PDA

View Full Version : The hypocrisy of a feminist march banning pro-life women

Chris
01-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Shouldn't the march be about women, all women?

The hypocrisy of a feminist march banning pro-life women (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-hypocrisy-of-a-feminist-march-banning-pro-life-women/article/2612288)

On Saturday, thousands of women plan to descend on Washington, D.C., to show how passionate they are about women's rights and overcoming sexism. But a woman like me won't be allowed to march with them.

I'm one of those women who believes in rights for everyone — including children.

While I don't identify as a modern-day feminist, I have a long history of advocating for women and children. I agree women deserve equal pay for equal work, that promotions should be based on talent and hard work rather than gender or skin color, and that society must hold people accountable for treating women as objects rather than people (although how I hold society accountable is significantly different than the feminist group organizing the march). I'm one of the 79 percent of women who've dealt with workplace sexual harassment at least once over the last 15 years of my career and I applaud the efforts of anyone who works in a peaceful and dignified manner to root out sexism and violence against women.

From what I've read in various articles, the march was organized, and described by the Atlantic, as a gathering "which makes room for women with diverse convictions, including a moral opposition to abortion." That lasted all of a few seconds, until other feminists took to Twitter to condemn organizers for allowing pro-life women from New Wave Feminists to take part.

Cigar
01-20-2017, 09:33 AM
I can't speak for Women

Adelaide
01-20-2017, 09:41 AM
All women should be welcome regardless of what their view is on abortion. The point of the pro-choice movement is that every woman gets to choose. If some women choose to be pro-life, then that is their choice.

Cigar
01-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Are Pro-Choice Women welcomed in The Republican Party

Adelaide
01-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Abortion and reproductive rights are not the only thing women care about. Thus, pro-choice women can be Republican and be welcomed into the party. Believe it or not, we can think about more than just our uterus.

Chris
01-20-2017, 09:51 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/pro-choice-republicans/

So while pro-lifers may reject, Republicans do not. Nice tu quoque though!

Cigar
01-20-2017, 09:56 AM
Abortion and reproductive rights are not the only thing women care about. Thus, pro-choice women can be Republican and be welcomed into the party. Believe it or not, we can think about more than just our uterus.

I know plenty of Women who Vote Democrat but themselves chose to be Pro-Life ... but they don't dictate what other Women should do.

Like Bombing Clinics and Murdering Doctors

Common Sense
01-20-2017, 09:58 AM
All women should be welcome regardless of what their view is on abortion. The point of the pro-choice movement is that every woman gets to choose. If some women choose to be pro-life, then that is their choice.

However, those women want to take away those other women's right to choose.

I'd wager those feminists don't see those who want to take away reproductive rights of women as feminists.

Adelaide
01-20-2017, 10:00 AM

I'd wager those feminists don't see those who want to take away reproductive rights of women as feminists.

Feminism comes in all forms. One type holds that motherhood is the ultimate experience for women and the most empowering role a woman can have... they are more likely to be pro-life, obviously.

donttread
01-20-2017, 10:18 AM

The hypocrisy of a feminist march banning pro-life women (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-hypocrisy-of-a-feminist-march-banning-pro-life-women/article/2612288)

Tolerance is the original one way street and te fisrt casuality of "progress"

AeonPax
01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
I can't speak for Women
`
Join the club.

Common
01-20-2017, 10:28 AM

Of course not liberal men and women vilify anyone who doesnt agree with them. Hence the Mediocre Negroe comments and the Uncle Tom references etc

Chris
01-20-2017, 10:30 AM

And these pro-life women are concerned with the equal right of the unborn to life. Should we have the right to choose that?

MisterVeritis
01-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Sure.

ripmeister
01-20-2017, 10:50 AM

And this is the point. Think what you want and I'll accept that until you try and take away my rights. Having said that I know plenty of women who are anti-abortion but for them its a personal matter and they believe all women should be able to make that choice. The ardent anti-abortionists though are a different matter.

Tahuyaman
01-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Leftists must be of a single mind. No disagreement is tolerated.

patrickt
01-21-2017, 07:53 AM
Liberals love blacks, gays, women, and the handicapped as long as they're liberals and dependent on the government. Free them and the liberals hate them.

NapRover
01-21-2017, 08:44 AM
And this is the point. Think what you want and I'll accept that until you try and take away my rights. Having said that I know plenty of women who are anti-abortion but for them its a personal matter and they believe all women should be able to make that choice. The ardent anti-abortionists though are a different matter.

Once civilization progresses to the point where we realize that unborn children are human beings, it will be more reasonable to accept that we don't have the right to dismember them and toss them in the dumpster. We're closer to fixing it today than we were yesterday.

Adelaide
01-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Leftists must be of a single mind. No disagreement is tolerated.

Liberals love blacks, gays, women, and the handicapped as long as they're liberals and dependent on the government. Free them and the liberals hate them.
Come on... that doesn't apply to every liberal anymore than saying every conservative is a racist or something. Generalizations are rarely accurate.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Come on... that doesn't apply to every liberal anymore than saying every conservative is a racist or something. Generalizations are rarely accurate.

You can't deny that the left silences those who do not completely toe the party line.

Chris
01-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Who chooses for the unborn lives?

Chris
01-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Women's March Erects a Pro-Life Barrier (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/21/womens_march_erects_a_pro-life_barrier_132860.html)

...Many of us are in search of a new feminism, one that values women’s unique and different contribution to the human experience, in particular our awesome potential to bear new life. We are turned off by a culture that seems perfectly comfortable with the sexual exploitation of women -- often billed in the name of empowerment, be it the drive to legalize prostitution from left-wing feminists or the suggestion that we are only equal to our husbands if our earning power is the same and our division of labor in the home is identical.

Many of us can see that abortion has helped to facilitate a world where men can use women for sex while freeing themselves of the consequences. Or as Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen put it over 20 years ago, “By making the birth of the child the physical choice of the mother, the sexual revolution has made marriage and child support a social choice of the father.”

So while the Women’s March may proudly tout its anticipated 200,000 participants, organizers are stuck with the reality that their event is tainted by the same exclusivity and elitism that helped produce an electoral rebuke of those very values. If the organizers want to see a real force to be reckoned with, they should return to the National Mall a week later, when thousands and thousands of young people, a huge swath of them women, will be marching too.

As for this woman, you won’t find me anywhere near the Women’s March, but you will find me among the ranks with Ms. Conway, proudly marching for life.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2017, 11:33 PM

obviously on the national level, abortion is the single issue which defines the modern women's movement. You can't deny this.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Who chooses for the unborn lives?

That question will not be addressed or answered in an intelligent manner.

donttread
01-22-2017, 06:09 AM

True Adelaide and a much needed voice of reason. On the other hand next to the word hypocrisy in the dictonary IS a picture of the modern day American political system . No one can deny now that partisians cheered the same things, the same very actions from 2000-2008 that they jeered from 2009-2016 and vice versa. We must be a world laughing stock when viewed through that lens.

donttread
01-22-2017, 06:11 AM
obviously on the national level, abortion is the single issue which defines the modern women's movement. You can't deny this.

Well at least in this case what was meant when they said "women" was of course "women who think exactly like we do"