PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump’s sister, the tough, respected federal judge

valley ranch
01-31-2017, 12:52 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/08/meet-donald-trumps-sister-the-tough-federal-judge-ted-cruz-called-a-radical-pro-abortion-extremist/?utm_term=.16d4f1144c5c

she is in some respects the polar opposite of her brother, Donald Trump.She is bluster-free and without braggadocio about her professional success as a prosecutor and judge and speaks not of “wins,” but of fears and of losses, and how she has overcome them — particularly the loss of her husband and parents in the space of a year when she said faith and the Jesuits “quite literally saved my life.”

He is obsessed with his success as a businessman. “When I say success,” she told the students, “I don’t speak only of professional success. Success can be something as simple as the warm feeling one gets if you see a stranger that you sense to be lonely and smiling at that stranger and having that stranger return your smile; it can be bringing a child into the world and raising a child to be a good man or a good woman.”

In other respects, she is just like her brother — tough and biting. When a defense lawyer for a Philadelphia mob boss, Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino, tried to challenge the character of a star prosecution witness in a 2003 racketeering appeal, she told him what he had was “bupkis.” As a trial judge in 1991, when she sentenced a “candy mogul” to 34 years in prison for beating and torching the competitors, she said “there was neither a way nor a reason to sugarcoat what the defendant is all about. He is, pure and simple, a thug.”

Cigar
01-31-2017, 12:57 PM
:laugh: Why Not ...

valley ranch
01-31-2017, 01:25 PM
When...+