PDA

View Full Version : The religion euphemism: masking anti constitution ideology with religion

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 12:11 PM
It is amazing to watch lefties protect anti American ideology by calling it a religion. It is even creepier, considering how much lefties despise religion in the first place. The very meaning of Islam is anti American and anti constitution. Islam means literally to submit or to surrender. It is disgusting that lefties use the euphemism of religion to cloak the world's most anti American and anti Constitution ideology.

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 12:37 PM
It is amazing to watch lefties protect anti American ideology by calling it a religion. It is even creepier, considering how much lefties despise religion in the first place. The very meaning of Islam is anti American and anti constitution. Islam means literally to submit or to surrender. It is disgusting that lefties use the euphemism of religion to cloak the world's most anti American and anti Constitution ideology.

:rollseyes: Get back to us when you have something other than this drivel.

DGUtley
01-30-2017, 12:41 PM

It's un-American for you to brand an entire religion like that. They said the same type of things about (us) Catholics 120 years ago (and still do in some parts of the country). I know many people of the Islamic faith that are very American and support the Constitution.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 12:44 PM
:rollseyes: Get back to us when you have something other than this drivel.

Yours is a rank troll response. If you didn't want to contribute anything, you should have posted nothing.

The OP has started a thread openly criticizing leftists for defending Islam in general, even though Islam is an openly religious belief that by its nature is also Governmental. I can believe it is possible for Islam to be followed without encroaching on the condition of rule within a country, but - by definition - its adherents would have to abandon Sharia Law, which demands the opposite.

If YOU want to "get back to us" with something fruitful, how about you find some polls of Muslims regarding whether or not they abide by Sharia Law, and whether or not it should supercede the countries in which they each live.

Would that be interesting? Or was your nasty and vacuous reaction to the OP evidence that he hit the mark with you so entirely that you were left without rebuttal, and only wailing?

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 12:45 PM
It's un-American for you to brand an entire religion like that. They said the same type of things about (us) Catholics 120 years ago (and still do in some parts of the country). I know many people of the Islamic faith that are very American and support the Constitution.
It is hardly unAmerican. He is speaking in generality, and that's a perfectly acceptable approach.

Tell us: how many of those you ostensibly know who are proponents of Sharia?

AZ Jim
01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Yours is a rank troll response. If you didn't want to contribute anything, you should have posted nothing.

The OP has started a thread openly criticizing leftists for defending Islam in general, even though Islam is an openly religious belief that by its nature is also Governmental. I can believe it is possible for Islam to be followed without encroaching on the condition of rule within a country, but - by definition - its adherents would have to abandon Sharia Law, which demands the opposite.

If YOU want to "get back to us" with something fruitful, how about you find some polls of Muslims regarding whether or not they abide by Sharia Law, and whether or not it should supercede the countries in which they each live.

Would that be interesting? Or was your nasty and vacuous reaction to the OP evidence that he hit the mark with you so entirely that you were left without rebuttal, and only wailing?Coming from YOU, hahahahahahhaha.

DGUtley
01-30-2017, 12:51 PM
It is hardly unAmerican. He is speaking in generality, and that's a perfectly acceptable approach. Tell us: how many of those you ostensibly know who are proponents of Sharia?

I think it's un-American to categorize an entire faith or religion based on the acts of a few. For example, when the Catholics were killing the protestants and the protestants were killing the catholics in Ireland, we could've condemned both faiths. Yet, we Catholics knew that both were not representative of either side.
Not one. You?

Scrounger
01-30-2017, 01:52 PM
I think it's un-American to categorize an entire faith or religion based on the acts of a few. For example, when the Catholics were killing the protestants and the protestants were killing the catholics in Ireland, we could've condemned both faiths. Yet, we Catholics knew that both were not representative of either side.
Not one. You?

I got to call Buck Snort on this one. Dylan Roof was inspired by both a race and a religion. Now, for the most part, that religious sect does not engage in violent acts. But, like the Muslims, a few people act on their beliefs. As a society we have no problem condemning them. So, why should Muslims be treated any differently?

Sharia law demands that they convert or kill us. That alone is reason enough to say those people pose a National Security risk and should be banned - which goes further than what Trump asked for.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Coming from YOU, hahahahahahhaha.

Fortunately, you once again do not know what you're talking about. I attempt to engage posters topically. With the left - as it did here, with you - that inevitably fails. You want to invent your dislikes based upon those who challenge your ridiculous empty heads.

That's fine, but it doesn't substitute for argument. Ever. And you, AZ...YOU should never EVER attempt to take someone on for their posting. You. The guy who claimed to want a nicer tone - and posted claiming such - only to utterly revert to your old crotchety "delesque" act not 3 posts later.

Really.

:laughing1:

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Islam is a religion, just as Christianity and Judaism are. All three are linked and worship the same god.

I'm not a fan of religion, but I would defend any against infringement.

This is the same stupid old argument they used to say about Catholics.

DGUtley
01-30-2017, 02:36 PM
I got to call Buck Snort on this one. Dylan Roof was inspired by both a race and a religion. Now, for the most part, that religious sect does not engage in violent acts. But, like the Muslims, a few people act on their beliefs. As a society we have no problem condemning them. So, why should Muslims be treated any differently? Sharia law demands that they convert or kill us. That alone is reason enough to say those people pose a National Security risk and should be banned - which goes further than what Trump asked for.

I don't know that Sharia law does call for this. I know that people tell me that Sharia law calls for this -- just like many people have told me what they think the Catholic faith calls for -- and they were all wrong. You said 'a few people act on their beliefs'. So, we condemn all because of a few? This isn't about the time-out called by Trump, this is about the statement made in the OP.

Islam is a religion, just as Christianity and Judaism are. All three are linked and worship the same god. I'm not a fan of religion, but I would defend any against infringement. This is the same stupid old argument they used to say about Catholics.

Bingo.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Anti-americanism and anti-constitutionalism are the bedrock of leftism. It should be no surprise that the same people who despise real Americans are the natural allies of Islamofascists.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 02:46 PM
It is un-American not to recognize Sharia, a central component of Islamism is anti-Constitutional and anti-Western. Ask your friends if they support Sharia. Then ask then to publicly renounce Sharia.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Islam is a religion, just as Christianity and Judaism are. All three are linked and worship the same god.
Islam is a complete drop-in replacement for western modernity. Sharia is not compatible with western democratic political philosophies. It uses religion as a weapon.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
I think it's un-American to categorize an entire faith or religion based on the acts of a few.

A few? Oh. You mean the actual terrorists? You mean the actual terrorists. I'm not characterizing an entire religion based upon the acts of a few (even if the 'few' number in the thousands, or possibly millions...do you know what 'few' is?) - and neither is the OP. The characterization is based upon ideological conflict, and it isn't simply a few who hold these beliefs in conflict with our own. I'll gladly throw my lot in with the OP in this regard, because he's correct.

Let's have a peek at these few you claim don't justify impugning Islam.

PEW RESEARCH: SHARIA (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/)

That's the number of Muslims who wish Sharia to be the law of their land. Sharia is - as the OP maintained - anathema to our form of Government.

Now what about violence? How many Muslims must support violence in order to raise your hackles and finally refrain from attacking someone who sees the general threat, and thus generalizes?

Let's use Pew again:

More generally, Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified (http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/#extremism-widely-rejected), including 92% in Indonesia and 91% in Iraq. In the United States, a 2011 survey found that 86% of Muslims (http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-app-a/?beta=true&utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pewforum.org%2F2013% 2F04%2F30%2Fthe-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview%2F%3Fbeta%3Dtrue)say that such tactics are rarely or never justified.

We interrupt this regularly scheduled leftist spin to bring you some reality:. That means that 14% of AMERICAN MUSLIMS DID justify suicide bombings.

And that's before I even decide to contemplate just exactly what PEW meant by choosing to categorize "RARELY" in the same group as NEVER.

Do you, Utley, know how many people 14% of American Muslims is?

Is it a.....few?

:geez:

Carrying on....

An additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances.

Oh. Thank God. That's reassuring. :loco:

In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say that these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.
In many cases, people in countries with large Muslim populations are as concerned as Western nations (http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/07/16/extremism-concerns-growing-in-west-and-predominantly-muslim-countries/) about the threat of Islamic extremism, and have become increasingly concerned in recent years. About two-thirds of people in Nigeria (68%) and Lebanon (67%) said earlier this year they are very concerned about Islamic extremism in their country, both up significantly since 2013.

Your 'few' number seems to be quite a few, doesn't it?

For example, when the Catholics were killing the protestants and the protestants were killing the catholics in Ireland, we could've condemned both faiths. Yet, we Catholics knew that both were not representative of either side.

Were Catholics or Protestant strapping on bomb vests and blowing up innocents in disparate countries, or cutting off heads? And why exactly, counselor, does the right to impugn and condemn Islam and the billion+ people who follow that atrocious and violent religion which has not grown out of its violent past require that the OP or I or anyone else check a list and condemn ALL PAST WRONGS equally?

Not one. You?
False equivalence. Terribly false equivalence, and a pathetic effort at that. Were you in my Court, I'd have broken my gavel over that transparent nonsense.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't know that Sharia law does call for this. I know that people tell me that Sharia law calls for this -- just like many people have told me what they think the Catholic faith calls for -- and they were all wrong. You said 'a few people act on their beliefs'. So, we condemn all because of a few? This isn't about the time-out called by Trump, this is about the statement made in the OP.
Bingo.
Ask your Islamist friends about their support for Sharia. Ask them to publicly renounce Sharia. Yes, we condemn everyone who supports Sharia. Kep them out of our country. Or we will lose the country.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Islam is a complete drop-in replacement for western modernity. Sharia is not compatible with western democratic political philosophies. It uses religion as a weapon.

In extreme cases yes, for the vast majority of Muslims, it does not.

The largest Muslim population lives in a Democratic Republic.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Uh...no they don't. Worshiping the same God requires drawing the same conclusions. They do not worship the same God.

In addition, Islam is wholly different in one other critical aspect: it is both religion and Government.

Infringement? You mean like Sharia attempting to infringe upon every country's form of Government?

No, this is the same argument that the stupid claim was used about Catholicism.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 02:56 PM
It is not in extreme cases. It is Sharia.
I am no expert on Indonesia. Nor do I care to be. Turkey used to have a secular government too, remember? It means absolutely nothing.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 02:58 PM
I don't know that Sharia law does call for this. Then you should stop here and get about finding out, instead of choosing to tackle a subject about which you're ignorant.

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 02:59 PM

Does that happen to be the same "Democratic Republic" in which Pew polled such a massive number who had no problem with suicide bombing?

That Democratic Republic?

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Uh...no they don't. Worshiping the same God requires drawing the same conclusions. They do not worship the same God.

In addition, Islam is wholly different in one other critical aspect: it is both religion and Government.

Infringement? You mean like Sharia attempting to infringe upon every country's form of Government?

No, this is the same argument that the stupid claim was used about Catholicism.
Not all Muslims live under Sharia.

Sharia and Islam aren't mutually exclusive anymore than Christian or Jewish mediation are exclusive.

Why are you all so terrified? Do you honestly think Sharia is coming to get you?

Yes, in fact it is the same argument used against Catholics near the end of the 19th century. They were seen as loyal to the pope first and America second.

http://static2.politico.com/dims4/default/8c7bd59/2147483647/resize/1160x>/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fc3%2Fce%2F 4c0ace0047d4b07d68abe9aa0d84%2F150922-zeitz-catholics-wiki.jpg

There have always been xenophobic bed wetters...

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 03:06 PM
It's un-American for you to brand an entire religion like that. .

This is exactly what I am talking about. You just referred to it as if it was nothing more than a religion. Islam is not simply a religion, and it is deceptive to use this euphemism to describe a group of people who's goal is to see America in dhimmitude. Would you protect a group of rapists or murderers if they formed a "religion" that is based on a God who tells them to murder and rape?

Subdermal
01-30-2017, 03:06 PM

You must be incredibly strong, Common Sense. Those goal posts moved so quickly, I didn't even see it. See...we were only talking about...a few, weren't we?

Sharia and Islam aren't mutually exclusive anymore than Christian or Jewish mediation are exclusive.

And? Did you catch the poll of Muslims in those countries, and what percentage of them WANT SHARIA LAW TO BE THEIR GOVERNMENT? So you are arguing out of both sides of your ass now, aren't you? On the one hand, attempt to come here to the quasi-righty's defense, talking about "it's only a few", and then - in the blink of an eye - nimbly switch to "not all Muslims"...

:laughing7:

Why are you all so terrified? Do you honestly think Sharia is coming to get you?

Why are you so terrified of Trump? Do you think he's "coming to get you"?

Yes, in fact it is the same argument used against Catholics near the end of the 19th century. They were seen as loyal to the pope first and America second.

Non sequitur weak nonsense, non-counselor. I'm loyal to God first, and America second. That has NOTHING to do strapping on suicide vests and killing people who don't convert.

http://static2.politico.com/dims4/default/8c7bd59/2147483647/resize/1160x>/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fc3%2Fce%2F 4c0ace0047d4b07d68abe9aa0d84%2F150922-zeitz-catholics-wiki.jpg

There have always been xenophobic bed wetters...

He says, while ruining yet another set of sheets on Trump.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:08 PM
This seems very simplistic. I wonder what the truth is?

"In other areas, however, there is less unity. For instance, a Pew Research Center survey of Muslims in 39 countries (http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/) asked Muslims whether they want sharia law, a legal code based on the Quran and other Islamic scripture, to be the official law of the land in their country. Responses on this question vary widely. Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law."
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

One can support Sharia without wanting it to be the official basis for their national laws. And one can be bound by Sharia without it being the official basis for the nation's laws. My uneducated guess is that Sharia becomes the basis for the enation's laws once its adherents become the majority or a strongman takes control as in Turkey.

No thanks. But we do need to begin considering a Northern Wall.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:10 PM
This is what the "real Americans" like you guys said about your great grandparents when they came to America.

http://www.drabruzzi.com/images/anti-Catholic cartoon 1924 law 18.jpg

https://churchpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/6-1.jpg

http://www.counter-currents.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/chinese-exclusion-act21.jpg

https://apush-wiki-marlborough-school.wikispaces.com/file/view/anti-immigrant-cartoon-1896.jpg/70230163/anti-immigrant-cartoon-1896.jpg

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Does that happen to be the same "Democratic Republic" in which Pew polled such a massive number who had no problem with suicide bombing?

That Democratic Republic?
Which country do you think I'm talking about?

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:13 PM
This seems very simplistic. I wonder what the truth is?

"In other areas, however, there is less unity. For instance, a Pew Research Center survey of Muslims in 39 countries (http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/) asked Muslims whether they want sharia law, a legal code based on the Quran and other Islamic scripture, to be the official law of the land in their country. Responses on this question vary widely. Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law."
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

One can support Sharia without wanting it to be the official basis for their national laws. And one can be bound by Sharia without it being the official basis for the nation's laws. My uneducated guess is that Sharia becomes the basis for the enation's laws once its adherents become the majority or a strongman takes control as in Turkey.

No thanks. But we do need to begin considering a Northern Wall.

Turkey isn't under Sharia Law.

Yea, you build that wall. Good luck with that.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:17 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_DiFHeyFQqQ/T4OVNlwPKSI/AAAAAAAAAfk/cImwslyu7OA/s1600/Unclesamswallowed.jpg

Same old same old...

DGUtley
01-30-2017, 03:19 PM
This is exactly what I am talking about. You just referred to it as if it was nothing more than a religion. Islam is not simply a religion, and it is deceptive to use this euphemism to describe a group of people who's goal is to see America in dhimmitude. Would you protect a group of rapists or murderers if they formed a "religion" that is based on a God who tells them to murder and rape?

The people I know that practice Islam say that they do not want the United States to be in dhimmitude, that it is a bastardization of their faith to claim that. I suppose it was my Italian Grandfather that probably said that he didn't want the Pope to rule American also.

And, no, I would not protect a group of rapists or murderers if they formed a "religion" that is based on a God who tells them to murder and rape. I didn't condemn Catholicism or Protestantism when they were killing each other in Ireland, either.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Turkey isn't under Sharia Law.
Yea, you build that wall. Good luck with that.
Do you believe Turkey's national laws do not mirror Sharia?

Turkey used to have a western, secular government. It is strongly tilted toward an Islamic basis.

Our Southern Wall will be built. Given Canada's flirtations with Islamofascists, it is just a matter of time before Canada will have to be guarded against.

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 03:22 PM

A Muslim is a follower of the religion of Islam. Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:22 PM
do you believe turkey's national laws do not mirror sharia?

Turkey used to have a western, secular government. It is strongly tilted toward an islamic basis.

Our southern wall will be built. Given canada's flirtations with islamofascists, it is just a matter of time before canada will have to be guarded against.

lol...

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 03:37 PM

Would that be interesting? Or was your nasty and vacuous reaction to the OP evidence that he hit the mark with you so entirely that you were left without rebuttal, and only wailing?

No, an OP of this sort deserves no response other than calling it what it is, drivel. Get over yourself dude.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:41 PM
No, an OP of this sort deserves no response other than calling it what it is, drivel. Get over yourself dude.
Are you a leftist defending Islam?

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 03:42 PM
Anti-americanism and anti-constitutionalism are the bedrock of leftism. It should be no surprise that the same people who despise real Americans are the natural allies of Islamofascists.
Pure unadulterated BS.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:43 PM

Pure unadulterated BS.
And yet here you are, the natural ally of the Islamofascists.

Thanks for self-identifying.

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 03:44 PM
The people I know that practice Islam say that they do not want the United States to be in dhimmitude,

They are pulling your leg. Islam means to surrender or submit. The American Constitution, America, and Americans subordinate to Islamic law in the Islamic religion. These people you know must be infidels or kafir.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 03:44 PM
...and he doubles down on the bullshit...

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Are you a leftist defending Islam?

I'm more of a centrist although that depends on the issue. I try to avoid labels as they are often too simplistic, hence my criticism of the OP. What I defend is a persons right to practice their faith as long as it does not infringe on anothers right.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm more of a centrist although that depends on the issue. I try to avoid labels as they are often too simplistic, hence my criticism of the OP. What I defend is a persons right to practice their faith as long as it does not infringe on anothers right.
That is not possible where Sharia's adherents are the majority.

It is best to keep Islamists out of this country and off our welfare programs.

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 03:52 PM

And yet here you are, the natural ally of the Islamofascists.

Thanks for self-identifying.

So is it Islamofascists or Muslims or followers of Islam? Are you going to turn me in?

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 03:55 PM
So is it Islamofascists or Muslims or followers of Islam? Are you going to turn me in?
Followers, Islamists, and Islamofascists.

When Islamists are in the minority they are "followers of Islam." Once they are a sizable minority they become Islamists, demanding ever more. And eventually, they reach the tipping point. Once they are in the majority the followers, having become Islamists, then become Islamofascists.

You have self-identified. For now, that is sufficient. We are in the opening days of a revolution. You are on the wrong side.

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 03:55 PM
And, no, I would not protect a group of rapists or murderers if they formed a "religion" that is based on a God who tells them to murder and rape.

Then why are you doing it? Here is a link to how Muslims are allowed to rape: http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014/02/does-islam-allow-muslims-to-rape-female.html

Safety
01-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Sigh, "leftist" "trolling" "sharia law" "islamofascists"....world class discussions.

DGUtley
01-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Then why are you doing it? Here is a link to how Muslims are allowed to rape: http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014/02/does-islam-allow-muslims-to-rape-female.html

I don't know enough about the Quran to know whether this is a legitimate interpretation. I do know that people take tenets of my faith (Roman Catholic) and misinterpret them and I have had to correct people my whole adult life. Many people refuse to believe the truth and still spew the standard misconceptions about Catholicism much like you are saying here about Islam.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Sigh, "leftist" "trolling" "sharia law" "islamofascists"....world class discussions.
You are unteachable.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 04:38 PM
I don't know enough about the Quran to know whether this is a legitimate interpretation. I do know that people take tenets of my faith (Roman Catholic) and misinterpret them and I have had to correct people my whole adult life. Many people refuse to believe the truth and still spew the standard misconceptions about Catholicism much like you are saying here about Islam.
Unlike many who post here, you are intelligent enough to investigate and discover for yourself. Why won't you?

Scrounger
01-30-2017, 04:42 PM

Bingo.

May I help you out and establish a few facts?

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/forced-conversion.aspx

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 04:43 PM
I don't know enough about the Quran to know whether this is a legitimate interpretation. .

Most lefties do not, but their default assumption is dictated by the dogma of lefty ideology. I quoted something relevant from the article that applies to this:

Unfortunately, Islam isn't defined by Westernized Muslims; it's defined by Allah and Muhammad in the Quran and the Hadith. So instead of inventing a religion based on the feelings of the Westernized Muslims and calling it "Islam," lets turn to the Quran and the Hadith to see what Allah and Muhammad have to say about this issue.

Lefties have formed much of their perception of Islam and Muslims on what they know of the feelings of "westernized Muslims", as well as what lefties themselves feel. I served in the sand during Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and can assure you that Muslims are much scarier when you encounter them in their native habitat.

Common Sense
01-30-2017, 04:45 PM
May I help you out and establish a few facts?

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/forced-conversion.aspx

If I read garbage hate sites, I'd probably sound idiotic as well...

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Trust me, you do sound idiotic.

Are you claiming the Quran was misquoted?

Scrounger
01-30-2017, 04:52 PM
It's a "hate site" because they are quoting the source? It's not like they came up with a few fudged figures, no quotes from outside sources or just gave you their opinions.

You read my post, accessed that site and verified all that information in THREE MINUTES??? That was the span between your post and mine. Holy crap! Not even speed readers can hold a candle to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo-4
01-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Welcome new poster ... WELCOME!! ;-)

Scrounger
01-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Trust me, you do sound idiotic.

Are you claiming the Quran was misquoted?

Thanks for asking that guy the obvious question. I had to modify my answer in light of the fact that he read my post, read that link, and then verified all the information in THREE MINUTES!

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...onversion.aspx (https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/forced-conversion.aspx)

How many out there can match that record? Or was Common Sense's objection predicated upon prejudice, ignorance and political chicanery?

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 05:01 PM

If you only consume media that tickles your confirmation bias, you will be ignorant of anything outside of lefty world. While I may be the furthest right member on this board, I also consume media from Daily Kos, Huffpo, Rachael Maddow, you name it. I consume ALL media, regardless of which side of the aisle it comes from or how much hate or love is contained in it. I might also add that I trust NONE of them, including the ones that tickle my confirmation bias. We simply cannot know the actual truth about our political landscape, so the best we can do is to triangulate the "most likely truth" from as many media sources as possible from any partisan bias. When I see a lefty who sites the partisan bias of a media source as the sole basis of why they are trying to marginalize it, I see ignorance. This is not meant as any way as an insult, it is simply fact that if one "ignores" a set of information, they become ignorant of it. You will become a much stronger debater if you learn what your opponents know and add it to the knowledge that lefty dogma has limited you to.

Evmetro
01-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Welcome new poster ... WELCOME!! ;-)

This is not a strong first post in this thread. I knew of course that lefties would be needing to dodge, invert, divert, or otherwise evade my original post, so I am not surprised. Now, do you have any comments on the original post?

Safety
01-30-2017, 05:20 PM
You are unteachable.

Is channelling the mynah bird your idea of being educated?

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Is channelling the mynah bird your idea of being educated?
You remain unteachable. It is worth reminding you and others.

Or perhaps the problem is deeper. For now, I am staying with unteachable.

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Followers, Islamists, and Islamofascists.

When Islamists are in the minority they are "followers of Islam." Once they are a sizable minority they become Islamists, demanding ever more. And eventually, they reach the tipping point. Once they are in the majority the followers, having become Islamists, then become Islamofascists.

You have self-identified. For now, that is sufficient. We are in the opening days of a revolution. You are on the wrong side.
My understanding of sharia law is that it is interpreted in many different ways. Your mistake is to view Islam as homogenous. It's no more homogenous than Christianity or Judaeism.

ripmeister
01-30-2017, 08:24 PM
If you only consume media that tickles your confirmation bias, you will be ignorant of anything outside of lefty world. While I may be the furthest right member on this board, I also consume media from Daily Kos, Huffpo, Rachael Maddow, you name it. I consume ALL media, regardless of which side of the aisle it comes from or how much hate or love is contained in it. I might also add that I trust NONE of them, including the ones that tickle my confirmation bias. We simply cannot know the actual truth about our political landscape, so the best we can do is to triangulate the "most likely truth" from as many media sources as possible from any partisan bias. When I see a lefty who sites the partisan bias of a media source as the sole basis of why they are trying to marginalize it, I see ignorance. This is not meant as any way as an insult, it is simply fact that if one "ignores" a set of information, they become ignorant of it. You will become a much stronger debater if you learn what your opponents know and add it to the knowledge that lefty dogma has limited you to.
On this we agree. Multiple sources with different points of view is a good thing.

MisterVeritis
01-30-2017, 10:18 PM
My understanding of sharia law is that it is interpreted in many different ways. Your mistake is to view Islam as homogenous. It's no more homogenous than Christianity or Judaeism.
Ultimately Sharia is Sharia. Commit suicide if you wish. You are not allowed to make it a murder-suicide. Keep the Muslims out of the West.

ripmeister
01-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Ultimately Sharia is Sharia. Commit suicide if you wish. You are not allowed to make it a murder-suicide. Keep the Muslims out of the West.
That is simply a naïve way to look at it, but OK.