grant protection to the Dreamers, although he might not bother if he felt it would be reversed.

he doesn't have to, ryan and trump will take care of that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/309462-ryan-gop-wont-pull-the-rug-out-from-dreamers

(http://thehill.com/homenews/house/309462-ryan-gop-wont-pull-the-rug-out-from-dreamers)Speaker Paul Ryan (http://thehill.com/people/paul-ryan) (R-Wis.) on Thursday gave assurances that Republicans won’t “pull the rug out from under” undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.

Ryan was asked about President-elect Donald Trump (http://thehill.com/people/donald-trump)’s comment in a Time magazine interview that the GOP is going to “work something out” for them while rescinding President Obama’s executive order that allowed them to stay in the U.S.

“We should have something that balances the concerns of all parties involved and make sure that we don’t pull the rug out from under people,” Ryan said at his final Capitol news conference of 2016.

just because trump has lied and cheated his entire life, that doesn't mean he won't keep whatever promises you fools think he made to you.

you're different

lawlz

FindersKeepers
01-19-2017, 09:11 AM
he doesn't have to, ryan and trump will take care of that.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/309462-ryan-gop-wont-pull-the-rug-out-from-dreamers

That's a positive, then.

DGUtley
01-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Good question Counselor. . . . . . .Personally, I'm not making any predictions about where this heads, but I hope this doesn't take us into dangerous waters.

We've been there for a long time.

Cigar
01-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Good question Counselor. No, I think he'll lay low. He recognizes that the President-elect has promised to "Make America Great Again" with such sweeping changes that everyone will benefit in short order. If it doesn't and it won't, those not participating in the greatness will soon sour, including I believe, the coal miners in WVa, to name a few.

While he won the election, the fact remains that he lost the popular vote by the widest margin in history. So he starts out tomorrow at 12:01 with a minority of American supporters. Amongst the supporters are all the Republicans who consider our candidate, the biggest gamble in Party history. Within the Party, are those already shoving their muscle around as if it were they who are really in charge. Included in that group, are Mitch, Mike and Paul. Marco has already shown he's not exactly a team player either. Also in the Party are the "Anybody but Hillary" crowd who could quickly become disenchanted.

If the President-elect follows through on his promise to make the military "lean and mean", many Senators and Representatives will hear about it on the home front if a local firm happens to be a big supplier to one of the large defense contractors.

The President I'm sure realizes that me and you, @NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018), the Republican Party and everyone who cast a vote for Mr. Trump, will own him at 12:01 tomorrow and everything that transpires thereafter. He's guessing we rolled the dice and we're going to lose. Despite all the bad press that the Democratic Party has received of late, in the end, @Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1988) may be right. It could be the last breath of our Party as well.

Personally, I'm not making any predictions about where this heads, but I hope this doesn't take us into dangerous waters.

I'd love for Don Cheeto to cut Unemployment in half, triple the market, beat Obama's consecutive Private Sector Job Growth.

But most of all, I would live to see The Orange Thang add 20 Million more to the Insured.

Have at it sport :dancing: he'll be Legendary

resister
01-19-2017, 09:19 AM
You can bet he will do something spiteful and petty.

nathanbforrest45
01-19-2017, 10:04 AM

I see the guy from Shark Tank is going to put an end to all of your foolishness. Good for him.

Green Arrow
01-19-2017, 10:04 AM
One sweeping EO that hands the US government over to the UN, orders mass gun confiscations and internment camps for conservatives, puts himself on Mount Rushmore and Chief Justice of SCOTUS, orders the CDC to unleash ebola on the US, and replaces the US military with ISIL.

nathanbforrest45
01-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Hey Libs
Trump won the election as provided by the Constitution of the United States. Deal with it.

nathanbforrest45
01-19-2017, 10:08 AM
One sweeping EO that hands the US government over to the UN, orders mass gun confiscations and internment camps for conservatives, puts himself on Mount Rushmore and Chief Justice of SCOTUS, orders the CDC to unleash ebola on the US, and replaces the US military with ISIL.

I can't tell if you are being facetious or not.

Is this your fondest wish??

Green Arrow
01-19-2017, 10:12 AM
I can't tell if you are being facetious or not.

Is this your fondest wish??

Oh, of course. I pray facing Mecca every night that everything I just said happens.

Chris
01-19-2017, 10:36 AM
I think he's depressed and will do nothing but walk away with his shoulders slumped. He did say everything would be OK though.

Peter1469
01-19-2017, 11:56 AM
The GOP deserves to go the way of the Dodo bird. As does the Democratic Party.

The President I'm sure realizes that me and you, @NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018), the Republican Party and everyone who cast a vote for Mr. Trump, will own him at 12:01 tomorrow and everything that transpires thereafter. He's guessing we rolled the dice and we're going to lose. Despite all the bad press that the Democratic Party has received of late, in the end, @Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1988) may be right. It could be the last breath of our Party as well.

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 11:58 AM
This indicates you are as un-American as Barack Hussein O.

Cigar
01-19-2017, 12:03 PM

He's Kenyan, remember, why should he give a F'ck? :laugh:

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 12:15 PM
He's Kenyan, remember, why should he give a F'ck? :laugh:
His roots are in Kenya. His supposed father was a communist. Barack Hussein O handsomely supported the islamoNAZIs in Tehran. And like Islamofascism supporters everywhere he advanced Islamofascist causes while doing what he could to harm Israel and the US.

Are you also an Islamofascism supporter?

Ethereal
01-19-2017, 12:25 PM
His roots are in Kenya. His supposed father was a communist. Barack Hussein O handsomely supported the islamoNAZIs in Tehran. And like Islamofascism supporters everywhere he advanced Islamofascist causes while doing what he could to harm Israel and the US.

What a steaming pile of crap. It's a good thing that your generation is on the way out politically speaking. Trump is your last gasp. After that, you're done.

Don
01-19-2017, 12:35 PM
I think he's depressed and will do nothing but walk away with his shoulders slumped. He did say everything would be OK though.

Plus he'll be at the inauguration tomorrow so there won't likely be any terror attacks by disgruntled democrats.

Chris
01-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Plus he'll be at the inauguration tomorrow so there won't likely be any terror attacks by disgruntled democrats.

They're all boycotting. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 12:41 PM

What a steaming pile of crap. It's a good thing that your generation is on the way out politically speaking. Trump is your last gasp. After that, you're done.
1) His roots are in Kenya.
2) His supposed father was a communist.
3) Barack Hussein O handsomely supported the islamoNAZIs in Tehran.
4) And like Islamofascism supporters everywhere he advanced Islamofascist causes while doing what he could to harm Israel and the US.

I added numbers to make it easy for you to identify those things you find to be a "steaming pile of crap."

I am 63. I have another 37 years.

Docthehun
01-19-2017, 01:39 PM
They're all boycotting. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

I wonder if that's what Thomas Jefferson said to John Adams?

Ethereal
01-19-2017, 01:43 PM

1) His roots are in Kenya.
4) And like Islamofascism supporters everywhere he advanced Islamofascist causes while doing what he could to harm Israel and the US.

I added numbers to make it easy for you to identify those things you find to be a "steaming pile of crap."

This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/08/29/this-may-be-the-last-presidential-election-dominated-by-boomers-and-prior-generations/)

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/08/FT_16.08.26_votingGenerationsVotesCast-1.png

Enjoy it while it lasts, because the party will be over soon. Then we won't have to listen to your bigoted rants about "IslamoNAZIs" anymore.

Peter1469
01-19-2017, 02:24 PM
I wonder how the next generation will govern.

Crepitus
01-19-2017, 02:38 PM

If Barack Obama is unAmerican

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 02:45 PM
) His roots are in Kenya.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because the party will be over soon. Then we won't have to listen to your bigoted rants about "IslamoNAZIs" anymore.

Did Barack Hussein O give massive financial support to the IslamoNAZIs in Tehran? Yes. Did he ensure they will have nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them? Yes.
Run away. I get it.

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 02:46 PM
If Barack Obama is unAmerican
He is. You are.

NapRover
01-19-2017, 03:20 PM

I always assume the worst when any question comes up regarding the WPOAT. And this cynical pessimism has been justified time after time. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got KSM into the baseball hall of fame.

AZ Jim
01-19-2017, 03:35 PM
You can bet he will do something spiteful and petty.Why would he? He has the moral high ground and is much classier than Trump, you and others of that cut. The President (real one) Obama has never been petty. Can you say that for trump?

AZ Jim
01-19-2017, 03:40 PM
I think he's depressed and will do nothing but walk away with his shoulders slumped. He did say everything would be OK though.His chin held high, shoulders back and most likely flashing his elegant smile. Leave the slump shoulders for trump when he is impeached. But then, you as a non-voter don't care. Right?

Crepitus
01-19-2017, 06:45 PM
He is. You are.

No sir. Unlike your selfish self both the current president and I have the nation's best interest at heart.

MisterVeritis
01-19-2017, 06:57 PM
No sir. Unlike your selfish self both the current president and I have the nation's best interest at heart.
That cannot possibly be true.

Crepitus
01-19-2017, 06:58 PM
That cannot possibly be true.

Nevertheless

resister
01-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Why would he? He has the moral high ground and is much classier than Trump, you and others of that cut. The President (real one) Obama has never been petty. Can you say that for trump?You bitch about respect of Mr.Obama, you turn around in the very same breath and call President Donald John Trump A pig, the moral high ground is all yours, real classy dude.

Docthehun
01-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Well Counselor, DGUtley, it appears the day passed with no big announcements, beyond the final round of commuted sentences, with, as far as I know, no "celebrity" names.

resister
01-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Why would he? He has the moral high ground and is much classier than Trump, you and others of that cut. The President (real one) Obama has never been petty. Can you say that for trump?Pardon terrorist, be proud!!!!!!!

DGUtley
01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Well Counselor, @DGUtley (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2019), it appears the day passed with no big announcements, beyond the final round of commuted sentences, with, as far as I know, no "celebrity" names.

you were correct Docthehun

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 08:46 PM

That's been his goal for the last two months. It was expected.