PDA

View Full Version : Edward Snowden has the fingerprints of a foreign spy

Common
01-22-2017, 11:21 AM
This is a different perspective of Snowden with some other facts presented.
Ill let you read it and decide.

Edward Snowden has been embraced as a hero and a whistleblower. He’s been the subject of adoring front-page profiles, an Oscar-award winning documentary, a big-budget Hollywood movie and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
However, investigative journalist Edward Jay Epstein argues in a new book that Snowden is not a national treasure; on the contrary, he has all of the fingerprints of a foreign spy.
In “How America Lost Its Secrets: Edward Snowden, the Man and the Theft (https://www.amazon.com/How-America-Lost-Its-Secrets/dp/0451494563?tag=nypost-20),” Epstein contends that the sheer number of documents that Snowden stole — 1.5 million in total, according to the most recent House Intelligence Committee report — calls into question Snowden’s self-professed altruism.
“If Snowden had only exposed the NSA telephone program, he would be a hero to me,” Epstein says. But the damage caused by Snowden has been so far-reaching that it may have enabled Russia to commit cyber attacks that swayed the 2016 election.
Among the classified materials that Snowden stole are the so-called “keys to the kingdom”: documents that reveal the full extent of the US’s foreign intelligence capabilities, as well as military and nuclear secrets. In the hands of a foreign adversary like Russia, these documents provide a road map to our clandestine overseas activities and expose holes in our network of protection, making our national cyber security more vulnerable.

Epstein says it would be “by far the biggest intelligence coup under Putin’s reign.”

To be clear, Epstein does not believe that Snowden started stealing secrets with the intention of handing them over to the Kremlin. As a libertarian, who was prominent in the WikiLeaks hacktivist community, Snowden initially set out to expose the NSA for collecting phone records of US citizens, under a program authorized by President George W. Bush after 9/11.
“Snowden was correct, in my opinion, in describing the threat of a surveillance state and the loss of privacy as a legitimate public concern,” Epstein writes.
By March 2013, Snowden made a decision that indicates his intentions, and perhaps his allegiances, had shifted. He left his job as a system administrator at Dell, where he first began copying government files, for a lower-paying position at Booz Allen Hamilton that provided him with a deeper level of access.
Snowden “deliberately went to Booz Allen to get access to the ‘lists’ revealing the NSA’s sources in foreign countries,” Epstein writes in his book. What he wanted to do with these lists, which he did not turn over to journalists, remains a mystery. (Epstein flew to Moscow and attempted an interview, but was unable to sit down with Snowden.)
Regardless, Snowden’s decision to switch jobs for the purpose of collecting more restricted documents is typical of what the CIA describes as “expanding penetration,” also known as spy behavior. From his post at Booz Allen, Snowden obtained highly classified “Level 3” materials that outlined exactly how the US government has gathered foreign intelligence, information that Russia has been trying to obtain since 1952, Epstein writes.
As far as Epstein is concerned, Snowden has taken a side. He’s had asylum in Moscow since July 31, 2013, after flying there from Hong Kong where he filmed the HBO documentary “Citizenfour.” Epstein believes that Putin would have exacted a price for his protection — in the form of the very same government secrets that Snowden stole.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/21/edward-snowden-has-the-fingerprints-of-a-foreign-spy/

valley ranch
01-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Well, I'm glad he told us they were looking down our necks, the bastards were watching us like we were the enemy. Snowden did us a favor at a terrible cost to himself.

Obama and hillobeans want to kill him because he showed us what they were doing. President Trump has not said he would pardon him, just the other way around. He should take another look at this, I think.

Mini Me
01-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Some validity to this! Putin was going to extract whatever he could out of Snowden!

Is Snowden the new Deep Throat?

Common
01-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Putin isnt keeping him there out of the goodness of his heart, he does nothing for that reason

AZ Jim
01-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm glad he told us they were looking down our necks, the bastards were watching us like we were the enemy. Snowden did us a favor at a terrible cost to himself.

Obama and hillobeans want to kill him because he showed us what they were doing. President Trump has not said he would pardon him, just the other way around. He should take another look at this, I think.Did even read the article? The domestic spying is small potatoes to the damage done.