PDA

View Full Version : Five $ per vote -- yikes!

Deadwood
10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/25/14696130-your-vote-is-worth-five-bucks-give-or-take-this-election?lite

GrassrootsConservative
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
This is so silly, considering that all but the on-the-fence people (probably about a quarter of the population) are going to know how they will vote once the primaries are done.
You'd think someone would notice how absurd this is. I'm an American, but I'll be the first to admit some of the things we do are kind of baffling.

Deadwood
10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
This is so silly, considering that all but the on-the-fence people (probably about a quarter of the population) are going to know how they will vote once the primaries are done.
You'd think someone would notice how absurd this is. I'm an American, but I'll be the first to admit some of the things we do are kind of baffling.

Your estimate of undecided is low. It was high until just recently although I don't have an exact figure.

The advertising serves two purposes: It solidifies the "soft" vote and it ensures a greater percentage turn out. Considering how few people actually vote in the US, its kind of necessary

GrassrootsConservative
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
$5 per vote is still absurd. Surely you would agree with that.

Taxcutter
10-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Most of the money spent by candidates and SuperPacs on TV spots is wasted.

Audiences are way, way down. Ask A.C. Nielsen.

One only needs to spend enough on TV to rebut the biased "news" reporting of the MSM.