PDA

View Full Version : State Department Purge?

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Much of seventh-floor staff, who work for the Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources and the Counselor offices, were told today that their services were no longer needed. These staffers in particular are often the conduit between the secretary’s office to the country bureaus, where the regional expertise is centered. Inside the State Department, some officials fear that this is a politically-minded purge that cuts out much-needed expertise from the policy-making, rather than simply reorganizing the bureaucracy.

State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-dept-layoffs-under-rex-tillerson-being-carried-out/)

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Negative spin on Tillerson doing what he has every right to do?

Shocker.

Cannons Front
02-17-2017, 07:39 AM
"some officials fear that this is a politically-minded purge that cuts out much-needed expertise from the policy-making, rather than simply reorganizing the bureaucracy."

Or it could be simply reorganizing the bureaucracy.........

EVERY federal agency has fat that they can trim, now if you trim to much or the wrong place it could have horrible results but that is a wait and see thing. The State Dept has been a hot mess for years (even before Obama) and needs an over hall, We will have to see if changes made are the right ones.

Adelaide
02-17-2017, 08:03 AM
If true, Trump/Rex had better have a plan that can be implemented immediately. Otherwise, this is another example of recklessness on the administration's part.

Peter1469
02-17-2017, 03:51 PM
The 7th floor is for the important people. I suspect the Administration wants all of the Obama moles out.

donttread
02-17-2017, 05:10 PM
State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-dept-layoffs-under-rex-tillerson-being-carried-out/)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sounds like cutting layers of unneeded red tape to me.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 05:15 PM

Cutting fat is one thing, killing your brain trust is something else entirely. Remains to be seen which this is.

Mini Me
02-17-2017, 05:32 PM
This is like Stalin's purges, and soon there will be show trials! And we will have a Cheka to send dissidents to the Gulag!

the FEMA death camps await those who step out of line! Caskets seat three!

Beevee
02-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Actually this culling is a good idea. Replacements need to be real Americans who can do the job and use all of that wasted firepower.
Perhaps they should start with Canada so they can make room for all the illegals and Muslims presently presiding in the US.

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Cutting fat is one thing, killing your brain trust is something else entirely. Remains to be seen which this is.
It is Obama's brain trust. There is not much there. And every bit of it is un-American. Boot 'em.

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 06:48 PM
This is like Stalin's purges, and soon there will be show trials! And we will have a Cheka to send dissidents to the Gulag!
Between the bold print and the sheer idiocy, it is a wonder anybody reads any of the nonsense you write. Okay. It is amusing.

Cletus
02-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Any employee who cannot support Trump's foreign policy goals needs to go.

State Department employees (like CIA employees) tend to forget who is in charge. They need to be reminded from time to time.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 07:38 PM
It is Obama's brain trust. There is not much there. And every bit of it is un-American. Boot 'em.

When did it become ok to label everyone who disagrees with you as "unamerican?

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 07:41 PM

When it became true.

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Barack Hussein O is unamerican. Or anti-American if you prefer. The State Department has a very long history of being anti-American. I put two and two together and came up with four. You should try it some time.

Don
02-17-2017, 07:43 PM
If you look up the definition of "swamp" in the dictionary the U.S. state department should be listed. No other department needs as much wholesale cleaning out as that quagmire.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 07:44 PM
When it became true.

So only in your imagination then.

Cool

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Barack Hussein O is unamerican. Or anti-American if you prefer. The State Department has a very long history of being anti-American. I put two and two together and came up with four. You should try it some time.

So, America is anti-American.

Got it.

Don
02-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Between the bold print and the sheer idiocy, it is a wonder anybody reads any of the nonsense you write. Okay. It is amusing.

https://youtu.be/mzddAYYDZkk

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Got it.
It is clear to everyone but you that you have nothing. You do rank well among the clueless.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 08:49 PM
It is clear to everyone but you that you have nothing. You do rank well among the clueless.

Ok, I got nothing but you're the one who has to resort to insults and try to change the subject.

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Ok, I got nothing but you're the one who has to resort to insults and try to change the subject.
I cannot help your cluelessness. But I can point it out.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:17 PM
I cannot help your cluelessness. But I can point it out.

Cool, I'll let you know when to start ok?

You just wait over here for a while.

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:26 PM

Got it.

Sounds like something someone who hates America would say.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:27 PM
Sounds like something someone who hates America would say.

So does that^

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:29 PM
So does that^

:loco:

You've been roped, calf. Don't fight it. The ropes get tighter.

Peter1469
02-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Uh, no. They are firing people. Not charging them with fake crimes and holding kangaroo courts.

Peter1469
02-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Any employee who cannot support Trump's foreign policy goals needs to go.

State Department employees (like CIA employees) tend to forget who is in charge. They need to be reminded from time to time.
They also tend to forget who they are working for (the American taxpayer).

resister
02-17-2017, 09:32 PM
So does that^
Great comeback!!

Common Sense
02-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Clearing out the "deep state"?

:tinfoil:

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Clearing out the "deep state"?

:tinfoil:

You cannot discern the existence of such?

(don't worry, it's rhetorical)

Common Sense
02-17-2017, 09:35 PM
You cannot discern the existence of such?

(don't worry, it's rhetorical)
In the classic sense of the term, sure.

In the newly minted rightwing blogsphere version you're all regurgitating? Not so much.

Mini Me
02-17-2017, 09:39 PM
I do aim to amuse! Glad you liked it!

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:40 PM
In the classic sense of the term, sure.

In the newly minted rightwing blogsphere version you're all regurgitating? Not so much.

Do inform us on the specifically what you see distinguishing your 'deep state' notion from this "newly minted rightwing blogosphere" version that's being "regurgitated" here.

Please.

Mini Me
02-17-2017, 09:41 PM
God loved you so much, that's why he has a casket for you at the Fema camps!

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:48 PM
:loco:

You've been roped, calf. Don't fight it. The ropes get tighter.

Actually it is you who has fallen for the propaganda. Totally brainwashed.

Cigar
02-17-2017, 09:50 PM

Careful he'll tattle to Mommy ... :rollseyes:

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Actually it is you who has fallen for the propaganda. Totally brainwashed.

Convincing argument from someone who is routinely being battered in this forum with shallow arguments and regular deflections, including this one.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Great comeback!!

Actually it is, although I can understand that it is a bit over your head. I cannot imagine anything more unamerican than accusing my fellow citizens of being unamerican simply because they have a different vision for America than I do.

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Actually it is, although I can understand that it is a bit over your head. I cannot imagine anything more unamerican than accusing my fellow citizens of being unamerican simply because they have a different vision for America than I do.

Except you did just exactly that.

Common Sense
02-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Do inform us on the specifically what you see distinguishing your 'deep state' notion from this "newly minted rightwing blogosphere" version that's being "regurgitated" here.

Please.
OK. Well, Deep State traditionally refers to a country within a country. In American politics it has long been a term for the military industrial complex and power brokers. It borders on the tinfoil hat zone, but there is some truth that there is an infrastructure led by powerful people. But I digress...

Currently there is a trend among the right and alt right to co-opt the term and apply it to the media and anyone on the left with any sort of power. The term was hardly in use and never really used in reference to the media prior to outlets like Breitbart and the countless right wing news outlets called freedom this or patriot that. Now the term has suddenly appeared here and around the web as if it was some independent thought and not the regurgitation from the rightwing blogsphere that it is.

You'll tell me I'm wrong or say something about fake news...but don't you find it weird that the term was never really used here until recently?

Breitbart News Daily: Deep State Coup

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/02/14/breitbart-news-daily-deep-state-coup/

Breitbart News Daily: Deep State Leaks

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/02/15/breitbart-news-daily-deep-state-leaks/

Bill Kristol Backs ‘Deep State’ over President Trump, Republican Government

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/15/bill-kristol-backs-deep-state-president-trump-republican-government/

Gaffney: Media Encouraging Deep State to ‘Put the Worst Possible Gloss’ on Flynn Leaks

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/02/15/gaffney-media-encouraging-deep-stat-put-worst-possible-gloss-flynn-leaks/

Virgil: The Deep State Strikes Back: The Permanent Campaign Against Donald Trump

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/01/13/virgil-deep-state-strikes-back-permanent-campaign-donald-trump/

(that's not even the first page of a google search)

Some people think they are eagles...yet they really are just parrots.

Mini Me
02-17-2017, 09:54 PM
https://youtu.be/mzddAYYDZkk

Thats the best part of the movie.....when his arm goes ape shit! I still laugh at it!

But, yes, the good Doctor is stark raving mad! He loves the bomb!

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Convincing argument from someone who is routinely being battered in this forum with shallow arguments and regular deflections, including this one.

"Battered"?

Surely you aren't so delusional that you think you actually come out ahead whenever we clash?

You actually do don't you.

Oh that is rich! That's hilarious!

Lmao and lol and all that other stuff!!

And now I feel guilty, like I've been laughing at a retarded person without realizing they were.

Mister D
02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
OK. Well, Deep State traditionally refers to a country within a country. In American politics it has long been a term for the military industrial complex and power brokers. It borders on the tinfoil hat zone...

then...

but there is some truth that there is an infrastructure led by powerful people.

then...

but I digress...

No, you just make a fool of yourself. lol

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Except you did just exactly that.

No, I said the statement was unamerican.

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 10:02 PM
OK. Well, Deep State traditionally refers to a country within a country. In American politics it has long been a term for the military industrial complex and power brokers. It borders on the tinfoil hat zone, but there is some truth that there is an infrastructure led by powerful people. But I digress...

Currently there is a trend among the right and alt right to co-opt the term and apply it to the media and anyone on the left with any sort of power. The term was hardly in use and never really used in reference to the media prior to outlets like Breitbart and the countless right wing news outlets called freedom this or patriot that. Now the term has suddenly appeared here and around the web as if it was some independent thought and not the regurgitation from the rightwing blogsphere that it is.

You'll tell me I'm wrong or say something about fake news...but don't you find it weird that the term was never really used here until recently?

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/02/15/breitbart-news-daily-deep-state-leaks/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/15/bill-kristol-backs-deep-state-president-trump-republican-government/

Gaffney: Media Encouraging Deep State to ‘Put the Worst Possible Gloss’ on Flynn Leaks

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/02/15/gaffney-media-encouraging-deep-stat-put-worst-possible-gloss-flynn-leaks/

Virgil: The Deep State Strikes Back: The Permanent Campaign Against Donald Trump

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/01/13/virgil-deep-state-strikes-back-permanent-campaign-donald-trump/

Your argument is not compelling, because your use of a google search to pull up 'alt-right' cites of the term is not compelling. It appears to be the same power base being spoken of by both.

Or do you have a compelling case to make that some entity as powerful as a deep state - that you acknowledge as real, and simultaneously use a tin foil emoticon regarding - wouldn't have co-opted media sources, and just about everything else - in its continuing effort to consolidate power?

How are you able to distinguish that this 'traditional' deep state isn't controlled by the exact same hidden power structure being countered by people like me?

It is people like me rising up to counter it. You're certainly not doing any kind of a job with it, are you? Why would you use a term, after all, that so directly identifies an enemy with whom you are unwilling to do battle?

Subdermal
02-17-2017, 10:03 PM
No, I said the statement was unamerican.

No, you complained exactly in the same manner you accused me of complaining, because I trapped you into doing so.

Ropes are tight enough, Crepitus. You aren't anywhere near as smart or determined as me, thanks.

del
02-17-2017, 10:07 PM

yeah, it's like they've got jungle drums or something.

i guess it's a rwnj hive mind thing

MisterVeritis
02-17-2017, 10:23 PM
yeah, it's like they've got jungle drums or something.

i guess it's a rwnj hive mind thing
It took me three or four days of talking about the coup before it became the accepted way to talk about what is happening. I first mentioned the coup when Barack Hussein O was at the head of his regime. He nearly managed to steal the country from its owners. This coup is designed to complete the task by overturning the results of the election.

Common Sense
02-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Your argument is not compelling, because your use of a google search to pull up 'alt-right' cites of the term is not compelling. It appears to be the same power base being spoken of by both.

Or do you have a compelling case to make that some entity as powerful as a deep state - that you acknowledge as real, and simultaneously use a tin foil emoticon regarding - wouldn't have co-opted media sources, and just about everything else - in its continuing effort to consolidate power?

How are you able to distinguish that this 'traditional' deep state isn't controlled by the exact same hidden power structure being countered by people like me?

It is people like me rising up to counter it. You're certainly not doing any kind of a job with it, are you? Why would you use a term, after all, that so directly identifies an enemy with whom you are unwilling to do battle?

I proved my point, but I don't expect you to have the humility, honesty or acumen to admit that the term has been rebranded by right wing news sources.

Parrot away and think that you're actually thinking for yourself. Rise up and counter the demons. Slay them on message boards...you're saving America!

:rollseyes:

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 10:48 PM
No, you complained exactly in the same manner you accused me of complaining, because I trapped you into doing so.

Ropes are tight enough, Crepitus. You aren't anywhere near as smart or determined as me, thanks.

No, you are back to reading what you wish I had said instead of what I actually did. Your comprehension issues are not my fault.

Crepitus
02-17-2017, 10:53 PM
It took me three or four days of talking about the coup before it became the accepted way to talk about what is happening. I first mentioned the coup when Barack Hussein O was at the head of his regime. He nearly managed to steal the country from its owners. This coup is designed to complete the task by overturning the results of the election.

patrickt
02-18-2017, 06:13 AM
When your brain trusts are traitors who work against their country, it's a brain trust that only leftists would trust. They're entitlement babies who think they hold their job in perpetuity.

patrickt
02-18-2017, 06:14 AM

Projection much?
We still have the Bolsheviks plotting a shadow government to seize power they can't gain legally.

donttread
02-18-2017, 06:17 AM

"Brain trust" in a federal agency? I think we can pretty much rule that out.

Crepitus
02-18-2017, 09:54 AM
When your brain trusts are traitors who work against their country, it's a brain trust that only leftists would trust. They're entitlement babies who think they hold their job in perpetuity.

LMAO at "traitors who work against their country".

Especially coming from a fan of Putin's puppet.

Cletus
02-18-2017, 01:08 PM
LMAO at "traitors who work against their country".

The job of the State Department is to implement the foreign policy of the President. When it develops its own agenda, it has gone rogue and those responsible need to be removed.

The attitude that what the President wants doesn't really matter because he will be gone in 4 or 8 years is quite common among senior State Department bureaucrats. There is a widespread belief that they know what is best for the country and the President is not really all that important in developing and carrying out foreign policy. Those people need to be purged. The rank and file State Department employee is not the problem. It is the careerists who have ascended into positions of power who need to go.

Especially coming from a fan of Putin's puppet.

I am not even going to address this because it is just stupid.

MisterVeritis
02-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Trump still is. Your coup failed to bring him down. Now you are going to pay.

Crepitus
02-18-2017, 04:01 PM
The job of the State Department is to implement the foreign policy of the President. When it develops its own agenda, it has gone rogue and those responsible need to be removed.

The attitude that what the President wants doesn't really matter because he will be gone in 4 or 8 years is quite common among senior State Department bureaucrats. There is a widespread belief that they know what is best for the country and the President is not really all that important in developing and carrying out foreign policy. Those people need to be purged. The rank and file State Department employee is not the problem. It is the careerists who have ascended into positions of power who need to go.

I am not even going to address this because it is just stupid.

What was that? I'm sorry, I was still laughing about "traitors who work against their country".

Cletus
02-18-2017, 07:24 PM
What was that? I'm sorry, I was still laughing about "traitors who work against their country".

Well, read it again and if it is still giving you trouble, get a kid to read it and explain it to you.

Crepitus
02-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Well, read it again and if it is still giving you trouble, get a kid to read it and explain it to you.

Still laughing...

Cletus
02-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Still laughing...

Maybe that is why no one takes you seriously.

Ransom
02-19-2017, 06:32 AM
State Dept. carries out layoffs under Rex Tillerson (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-dept-layoffs-under-rex-tillerson-being-carried-out/)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Drain the swamp