PDA

View Full Version : tPF Immigration Chaos As long as illegal immigration is permitted, the foundations of Ame

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Immigration Chaos
As long as illegal immigration is permitted, the foundations of American culture are at risk. (https://geopoliticalfutures.com/immigration-chaos/)
George Friedman discusses immigration and illegal immigration in the wake of the new Executive Orders.

Last week, President Donald Trump (https://geopoliticalfutures.com/trump-the-presidency-and-policymaking/) temporarily blocked both “immigrants and nonimmigrants” from seven predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States. From the beginning of his presidential campaign he has spoken at various times (https://geopoliticalfutures.com/nationalism-is-rising-not-fascism/) and in a variety of ways of taking a step like this. Having done it, the action created uproar in part because it was done without adequate preparation, and in larger part, because it was done at all. The mutual recriminations over this particular act are of little consequence. What is important is to try to understand why the immigration issue (https://geopoliticalfutures.com/us-perception-of-immigrants/) is so sensitive. The uproar over Trump’s action is merely one of many to come, which also will be of little consequence.

In other words, the protests are just political noise.

We have very successful immigrant communities such as Indians and Asians. However, other groups are not so successful. Mexicans (and some South American counties) and those from the Middle East (outside of the educated secular elite).

If there was a strain of intense, anti-immigrant or racist sentiment in the United States, it would be directed against Indians and Chinese just as much as Muslims and Mexicans. There would also be a persistent strain from previous Irish immigration in the 19th century, and of Italians, Jews and other Eastern and Southern Europeans who flooded into the United States between 1880 and 1920. To the extent that racism exists against any of these groups, the anti-immigration fervor is marginal; century-old immigrant cohorts have become mainstream. They are not the ones marginalized – their detractors are.

It is the example of the Chinese and the Indians that blows up the theory that Americans have an overarching anti-immigrant sensibility that Trump is tapping into. It also raises serious doubts that Trump is anti-immigrant. I have searched and may have missed it, but I didn’t find that Trump made anti-Chinese or anti-Indian statements, as opposed to anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican statements. If it were classic anti-immigrant sentiment, the rage would be against Indian immigrants who have emerged as a powerful and wealthy ethnic group in a startlingly short time. But there is minimally detectable hostility toward them, which means that the immigration situation in the United States is far more complex than it seems.

The United States has been at war with Muslim groups since Sept. 11, 2001. When the U.S. has gone to war with foreign powers, there has been a surge of hostility toward immigrants from that foreign power’s country. During World War I, German immigrants in the United States who still spoke German came under suspicion and were pressured to adopt English. During World War II, Germans who had maintained close and cordial ties to Germany prior to the war were harassed, and in some cases, arrested under suspicion of espionage and subversion. Japanese citizens of the United States were arrested and sent to detention camps out of fear that they might be conducting espionage or sabotage for the Japanese. During the Cold War, post-war émigrés from Soviet satellite nations were distrusted by the FBI, which feared they were sent by the Soviets as spies and saboteurs.

Anyway, read the entire article. An interesting perspective.

Cigar
02-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Explain Permitting Illegal Immigration? :huh:

Who's Permitting Illegal Immigration ... the people who are Hiring Illegal Immigrants? :huh:

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Who's Permitting Illegal Immigration ... the people who are Hiring Illegal Immigrants? :huh:
That is certainly one group.

Common
02-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Illegal immigration, READ THAT!!! ILLEGAL only democrats dont understand the meaning of the word ILLEGAL. We have no obligation to allow ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION into the USA to cost its citizens billions. We already have legal quotas, green cards and visas for LEGAL immigration.

Obama promoted illegal immigration from all over the world because his goal was to dilute the united states and gain democrat votes.

When Trump signed his executive order returning the border patrols authority that was taken from them THEY CHEERED THE PRESIDENT yes the border patrol cheered.

Obama played a good game of allowing millions in while the media reported the numbers he wanted them too. Now hes gone and now it will be minimized.

Cigar
02-02-2017, 10:10 AM
That is certainly one group.

That is certainly The Number One group.

Common
02-02-2017, 10:10 AM

No they are not permitting illegal immigration, they enable it after they have broken our laws to get here. Employers should have HUGE fines placed on them that progress till its prison time. They are certainly part of the problem but they are not the cause

Cigar
02-02-2017, 10:12 AM
In order for an Illegal Immigrate to survive in America ... some one has to be breaking The Law by Paying them :wink:

Cause / Effect ... Learn it, Understand it, Solve it.

Cigar
02-02-2017, 10:15 AM
No they are not permitting illegal immigration, they enable it after they have broken our laws to get here. Employers should have HUGE fines placed on them that progress till its prison time. They are certainly part of the problem but they are not the cause

I'm going to Phoenix in March ...

I have to buy a airplane ticket, get a hotel to stay in and once I'm there you can bet I'll Eat and Drink. :grin:

Unless, no one sells be a Airline Ticket, Rents me a room or serves me Food and Drink.

... Next!

stjames1_53
02-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Immigration Chaos
As long as illegal immigration is permitted, the foundations of American culture are at risk. (https://geopoliticalfutures.com/immigration-chaos/)

George Friedman discusses immigration and illegal immigration in the wake of the new Executive Orders.

In other words, the protests are just political noise.

We have very successful immigrant communities such as Indians and Asians. However, other groups are not so successful. Mexicans (and some South American counties) and those from the Middle East (outside of the educated secular elite).

Anyway, read the entire article. An interesting perspective.

I have a break between classes today...I've got a few of my own thoughts about this

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 10:18 AM
That is certainly The Number One group.

OK. Now that we got that out of the way, did you like the article?

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 10:19 AM
The distinction between various groups of immigrants and negative feelings is interesting.

MMC
02-02-2017, 10:33 AM
OK. Now that we got that out of the way, did you like the article?

You think he read it, Pete? Or were you trying to be funny? :laugh:

Scrounger
02-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Illegal immigration, READ THAT!!! ILLEGAL only democrats dont understand the meaning of the word ILLEGAL. We have no obligation to allow ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION into the USA to cost its citizens billions. We already have legal quotas, green cards and visas for LEGAL immigration.

Obama promoted illegal immigration from all over the world because his goal was to dilute the united states and gain democrat votes.

When Trump signed his executive order returning the border patrols authority that was taken from them THEY CHEERED THE PRESIDENT yes the border patrol cheered.

Obama played a good game of allowing millions in while the media reported the numbers he wanted them too. Now hes gone and now it will be minimized.

Everybody understands the word illegal. Do you? It does not carry the connotation you want it to. Since you mention the costs, I'd like you to look at something and give us your take:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/77596-The-hidden-costs-of-immigration/page9

Are you buying stjames1_53's figures? You got some other elixir to market?

TBed by OP.

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 10:54 AM
The article is about far more than illegal immigration. Discuss the topic, or find one you can participate in.

Common
02-02-2017, 11:04 AM
In order for an Illegal Immigrate to survive in America ... some one has to be breaking The Law by Paying them :wink:

Cause / Effect ... Learn it, Understand it, Solve it.
Cigar you tell us you have all these degrees and yet you still make silly statements.

Lets break what you said down
"In order for an Illegal Immigrate to survive in America"

They are not supposed to be here for us to worry how they survive. That is not the employers fault that they were ALLOWED to come here illegally.

If they werent here employers couldnt pay them

YOU LEARN IT AND UNDERSTAND IT, this is the last response if you make silly statements.

How come obama didnt write an exec order punishing employers ? KNOW WHY he wanted employers to hire them to keep them here. He promoted and greatly expanded illegal immigration into this US, now thank god hes gone and it will be very very very much slowed down.

Peter1469
02-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Both sides of the political aisle are at fault for our illegals problem.