PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs is Dead.

she who must be obayed
10-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Unlike other people I did not like Steve Jobs, he stole Jobs from America only to help the Chinese become a bigger economic power than us. Good riddence.

Conley
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
His labor practices were questionable, but then again how many of us are typing on computers that don't have any connection to China? I think it is kind of hard in this day and age to avoid China in electronics. If you are really upset by it I would blame the pols more than the businessmen. We have seen what happens when the pols decide to not allow business with a country (Cuba).

she who must be obayed
10-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Interesting reply, my involvment with Apple goes all the way back to its beggining.
Personally I and many others believed at the time that Apple was just a flash in the pan.
He was a good sales man. But he did leave one thing. And what is that?.
The way he put out so much technoligy he left behind a trail of expensive out of date tech, in plain english high tech trash.
Ever heard of a VCR not one was ever produced in the USA. Even though we desigened it. China, The lose of tech manufacturing jobs goes way back before China got involved.

wingrider
10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
dear steve

thanks for the iphone.

RIP

jgreer
10-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Apple has a lot of their products made at FOXCONN.

It's a Chinese company that has a terrible track record of employee saftey and an even worse history of many employee suicides. So let's not pretend Jobs was an angel and Apple was some great company.

MMC
10-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Did he take care of his people in the US? If So, then he did what he needed to do. I've never heard any say he didnt take care of his people here at home.

Well we all heard the Day the Music Died.....but whoever thought we would see the day Jobs would die. Is it prophecy? Is it live or Memorex? >:D

Conley
10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
:D

Eh, the guy was ok. He was a great businessman. Maybe not the greatest person. Had a daughter he denied for many years I believe, even claimed he was sterile (he had four kids with his wife). I don't really care it's private business but the hero worship when someone dies gets a little extreme.

Mr. Wonderful
10-08-2011, 10:58 PM

It's a Chinese company that has a terrible track record of employee saftey and an even worse history of many employee suicides. So let's not pretend Jobs was an angel and Apple was some great company.

It's called Capitalism son. Survival of the fittest. Go hard or go home.

This fella here created jobs in America plus value for the shareholders, and now you're telling me a few Chinese got offed in the process?

I'd give him a big gold star!

jgreer
10-09-2011, 06:19 PM

This fella here created jobs in America plus value for the shareholders, and now you're telling me a few Chinese got offed in the process?

That's not cool.

We don't allow things like this on our forum.

wingrider
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM

That's not cool.

we don't??? since when?

jgreer
10-09-2011, 06:31 PM

That's not cool.

we don't??? since when?

So you are fine with cheering death?

Conley
10-09-2011, 06:34 PM

That's not cool.

:D

Ok, thanks for letting us know chief.

::)

Elibe
10-09-2011, 06:49 PM

That's not cool.

we don't??? since when?

So you are fine with cheering death?

every loss of life is sad

no one should be happy over suicides or workplace accidents

Conley
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I haven't seen anyone celebrating that.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
wow this took a bizarre turn...

Conley
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM

:D you say that as if it is unexpected!

Mister D
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM

:D you say that as if it is unexpected!

Good point.

jgreer
10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
It is strange when people celebrate death behind the anonymity of the internet. It makes my skin crawl to think of it.