PDA

View Full Version : IIs It Possible....

patrickt
10-25-2012, 08:49 AM
for the media in the U.S. such as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, AP, NYT, and others to regain a reputation as professional journalists. I don't think so. I think they've dug themselves a hole they can't get out of. They have made themselves a partisan group and I don't think they can leave the stain behind. They might not want to. Being active leftists might be more rewarding for them than being journalists.

Chris
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
They have to turn against themselves, which is unlikely, and the media outlets and viewing public, into selling sensationalism, won't buy it.

Mainecoons
10-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Selling sensationalism is quite different than espousing one, leftist, point of view and clumsily trying to camoflague it as "news."

All journalists love sensationalism. Leftist journalists believe it is OK to prostitute the news to reflect only their personal point of view.

IGetItAlready
10-25-2012, 09:04 AM
for the media in the U.S. such as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, AP, NYT, and others to regain a reputation as professional journalists. I don't think so. I think they've dug themselves a hole they can't get out of. They have made themselves a partisan group and I don't think they can leave the stain behind. They might not want to. Being active leftists might be more rewarding for them than being journalists.

The MSM is through.
They've showed us what motivates and influences their willingness to do the job they're charged with and they'll NEVER recover. Their ratings are in the can and NO ONE has any faith in them anymore. Even Obama supporters know that if they want to hear what the MSM so carefully neglects to report on they need to go to Fox or foreign sources on the interwebs.
Another Obama term and watch for federal bailouts for some with more open warfare against others.

Chris
10-25-2012, 09:08 AM
That's true, but in a way journalists picking sides and attacking politicians and each other creates a sort of sensationalism.

The problem is that animosity hides the facts there's really little difference between the two sides.

Cigar
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM

Sure ... all they have to do is agree with Republicans.

Problem solved :)

garyo
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Troll alert, please don't feed the troll.

IGetItAlready
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Sure ... all they have to do is agree with Republicans.

Problem solved :)

If things were only that simple.
Even the droniest of Obama drones recognizes what the MSM has done for this president and they'll expect things to go back to normal once Romney's elected. However that will never happen as the emperor has no clothes and we're all now aware he's packin' a stubby.

Cigar
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Troll alert, please don't feed the troll.

Get back under skirt :)

Cigar
10-25-2012, 09:24 AM
If things were only that simple.
Even the droniest of Obama drones recognizes what the MSM has done for this president and they'll expect things to go back to normal once Romney's elected. However that will never happen as the emperor has no clothes and we're all now aware he's packin' a stubby.

Girth isn't enough? :)

Canadianeye
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM

I suppose anything is possible with the maligant state of affairs regarding the current media lap dogs. For instance, once the old MSM is officially placed into 2nd position of relevancy, via the elderly populace being gone, what is left is a populace that is more politically aware from the internet 1st position of relevancy.

This event will reset the balance, simply because the television MSM has a massive numbers lead, which won't/can't translate into the internet. The Right can build just as many right leaning internet sites/blogs/political punditry sources as the left can....which is a clear gain for the Right (given the current situation), and a balance of media.

The rising in prominance of the new internet MSM has already been forcing the old MSM out of their tactic of NOT reporting stories when it doesn't fit their leftist agenda, and that can only increase in freqency.

We are approaching a transitional phase regarding the MSM as the dominant information source for the populaces, and given how the current populace has nothing but contempt and distrust (on all sides of every single aisle) for the current MSM, the game is going to naturally change.

Just playing devils advocate here, btw. :wink: It is going to take a helluva long time and grassroots changing at the educational level, ideologically, to really get the media back to what they are supposed to be.

patrickt
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
If Cigar ever made an honest post he might understand. Won't happen though. But, he is manly.

oceanloverOH
10-25-2012, 10:56 AM

It will be interesting to see what today's journalists end up doing for a living when Romney is president.