PDA

View Full Version : Warning: How angry are you?

Adelaide
01-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Things have been pretty heated, so I am wondering how angry everyone is about the current state of things in the US. Even supporters of Trump seem to be enraged a lot of the time. I have stopped bothering to check the news because it's always negative.

Personally, I am just irritated with the way most people talk, including those on Facebook (which I have also stopped checking). I want the administration to do their job and for everyone else to just stop nitpicking every since thing. Generally, I don't actually care too much at this point.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 09:48 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QzsEvJa0L._SY300_.jpg (http://likesuccess.com/1581301)

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 09:50 AM
My wife shredded some of her FB friends because of all of the political negativity there anymore. She's not a political person but leans conservative.

I'm not... angry or frustrated about the political scene, I'm hopeful but cautious and skeptical.

I am a little frustrated and a little mockingly amused at the complete classless meltdown displayed from the left, and a little concerned that they will sabotage the process, even violently at some point.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Things have been pretty heated, so I am wondering how angry everyone is about the current state of things in the US. Even supporters of Trump seem to be enraged a lot of the time. I have stopped bothering to check the news because it's always negative.

Personally, I am just irritated with the way most people talk, including those on Facebook (which I have also stopped checking). I want the administration to do their job and for everyone else to just stop nitpicking every since thing. Generally, I don't actually care too much at this point.

Wierdly, even though they "won," trump supporters seem ESPECIALLY angry.

I find that fascinating.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 09:53 AM
And, the left will gladly project/portray me as an angry white guy, it's all part of the playbook.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 09:54 AM

I find that fascinating.

That's the part I don't get ... I think they're yearning to be Loved, but they're getting the same treatment they gave President Obama and it's bothering them that they get what they gave.

Chris
There's been a paradigm shift in politics, I think, and it's interesting watching people trying to figure it out.

People are so tied to Rep v Dem and Trump is neither and both and something else.

Cigar
And, the left will gladly project/portray me as an angry white guy, it's all part of the playbook.

Actually I don't loose any sleep over it. :laugh:

Adelaide
01-26-2017, 09:55 AM
My wife shredded some of her FB friends because of all of the political negativity there anymore. She's not a political person but leans conservative.

I'm not... angry or frustrated about the political scene, I'm hopeful but cautious and skeptical.

I am a little frustrated and a little mockingly amused at the complete classless meltdown displayed from the left, and a little concerned that they will sabotage the process, even violently at some point.

I love the hypocrisy on Facebook, though. I have a friend, term used loosely, who unfriended my brother because he was posting anti-religion stuff (mostly funny) and she said she just couldn't deal with all of the hate so she had to unfriend him. Week later, she wrote that she hoped Trump got shot. I'm like, seriously? Canadians in general had gone a little wacky with the election results. I get tired of reading it. It isn't like we can change the results.

Chris
01-26-2017, 09:55 AM

I find that fascinating.

That's the part I don't get ... I think they're yearning to be Loved, but they're getting the same treatment they gave President Obama and it's bothering them that they get what they gave.

Two shining examples of people stuck in the old paradigm.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 09:56 AM
There's been a paradigm shift in politics, I think, and it's interesting watching people trying to figure it out.

People are so tied to Rep v Dem and Trump is neither and both and something else.

He's an Idiot and people will see the difference between a some who Will think before acting and someone who Can't Think before Tweeting.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Two shining examples of people stuck in the old paradigm.

I'm too Old to change what word for me ... :grin:

That's why I'm not Angry

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:08 AM
I love the hypocrisy on Facebook, though. I have a friend, term used loosely, who unfriended my brother because he was posting anti-religion stuff (mostly funny) and she said she just couldn't deal with all of the hate so she had to unfriend him. Week later, she wrote that she hoped Trump got shot. I'm like, seriously? Canadians in general had gone a little wacky with the election results. I get tired of reading it. It isn't like we can change the results.

People on political forums tend to be... well, lean toward being more politically informed. All things considered of course, but people on FB are just regular people who cling to flavor-of-the-day issues.

It's a big reason I hit the eject button on my FB account, it got real old real fast.

It's dishonest in a sense, if that makes sense. Fake, phony.

That and I got tired of people trying to show me and everyone else what a wonderful life they live.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM

That's why I'm not Angry

Including your grammar skillz

Scrounger
01-26-2017, 10:13 AM

I voted enraged. This election was horrific. We had two Democrats to choose from and both represent a NEW WORLD ORDER / One World Government. Even Rupert Murdoch, a Council on Foreign Relations bigwig, endorsed the Stump... I mean Trump.

Maybe I had to vote for Trump due to his stance on the Second Amendment and he couldn't do any worse than Hitlery on the Supreme Court nominations, but I am not on board with much of Trump's platform.

Americans loathe the concept of Freedom and Liberty, so I am enraged. I can't help but wonder how the Ds and the Rs; conservative and liberals; left and right all want a government so big and powerful that the people will not have a say in it, from this point forward... like Hitlery and Trump were the best this country could offer us for a Commander in Chief.

Adelaide
01-26-2017, 10:15 AM
People on political forums tend to be... well, lean toward being more politically informed. All things considered of course, but people on FB are just regular people who cling to flavor-of-the-day issues.

It's a big reason I hit the eject button on my FB account, it got real old real fast.

It's dishonest in a sense, if that makes sense. Fake, phony.

That and I got tired of people trying to show me and everyone else what a wonderful life they live.

I usually only post a handful of things. People don't need to know more about my life than I want them to - and I don't want them to know much.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:15 AM
I'll tell you what I'm actually angry about, those fucking Cheatriots are in the Superbowl again.

I hope Tom Brady gets the clap this week.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
I usually only post a handful of things. People don't need to know more about my life than I want them to - and I don't want them to know much.

It was... a nice tool to keep in touch with a handful of people I wanted to keep in touch with but the rest of the package kind of sucked. I didn't keep in touch with most of those people for a reason, why start back now?

Texting works fine now.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 10:18 AM

Oh My God, FB is the F'cking Worse ... a good friend, or so we thought was a good friend, who is a Trump Supporter, really showed what he really thinks of Black People and Liberals. This is a Man we've partied with for several years in Napa Valley. He's owns one of the largest liquor distribution business in the US and he's, believe it or not, a Music Producer for many of our favorite Smooth Jazz Musicians ... who many are Black.

This dumb sh!t let his personal racist and political feelings on the internet cost his clients and himself business contacts and friends to stay away from him. I don't feel sorry for him at all ... Racist my nature are fools and idiots, and now is views are costing him Millions ... over a F'cking Election.

resister
01-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Including your grammar skillz
Grammar ain't no motherfucking game :grin:

Chris
01-26-2017, 10:21 AM
He's an Idiot and people will see the difference between a some who Will think before acting and someone who Can't Think before Tweeting.

He could well be whatever, but the political paradigm has shifted and many are stuck in the past.

Chris
01-26-2017, 10:23 AM

That's why I'm not Angry

Lost in a time warp, eh? :)

Peter1469
01-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Not angry. I know my candidates have no chance of winning.

Safety
01-26-2017, 10:28 AM

You don't think the posts you make, that only you have control over making, is what portrays that image?

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:30 AM
You don't think the posts you make, that only you have control over making, is what portrays that image?

Perception is a two-way street and if you cherry pick parts of my complex personality (not that I'm more complex than anyone else, we all are to a degree) and ignore the others...

...no

Chris
01-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Angry white guy...

https://i.snag.gy/g1aj5S.jpg

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Angry white guy...

https://i.snag.gy/g1aj5S.jpg

I don't know what he was so angry about, his on-stage wife was a total horny milf cougar.

FindersKeepers
01-26-2017, 10:40 AM

It's like they're taking the political opinions of others as personal insults. Where did that come from?

One young woman who's in a same-sex marriage posted that she wanted to know who among her Facebook friends voted for Trump so she could unfriend them. She somehow associated a Trump voter with someone who thought she didn't have a right to marry her wife. She couldn't fathom, I guess, that someone could have voted for Trump and STILL supported her right to marry the person of her choice.

Chris
01-26-2017, 10:41 AM
I don't know what he was so angry about, his on-stage wife was a total horny milf cougar.

About himself and his failed football career.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 10:50 AM
About himself and his failed football career.

Polk High 6 TD pass record?

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 10:54 AM

Yep. We seem to be in uncharted territory and that creates fear in the minds of some including myself. Some who become fearful then lash out. Its human nature.

Chris
01-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Yep. We seem to be in uncharted territory and that creates fear in the minds of some including myself. Some who become fearful then lash out. Its human nature.

Fear and anger and etc, and it is human nature, outside the forum, and on it.

Hopefully things will settle down.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 10:57 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic too.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 11:03 AM
It was... a nice tool to keep in touch with a handful of people I wanted to keep in touch with but the rest of the package kind of sucked. I didn't keep in touch with most of those people for a reason, why start back now?

Texting works fine now.
I finished part of my profile 5 or 6 years ago. Haven't been back since.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 11:03 AM
I voted enraged. This election was horrific. We had two Democrats to choose from and both represent a NEW WORLD ORDER / One World Government. Even Rupert Murdoch, a Council on Foreign Relations bigwig, endorsed the Stump... I mean Trump.

Maybe I had to vote for Trump due to his stance on the Second Amendment and he couldn't do any worse than Hitlery on the Supreme Court nominations, but I am not on board with much of Trump's platform.

Americans loathe the concept of Freedom and Liberty, so I am enraged. I can't help but wonder how the Ds and the Rs; conservative and liberals; left and right all want a government so big and powerful that the people will not have a say in it, from this point forward... like Hitlery and Trump were the best this country could offer us for a Commander in Chief.

This is pretty much were I was with things. How can a country with our size and diversity have such limited choices? Was this really the best we could do? I fear that the political game has become so toxic and dysfunctional that any competent, sane person wouldn't even consider entering the fray. Its sad really.

AZ Jim
01-26-2017, 11:05 AM
I am not angry but had your poll been about degrees of disgust, I would have rang the bell.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 11:08 AM
He could well be whatever, but the political paradigm has shifted and many are stuck in the past.
You are right about but I would argue that because the paradigm has shifted doesn't mean you have to accept it or normalize it. That's not being stuck in the past, that's viewing the new paradigm as a problem in the minds of some.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 11:09 AM
You are right about but I would argue that because the paradigm has shifted doesn't mean you have to accept it or normalize it. That's not being stuck in the past, that's viewing the new paradigm as a problem in the minds of some.

Or it could be an issue with some who don't respect the political desires of those who caused change.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Or it could be an issue with some who don't respect the political desires of those who caused change.

Of course, but you make it sound like that's a problem. I should be able to not respect your political desires. I see no problem with that, that's what political discourse is all about. I should be able to respect you and your right to your opinion but not respect your opinion in and of itself if I don't agree with it. I see nothing wrong with that. The dynamic today for many, including many in DC is that they simply don't seem to respect the person on the other side as an end in itself.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Of course, but you make it sound like that's a problem. I should be able to not respect your political desires. I see no problem with that, that's what political discourse is all about. I should be able to respect you and your right to your opinion but not respect your opinion in and of itself if I don't agree with it. I see nothing wrong with that. The dynamic today for many, including many in DC is that they simply don't seem to respect the person on the other side as an end in itself.

Fair point but let me extend my comment to "not respecting the individual" rather than their political position.

And maybe that's a big part of the issue, we see people hating on other people for their politics.

MisterVeritis
01-26-2017, 11:22 AM
This is pretty much were I was with things. How can a country with our size and diversity have such limited choices? Was this really the best we could do? I fear that the political game has become so toxic and dysfunctional that any competent, sane person wouldn't even consider entering the fray. Its sad really.
Our choices were not limited. Granted, the Left chose Hillary for a coronation. The middle-right had way too many candidates for way too long.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Fair point but let me extend my comment to "not respecting the individual" rather than their political position.

And maybe that's a big part of the issue, we see people hating on other people for their politics.

Nailed it. Said better than I put it. We are agreed.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Our choices were not limited. Granted, the Left chose Hillary for a coronation. The middle-right had way too many candidates for way too long.

That's a fair point. My contention was directed more at the choice between the final four, Trump, Clinton, Johnson and Stein.

Chris
01-26-2017, 11:35 AM

But you do have to see it first. Then decide what position to take on it. The dozens of tu quoque arguments we see everyday indicate people haven't seen the sea change yet.

Chris
01-26-2017, 11:36 AM

The old you're wrong therefore there must be something wrong with you.

Cletus
01-26-2017, 11:54 AM

I am more amused than angry.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:22 PM
Americans should be angry. They're made to live under a political system that pits them against each other and stops them from realizing their political destiny. And it will always be that way as long as Americans are forced to live under an ill-conceived and authoritarian political union.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:24 PM

I find that fascinating.

Considering the behavior of their political opposition in response to that victory, such anger is entirely reasonable.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:29 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic too.

I'm extremely optimistic about things like science and technology. Politically speaking, there is little reason for optimism. The US "union" is once again trending towards some kind of instability or even dissolution. I have no idea why anyone thinks this broken system can work anymore. There are simply too many factions with irreconcilable differences for a political union to be viable or sustainable.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:36 PM
The country's size is a big reason why our system is so dysfunctional. And this was something the founding fathers debated early on, i.e., large versus small republics.

The so-called "anti-federalists" believed that genuine republics had to remain small, whereas the so-called "federalists" said they could become large as long as the overarching political system remained decentralized enough to account for the underlying cultural diversity that a large country would engender. That is why the theory of the US government is federalist in nature, because the state and local governments were supposed to retain the majority of their sovereignty. However, like all centralized governments throughout history, it trended towards further consolidation of its own power and wealth. Eventually, it gets to a point where the central government has so much power and so much wealth that control of said government becomes a high-stakes game for mastery over the system. This gives rise to factionalism, which the anti-federalists predicted would happen. And that's where America's "union" has been since the very beginning of the constitution.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 01:41 PM
I'm extremely optimistic about things like science and technology. Politically speaking, there is little reason for optimism. The US "union" is once again trending towards some kind of instability or even dissolution. I have no idea why anyone thinks this broken system can work anymore. There are simply too many factions with irreconcilable differences for a political union to be viable or sustainable.

Better watch out for the science thing. As far as I can tell Trump is anti-science.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Our choices were not limited.

Of course they were. The system is exclusionary by its nature and tends to constrain who may participate and who gets heard. The ONLY reason why Trump was able to break through that system is because he's already a popular billionaire. The fact that a large plurality of eligible voters (about 92 million) abstained from voting proves that our choices are extremely limited and farcical.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 01:43 PM
The country's size is a big reason why our system is so dysfunctional. And this was something the founding fathers debated early on, i.e., large versus small republics.

The so-called "anti-federalists" believed that genuine republics had to remain small, whereas the so-called "federalists" said they could become large as long as the overarching political system remained decentralized enough to account for the underlying cultural diversity that a large country would engender. That is why the theory of the US government is federalist in nature, because the state and local governments were supposed to retain the majority of their sovereignty. However, like all centralized governments throughout history, it trended towards further consolidation of its own power and wealth. Eventually, it gets to a point where the central government has so much power and so much wealth that control of said government becomes a high-stakes game for mastery over the system. This gives rise to factionalism, which the anti-federalists predicted would happen. And that's where America's "union" has been since the very beginning of the constitution.
Interesting take. I'll have to think about this.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Interesting take. I'll have to think about this.

It's actually kind of eerie how prescient the "anti-federalists" were in their warnings and their misgivings about the constitution. Just as one example, consider the following excerpt:

THE DEBATES IN THE CONVENTION OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, ON THE ADOPTION OF THE FEDERAL CONSTITUTION (http://www.constitution.org/rc/rat_ny.htm#msmith01)

...The great easily form associations; the poor and middling class form them with difficulty. If the elections be by plurality, — as probably will be the case in this state, — it is almost certain none but the great will be chosen, for they easily unite their interests: the common people will divide, and their divisions will be promoted by the others. There will be scarcely a chance of their uniting in any other but some great man, unless in some popular demagogue, who will probably be destitute of principle. A substantial yeoman, of sense and discernment, will hardly ever be chosen. From these remarks, it appears that the government will fall into the hands of the few and the great. This will be a government of oppression...

Does that sound familiar to you?

Mister D
01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Better watch out for the science thing. As far as I can tell Trump is anti-science.
No one is "anti-science". It's a buzzword for GW propagandists and almost always appears in that context.

AeonPax
01-26-2017, 01:56 PM
`
`
Angry about the election? Not at all.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 01:57 PM

It's in this context that the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 appears to have been a conscious attempt to fracture the US population to such an extent that only a centralized power can manage our competing interests.

Chris
01-26-2017, 02:05 PM
It's in this context that the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 appears to have been a conscious attempt to fracture the US population to such an extent that only a centralized power can manage our competing interests.

One might say that about the Constitution where much recognition is given to the People over the States. It was even contentious during debate and ratification of the Articles of Confederation, but the radicals won out, for a time, before conservatives won out in the long run and centralized the government. (Radicals back then wanted decentralized democracy, and conservative a centralized authority. See Merrill Jensen, The Articales of Confederation.))

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Perhaps, but I've always believed we were fractured from the very beginning and that the US Constitution was an ill-fated attempt at political consolidation and national unity.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
I chose "very angry," but that's mostly because I use anger as fuel and channel it into motivation. But I'd say Ifeel angry about what's going on, and so far I don't see that changing with the new boss.

Cigar
01-26-2017, 02:35 PM
I chose "very angry," but that's mostly because I use anger as fuel and channel it into motivation. But I'd say Ifeel angry about what's going on, and so far I don't see that changing with the new boss.

That's because no one looks at him as a Leader or a Boss ... he's an occupant until cooler heads prevail

Mister D
01-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Perhaps, but I've always believed we were fractured from the very beginning and that the US Constitution was an ill-fated attempt at political consolidation and national unity.
Prior to the drastic demographic changes over the last 30 years one could refer to an American people (i.e. a people sharing a common sense of history and destiny as well as biology to certain extent). That is no longer possible. I think it's also the historic American people and their sense of who they were that represented the greatest obstacle to Leviathan. A friend said recently that "they didn't win the war of ideas...they just replaced the people".

Cigar
01-26-2017, 02:46 PM
Prior to the drastic demographic changes over the last 30 years one could refer to an American people (i.e. a people sharing a common sense of history and destiny as well as biology to certain extent). That is no longer possible. I think it's also the historic American people and their sense of who they were that represented the greatest obstacle to Leviathan. A friend said recently that "they didn't win the war of ideas...they just replaced the people".

F'ck Your History ... and Good Riddance to your biology.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/405/991/2b9.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/405991-monty-python)

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't see how that view of American identity can be reconciled with our history. William has noted that the American revolution could be characterized as an English civil war. But even if we place that incident in a separate basket, so to speak, and concentrate exclusively on the unique American period of history, there are still any number of conspiracies, rebellions, and wars that evince deep divisions from the earliest periods. Even prior to the so-called "civil war" there were incidents that stopped just short of widespread civil strife, i.e., the whiskey rebellion, the electoral dispute of 1800, the Burr conspiracy, the nullification crisis, etc. One could argue that perhaps a more unified identity began to cohere after the north's victory over the south, but I believe that to be entirely chimerical. Rather, it was a temporary suppression that was bound to manifest itself in various ways, some of which we can witness today.

Chris
01-26-2017, 03:14 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/405/991/2b9.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/405991-monty-python)

TBed for trolling.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 03:41 PM
I don't see how that view of American identity can be reconciled with our history. William has noted that the American revolution could be characterized as an English civil war. But even if we place that incident in a separate basket, so to speak, and concentrate exclusively on the unique American period of history, there are still any number of conspiracies, rebellions, and wars that evince deep divisions from the earliest periods. Even prior to the so-called "civil war" there were incidents that stopped just short of widespread civil strife, i.e., the whiskey rebellion, the electoral dispute of 1800, the Burr conspiracy, the nullification crisis, etc. One could argue that perhaps a more unified identity began to cohere after the north's victory over the south, but I believe that to be entirely chimerical. Rather, it was a temporary suppression that was bound to manifest itself in various ways, some of which we can witness today.
No doubt there was conflict. I'm not suggesting there was always peace and a harmony of interests. Of course not. We're a quintessentially liberal country so competing interests at the very basis of society is a norm and, better still, is perceived as a desirable one. That said, I don't think one can deny that there existed a much deeper sense of American nationality and political tradition in the recent past that has been slowly but surely diluted by immigration and the propaganda created to support it. Over 13% of the current population is foreign born. In 1930, it was around 12% and it elicited a strong reaction from the American people who saw a clear and present danger in that fact despite the European origin of the vast majority of immigrants. The reactions of Americans of all classes was overwhelmingly negative. Immigration was severely curtailed in the 1920s. The same concerns were expressed in 1965 but the American people were lied to.

I don't understand this self-destructive tendency among contemporary libertarians. Men like Murray Rothbard understood what I'm talking about and warned us about what mass immigration meant for American political traditions particularly libertarianism, small gubmint etc. It means death. You aren't going to fight tyranny on the basis of abstract principles. Without a shared sense of destiny and without a sense of nationhood (i.e. one territorialized, historic and lived) there is no liberty worth defending.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 04:03 PM
No doubt there was conflict. I'm not suggesting there was always peace and a harmony of interests. Of course not. We're a quintessentially liberal country so competing interests at the very basis of society is a norm and, better still, is perceived as a desirable one. That said, I don't think one can deny that there existed a much deeper sense of American nationality and political tradition in the recent past that has been slowly but surely diluted by immigration and the propaganda created to support it. Over 13% of the current population is foreign born. In 1930, it was around 12% and it elicited a strong reaction from the American people who saw a clear and present danger in that fact despite the European origin of the vast majority of immigrants. The reactions of Americans of all classes was overwhelmingly negative. Immigration was severely curtailed in the 1920s. The same concerns were expressed in 1965 but the American people were lied to.

I don't understand this self-destructive tendency among contemporary libertarians. Men like Murray Rothbard understood what I'm talking about and warned us about what mass immigration meant for American political traditions particularly libertarianism, small gubmint etc. It means death. You aren't going to fight tyranny on the basis of abstract principles. Without a shared sense of destiny and without a sense of nationhood (i.e. one territorialized, historic and lived) there is no liberty worth defending.
The libertarian ambivalence towards "mass immigration" can be explained by their general ambivalence towards the national borders that immigrants are thought to be violating.

In other words, many libertarians see them as "national" borders only in a nominal sense. The real national borders are much more localized and can be defined with reference to meaningful social and cultural factors. This implies that immigration policy should be decided, not at the abstract "national" level, but at the much more organic and meaningful local level. Just as one example of how that might work in practice, the Swiss immigration system places a great deal of emphasis on local consent. In other words, if the community you're living in does not like you and does not want you to become a citizen, your path towards Swiss citizenship becomes decidedly more difficult. And this was the case throughout early American history. There were no federal immigration agencies, so assimilation and the like were left up the discretion of local communities. In this way, I believe libertarians tend to have a much more conservative view on immigration than they're typically credited with. For them, the emphasis on "national" borders is just another way of abstracting community and promoting centralized government.

Common Sense
01-26-2017, 04:05 PM
In regards to the OP, I'm not angry at all. I'm just disappointed in people.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2017, 04:09 PM

I find that fascinating.

Right there is the reason the Democrats have lost ground over the last eight years. They have overplayed this fraudulent "angry white male" meme and its come back to bite them in their ass. As long as they continue on that path, which it looks they will, they are going to continue to marginalize themselves.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2017, 04:11 PM

The liberals act as though they threw bouquets of roses at the feet of Bush during his two terms.

decedent
01-26-2017, 04:37 PM

What's the American biology?

Do you think America was founded on the principles of Hobbes?

Common Sense
01-26-2017, 04:41 PM

White folks...

Ravens Fan
01-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Overall, I would say that I am pretty happy. Hillary was put away to pasture, and those who thought they could pigeon-hole all who disagreed with her as lesser Americans were put in their collective places. Personally, my life has taken a turn for the (extremely) better that almost lines up perfectly with the election, Although there is no direct connection, I am optimistic that improvements to the economy will do nothing but help with that as well.

As for the general attitude on here and in the country, politically, I find it a bit disturbing. I am fine with people disagreeing with who was voted President, but the loudest and crudest are really destroying the image non-democrats have of that party. I also think that the well deserved rubbing in faces routine has run it's course, and the right should settle down to getting things done, with their new majorities.

I am most disappointed with the press though. Well, maybe not disappointed so much as fed up. The press should be watching all of our leaders like hawks, to keep them in line. But the way they are going after the new President is ridiculous, IMO. If they would stop trying to control the narrative and just report facts, maybe America could move past this and come together... at least as much as possible.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 04:59 PM

I know I shouldn't bother, it's a waste of time but Safety

decedent
01-26-2017, 05:00 PM
White folks...

White nationalism makes me angry, and I never got angry discussing politics until Trump came on the scene... along with his surprisingly racist following.

There's a thread where Trump supporters are complaining about federal aid going to Palestine while completely ignoring the fact that much more goes to Israel. It's all about race but none of them would ever admit it.

I doubt that Romney or McCain would have had an inauguration followed by the biggest protest in history.

Safety
01-26-2017, 05:11 PM
I know I shouldn't bother, it's a waste of time but Safety

He was tb'd, which was the right action.

texan
01-26-2017, 06:39 PM

I find that fascinating.

Hilarious! Yeah it's the Trump people that are unhinged!

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Hilarious! Yeah it's the Trump people that are unhinged!

I forgive you.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:07 PM
White folks...

Yes, this country understood itself as European until very recently. So did your own, BTW. But, yes, it was a pretty stupid question.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:08 PM

I have no idea what that means. Do you?

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:09 PM
White nationalism makes me angry, and I never got angry discussing politics until Trump came on the scene... along with his surprisingly racist following.

There's a thread where Trump supporters are complaining about federal aid going to Palestine while completely ignoring the fact that much more goes to Israel. It's all about race but none of them would ever admit it.

I doubt that Romney or McCain would have had an inauguration followed by the biggest protest in history.

Your anger explains why you can't respond rationally.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:10 PM
In regards to the OP, I'm not angry at all. I'm just disappointed in people.
You're also Canadian.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:30 PM
The libertarian ambivalence towards "mass immigration" can be explained by their general ambivalence towards the national borders that immigrants are thought to be violating.

In other words, many libertarians see them as "national" borders only in a nominal sense. The real national borders are much more localized and can be defined with reference to meaningful social and cultural factors. This implies that immigration policy should be decided, not at the abstract "national" level, but at the much more organic and meaningful local level. Just as one example of how that might work in practice, the Swiss immigration system places a great deal of emphasis on local consent. In other words, if the community you're living in does not like you and does not want you to become a citizen, your path towards Swiss citizenship becomes decidedly more difficult. And this was the case throughout early American history. There were no federal immigration agencies, so assimilation and the like were left up the discretion of local communities. In this way, I believe libertarians tend to have a much more conservative view on immigration than they're typically credited with. For them, the emphasis on "national" borders is just another way of abstracting community and promoting centralized government.
It's an ambivalence that has made their philosophy irrelevant. Mind you, that says nothing about libertarian doctrine itself save for its lack of appeal to particular (and growing) demographic groups.

As you know, I tend to agree with you about the artificiality of the modern nation state. We also tend to agree on decentralization but I think there comes a time when these ideas become too abstract. They become purely theoretical and intellectualized instead of political. What is it that I am fighting for? What is the point of all this? This is the sort of problem I have with Alain de Benoist and where I tend to agree with his right wing critics. The whole point of GRECE (his 'think tank') is to defend European identity. It's one thing to promote regionalism and localism among your own and in your own territory. It's quite another to suggest that that territory does not exist and that everyone is welcome to carve out their own separate communities wherever they may be.

Take the Swiss, for example. Would you agree that being Swiss means something in and of itself? That is, it extends beyond the Canton or locality? If the US had such a system we would not have experienced any of the demographics changes we have experienced in the last 40 years. None of them. I like the Swiss system.

Let a thousand flowers bloom but each in its own pot.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Yes, this country understood itself as European until very recently. So did your own, BTW. But, yes, it was a pretty stupid question.

This country has never been a European country. Originally, most came here to escape the church of England and the crown.

And obviously, the indigenous people weren't European in any way.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:34 PM
You're also Canadian.

Do you have a problem with that?

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Do you have a problem with that?
What would you do about it if I did? Nothing. Hey, I didn't receive that check yet. My grammar lessons aren't free, Dayton.

Anyway, he's not an American so saying he is disappointed in people in the US is...well kind of silly.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:43 PM
What would you do about it if I did? Nothing. Hey, I didn't receive that check yet. My grammar lessons aren't free, Dayton.

Anyway, he's not an American so saying he is disappointed in people in the US is...well kind of silly.

Gosh, he is welcome to post here and demands respectful treatment per the rules of this forum.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:44 PM
This country has never been a European country. Originally, most came here to escape the church of England and the crown.

It wasn't a European country in the sense that it's on the European continent. Thanks for pointing that out. lol

Indigenous people weren't Americans and certainly weren't thought of as Americans.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Gosh, he is welcome to post here and demands respectful treatment per the rules of this forum.
Report me.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:47 PM
It wasn't a European country in the sense that it's on the European continent. Thanks for pointing that out. lol

Indigenous people weren't Americans and certainly weren't thought of as Americans.

Are you about to unleash that rap about how everything good emerged from the magnificent Germanic tradition that you and ethereal love so much?

Sieg heil!

Mister D
01-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Are you about to unleash that rap about how everything good emerged from the magnificent Germanic tradition that you and ethereal love so much?

Sieg heil!

I've never said anything about Germanic traditions, Dayton, and no one said what you claim. You are one of our more dishonest members. Shameful.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 07:55 PM

Sieg heil!

Whines about the forum rules, proceeds to associate me with Nazism for no reason.

Does hypocrisy come naturally to you, or did you have to practice at it?

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:57 PM
I've never said anything about Germanic traditions, Dayton, and no one said what you claim. You are one of our more dishonest members. Shameful.

You are unenlightened.

resister
01-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Whines about the forum rules, proceeds to associate me with Nazism for no reason.

Bo 4 said I confirmed, inherent racism, yesterday for saying"winner winner, give me a fried chicken dinner" Evidently, saying "fried chicken" confirms racism :rollseyes:

Bethere
01-26-2017, 07:59 PM

Do you deny making the case that most historical advances for good came courtesy of the Germanic tradition, rather than say, Islam?

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:00 PM
You are unenlightened.
I am your superior. You bore me now, Dayton.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:01 PM
I am your superior. You bore me now, Dayton.

Lol.

You are averaging perhaps 8 points per post. I am averaging around 35.

Our peers have spoken.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:02 PM

That sort of reply just makes me think he's dumb.

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Lol.

Our peers have spoken.
lol

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:05 PM
lol

Good times!

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Do you deny making the case that most historical advances for good came courtesy of the Germanic tradition, rather than say, Islam?
Of course I deny it. All I said was that the most prosperous countries (as measured by their real GDP per capita) tend to come from a Germanic background. That is a simple statement of fact that can be verified easily.

But let's assume that I did say that. How does that equate to Nazism?

Chris
01-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Lol.

Our peers have spoken.

Points, you're counting?

Chris
01-26-2017, 08:09 PM
Of course I deny it. All I said was that the most prosperous countries (as measured by their real GDP per capita) tend to come from a Germanic background. That is a simple statement of fact that can be verified easily.

You're thinking reasonably. Abandon that, think like a modern liberal.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Points, you're counting?

No, they keep a handy running count for us under our avatars.

How are you doing?

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 08:11 PM
You're thinking reasonably. Abandon that, think like a modern liberal.

oxymoron

resister
01-26-2017, 08:19 PM
No, they keep a handy running count for us under our avatars.

How are you doing?
Actually never cared to look.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:20 PM
lol
Seriously. Is this what really happens when you get old?

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Seriously. Is this what really happens when you get old?

Is there something wrong with being elderly?

Well, hey. It's four on one. Get a couple more of your friends in attack mode to make the odds more fair and I'll be back.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:23 PM

You should know by now that our progressives (almost all of them) cannot respond rationally on matters of race.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Is there something wrong with being elderly?
Only when you count "points "on a message board. Loser. :laugh:

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Lol.

Our peers have spoken.
You get points just for making posts and starting threads. A better indication of how our peers view our posts is the amount of thanks you receive.

You've received 1,852 thanks in 7,118 posts, which is about a 26% approval rating from your peers.

Mister D received 21,674 thanks out of 72,474 posts, which is about a 30% approval rating from his peers.

I'm also pretty sure that Mister D's membership on this forum precedes the introduction of the thanks feature, which means many of his posts couldn't even be thanked when he originally made them.

In other words, Mister D is kicking your ass.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:25 PM

Other than the indigenous all of the original settlers were European by some form or another.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:26 PM
You get points just for making posts and starting threads. A better indication of how our peers view our posts is the amount of thanks you receive.

You've received 1,852 thanks in 7,118 posts, which is about a 26% approval rating from your peers.

Mister D received 21,674 thanks out of 72,474 posts, which is about a 30% approval rating from his peers.

I'm also pretty sure that Mister D's membership on this forum precedes the introduction of the thanks feature, which means many of his posts couldn't even be thanked when he originally made them.

You'll destroy the old man's self-esteem!

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Other than the indigenous all of the original settlers were European by some form or another.
I mean...duh

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:27 PM

Nazi!

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:27 PM

Sieg heil!
I think you have him confused with me. I'm the Germanophile, Mister D is a Francophile (or was it Anglophile?).

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM

So says the guy averaging around 15 points per post.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
I think you have him confused with me. I'm the Germanophile, @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) is a Francophile (or was it Anglophile?).
That reminds me. When's our next secret Nazi meeting? I've got to take my brown shirt to the cleaners.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:29 PM
I think you have him confused with me. I'm the Germanophile, @Mister D (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=4) is a Francophile (or was it Anglophile?).
Francophile, monsieur.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:29 PM
So says the guy averaging around 15 points per post.
Points are largely meaningless in terms of how our peers perceive us. A far more accurate indication is the ratio of thanks to posts. And in that regard, I'm absolutely crushing you.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:30 PM
You'll destroy the old man's self-esteem!

I'm not an old man. I just believe the elderly deserve our respect rather than having their social security and medicare threatened.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Francophile, monsieur.
The French also belong to the Germanic family tree.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Points are largely meaningless in terms of how our peers perceive us. A far more accurate indication is the ratio of thanks to posts. And in that regard, I'm absolutely crushing you.

On the contrary, this forum has a well used reputation system.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:33 PM

Under that criteria I'm kicking both of their asses, I have a 51% approval rating :tongue:

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Nazi!

Well, I do own a copy of Mein Kampf :tongue:

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:34 PM
The French also belong to the Germanic family tree.
Lots of Latin mixed in there though.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:35 PM
That reminds me. When's our next secret Nazi meeting? I've got to take my brown shirt to the cleaners.

April 20, mein Führer Hitler's birthday, of course!

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:36 PM
I already explained this to you. You get points just for making posts and starting threads. That has absolutely nothing to do with how your peers perceive you. The best indication of how our peers perceive our posts is in the amount of thanks they give us. And in that regard, I am wiping the floor with you.

Private Pickle

Yeah but from a ratio of thanks to posts he is crushing you...

Ethereal
Under that criteria I'm kicking both of their asses, I have a 51% approval rating :tongue:
56% here.

Bow before your new Fuhrer of posts!

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 08:37 PM
I already explained this to you. You get points just for making posts and starting threads. That has absolutely nothing to do with how your peers perceive you. The best indication of how our peers perceive our posts is in the amount of thanks they give us. And in that regard, I am wiping the floor with you.

My peers hate me.... Although I do tend to take exception with them when I disagree so there is that...

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Francophile, monsieur.

That's what I thought. I'm going to be starting a thread on Gaulism sometime this weekend if you're interested. Figured now's a good time, since Le Pen's chief opposition in the French elections this year is a Gaulist.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:38 PM
No doubt. The Roman influence cannot be discounted. I tend to think that France's more absolutist form of monarchy (as compared to the more limited forms of monarchy in northern Europe) has a lot to do with Roman influence.

Bethere
01-26-2017, 08:38 PM

It really hurts your feelings, doesn't it?

Find some more friends. When you get it up to a 10:1 advantage look me up.

You guys as it is aren't competitive.

Bethere has spoken.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Sadly, that's probably a crushing blow to him.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:40 PM
April 20, mein Führer Hitler's birthday, of course!
Excellent. Just remember to bring the polish for our jack boots.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 08:40 PM
56% here.

Bow before your new Fuhrer of posts!
What's your birthday? Maybe we should reschedule the super-secret Nazi meeting :tongue:

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 08:41 PM

Latin is a Classical language.

French is a Romance language.

Ethereal
My peers hate me.... Although I do tend to take exception with them when I disagree so there is that...
At least you're beating Bethere... :cool2:

Private Pickle
Excellent. Just remember to bring the polish for our jack boots.
Shit? Is that black or brown these days???

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 08:42 PM
At least you're beating Bethere... :cool2:
That's like beating Corky at Ping Pong.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:44 PM
It really hurts your feelings, doesn't it?

Find some more friends. When you get it up to a 10:1 advantage look me up.

You guys as it is aren't competitive.

Bethere has spoken.
Why would it hurt my feelings? I'm destroying you in the metric that matters the most. For some reason, you cannot grasp the simple fact that the points system is not a good indication of how your peers feel about you because it's effected by your own activities, i.e., number of posts made, number of threads started, etc.

So just to reiterate.

You're getting about 26% of your posts thanked by other members, whereas I'm getting about 56%.

Just in case you're wondering, 56% is much bigger than 26%.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:44 PM
No doubt. The Roman influence cannot be discounted. I tend to think that France's more absolutist form of monarchy (as compared to the more limited forms of monarchy in northern Europe) has a lot to do with Roman influence.
I agree. It almost certainly does. I don't think it's even in dispute that a revival of interest in the Classical world and a rather slavish devotion to Classical ideals (or an early modern perception of Classical ideals) led to changes in Medieval political and social philosophy.

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 08:45 PM
We should all "Bob" out and just start thanking everyone and go all Chris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnvTwRBrgc

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Latin is a Classical language.

French is a Romance language.
I meant Latin in terms of race.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:48 PM
That's what I thought. I'm going to be starting a thread on Gaulism sometime this weekend if you're interested. Figured now's a good time, since Le Pen's chief opposition in the French elections this year is a Gaulist.

Dude, we are in desperate need of interesting topics and good discussion. By all means, sir.

donttread
01-26-2017, 08:48 PM

I'm very angry. We have allowed the Donkephant free reign to steal us blind while usurping state's and individual rights for way too long. What's worse we've done so with barely a whimper.
I compartmentalize that anger by venting on these boards and to some informed people I know. So in "real life" I'm a funny, happy go lucky, glass is half way filled with water kind of guy. You folks are my therapy in a way and I thank you for that. I know people who are negative and ngry all the time and can't stand to be around them. But my online alter ego can deal ith them

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Sadly, that's probably a crushing blow to him.
Indeed. But that won't stop him clinging desperately to his beloved points. I'm sure he's ordering a plaque right now.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Indeed. But that won't stop him clinging desperately to his beloved points. I'm sure he's ordering a plaque right now.
He's also getting a trophy for taking on 5 people at the same time.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:50 PM
What's your birthday? Maybe we should reschedule the super-secret Nazi meeting :tongue:
I'll have my underlings talk to your underlings and we'll work something out.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:51 PM
$#@!? Is that black or brown these days???
Brown shirts and black boots. You really need to keep abreast of these issues, otherwise your membership in the secret Nazi club cannot be assured.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Wants to talk about peer approval, ignores thanks.

I believe this calls for some LAWLZ

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
I meant Latin in terms of race.

You shoulda just said the Romans then!!! I totally watched that series on HBO called "Rome" and it was AWESOME so I know a lot about Latin.

Chris
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
We should all "Bob" out and just start thanking everyone and go all Chris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnvTwRBrgc

I get paid big bucks here but thanks are always nice.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fc/91/f0/fc91f0f5afff70143c25f0fd8816360c.jpg

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:02 PM
You shoulda just said the Romans then!!! I totally watched that series on HBO called "Rome" and it was AWESOME so I know a lot about Latin.
Was it good? I haven't had HBO since I bought a house in 2011.

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Brown shirts and black boots. You really need to keep abreast of these issues, otherwise your membership in the secret Nazi club cannot be assured.

F!!! Errrr....I like blood sausage? (I really don't, tried it in Garmisch and almost puked).

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 09:03 PM

It's amazing. You would love it.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:04 PM
It's amazing. You would love it.
Hmmm...maybe I'll check it out online.

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:05 PM
F!!! Errrr....I like blood sausage? (I really don't, tried it in Garmisch and almost puked).
It's fn black. That's a red flag right there.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 09:07 PM
Hmmm...maybe I'll check it out online.
It's available on Amazon Prime if you have that.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Wow. I'm just piling up the thanks in this thread while Bethere sobs in the corner.

Good times!

Captain Obvious
01-26-2017, 09:10 PM
This thread is fucking awesome

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 09:13 PM

Actually the series 'Rome' is my favorite HBO outing with a close second being 'Band of Brothers'.

'Rome' is set during the Caesar - Pompey timeframe and the change from Rome being a Republic to an Empire.

During it's short two year stint (it was too expensive to continue because they actually recreated ancient Rome) It follows Caesar's rise to power, ultimate downfall and resulting conflicts between Octavian (Caesar's heir) and Marc Antony (sp?).

But one of the cooler aspects are two of the main characters, primarily based on fiction but mentioned in Caesar's journals are two combatants during Julius' campaign: Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pulo. Both of which were mentioned in Julius' journals as notable.

They have their own side story...mostly fiction but loosely based on fact and all of it combined makes for an incredible series.

Peter1469
01-26-2017, 09:16 PM
It was a very good series.

Actually the series 'Rome' is my favorite HBO outing with a close second being 'Band of Brothers'.

'Rome' is set during the Caesar - Pompey timeframe and the change from Rome being a Republic to an Empire.

During it's short two year stint (it was too expensive to continue because they actually recreated ancient Rome) It follows Caesar's rise to power, ultimate downfall and resulting conflicts between Octavian (Caesar's heir) and Marc Antony (sp?).

But one of the cooler aspects are two of the main characters, primarily based on fiction but mentioned in Caesar's journals are two combatants during Julius' campaign: Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pulo. Both of which were mentioned in Julius' journals as notable.

They have their own side story...mostly fiction but loosely based on fact and all of it combined makes for an incredible series.

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Bethere learns of Ethereal's power level for the first time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZVUAGpJ4w

del
01-26-2017, 09:21 PM

and you only need ~700 more thanks to be tied with me (on a percentage basis)

good times!

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:21 PM

:laugh:

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:26 PM

good times!

Pssst...he doesn't care del. He's mocking people who do. You know, guys like you and bethere. :laugh:

Private Pickle
01-26-2017, 09:27 PM
It's fn black. That's a red flag right there.

Dude...the smell...I was supposed to be an outreach to the German's and ended up gagging on oozing dead, bleeding round schlong....

del
Pssst...he doesn't care del. He's mocking people who do. You know, guys like you and bethere. :laugh:
one post is mocking

i'll leave you to figure out the math on your own

resister
Pssst...he doesn't care del. He's mocking people who do. You know, guys like you and bethere. :laugh:Can I validate :grin:myself by the opinion of complete strangers on the internet?

Ethereal
01-26-2017, 09:29 PM

good times!

Ethereal and Del square off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JksNyk4uAFw

Sometimes a high power level just isn't enough... :wink:

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:30 PM
one post is mocking

It's all mockery, del. :laugh: After a few days in the hole you just couldn't wait rush in and embarrass yourself.

Green Arrow
01-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Anyway, this has been fun, but I need to head over to WoW so I can pretend the enemies I'm beating the shit out of are stupid ass customers that wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

resister
01-26-2017, 09:31 PM

good times!
Do infractions and 3 day bans, add "cool" points?

Mister D
01-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Can I validate :grin:myself by the opinion of complete strangers on the internet?
No way. The secure people spend all their time insulting complete strangers. :wink:

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 09:54 PM

But don't you think the current day ancestors of those 1930's immigrants are now fully Americanized for lack of a better word.

ripmeister
01-26-2017, 10:02 PM

I'm not sure your point about Europeans is accurate. Sure, the immigrants of past times were white Europeans but many of those groups were looked at with disdain as the "other". The Irish for example.

Safety
01-26-2017, 10:22 PM
one post is mocking

Careful, wouldn't want them to accuse you of ganging up or anything....

resister
01-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Careful, wouldn't want them to accuse you of ganging up or anything....Woof Woof, circle the wagons....LOL

Chris
01-26-2017, 11:00 PM

Sieg heil!

Stop goading people.

silvereyes
01-27-2017, 01:59 AM
Can I validate :grin:myself by the opinion of complete strangers on the internet?

No way. The secure people spend all their time insulting complete strangers. :wink:

Woof Woof, circle the wagons....LOL

You are whining about what again?

resister
01-27-2017, 02:03 AM
Carry on, I said GOOD day!!!:wink:

resister
01-27-2017, 02:04 AM
WTF are you reffering to? Carry on !

silvereyes
01-27-2017, 02:04 AM
That's what I thought.

silvereyes
01-27-2017, 02:05 AM
WTF are you reffering to? Carry on !

I'm hopeful that you can figure it out.

(I bet Safety already did.)

resister
01-27-2017, 02:05 AM
Circle the wagons, silver eyes to the rescue Da DAA duhh daaa !!!!

silvereyes
01-27-2017, 02:07 AM
Circle the wagons, silver eyes to the rescue Da DAA duhh daaa !!!!

Some gall ya got there AFTER you and d doing yalls shit.

Hypocrite on!

resister
01-27-2017, 02:09 AM
Some gall ya got there AFTER you and d doing yalls shit.

Hypocrite on!Musk oxen, horns out ass in, young'uns in tha middle . Da duhh daaa duhhhh