PDA

View Full Version : The disappearing gender gap

pjohns
10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
A new Associated Press/GfK Poll shows a 47-47 deadlock between the president and Gov. Romney, among women voters.

As an article on the poll puts it:

As the election nears, Romney has been playing down social issues and trying to project a more moderate stance on matters such as abortion in an effort to court female voters. The AP-GfK poll, taken Friday through Tuesday, shows Romney pulling even with Obama among women at 47-47 after lagging by 16 points a month earlier.

On the other hand, President Obama is making some gains among men:

Obama, meanwhile, has been working to shore up his support among men, who tend to be more Republican than women. In the 2008 election, men broke 49 percent for Obama to 48 percent for John McCain, even though Obama got 53 percent of the vote overall. The president’s job approval ratings among men have tended to fall below his ratings among women throughout his first term.

A month ago, Romney’s advantage among men was 13 percentage points. Now, it’s down to 5 points, with most of the shift toward Obama coming among unmarried men.

Here is the link: AP-GfK poll: Romney erases Obama advantage among women while Obama gains ground with men | Associated Press GfK Poll (http://ap-gfkpoll.com/uncategorized/findings-from-our-latest-poll)

GrumpyDog
10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, the brilliant Alex Wagner on Chris Matthews just basically punched me, and any other leftwinger males in the face, by saying that any talk about womens rights is just as offensive as from the rightwing side. And that Obama, the President who supports choice, is just as wrong as the Republican party is for talking about womens issues.

SO... Miss Big Mouth, Laughing, No Brain functioning, Wagner, I am going to do a favor for you, and ALL the women who believe women have choice and control of their bodies, and I am going to STAY OUT OF THE CONVERSATION.

AND.. On top of that Miss Wagner, since I do NOT appreciate being kicked in the gut, after ALL the numerous posts which I have posted on several forums, in SUPPORT of WOMENS RIGHTS, EVEN though, I am a man, I will abstain from voting this election, because I would not want to insult Miss SMILEY Alex Wagner, nor her obvious BRILLIANT commentaries, nor insult all the other female voters.

So I will enjoy this election, and also enjoy watching the changes in legislation affecting womens rights, that will enacted.

And when Romney gets elected, I will begin blogging how it is all attributed to the INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY of Miss Alex Wagner, who IMO has the most IDIOTIC commentary of ANY female talking head on ANY media, with only possible exception of some interview with an NFL cheerleader.

Canadianeye
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
A new Associated Press/GfK Poll shows a 47-47 deadlock between the president and Gov. Romney, among women voters.

As an article on the poll puts it:

On the other hand, President Obama is making some gains among men:

Here is the link: AP-GfK poll: Romney erases Obama advantage among women while Obama gains ground with men | Associated Press GfK Poll (http://ap-gfkpoll.com/uncategorized/findings-from-our-latest-poll)

It's all kind of comical, in a sense. Obama is done like dinner, no matter how friendly pollsters and the massive left media try to spin it...even in Ohio. Obama is tracking at 6 with early voters. He tracked at 20 in 2008.

This clown is gone.

GrumpyDog
10-26-2012, 03:02 AM
It's all kind of comical, in a sense. Obama is done like dinner, no matter how friendly pollsters and the massive left media try to spin it...even in Ohio. Obama is tracking at 6 with early voters. He tracked at 20 in 2008.

This clown is gone.

Maybe that explains why he seems to be so content, having fun, joking with Jon Stewart, and Jay Leno. He is thinking about the wonderful home in Hawaii paradise, which is probably where he will be after Nov 7, or where he will vacation and play golf at, if re elected.

You see, when Obama stated that he is thinking of working people every waking hour of the day, he meant while he was on the golf course, and at the dinner parties with a similar elite class of people that Romney was throwing parties for too. Only Obama was not dumb enough to get himself caught on camera.

Canadianeye
10-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Maybe that explains why he seems to be so content, having fun, joking with Jon Stewart, and Jay Leno. He is thinking about the wonderful home in Hawaii paradise, which is probably where he will be after Nov 7, or where he will vacation and play golf at, if re elected.

You see, when Obama stated that he is thinking of working people every waking hour of the day, he meant while he was on the golf course, and at the dinner parties with a similar elite class of people that Romney was throwing parties for too. Only Obama was not dumb enough to get himself caught on camera.

True...but he was consistently dumb enough to have his record caught on a 4 year time lapse.