PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Trump

AZ Jim
02-15-2017, 11:41 AM
I don't know where it's going but right now America is stalled due to Donald J. Trump. I am curious as to what some of you feel the problem and solution is. I see Trump as the downed tree on the road that will stop the reelection of many republicans at midterms. So what will happen? With the average American uncomfortable with Trump and the republicans being dragged down by him, something has to happen. If you have a thought on the subject, please share it. If you just want to troll the thread pass it by.

Chris
02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
To me the whole thing can be summed up in the following words from Dylan's "Ballad of a Thin Man":

Because something is happening here
But you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?

Something has happened outside the normal left/right, Rep/Dem ordering of things and nobody is really quite sure what it is yet, but the partisans keeps fighting their partisan fight anyhow.

Everytime I look the stock market keeps climbing.

AZ Jim
02-15-2017, 11:55 AM
To me the whole thing can be summed up in the following words from Dylan's "Ballad of a Thin Man":

Do you, Mister Jones?

Something has happened outside the normal left/right, Rep/Dem ordering of things and nobody is really quite sure what it is yet, but the partisans keeps fighting their partisan fight anyhow.

Everytime I look the stock market keeps climbing.I do not view the stock market as a barometer of our well being. I see this as a pressure cooker situation and if the fire under it stays lit, it's going to blow. In what form might that come, I don't know.

Chris
02-15-2017, 11:56 AM
I do not view the stock market as a barometer of our well being. I see this as a pressure cooker situation and if the fire under it stays lit, it's going to blow. In what form might that come, I don't know.

What measure do you use? What meter?

AZ Jim
02-15-2017, 12:00 PM
What measure do you use? What meter?This board could be one. The news another. I see the stock market as only rising due to the corporations, big investors in it for the lessening of regulations going down that protect the little guy including the latest moves on dropping Dodd-Franks.

jimmyz
02-15-2017, 12:01 PM
The fear and loathing in the leftisphere is a mental condition in and of itself. I don't have a cure for you AZ Jim other than possibly taking an anti-depressant. Your grief is unfortunate because so many applaud the Trump phenomenon.

Beevee
02-15-2017, 12:03 PM

Do you, Mister Jones?

Everytime I look the stock market keeps climbing.

Pride comes before a fall.

Chris
02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
The fear and loathing in the leftisphere is a mental condition in and of itself. I don't have a cure for you AZ Jim other than possibly taking an anti-depressant. Your grief is unfortunate because so many applaud the Trump phenomenon.

Answer without veering into personal insult.

Chris
02-15-2017, 12:14 PM

Partisan pride.

FindersKeepers
02-15-2017, 01:42 PM
I don't know where it's going but right now America is stalled due to Donald J. Trump. I am curious as to what some of you feel the problem and solution is. I see Trump as the downed tree on the road that will stop the reelection of many republicans at midterms. So what will happen? With the average American uncomfortable with Trump and the republicans being dragged down by him, something has to happen. If you have a thought on the subject, please share it. If you just want to troll the thread pass it by.

I don't think we're stalled. IMF head, Christine Lagarde, has expressly said that Trump's investment in infrastructure should boost the US economy, and retails sales soared in January.

But, more importantly, I don't think the average American is paying much attention. I don't think the posters here fairly represent the interest in American politics. We like it -- that's why we're here. A majority of other folks would rather have a root canal than stress over politics.

The midterms could turn toward the dems -- that would not be unprecedented. A similar thing happened both terms under Obama. The pendulum forever swings from one side to the other. Nothing is permanent, whether we like it or hate it. Everything changes.

The majority of Americans are more interested in what to make for dinner tonight, or whether Billy's teacher is picking on him. Or, they're preparing for a job interview. Most of them trust in the continuity of their lives. When I'm doing business in town, I rarely hear anything about Trump. I hear about business, family concerns, local initiatives and just run-of-the-mill ordinary topics. I haven't seen anyone that's doing something differently now than before because of Trump.

I think we'll continue to plod along as a nation.

FindersKeepers
02-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Pride can also precede a victory.

Poor strategy more likely precedes a fall.

DGUtley
02-15-2017, 01:50 PM

The partisan Democrats have made it their mission to destroy his presidency -- solely so that they can say 'I told you so'. Not obstruct. Not slow down. Not interfere or play the worthy opposition. Destroy it. If they take down our institutions or damage our country, then so be it -- it's ok with these folks. What I've seen on TV out of the mouths of Democrats and the actions is the worst I've ever seen. I can tell you that the 'ma and pa small town' people in the towns and villages of Ohio and PA that I've visited in the past three weeks (what I would call Average Americans) that I talk to are livid - extremely livid -- at what the D's are doing and are hellbent on punishing them in 2018. This won't end well for Democrats in 2018. The people outside of Califonewyorkicago spoke loud and clear. They will redouble their efforts and pour out to vote Republican in 18.

Safety
02-15-2017, 02:25 PM
The partisan Democrats have made it their mission to destroy his presidency -- solely so that they can say 'I told you so'. Not obstruct. Not slow down. Not interfere or play the worthy opposition. Destroy it. If they take down our institutions or damage our country, then so be it -- it's ok with these folks. What I've seen on TV out of the mouths of Democrats and the actions is the worst I've ever seen. I can tell you that the 'ma and pa small town' people in the towns and villages of Ohio and PA that I've visited in the past three weeks (what I would call Average Americans) that I talk to are livid - extremely livid -- at what the D's are doing and are hellbent on punishing them in 2018. This won't end well for Democrats in 2018. The people outside of Califonewyorkicago spoke loud and clear. They will redouble their efforts and pour out to vote Republican in 18.

So, in other words, basically they are doing what the right tried to do to Obama, but Obama was too intelligent for them to succeed?

Beevee
02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Pride can also precede a victory.

Poor strategy more likely precedes a fall.

Like being in love with Wiki leaks but not being enamored with White House strategy leaks?
Bloody hypocrite.

AZ Jim
02-15-2017, 02:37 PM
The partisan Democrats have made it their mission to destroy his presidency -- solely so that they can say 'I told you so'. Not obstruct. Not slow down. Not interfere or play the worthy opposition. Destroy it. If they take down our institutions or damage our country, then so be it -- it's ok with these folks. What I've seen on TV out of the mouths of Democrats and the actions is the worst I've ever seen. I can tell you that the 'ma and pa small town' people in the towns and villages of Ohio and PA that I've visited in the past three weeks (what I would call Average Americans) that I talk to are livid - extremely livid -- at what the D's are doing and are hellbent on punishing them in 2018. This won't end well for Democrats in 2018. The people outside of Califonewyorkicago spoke loud and clear. They will redouble their efforts and pour out to vote Republican in 18.I would argue it is HE who has destroyed his presidency*. PS Since you and all the cons on this board are partisans, you should abandon that theme. We will see who is more outraged in the not too distant future. I am amazed at your posture in view of what trump has done and is continuing to do. Stealing the election was bad enough but selling out to the Russians to do it? We will see.

Chris
02-15-2017, 02:43 PM

It's also a tu quoque revenge! Reps did it so now we're going to. Nothing else explains why Dems would reject a populist progressive--many liked Sanders.

Cletus
02-15-2017, 02:46 PM

America stalled because of Trump?

Where do you get this nonsense?

Captain Obvious
02-15-2017, 03:16 PM
America stalled because of Trump?

Where do you get this nonsense?

I'm pretty sure he means "the destruction of America is stalled because of Trump"

DGUtley
02-15-2017, 03:20 PM
So, in other words, basically they are doing what the right tried to do to Obama, but Obama was too intelligent for them to succeed?

I think this is so way over the top. Remember, R's have a tendency to take D's actions and make them work better. The next D President will see this in multiples.

I would argue it is HE who has destroyed his presidency*. PS Since you and all the cons on this board are partisans, you should abandon that theme. We will see who is more outraged in the not too distant future. I am amazed at your posture in view of what trump has done and is continuing to do. Stealing the election was bad enough but selling out to the Russians to do it? We will see.

Poof!! I don't know what you think Trump has done that you've made up in your mind. We'll see soon enough. The irrelevant people are angry at you guys. Flat out angry.

AZ Jim
02-15-2017, 03:39 PM
I think this is so way over the top. Remember, R's have a tendency to take D's actions and make them work better. The next D President will see this in multiples.

Poof!! I don't know what you think Trump has done that you've made up in your mind. We'll see soon enough. The irrelevant people are angry at you guys. Flat out angry.Like I said wait till the "irrelevant" people will be heard and we'll see what posture they take.

Standing Wolf
02-15-2017, 03:40 PM

Blaming "the partisan Democrats" every time the ongoing or historical incompetence, arrogant cluelessness or potential criminality of Trump or some member of his inner circle is revealed is the pinnacle of laziness. Trump's downfall, when it happens, will be on his head and pretty much his head alone. If all his supporters can do, at this point, is to rail about "the partisan Democrats" and not even attempt to engage in a rational, objective discussion of the issues involved...never giving the least credence to the possibility that their Dear Leader - shades of Kim Jong Un! - might be incompetent to fulfill the duties of his office...that's a sad, sad commentary on the state of partisan Republicans in America.

Safety
02-15-2017, 03:41 PM

That's just it, the R's tried everything they could think of, and he was still one step ahead of them. I guess it helps to be prepared for shenanigans going into the position.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 04:08 PM
If this continues blood will be spilled.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Blaming "the partisan Democrats" every time the ongoing or historical incompetence, arrogant cluelessness or potential criminality of Trump or some member of his inner circle is revealed is the pinnacle of laziness. Trump's downfall, when it happens, will be on his head and pretty much his head alone. If all his supporters can do, at this point, is to rail about "the partisan Democrats" and not even attempt to engage in a rational, objective discussion of the issues involved...never giving the least credence to the possibility that their Dear Leader - shades of Kim Jong Un! - might be incompetent to fulfill the duties of his office...that's a sad, sad commentary on the state of partisan Republicans in America.
I love your sense of humor.

Let's all decide to look back on this in eight years and just have a good laugh.

Beevee
02-15-2017, 04:17 PM
I love your sense of humor.

Let's all decide to look back on this in eight years and just have a good laugh.

Anyone with intelligence is laughing now. That Republicans cannot see the ludicrous situation for what it is, is an indictment on them.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Anyone with intelligence is laughing now. That Republicans cannot see the ludicrous situation for what it is, is an indictment on them.
Okay. That was clever. You are not American but you are un-American just like the left here.

Things are going to be fine here. Good. Great perhaps. You will continue to live in a second-class nation, living a second class leftist life. And you will be jealous. It works for me.

Now back to my wine.

Cletus
02-15-2017, 04:23 PM

Okay. Let's give it a try.

What are the "issues involved, as you see them?

Peter1469
02-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Right track wrong track polling: (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/right_direction_wrong_track_feb13) 45% right track.

DGUtley
02-15-2017, 05:23 PM

I would agree to your description of the pinnacle of laziness (thank you) if there actually was some real "ongoing or historical incompetence, arrogant cluelessness or potential criminality of Trump or some member of his inner circle revealed". I can't speak to the Flynn matter as I haven't followed it. It does seem to me that the D's have gone over the edge and he hasn't really done anything that he didn't say he was going to do. I understand that the D's are upset about the stay of immigration. I agree it was handled clumsily and I didn't like the green card exclusion either but I think the 9th is wrong. I get you guys don't want it, but it's going to happen -- elections have consequences as Obama told us.

So...., engaging in rational factual non-emotional non-media made-up or driven discussion, what's the ongoing or historical incompetence, arrogant cluelessness or potential criminality of Trump or some member of his inner circle that has been revealed"? What has he done that's incompetent -- not something you disagree with, that's not the standard -- but something historically incompetent. Not that you don't like him, that's not the standard either -- but something historically incompetent as you said. HISTORICALLY INCOMPETENT.

FindersKeepers
02-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Like being in love with Wiki leaks but not being enamored with White House strategy leaks?
Bloody hypocrite.

You don't have to call names. We can discuss issues without that, can't we?

I'm not "in love" with Wikileaks, but I'm glad nothing was targeted of national importance. It was all personal stuff.

Which White House strategy leaks are you talking about? The suspected ones recently? Or, the ones that came out of the Obama Administration concerning Syria? I don't like any of our intel being leaked.

Beevee
02-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Okay. That was clever. You are not American but you are un-American just like the left here.

Things are going to be fine here. Good. Great perhaps. You will continue to live in a second-class nation, living a second class leftist life. And you will be jealous. It works for me.

Now back to my wine.

I would rather be a second class citizen in Canada than a dead one in America.

P.S. The correct spelling is whine.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 05:42 PM

Now back to my wine.

I would rather be a second class citizen in Canada than a dead one in America.
Either option works for me.
P.S. The correct spelling is whine.
No. Wine. I just finished bottling the last three gallons of Peach wine. That makes twelve gallons bottled today. I may drop down to six gallons per day for the next few days. Then to five gallons as I complete the four or five remaining 5-gallon carboys.

FindersKeepers
02-15-2017, 05:44 PM

Blaming the partisan democrats for everything is over the top, but what we're seeing is unprecedented. Granted Trump is a big clumsy oaf that trips over his words and shoots his mouth off when he should be biting his tongue, but he's done nothing to incur the wrath of women who dress like vaginas or the media that is launching attack after attack.

Newspaper out of Sacramento just reported the other day that Trump refused aid to CA to help out with the displaced people due to the spillway danger. The paper ran an entire piece on how Trump said the govt. would not help them because they supported sanctuary cities. Just a complete lie, but not a surprising one -- this stuff is vicious.

It's okay to go after Trump for the things he screws up -- that's all well and fine -- but the fabrications need to stop.

Safety
02-15-2017, 06:10 PM

Now back to my wine.

wine whine. Fixed it for you.

Beevee
02-15-2017, 06:20 PM

Now back to my wine.

Either option works for me.
No. Wine. I just finished bottling the last three gallons of Peach wine. That makes twelve gallons bottled today. I may drop down to six gallons per day for the next few days. Then to five gallons as I complete the four or five remaining 5-gallon carboys.

No. I was correct but it's now apparent, for the wrong reason. But you have adequately explained that it's the wine that makes you whine. Obviously you are continually brewing it in an attempt to reach a posting level close to below average.

Safety
02-15-2017, 06:20 PM

I'm not "in love" with Wikileaks, but I'm glad nothing was targeted of national importance. It was all personal stuff.

Which White House strategy leaks are you talking about? The suspected ones recently? Or, the ones that came out of the Obama Administration concerning Syria? I don't like any of our intel being leaked.

Well, you may not have loved wikileaks, but there were many, many here who was anticipating every release like kids waiting on presents for christmas. And some of those very members, held Snowden to a high regard for showing us what the government was doing. Don't you think for those folks, it's good to know when someone is talking with another sovereign nation that could influence our elections? Because today, it seems that those people are so partisan, that they think the leak about Russia is not good, but any leak under Obama was most awesome. Why is that?

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 06:22 PM
If I meant whine I would have written whine.

I meant wine. Twelve gallons bottled today.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 06:24 PM
No. I was correct but it's now apparent, for the wrong reason. But you have adequately explained that it's the wine that makes you whine. Obviously you are continually brewing it in an attempt to reach a posting level close to below average.
I actually laughed out loud.

This wine was aging in carboys. Most of what I bottled was between two and three years old. Even the dregs were good. Although the peach wine was a bit weak. I can mix it with a chardonnay.

Beevee
02-15-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm sure you are attempting to have me suggest you are pickled but I wouldn't do that without the sanction of a mod.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Well, you may not have loved wikileaks, but there were many, many here who was anticipating every release like kids waiting on presents for christmas. And some of those very members, held Snowden to a high regard for showing us what the government was doing. Don't you think for those folks, it's good to know when someone is talking with another sovereign nation that could influence our elections? Because today, it seems that those people are so partisan, that they think the leak about Russia is not good, but any leak under Obama was most awesome. Why is that?
The left media did far more harm than Russia ever could.

Safety
02-15-2017, 06:26 PM
The left media did far more harm than Russia ever could.

:rofl: that's exactly how a partisan would answer.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm sure you are attempting to have me suggest you are pickled but I wouldn't do that without the sanction of a mod.
Four glasses over eight hours is more than I usually drink but not enough to have a negative effect. I suspect I post far better drunk than you do sober.

MisterVeritis
02-15-2017, 06:27 PM
:rofl: that's exactly how a partisan would answer.
I am sure you meant American.

Chris
02-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Closing thread for moderation of rule 11...

Adelaide
02-16-2017, 07:28 AM

Now back to my wine.

Safety, Beevee, and MisterVeritis have all been thread banned. This is OTSS. Do not insult each other or drag threads off topic discussing one another. Not the topic.

Re-opening this thread - Follow the rules or you will be moderated.

DGUtley
02-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Conduct like this will kill this forum by driving many of us away.....

Peter1469
02-16-2017, 09:41 AM

Hopefully an expanded OtSS can control it. The lighter side is open for more latitude in member interactions.

AZ Jim
02-16-2017, 01:36 PM

Which White House strategy leaks are you talking about? The suspected ones recently? Or, the ones that came out of the Obama Administration concerning Syria? I don't like any of our intel being leaked.Hypocrite is not name calling it's a description and it is usually a good fit.

Chris
02-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Topic's Trump, folks.

Cletus
02-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Are you talking about the bickering or the moderation?

Oh, wait... you are not allowed to talk about the moderation, so it must be the bickering. :grin:

TB for rule 11 violation.