PDA

View Full Version : Trump's early executive actions could undo Obama policies

Common
01-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Republican President-elect Donald Trump is expected to take executive action shortly after being sworn into office on Friday to advance key priorities and reverse some policies of outgoing Democratic President Barack Obama.
Some of Trump's first executive orders will likely undo some of the more than 275 orders signed by Obama during his eight years in the White House. Here is a look at some of the actions Trump may take.
IMMIGRATION
rump's advisors have recommended he take several steps to limit immigration into the United States within his first days in office, according to several people close to the presidential transition team.
Trump will likely seek to undo an Obama executive order known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) that allowed people brought into the United States illegally as children to stay in the country on a two-year authorization to work and attend college. Trump would likely let the authorizations given to more than 700,000 people under DACA expire rather than immediately retract them or target such individuals for deportation, the sources said.
GUANTANAMO BAY
One of Obama's first moves as president in 2009 after winning his first four-year term was signing three executive orders to begin closing the detention facility on the U.S. Navy base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and curtail "enhanced interrogation techniques," including waterboarding.
Trump said shortly after his election that "we are keeping open" the detention facility and "gonna load it up with some bad dudes," making rescinding Obama's actions on the closure of the facility a likelihood.
The detention facility began housing detainees identified as foreign terrorism suspects in 2002 under Republican President George W. Bush in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States by al Qaeda Islamic militants.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-orders-factbox-idUSKBN1532YJ

exotix
01-19-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm sure this is what it takes to Make America Great Again.

Private Pickle
01-19-2017, 07:02 PM
What's the word from Caitlyn?

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Trump's early executive actions could undo Obama policies
I believe that's the point. They will undo certain Obama policies, not just could undo.

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 07:06 PM

For possibly the first time ever, yiu may be right.

NapRover
01-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Trump's early executive actions could undo Obama policies

I believe that's the point. They will undo certain Obama policies, not just could undo.
I bet he has a phone and a real nice pen.

Cigar
01-19-2017, 07:19 PM
You guys spend your waking hours worried about a good Black Man who crushed your beliefs. Anything Don Cheeto undoes, won't undo a Black Community Organizer crush your beliefs, Twice Back-2-Black.

Anything that Morons does, won't undo anything President Obama has done, because you will always remember that ass kicking. The one who will get hurt are American Citizen of all types.

:grin: But President Barack Obama will always be The 44th President of The United States and that will hurt the racist for every.

Cheers :embarrassed:

resister
01-19-2017, 07:24 PM
You guys spend your waking hours worried about a good Black Man who crushed your beliefs. Anything Don Cheeto undoes, won't undo a Black Community Organizer crush your beliefs, Twice Back-2-Black.

Anything that Morons does, won't undo anything President Obama has done, because you will always remember that ass kicking. The one who will get hurt are American Citizen of all types.

:grin: But President Barack Obama will always be The 44th President of The United States and that will hurt the racist for every.

Cheers :embarrassed:Your white, queen bee of corruption lost her ass, you should rejoice, you will love America under President Donald John Trump !!!! :grin:

Tahuyaman
01-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Cigar is even a lame race baiter. He's run out of new material.

KathyS
01-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Republican President-elect Donald Trump is expected to take executive action shortly after being sworn into office on Friday to advance key priorities and reverse some policies of outgoing Democratic President Barack Obama.
Some of Trump's first executive orders will likely undo some of the more than 275 orders signed by Obama during his eight years in the White House. Here is a look at some of the actions Trump may take.
IMMIGRATION
rump's advisors have recommended he take several steps to limit immigration into the United States within his first days in office, according to several people close to the presidential transition team.
Trump will likely seek to undo an Obama executive order known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) that allowed people brought into the United States illegally as children to stay in the country on a two-year authorization to work and attend college. Trump would likely let the authorizations given to more than 700,000 people under DACA expire rather than immediately retract them or target such individuals for deportation, the sources said.
GUANTANAMO BAY
One of Obama's first moves as president in 2009 after winning his first four-year term was signing three executive orders to begin closing the detention facility on the U.S. Navy base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and curtail "enhanced interrogation techniques," including waterboarding.
Trump said shortly after his election that "we are keeping open" the detention facility and "gonna load it up with some bad dudes," making rescinding Obama's actions on the closure of the facility a likelihood.
The detention facility began housing detainees identified as foreign terrorism suspects in 2002 under Republican President George W. Bush in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States by al Qaeda Islamic militants.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-orders-factbox-idUSKBN1532YJ
I'm a strong advocate of securing our borders however, I do feel careful consideration should be given to young people brought across as children. If I remember correctly, Obama's DACA capped the age at 35, which is ridiculous, IMO. And allowing their adult relatives remain isn't sending the right message.
If the person is in college, trade school, or working as an apprentice in a trade, perhaps allowing them an economical and expedited path to citizenship would be appropriate. Of course, some type of proof that they are doing one of the 3 would be required, but I don't think it's right to send them back to a country they don't remember. OTOH, round up and send the criminals and welfare recipients (not the sick and elderly) back to their country of origin.
I like Trump's idea of withholding federal funds from sanctuary cities too.

Bo-4
01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
MODS - Please merge in his earlier Rant ^^^

Don
01-19-2017, 07:40 PM

You're the one that's so worried that you flood the board with 40 or 50 Trump is a booger threads everyday.

HoneyBadger
01-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Anything that Morons does, won't undo anything President Obama has done, because you will always remember that ass kicking.

The real ass kicking occurred in November with the complete repudiation of 8 years of Barack.

KathyS
01-19-2017, 07:47 PM

When Obama visited Austin for the first time, I went to see him along with two liberal friends. I don't vote party, I vote for the person, so I was curious about Obama and the enthusiasm so many people felt toward his candidacy. Waited four hours and was excited when he finally went to the podium to speak. And his speech was empty, totally empty. Hope and change, yes. But not what he would do to help Americans and lead the country. Just hope and change. I left the event disappointed but enlightened.
After 8 years of this administration telling folks that don't agree with them they are racists, this election illustrates we are fed up with that stuff. It's not going to fly any longer, no matter how much the left wants to continue hateful rhetoric.

resister
01-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Can someone inform Cigar, he is not African American?

Cigar
01-19-2017, 08:05 PM
The real ass kicking occurred in November with the complete repudiation of 8 years of Barack.

Really, I remember 1450 pluss days and will remember them forever ... and so will you :grin:

Common
01-19-2017, 08:53 PM
You guys spend your waking hours worried about a good Black Man who crushed your beliefs. Anything Don Cheeto undoes, won't undo a Black Community Organizer crush your beliefs, Twice Back-2-Black. Anything that Morons does, won't undo anything President Obama has done, because you will always remember that ass kicking. The one who will get hurt are American Citizen of all types. :grin: But President Barack Obama will always be The 44th President of The United States and that will hurt the racist for every. Cheers :embarrassed:

No its YOU that spends every minute of everyday posting race shit constantly. Most of what we post is in direct response to you constant horseshit. Youve gotten a pass for your race ranting since the day you got here from the. That doesnt mean the rest of us isnt going to respond just as "STUPIDLY to your stupid shit. You reap what you sow stop whining and take it like a man.

I think obama was the biggest pos president of my lifetime, if you want to construe that statment as predicated on his race. GO FOR IT, but I have no need to explain my motivations to you.

Cigar
01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
No chico is YOU that spends every minute of everyday posting race $#@! constantly. Most of what we post is in direct response to you constant horse$#@!.

Youve gotten a pass for your race ranting since the day you got here from the. That doesnt mean the rest of us isnt going to respond just as "STUPIDLY to your stupid $#@!.

You reap what you sow

But I ain't worry about anyone Legacy :grin: like you are