PDA

View Full Version : Hertz suspends 34 Muslim drivers in prayer dispute

wingrider
10-07-2011, 09:24 PM
"Prayer is not as other people take it," said Ileys Omar, who has been with Hertz four years and is the union's shop steward. "It's important for us, if you take prayer away, you're taking a part of our lives ... to be honest, we feel like we're being punished for praying, for being Muslim."

http://news.yahoo.com/hertz-suspends-34-muslim-drivers-prayer-dispute-203810994.html

Just as christians are not allowed to Pray in school, talk about their faith when on the job.. or to prozeltize any where in public, Muslims need to come to grips with the reality of separation of church and state, If they feel the need to paray five times a day, they should not be able to do so on the job or while on the clock.

it seems to me that muslims are manipulating discrimination laws to meet their own agenda, While Christians are basically being told to shut up and keep their faith in their church or in their homes.

Conley
10-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Agreed. Can you imagine what would happen if a Christian wanted to stop work five times a day to pray?

wingrider
10-07-2011, 09:50 PM
yep especially here in America wher it is estimate that 75 percent of the population have some form of Christian background. the whole workforce would literally shut down

Conley
10-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I have no problem with any religion really. What I do have a problem with is people who think they are special and deserve to be treated differently, and then play the victim when they don't get their special treatment. I have no patience for those who are like that. I don't care what color or what religion. Toughen up!

jgreer
10-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Like it or not there are laws to protect religious freedoms in this country.

If you don't like it you'll have to change the laws and get rid of that pesky Bill of Rights.

MMC
10-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Their free to do whatever they want.....but not on my time nor on my dime. Either you want to work and get paid.....or ya want to sit around and pray all day. My suggestion would be perhaps they might want to Check out work for a Religious instiution or Holy Place. Then I am sure there would be no dispute about wages and breaks or even lunch. ;)

Conley
10-08-2011, 09:33 AM
:D

Yeah they can work for their mosque. ;)

Mister D
10-08-2011, 10:50 AM
"Prayer is not as other people take it," said Ileys Omar, who has been with Hertz four years and is the union's shop steward. "It's important for us, if you take prayer away, you're taking a part of our lives ... to be honest, we feel like we're being punished for praying, for being Muslim."

http://news.yahoo.com/hertz-suspends-34-muslim-drivers-prayer-dispute-203810994.html

Just as christians are not allowed to Pray in school, talk about their faith when on the job.. or to prozeltize any where in public, Muslims need to come to grips with the reality of separation of church and state, If they feel the need to paray five times a day, they should not be able to do so on the job or while on the clock.

it seems to me that muslims are manipulating discrimination laws to meet their own agenda, While Christians are basically being told to shut up and keep their faith in their church or in their homes.

Everyone, other than whites and Christians of course for the most part, manipulates anti-discrimination laws.

Mister D
10-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Agreed. Can you imagine what would happen if a Christian wanted to stop work five times a day to pray?

Yep. Every talking head would be warning us about the attack on separation of church and state or whatever if it was a group of Christians but if it's a group of Muslims they'll warn us about the Islamophobia sweeping the land.

wingrider
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Like it or not there are laws to protect religious freedoms in this country.

If you don't like it you'll have to change the laws and get rid of that pesky Bill of Rights.

you have the right of religious freedom .. you do not have the right to use that religion in the workplace. like I have been told numerous times.. keep your religion in the home or in the church.. not in the public arena, and the workplace is a public arena unless you are working for a religious institute.

Mister D
10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm a relatively devout Christian and I can't imagine demanding such an accommodation from my employer. If it was indeed that important to me to pray 5 times a day that I will have to make adjustments. Not my employer.

jgreer
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
So you guys feel persecuted as Christians and think it is unfair. When Muslims are persecuted in a similar way then you all for it. Do you not see the contradiction there? Imagine a utopia where we had religious freedom for both religions and all the others. That is the dream our founders had.

Mister D
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
So you guys feel persecuted as Christians and think it is unfair. When Muslims are persecuted in a similar way then you all for it. Do you not see the contradiction there? Imagine a utopia where we had religious freedom for both religions and all the others. That is the dream our founders had.

Who feels persecuted? Can you not see the strawman here?

Mr. Wonderful
10-10-2011, 09:14 AM
This is a Chrstian nation, not a Muslim one. If that's what they are looking for then they can go back home.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 09:15 AM
This is a Chrstian nation, not a Muslim one. If that's what they are looking for then they can go back home.

Yep.

MMC
10-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Again talking the semantics over Muslims and Islam. U.....Libs spout all this intellectual thought on the semantics. I suggest you pick up some History books, other than US history books and begin readng that history.

First Sharia law comes long before Islam Was even an inkling in Mohammed's conscious thought.

Blaming Christianity for what they did in the past. Does not correlate in logic of what a religion has done and is still doing to this very day?

Any of you got anything to say about the Christians that must suffer at the hands of Muslim led govenments? Have you been watching Egypt and that fricken New version of Democracy? WHERE is JOHNY KERRY AND HIS BIG MOUTH NOW. Does he still want to expound on how he needed to be in Egypt to see Democracy in Action.
Hows that Democracy looking Libs.....I suppose it is fine by those of you that support the Arab Spring(the Disillusionment of Logic and Reason) as long as Christians Churches are burned to the ground and that Christians are killed out-right all based on the fact that they are Christians and will not convert to Islam. In those Muslim Countries.

Thats not talking about the money the Dems want to throw at Egypt for the New Version of Humani-terroism!

Mister D
10-11-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who feels persecuted.

MMC
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who feels persecuted.

Must be the Sunni.....cuz if you don't buy their oil. They don't have much else thats of value! Pus one can buy goats cheaper in South America. >:D