PDA

View Full Version : A serious question to THP members

coolwalker
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Without all our usual ti-rates, what do you really think will happen the day after the election, and days ensuing when Obama loses the election...and, do you think there will be a political monkey wrench thrown in the works?

Venus
10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
On the mild side and at the very least...

If Obama loses liberals will again accuse Republicans of stealing the white house.

Deadwood
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I have a feeling Romney will win on the popular vote, but will lose on the electoral college.

So, with that, nothing will happen except the trolls in here will gloat for four years.

But it won't stop the liberal's favorite bleat:

It's Bush's Fault!!!

Venus
10-26-2012, 02:52 PM
On the more drastic side...

Liberals are already in a violent, destructive mood, this will increase as the election draws near and Obama's numbers continue downward.

oceanloverOH
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I have a feeling Romney will win on the popular vote, but will lose on the electoral college.

So, with that, nothing will happen except the trolls in here will gloat for four years.

But it won't stop the liberal's favorite bleat:

It's Bush's Fault!!!

Sadly, I agree with you on the popular vote vs. electoral college.

coolwalker
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Sadly, I agree with you on the popular vote vs. electoral college.

I also agree, but I do see a slight chance for the electoral college to swing to Romney and it hinges on my state, Virginia and one more, Ohio. My feeling is that Virginia will eek out the votes for Romney, but by no more that 1/2%. Ohio is in a dead heat. If Romney does get the ec nod, Obama will go nuts with a capital N.

Calypso Jones
10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Central and southwest virginia may just pull Virginia's butt outta the fire. We CAN do it cause we've done it before.

Canadianeye
10-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Without all our usual ti-rates, what do you really think will happen the day after the election, and days ensuing when Obama loses the election...and, do you think there will be a political monkey wrench thrown in the works?

OWS that was union inspired and directly supported, already have their havoc planned when Obama loses. Black Bloc I imagine already has something planned. Anonymous/Anarchists probably have something cooked up as well. The media will pick any black faces out those involved and foist the argument of it isn't racial...or is it racial, adnauseum.

These groups only seek disruption and a with heavy media presence, racial ignitor and heightened political tensions of this election...it is absolutely the perfect timing for them.

I give it about 65% chance the black youth community will actually go out and riot, in LA, Chicago and Detroit.

KC
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
OWS that was union inspired and directly supported, already have their havoc planned when Obama loses. Black Bloc I imagine already has something planned. Anonymous/Anarchists probably have something cooked up as well. The media will pick any black faces out those involved and foist the argument of it isn't racial...or is it racial, adnauseum.

These groups only seek disruption and a with heavy media presence, racial ignitor and heightened political tensions of this election...it is absolutely the perfect timing for them.

I give it about 65% chance the black youth community will actually go out and riot, in LA, Chicago and Detroit.

Anonymous generally tends to oppose Obama and Romney, as far as I can tell.

Larry Dickman
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I also agree, but I do see a slight chance for the electoral college to swing to Romney and it hinges on my state, Virginia and one more, Ohio. My feeling is that Virginia will eek out the votes for Romney, but by no more that 1/2%. Ohio is in a dead heat. If Romney does get the ec nod, Obama will go nuts with a capital N.

I disagree with all three of you. Romney will win, the question is, by how much.

coolwalker
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Central and southwest virginia may just pull Virginia's butt outta the fire. We CAN do it cause we've done it before.

Hey man, I just noticed you're from Shenandoah...do you know where there is a really big castle there on a ridge owned by the Scott Tissue people? I've been there a few times when my wife and I took our band there (now retired from music) and that place was enormous and majorly cool. The entrance way(or hall) was square and measured 100x100 feet, no shit! There were 57 guest rooms...we played a private party that lasted four days each time and reading your post reminded me of it. I remember I kept putting my drinks on a sea chest and come to find out it was owned by Captain Kidd. There were original Rembrandt paintings there...what an impressive place!

Back to the original post...it will be up to ya'll to pull our commonwealth through because up north they are solid Obama because of so many red dots and beaners.

Canadianeye
10-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Anonymous generally tends to oppose Obama and Romney, as far as I can tell.

I disagree. They operate on the ideological leftist branch of radical activism....unless you screw with the regulatory rules regarding the internet, SOPA etc.

Canadianeye
10-26-2012, 03:55 PM
I disagree with all three of you. Romney will win, the question is, by how much.

I am bordering on 98% certainty that Romney will win, EC and PV, and not by a squeaker.

The 2% doubt is for unknown variables regarding vote fraud.

Larry Dickman
10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I am bordering on 98% certainty that Romney will win, EC and PV, and not by a squeaker.

The 2% doubt is for unknown variables regarding vote fraud.

That I agree with which is why it can't be close. It needs to be a repudiation, an historic blowout.

KC
10-26-2012, 04:01 PM
I disagree. They operate on the ideological leftist branch of radical activism....unless you screw with the regulatory rules regarding the internet, SOPA etc.

They tend to be highly pro civil liberties and anti drone and anti war. They also tend to be very pro Ron Paul. They tend to oppose the status quo. All of those things would pit them against this President.
@Canadianeye (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=248)

This is what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfcs2QBw2PQ

Calypso Jones
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
That I agree with which is why it can't be close. It needs to be a repudiation, an historic blowout.

Gallop poll says Republicans are monumentally energized.

Calypso Jones
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey man, I just noticed you're from Shenandoah...do you know where there is a really big castle there on a ridge owned by the Scott Tissue people? I've been there a few times when my wife and I took our band there (now retired from music) and that place was enormous and majorly cool. The entrance way(or hall) was square and measured 100x100 feet, no shit! There were 57 guest rooms...we played a private party that lasted four days each time and reading your post reminded me of it. I remember I kept putting my drinks on a sea chest and come to find out it was owned by Captain Kidd. There were original Rembrandt paintings there...what an impressive place!

Back to the original post...it will be up to ya'll to pull our commonwealth through because up north they are solid Obama because of so many red dots and beaners.

sorry. not right off hand. You're not thinking of the Homestead are you?

Mainecoons
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM

You gotta overcome that big government "worker" vote from the D.C. burbs. Those folks know who's looking out for them and it isn't the Republicans.

Canadianeye
10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
They tend to be highly pro civil liberties and anti drone and anti war. They also tend to be very pro Ron Paul. They tend to oppose the status quo. All of those things would pit them against this President.
@Canadianeye (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=248)

This is what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfcs2QBw2PQ

I've watched that before Kath, but thank you. You did note, they did not mention Obama by name (IIRC). I know they did in one threatening video actually directly say Obama.

I am not sure I want to get to far into this, but I believe they are ideologically towards the left, similar to say, the ACLU is not supposed to be ideologically towards the left, and they are most noteworthy of American civil liberties groups, and given the vast amount of those lawyers of the ACLU are liberals, well...they go left. Champion the little guy, corporations are "bad" or "wrong".

Anyways, it is a stale rabbit hole of constant debate that this would lead to. I think they are in a bit of quagmire I suppose. They have to attack the corporate machine, hate The Obama but not too directly, admire Ron Paul of the generally perceived as the enemy (R)ighty which limits the maximum yield impact of their target.

Beyond the point I made earlier, their attack (should Obama lose) would release them from some of the quagmire. Romney is more palatable to them, vs Obama, in my opinion.

Deadwood
10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I've watched that before Kath, but thank you. You did note, they did not mention Obama by name (IIRC). I know they did in one threatening video actually directly say Obama.

I am not sure I want to get to far into this, but I believe they are ideologically towards the left, similar to say, the ACLU is not supposed to be ideologically towards the left, and they are most noteworthy of American civil liberties groups, and given the vast amount of those lawyers of the ACLU are liberals, well...they go left. Champion the little guy, corporations are "bad" or "wrong".

Anyways, it is a stale rabbit hole of constant debate that this would lead to. I think they are in a bit of quagmire I suppose. They have to attack the corporate machine, hate The Obama but not too directly, admire Ron Paul of the generally perceived as the enemy (R)ighty which limits the maximum yield impact of their target.

Beyond the point I made earlier, their attack (should Obama lose) would release them from some of the quagmire. Romney is more palatable to them, vs Obama, in my opinion.

They are left. There is no doubt about that. Idealists.

They will tolerate Obama, but will attack Romney and disrupt as much as they can.

KC
10-26-2012, 09:34 PM

I don't dispute that they are left. But they do emphasize SOPA, PIPA, the NDAA, Gitmo, drone targeting, the growing police state and the attack on civil liberties quite a bit. If these are their priorities, it doesn't make sense for them to support this President.

If they dislike Romney even more, it is because he is a little more conservative economically. That I could see. However if the police state truly is their enemy, as they seem to claim, it wouldn't make sense for them to like either candidate.