PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen Played Secret White House Concert for Obama Staffers

Cigar
01-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Bruce Springsteen Played Secret White House Concert for Obama Staffers

Bruce Springsteen staged a secret acoustic concert at the White House January 12th to reward President Barack Obama's staff for their hard work over the past eight years, Backstreets revealed Wednesday.

The 15-song set took place in front of approximately 250 staffers in the White House's East Room, where two months earlier Springsteen was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

The set list for the unique performance leaned towards the singer's more political works, and Springsteen frequently discussed politics and Obama's impact between each song.

Before "Born in the U.S.A.," Springsteen called the 1984 hit single a "protest song" and lamented that the track had been misinterpreted in the past, and it would continue to be misinterpreted in the future, Backstreets reports. He also played a triptych of "home" songs, "My Hometown," "My Father's House" and "Long Walk Home."

Springsteen also dedicated "Tougher Than the Rest," which also featured Patti Scialfa, to the Obamas for all they endured during their time in the White House. The concert concluded with the one-two punch of "Dancing in the Dark" and the optimistic "Land of Hope and Dreams."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/springsteen-played-secret-white-house-gig-for-obama-staff-w461748?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=011917_11

I wonder if The Cheeto-Elect was invited? :huh:

jimmyz
01-19-2017, 04:28 PM
1984 called. They want their Springsteen back. The Relevance Committee said okay.

AZ Jim
01-19-2017, 04:48 PM
1984 called. They want their Springsteen back. The Relevance Committee said okay.Trump wanted him but was turned down!

Bo-4
01-19-2017, 04:50 PM
THAT is cool .. and in the meantime Trumpkins will enjoy Lee Greenwood and Tony Orlando!

:cool:

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 04:51 PM

How exciting. This is huge news.

Bo-4
01-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Trump wanted him but was turned down!

Hell Jim, not only The Boss turned Dumpster down, the Springsteen TRIBUTE band turned him down!

:)

maineman
01-19-2017, 05:27 PM

How exciting. This is huge news.

huge enough for you to feel compelled to weigh in.

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 05:40 PM
huge enough for you to feel compelled to weigh in.

No. I don't care one iota about it.