PDA

View Full Version : Felony: Flynn in FBI interview denied discussing sanctions with Russian ambassador

Bethere
02-16-2017, 03:52 PM
The plot thickens.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/flynn-in-fbi-interview-denied-discussing-sanctions-with-russian-ambassador/2017/02/16/e3e1e16a-f3d5-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html%3Futm_term%3D.d70e8154eae5&ved=0ahUKEwjU4-qMzZXSAhVBKyYKHXylDOMQhlQIHjAB&usg=AFQjCNHMipGTwfVLNzkRKBabao9pveuZAw

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn denied to FBI agents in an interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador to the United States before President Trump took office, contradicting the contents of intercepted communications collected by intelligence agencies, current and former U.S. officials said.
The Jan. 24 interview potentially puts Flynn in legal jeopardy, as lying to the FBI is a felony, but any decision to prosecute would ultimately lie with the Justice Department. Some officials said bringing a case could prove difficult in part because Flynn may attempt to parse the definition of sanctions.

Peter1469
02-16-2017, 03:56 PM
If he lied to the FBI he is in deep shit.

Don
02-16-2017, 03:59 PM
Didn't Hillary Clinton lie to the FBI during an interview?

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:09 PM

No. Having said that, please don't hijack my brand new thread.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/james-comey-clinton-not-lie-fbi-225212&ved=0ahUKEwiW9tXe0ZXSAhUIOiYKHaIbDpAQFghXMAU&usg=AFQjCNGutuSDrZzMqs7G2YTKBJlfeMvc1Q

Comey: Clinton did not lie to the FBI

"We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI," Comey told House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) during one of the hearing's opening exchanges.

texan
02-16-2017, 04:10 PM

In an "interview?" LOL

MisterVeritis
02-16-2017, 04:12 PM
If he lied to the FBI he is in deep shit.
Then it is time to release the transcript. The intelligence source and method has already been burned.

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:15 PM
If he lied to the FBI he is in deep $#@!.

Indeed. Will sessions allow prosecution?

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Then it is time to release the transcript. The intelligence source and method has already been burned.

You don't know that, but sure, I'd love to see the transcript.

The gop plan is to bury it in secret committee hearings in congress.

MisterVeritis
02-16-2017, 04:28 PM
You don't know that, but sure, I'd love to see the transcript.
The gop plan is to bury it in secret committee hearings in congress.
Of course, it has been burned. The Russians know when the conversations took place. They know what device(s) the ambassador was using. Given those plus the leaks, they have enough to determine how we collected against them.

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Of course, it has been burned. The Russians know when the conversations took place. They know what device(s) the ambassador was using. Given those plus the leaks, they have enough to determine how we collected against them.

They are pros. It's obvious that they are blackmailing trump and the rnc.

del
02-16-2017, 04:32 PM

yeah, they were probably completely in the dark before this.

they'll probably go back to carrier pigeons

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:33 PM

Or little orphan annie ovaltine decoder rings.

MisterVeritis
02-16-2017, 04:35 PM
they are pros. It's obvious that they are blackmailing trump and the rnc.
lol.

MisterVeritis
02-16-2017, 04:37 PM

I know way more about this than you do. Strategic SIGINT was one of my specialties. 35G.

del
02-16-2017, 04:38 PM
I know way more about this than you do. Strategic SIGINT was one of my specialties. 35G.
i'm sure it was.

run along

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:40 PM

Share. Tell us more, please.

Bethere
02-16-2017, 04:44 PM
lol.

The thing that should concern all is that 17 days after trump was informed about his vulnerability to blackmail, this flynn clown was still reading the presidential daily briefing.