PDA

View Full Version : Should Republicans Give In To The President

wingrider
10-07-2011, 10:20 PM
In America it is patriotic to dissent especially when Elected representatives are hired for one job and one job only and that is to represent the people in thier districts that voted for them.

As a senator Barrack Obama defended his position to block confirmation votes on judicial appointees by alledging " The founding Fathers established the filibuster as a means of protecting the minority from the tryanny of the majority."

in 2005 a democrat minority gridlocked congress, ending GW Bushes plan to reform Social security.

How about Loud opposition?
In 2003 Hillary Clinton came unglued on those she claimed had called for less dissent, " I am sick and tired of people who call you unpatriotic if you debate the bush administrations policies.

Now President Obama is frustrated that his progressive efforsts are facing opposition, He states " we knew this was going to take a long time because we have this big messy democracy" . Obama expanded on " messy" when addressing la Raza activists who wanted immediate amnesty for illegals by saying that he hould not " somehow bypass congress and change the laws on my own ,believe me the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting"

and how about Obamas efforts to silence his critics?

in 2008 there was a website called " fight the smears" this was dedicated to monitor obamas critics. next there was the Journolists , a liberal only forum of influentioal media pundits venting their anger over criticism of Obama .
now there is yet another website called attackwatch.com that implores readers to watch for and send in criticisms of Obama.

seems like the democrats can dissent and obstruct, and filibuster , but when republicans do the same thing it is wrong..

why is that?

Conley
10-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Dissent and Freedom of Speech is what makes this country the best in the world.

Screw the politicians, we all as Americans should speak out for what we believe it right and call out Washington D.C. when they are not representing us the way they should.

wingrider
10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
thanks for the response.

seems like no one else has the guts to touch this issue.. baaaa baaaa baaaa

Conley
10-08-2011, 11:23 AM
:D

It hasn't even been up twelve hours yet, I'm sure others will chime in here in a bit.

It is also funny how the Dems had no problem speaking up during the eight years of Bush but now that Obama is in office they don't want to give the same priviledges to the Republicans. We need dissent now more than ever!

wingrider
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
:D

It hasn't even been up twelve hours yet, I'm sure others will chime in here in a bit.

It is also funny how the Dems had no problem speaking up during the eight years of Bush but now that Obama is in office they don't want to give the same priviledges to the Republicans. We need dissent now more than ever!

yeppers .. on the money with that one for sure dude

MMC
10-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Well truthfully the MSM focus' on more coverage when the Republicans do it. Notice they barely say anything about Reid holding up bills.

Mr. Wonderful
10-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Exactly. You cant trust the MSM because it is full of democrats.

In answer to the original poster: NO! The Republicans should not give into the President!

The people have made it clear how they feel. Look at Barry's approval rating.

MMC
10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
They have no need to give into the President's requests.....as shown with the fact check on his job's proposal. Again my one concern would be that they will give in for this damn infrastructure bank.

Also the best way in going after the Dems is to go after MSDNC.....the activists of so called Journalism. For truly this is the attack dog. Especially with the like of Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow. Then Ed Schultz and Lawerence ODonell.