PDA

View Full Version : The Spy Revolt Against Trump Begins

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 07:44 AM
The Spy Revolt Against Trump Begins (http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/)

A few snips:

Our Intelligence Community is so worried by the unprecedented problems of the Trump administration—not only do senior officials possess troubling ties to the Kremlin, there are nagging questions about basic competence regarding Team Trump—that it is beginning to withhold intelligence from a White House which our spies do not trust.

Why risk your most sensitive information if the president may ignore it anyway? A senior National Security Agency official explained that NSA was systematically holding back some of the “good stuff” from the White House, in an unprecedented move. For decades, NSA has prepared special reports for the president’s eyes only, containing enormously sensitive intelligence. In the last three weeks, however, NSA has ceased doing this, fearing Trump and his staff cannot keep their best SIGINT secrets.

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

Now, this is an op/ed and not a news article, but it is well sourced and the author is not a nobody. I say this points up some pretty serious concerns.

patrickt
02-13-2017, 07:51 AM
It's the failure of Barack Obama to seize total control of the government that concerns the leftists in government. I will admit that leftists are experts at backstabbing. Ask Israel or the Cuban people.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 07:56 AM
It's the failure of Barack Obama to seize total control of the government that concerns the leftists in government. I will admit that leftists are experts at backstabbing. Ask Israel or the Cuban people.

That's nice kiddo, care to address the OP while you're here?

Adelaide
02-13-2017, 08:03 AM
I think the bigger concern is that there are people in the White House leaking information to the press. Who knows what level they are at or whether they would ever know the most confidential information, but the issue exists.

Ties to the Kremlin? I really don't think that is as big a problem as the article or supposed officials say.

Standing Wolf
02-13-2017, 08:08 AM
An unbalanced drama queen with no discernable filter who tweets his gut feelings about any and everything at three in the morning might be a cause for concern, as well.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 08:10 AM
I think the bigger concern is that there are people in the White House leaking information to the press. Who knows what level they are at or whether they would ever know the most confidential information, but the issue exists.

Ties to the Kremlin? I really don't think that is as big a problem as the article or supposed officials say.

You actually think the sources for the article are a bigger problem than leaks to hostile foreign powers?

Sorry, but I think you may be wrong.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 08:11 AM
An unbalanced drama queen with no discernable filter who tweets his gut feelings about any and everything at three in the morning might be a cause for concern, as well.

He's a security nightmare in more ways than one.

Ethereal
02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
The heart of the deep state is in the intelligence community. They've been up to no good for decades. Their attempt to manipulate and control the president is really nothing new. They believe they are the masters of the world and they're not going to let something like an election get in their way.

Ethereal
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
This is quite amazing. They're essentially admitting that they don't care about the election results and are going to do whatever they want. I can't think of anything more undemocratic and opaque than a bunch of unelected careerists defying the duly elected president. And some people wonder why so many Americans consider the electoral system a farce? Here's your answer.

MrMike
02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Not buying it...

But I'm glad the Left has plenty of self-made distractions to keep them occupied.

MisterVeritis
02-13-2017, 11:29 AM
The Spy Revolt Against Trump Begins (http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/)
A few snips:
Now, this is an op/ed and not a news article, but it is well sourced and the author is not a nobody. I say this points up some pretty serious concerns.
New intel community leadership will fix this. I wonder how much of the good stuff was kept from Obama's Muslim Brotherhood operatives?

MisterVeritis
02-13-2017, 11:32 AM
That's nice kiddo, care to address the OP while you're here?
Find the ringleaders, drag them into the public square and hang them. Search the parking lots for anybody with an Obama bumper sticker and fire them. Find anybody with the idiotic "I'm with Her T-shirt" and give them notice. There are plenty of Americans who can do their jobs.

But I have no strong opinion.

resister
02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
The heart of the deep state is in the intelligence community. They've been up to no good for decades. Their attempt to manipulate and control the president is really nothing new. They believe they are the masters of the world and they're not going to let something like an election get in their way.They think they alone, should control the destiny of mankind, they are the source of most of the worlds evils.

Evmetro
02-13-2017, 11:47 AM

A few snips:

The partisan subtext of the op/ed overpowers the actual subject, so it is difficult to extract what it is really about. What are the serious concerns that you took away from that piece?

BTW, I am impressed in post 3, to see that you do see the value in responding specifically to the op, at least in one's initial response. It keeps the thread progressing in the intended direction. Excellent.

Don
02-13-2017, 12:00 PM
There is no spy "revolt" against Donald Trump. Certain characters in intel were out to get him before he was even elected. They, along with the media and DNC and even a few RINO's tried to spin that tale of Trump being involved with Russia and Russia subverting the election with zero evidence. This is the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned us about. This is the establishment. Read these words from one of the lefts own, Glenn Greenwald.... (https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/25298-from-russia-with-love-did-putin-put-trump-in-the-white-house)

The serious dangers posed by a Trump presidency are numerous and manifest. There are a wide array of legitimate and effective tactics for combating those threats: from bipartisan congressional coalitions and constitutional legal challenges to citizen uprisings and sustained and aggressive civil disobedience. All of those strategies have periodically proven themselves effective in times of political crisis or authoritarian overreach.
But cheering for the CIA and its shadowy allies to unilaterally subvert the U.S. election and impose its own policy dictates on the elected president is both warped and self-destructive. Empowering the very entities that have produced the most shameful atrocities and systemic deceit over the last six decades is desperation of the worst kind. Demanding that evidence-free, anonymous assertions be instantly venerated as Truth — despite emanating from the very precincts designed to propagandize and lie — is an assault on journalism, democracy, and basic human rationality. And casually branding domestic adversaries who refuse to go along as traitors and disloyal foreign operatives is morally bankrupt and certain to backfire on those doing it.
Greenwald’s observation is spot-on. When Democrats (who pretended their candidate was not a serial criminal), establishment Republicans (who, it would appear, would have preferred a Clinton presidency), and the liberal media (whose reporting was more about creating the story than reporting on it) assist the intelligence community (which is made up of a group of secretive agencies whose stock in trade is deception and propaganda) in accusing an incoming president of being the “puppet” of a hostile foreign power without demanding any proof, they empower a secret government to rule over all Americans without limit. There is no version of that that ends well.

birddog
02-13-2017, 12:20 PM
The OP appears to simply be another liberal hit piece. I don't usually read liberal rags which explains my not recognizing the author.

Innuendo and not identifying sources are not traits I find impressive.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 12:21 PM
New intel community leadership will fix this. I wonder how much of the good stuff was kept from Obama's Muslim Brotherhood operatives?
Actually it won't. The removal of the current illegitimate administration will though.

On your second point (if you can really call that a point), that's hard to say since there weren't any of those.

birddog
02-13-2017, 12:24 PM
Actually it won't. The removal of the current illegitimate administration will though.

On your second point (if you can really call that a point), that's hard to say since there weren't any of those.

Have you not caught on Yet? You and your libtard friends lost the election, fair and square!

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Find the ringleaders, drag them into the public square and hang them. Search the parking lots for anybody with an Obama bumper sticker and fire them. Find anybody with the idiotic "I'm with Her T-shirt" and give them notice. There are plenty of Americans who can do their jobs.

Hello fascism!

You do understand Trump is not a dictator right?

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Have you not caught on Yet? You and your libtard friends lost the election, fair and square!

Actually no, we didn't. Cheeto Jesus cheated and got help from a hostile foreign power.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
There is no spy "revolt" against Donald Trump. Certain characters in intel were out to get him before he was even elected. They, along with the media and DNC and even a few RINO's tried to spin that tale of Trump being involved with Russia and Russia subverting the election with zero evidence. This is the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned us about. This is the establishment. Read these words from one of the lefts own, Glenn Greenwald.... (https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/25298-from-russia-with-love-did-putin-put-trump-in-the-white-house)

Proof Russia and Putin interfered with the election :

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3254239-Russia-Hacking-report.html

birddog
02-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Actually no, we didn't. Cheeto Jesus cheated and got help from a hostile foreign power.

You and the truth are far apart, but we are used to it. Sore loser! Waaa! Waaa! Wake up and see the truth, it will set you free! :grin:

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 12:42 PM
You and the truth are far apart, but we are used to it. Sore loser! Waaa! Waaa! Wake up and see the truth, it will set you free! :grin:

Proof of the assistance the Orange One got from his puppeteer:

birddog
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Proof of the assistance the Orange One got from his puppeteer:

:yawn::tongue20::geez:You are putting me to sleep. You are the real boring one.

Crepitus
02-13-2017, 02:34 PM
:yawn::tongue20::geez:You are putting me to sleep. You are the real boring one.

Ah, the old "I know you are but what am I? " defense.

A classic I gotta admit, but it's not really working for ya today.

Evmetro
02-13-2017, 02:50 PM

The sorest losers in history!

Peter1469
02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
They had a problem with JFK too.

A few snips:

donttread
02-14-2017, 07:37 AM

A few snips:

Well if the entire CIA resigned in protest the world would immediately be a better place

Crepitus
02-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Well if the entire CIA resigned in protest the world would immediately be a better place

Until we needed some intelligence on our enemies.

Tahuyaman
02-14-2017, 10:55 AM

I basically agree. The leaks to the press are coming from career types and staffers of congressmen who oppose Trump's policy ideas.

Tahuyaman
02-14-2017, 10:56 AM

one of the other twenty intelligence agencies would fill in the blanks.

MisterVeritis
02-14-2017, 11:34 AM
You are a coup sheep. You are one of this nation's domestic enemies.

The Muslim Brotherhood offered more than just bedmates for Barack.

MisterVeritis
02-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Hello fascism!
You do understand Trump is not a dictator right?
Why do you stupidly call everything fascism, except fascism?

The civil service law needs to be revised to allow firing for any reason or for no reason at all. There is no reason for maintaining an untouchable bureaucratic state.

The Xl
02-14-2017, 11:40 AM
The heart of the deep state is in the intelligence community. They've been up to no good for decades. Their attempt to manipulate and control the president is really nothing new. They believe they are the masters of the world and they're not going to let something like an election get in their way.

100 percent this. What's happening is obvious.

donttread
02-14-2017, 03:28 PM

Ahh, but that's just it they don't stick to inel gather and have a hand in creating most of those enemies

Crepitus
02-14-2017, 08:07 PM
You are a coup sheep. You are one of this nation's domestic enemies.

The Muslim Brotherhood offered more than just bedmates for Barack.

And you have the nerve to call me a conspiracy theorist.

Crepitus
02-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Why do you stupidly call everything fascism, except fascism?

The civil service law needs to be revised to allow firing for any reason or for no reason at all. There is no reason for maintaining an untouchable bureaucratic state.

You were just talking about hanging people who's only crime is to disagreensure and firing people for having the wrong time shirt.

That's fascism my friend. You are a fascist. Get used to it.

Beevee
02-14-2017, 08:20 PM

Makes a change from shooting them in the public square. That's American progress, I suppose!

MisterVeritis
02-14-2017, 09:40 PM
And you have the nerve to call me a conspiracy theorist.
Have I?

MisterVeritis
02-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Makes a change from shooting them in the public square. That's American progress, I suppose!
I think hanging is appropriate. I wonder if we still have street lamps that can hold the weight of a fat bureaucrat.

MisterVeritis
02-14-2017, 09:44 PM
You were just talking about hanging people who's only crime is to disagreensure and firing people for having the wrong time shirt.

That's fascism my friend. You are a fascist. Get used to it.
I said I have no strong opinion. Hanging evildoers is not fascism. It may be impolite.

I suspected you had no idea what fascism is. You offered proof. Thanks.

Peter1469
02-14-2017, 09:50 PM
The Fascists were completely against individualism in general and especially against individualism in a free-market economy.

Their agenda included minimum-wage laws, government restrictions on profit-making, progressive taxation of capital, and “rigidly secular” schools.

Unlike the Communists, the Fascists did not seek government ownership of the means of production.

They just wanted the government to call the shots as to how businesses would be run. They were for “industrial policy,” long before liberals coined that phrase in the United States. Indeed, the whole Fascist economic agenda bears a remarkable resemblance to what liberals would later advocate.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/223648/who-fascist-thomas-sowell?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sowell

Cletus
02-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Hello fascism!

I really wish you people would look up the definition of fascism and learn what it is. Your constant displays of ignorance on the subject are getting tedious.

Crepitus
02-14-2017, 11:16 PM
I said I have no strong opinion. Hanging evildoers is not fascism. It may be impolite.

I suspected you had no idea what fascism is. You offered proof. Thanks.

Evildoers?

Doublejack
02-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Evildoers?

*stuff he doesn't like.

Crepitus
02-15-2017, 01:37 AM
*stuff he doesn't like.

The last person I heard say "evildoers" was SpongeBob SquarePants.

Cletus
02-15-2017, 01:40 AM
The last person I heard say "evildoers" was SpongeBob SquarePants.

Is that where you do your research before you post?

Hal Jordan
02-15-2017, 05:48 AM

A few snips:

The main concern is that nothing will be done when there is a credible threat because the one who can authorize action knows nothing about it.

Crepitus
02-15-2017, 07:06 AM
Is that where you do your research before you post?

LOL, yes. It's the best way to mentally prepare myself to deal with the conservatives here. Kinda helps me get "on their level" so to speak.

Crepitus
02-15-2017, 07:07 AM
The main concern is that nothing will be done when there is a credible threat because the one who can authorize action knows nothing about it.

That could be a pretty serious problem I agree.