PDA

View Full Version : The MSM Elephant in the room

Evmetro
01-25-2017, 02:06 PM
When I watch MSM news programs, all of the reporting on Trump is negative. I get that the MSM is a lefty industry, and I get that they are bitter that the horse that they had in the race lost, but what do they really have to gain here by only doing negative coverage? The "elephant in the room" that I put in the title of this thread is in regard to the number of people who did in fact support Trump by electing him. We were able to see through the MSM efforts to politically assassinate Trump with their powerful platform during the campaign season, so what makes them think we can't see through them now? We know that there is a war going on between the media and Trump, and we can see that the MSM is being deceptive by only reporting negatively. It would seem that they are setting themselves up to get a black eye by forgetting that there are enough people who can see through their deception to have put Trump into office.

Common
01-25-2017, 02:56 PM
The negative and false news has so diminished the mainstream media that every poll indicates that majority of america do not trust what they tell them.
All the cable news channel ratings are low except for one. Liberal newspapers are going down the toilet. The NY times just announced another layoff and downsizing of their news dept, thats the 3rd one. People have had to turn to blogs to get the truth, they report what the main stream media does not.

The misrepresentations of trump by the media, the vicious attacks on him his son and his wife by the progressive left is going to hurt them in the long run.

Evmetro
01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
There is still a significant number of people who believe what the MSM is pumping out all the time, and this is actually a group of people who almost had enough power to put Hillary into the white house. From what I have observed, this group of people limits what media they take in to what the MSM puts out.

Tahuyaman
01-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Why would anyone expect anything else?

Captain Obvious
01-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Journalism is dead.

It's the responsibility now of the receptors of information and on too grand a scale do people just say "hell, that's what I want to hear so I'm running with it".

Both conservatives and liberals are guilty of it.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2017, 12:54 AM
There are objective sources of news out there, but you need to go find them. They aren't part of the so called mainstream. The mainstream media calls these sources fringe media.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2017, 12:55 AM
Journalism is dead.

It's the responsibility now of the receptors of information and on too grand a scale do people just say "hell, that's what I want to hear so I'm running with it".

Both conservatives and liberals are guilty of it.

Many people want to experience the echo chamber effect.