PDA

View Full Version : How the right wing lost in 2012

Cigar
10-25-2012, 09:30 AM
The right wing has lost the election of 2012.

The evidence for this is overwhelming, yet it is the year’s best-kept secret. Mitt Romney would not be throwing virtually all of his past positions overboard if he thought the nation were ready to endorse the full-throated conservatism he embraced to win the Republican nomination.

If conservatism were winning, does anyone doubt that Romney would be running as a conservative? Yet unlike Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater, Romney is offering an echo, not a choice. His strategy at the end is to try to sneak into the White House on a chorus of me-too’s.

The right is going along because its partisans know Romney has no other option. This, too, is an acknowledgment of defeat, a recognition that the grand ideological experiment heralded by the rise of the tea party has gained no traction. It also means that conservatives don’t believe that Romney really believes the moderate mush he’s putting forward now. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if the conservatives are forgiving Romney because they think he is lying, what should the rest of us think?

Almost all of the analysis of Romney’s highly public burning of the right’s catechism focuses on such tactical issues as whether his betrayal of principle will help him win over middle-of-the-road women and carry Ohio. What should engage us more is that a movement that won the 2010 elections with a bang is trying to triumph just two years later on the basis of a whimper.

more:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ej-dionne-the-tea-partys-drubbing-in-2012/2012/10/24/185416ea-1e0e-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions

garyo
10-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Troll alert, please don't feed the troll

coolwalker
10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Tú eres el más tonto de mierda para oscurecer este foro y tan lleno de odio hacia los blancos que usted me hace vomitar.

garyo
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
He is a racist dumb shit.

Cigar
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
He is a racist dumb shit.

Since Rules don't apply to you and you have moderation in your pocket ... we'll forgo the pleasantries to members.

Fuck You Pussy

garyo
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Troll alert, please don't feed the troll

Chris
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Back to topic, please, or not at all.

bladimz
10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
The right wing has lost the election of 2012.

The evidence for this is overwhelming, yet it is the year’s best-kept secret. Mitt Romney would not be throwing virtually all of his past positions overboard if he thought the nation were ready to endorse the full-throated conservatism he embraced to win the Republican nomination.

If conservatism were winning, does anyone doubt that Romney would be running as a conservative? Yet unlike Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater, Romney is offering an echo, not a choice. His strategy at the end is to try to sneak into the White House on a chorus of me-too’s.

The right is going along because its partisans know Romney has no other option. This, too, is an acknowledgment of defeat, a recognition that the grand ideological experiment heralded by the rise of the tea party has gained no traction. It also means that conservatives don’t believe that Romney really believes the moderate mush he’s putting forward now. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if the conservatives are forgiving Romney because they think he is lying, what should the rest of us think?

Almost all of the analysis of Romney’s highly public burning of the right’s catechism focuses on such tactical issues as whether his betrayal of principle will help him win over middle-of-the-road women and carry Ohio. What should engage us more is that a movement that won the 2010 elections with a bang is trying to triumph just two years later on the basis of a whimper.

more:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ej-dionne-the-tea-partys-drubbing-in-2012/2012/10/24/185416ea-1e0e-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinionsThis Romney Campaign is one of the most vague and foggy right-wing campaigns in recent memory. By now, most people should have a clear idea of what kind of conservative he is: light-weight, middle-weight, or heavy-weight. From the conservatives i've talked to, each one pretty much gives a different answer. This, i think, could be his un-doing. But not necessarily. We'll see.

Chris
10-26-2012, 10:48 AM
This Romney Campaign is one of the most vague and foggy right-wing campaigns in recent memory. By now, most people should have a clear idea of what kind of conservative he is: light-weight, middle-weight, or heavy-weight. From the conservatives i've talked to, each one pretty much gives a different answer. This, i think, could be his un-doing. But not necessarily. We'll see.

I think that's true, of Romney, and of Obama. But I think in the final struggle to capture the center, Romney won and Obama lost.