PDA

View Full Version : Warning: The Lord's Prayer Before President Trump's Great Speech Yesterday

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 09:36 AM
First Lady Melania Trump delivered such a touching rendition of The Lord's Prayer yesterday, it brought a tear to my eye.

I do not know why but perhaps it is because America was snatched out of the hands of HiLIARy and Oblowme and put back in the hands of true Americans . . .the Patriots.

Of course the whole speech had me on the edge of my seat as he delivered to America exactly what needed to be said, WITHOUT THE SPIN OF THE CNN AND OTHERS making it how they wanted him to sound.

What was your favorite part?

Adelaide
02-19-2017, 09:41 AM

When I turned off the television.

His bloviating about the same things is getting old. He is really not a very good orator.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 09:47 AM

His bloviating about the same things is getting old. He is really not a very good orator.

At least President Trump has a goal. Oblowme on the other hand was a Christian one day and the next he was a mooslum. You know, the flavor of the day.

Your head exploded as the First Lady recited the Lord's Prayer didn't it?

rcfieldz
02-19-2017, 09:48 AM

Wha what? You're already tired of the great leader's self aggrandizing ways?

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 10:19 AM
It's just the same nonsense he's always carrying on about. Blaming everyone but himself and taking credit for crap he had nothing or very little to do with. He's trying desperately to cover for his failures.

resister
02-19-2017, 10:29 AM
At least President Trump has a goal. Oblowme on the other hand was a Christian one day and the next he was a mooslum. You know, the flavor of the day.

Don't forget when he wore a yamaka to a Jewish leaders funeral.
No self respecting mooslim would be caught dead in one of those!

Adelaide
02-19-2017, 10:30 AM

Can't bring myself to care about the prayer. Whatever knocks your socks off.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2017, 10:34 AM

I don't know if it's a partisan thing - to get kind of tired of listening to canned presidential rhetoric.

I couldn't take 3 seconds of teh O'bama's speeches. Especially when he tried to hard to emulate a black church pastor.

resister
02-19-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't know if it's a partisan thing - to get kind of tired of listening to canned presidential rhetoric.

I couldn't take 3 seconds of teh O'bama's speeches. Especially when he tried to hard to emulate a black church pastor.
Or switched into "ghetto mode". His speeches were terminally boring, when they did not piss me off!

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Can't bring myself to care about the prayer. Whatever knocks your socks off.

That is the problem with progs. They do not give a zhit about the fundamentals of what America was (whether you want to believe it or not) founded upon.

del
02-19-2017, 10:51 AM
That is the problem with progs. They do not give a zhit about the fundamentals of what America was (whether you want to believe it or not) founded upon.
america wasn't founded on the lord's prayer.

that's the problem with cons- they know no history, only fairy tales

gamewell45
02-19-2017, 10:56 AM
First Lady Melania Trump delivered such a touching rendition of The Lord's Prayer yesterday, it brought a tear to my eye.

I do not know why but perhaps it is because America was snatched out of the hands of HiLIARy and Oblowme and put back in the hands of true Americans . . .the Patriots.

Of course the whole speech had me on the edge of my seat as he delivered to America exactly what needed to be said, WITHOUT THE SPIN OF THE CNN AND OTHERS making it how they wanted him to sound.

The part where I switched off the program to watch some re-runs of The Mister Ed Show.

AZ Jim
02-19-2017, 10:57 AM
The only place I want to see trump is in a comic strip.

del
02-19-2017, 10:58 AM
The part where I switched off the program to watch some re-runs of The Mister Ed Show.

oh, wilbur

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:13 AM

I didn't say it was founded on "The Lord's Prayer". Obviously reading comprehension is like a foreign language to you.

I said America was founded upon those leaving religious prosecution. Get with the program or go home.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:13 AM

You guys do realize that freedom from government religion is what drove most of the original colonists here right?

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:15 AM

Yes, when the brain needs stimulating, you switch to Mr. Ed.

Brilliant. I would expect that from someone sitting in mom's basement playing video games on Playstation 4.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:18 AM
You guys do realize that freedom from government religion is what drove most of the original colonists here right?

Obviously they do not understand that concept. History, especially US History is no longer taught in schools.

"How to Legally Defy Lawful Commands" along with "Blocking Traffic on U.S. Interstates" is very popular in school curriculum these days.

del
02-19-2017, 11:18 AM

I didn't say it was founded on "The Lord's Prayer". Obviously reading comprehension is like a foreign language to you.

I said America was founded upon those leaving religious prosecution. Get with the program or go home.

nowhere did you say that.

if you can't communicate effectively, don't blame your audience.

personal responsibility, my friend

FindersKeepers
02-19-2017, 11:22 AM

I'm opposed to a forced government religion as well, but the First Lady saying a prayer doesn't harm me. I can listen if I so choose, or I can change the channel or mute the TV. No one's forcing me to participate in Christianity, after all. And, I can speak out against it and not risk being killed like those poor souls in Muslim nations that deny Islam.

We have a pretty good set up here.

I don't feel the need to take away the First Lady's right to worship as she pleases in order to feel good about myself, after all.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:23 AM
nowhere did you say that.

if you can't communicate effectively, don't blame your audience.

personal responsibility, my friend

I said that America was founded on those principles. It is not my fault that your knowledge of US History is so small and inconsequential to you. Everyone knows that the very first people to settle in this great land were fleeing religious persecution.

Are you that clueless? Perhaps reading a US History book from a second grade class would help. Oh wait, do they even make those anymore? Perhaps a library could help you.

Common
02-19-2017, 11:23 AM
It's just the same nonsense he's always carrying on about. Blaming everyone but himself and taking credit for crap he had nothing or very little to do with. He's trying desperately to cover for his failures.

Yeah obama always accepted blame for what he did lol

Chris
02-19-2017, 11:26 AM

He's basically a used car salesman.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 11:28 AM

Then why did the North Eastern colonies and later states have official religions?

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm opposed to a forced government religion as well, but the First Lady saying a prayer doesn't harm me. I can listen if I so choose, or I can change the channel or mute the TV. No one's forcing me to participate in Christianity, after all. And, I can speak out against it and not risk being killed like those poor souls in Muslim nations that deny Islam.

We have a pretty good set up here.

I don't feel the need to take away the First Lady's right to worship as she pleases in order to feel good about myself, after all.

The first lady (and everyone else for that matter) is free to have whatever religious views she chooses. That's the whole point. America is a secular nation, with a secular government, and religious freedom for all citizens.

Melania Trump reciting the lords prayer does not upset me at all. What's-his-name from the OP claiming that's what the nation was founded on does.

gamewell45
02-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Yes, when the brain needs stimulating, you switch to Mr. Ed.

Brilliant. I would expect that from someone sitting in mom's basement playing video games on Playstation 4.

Highly unlikely since most people who play video games on playstation 4 are quite a bit younger than I am. However since watching Trump on television is about as interesting as watching a fly crawl up a drape, yes Mr. Ed is quite a bit more stimulating and entertaining.

That being said, if you enjoy being entertained by outright lies, half-truths and chest pounding bravado from a 70 year old misogynistic, egotistical businessman, then you'll be in your zone which you appear to be (at least to me) so enjoy your entertainment. Me, i'll be entertained by Wilbur & Mr. Ed. :)

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Then why did the North Eastern colonies and later states have official religions?

I have often wondered why they fled one to start another. Fortunately wiser heads prevailed in the end.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 11:39 AM
I have often wondered why they fled one to start another. Fortunately wiser heads prevailed in the end.

Because they wanted their religion. State religions lasted fairly long past the Constitution- which only dealt with national churches.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Because they wanted their religion. State religions lasted fairly long past the Constitution- which only dealt with national churches.

Rhetorical type question Pete. I understand their reasoning, it just doesn't make sense to me.

As previously mentioned, fortunately wiser heads prevailed in the end.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Rhetorical type question Pete. I understand their reasoning, it just doesn't make sense to me.

As previously mentioned, fortunately wiser heads prevailed in the end.

I really do not know the history of how they went away. I suppose the population grew enough that the core group that created the state religion (and their offspring) got out voted.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:47 AM
I really do not know the history of how they went away. I suppose the population grew enough that the core group that created the state religion (and their offspring) got out voted.

I don't either but that certainly sounds reasonable.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Highly unlikely since most people who play video games on playstation 4 are quite a bit younger than I am. However since watching Trump on television is about as interesting as watching a fly crawl up a drape, yes Mr. Ed is quite a bit more stimulating and entertaining.

That being said, if you enjoy being entertained by outright lies, half-truths and chest pounding bravado from a 70 year old misogynistic, egotistical businessman, then you'll be in your zone which you appear to be (at least to me) so enjoy your entertainment. Me, i'll be entertained by Wilbur & Mr. Ed. :)

Misogynistic . . . :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Trump . . . misogynistic? Ha . . . he has more women on the payroll then you could ever dream of in your wet dreams.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 11:56 AM
He's basically a used car salesman.

And one that made billions selling them. More profitable than your purveyance.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 12:01 PM

:yawn:

gamewell45
02-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Misogynistic . . . :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Trump . . . misogynistic? Ha . . . he has more women on the payroll then you could ever dream of in your wet dreams.

Shady, no need to be snarky with me; that'll get you nowhere in any discussion/debate with me. You understand?

Ethereal
02-19-2017, 12:14 PM

Neither does Trump. I don't think he knows the difference between the Federalist Papers and Federal Express. He's just a utilitarian who wants to run the US government like his own personal business. He has no guiding principles or philosophy and probably knows next-to-nothing about the US Constitution. His only appeal is being anti-PC and causing the mask to slip from the oligarchic ruling class. He's a fly in the ointment, not an American prophet.

Ethereal
02-19-2017, 12:17 PM
Freedom from state churches, among other things. But they did not completely divorce religion and politics. Washington, Adams, and Jefferson all made references to America's Christian identity in their inaugurals, for example.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 12:27 PM
And one that made billions selling them. More profitable than your purveyance.

Just because he made millions being a scumbag liar doesn't mean it's ok to be a scumbag liar.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 12:28 PM

Oh good grief. He's fucking been President for 4 weeks. Failures. Get real.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Freedom from state churches, among other things. But they did not completely divorce religion and politics. Washington, Adams, and Jefferson all made references to America's Christian identity in their inaugurals, for example.

That was their personal belief. Others had different ones. That's why there is no mention of God or Jesus in the Constitution.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 12:29 PM

In all fairness they started well before the inauguration. My bad, credit where credit is due after all.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 12:29 PM

Slim did not claim it was. You imagined it, just like you imagined the following:

Green Arrow
02-19-2017, 12:32 PM

One day is long enough to have at least one failure. I would say his only real failure right now is not knowing what he's doing and causing chaos on the world stage.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 12:36 PM
I have often wondered why they fled one to start another.

You've often wondered that, have you? I'm not surprised. All religion appears to look the same to you.

Fortunately wiser heads prevailed in the end.

The kind of wiser heads who know what red herrings are, for example.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Neither does Trump. I don't think he knows the difference between the Federalist Papers and Federal Express. He's just a utilitarian who wants to run the US government like his own personal business. He has no guiding principles or philosophy and probably knows next-to-nothing about the US Constitution. His only appeal is being anti-PC and causing the mask to slip from the oligarchic ruling class. He's a fly in the ointment, not an American prophet.

I disagree. Trump has demonstrated a pretty consistent and hard shift to the right over a long enough period of time to both determine that the shift is principled and directed.

That doesn't make him 'an American Prophet' (whatever that is supposed to be), but it certainly is giving him increasing appreciation for the concepts surrounding our Founding, as - I'm sure - his circle is likewise influencing said historical reference.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 12:43 PM
You've often wondered that, have you? I'm not surprised. All religion appears to look the same to you.

The kind of wiser heads who know what red herrings are, for example.

Lol, nonsensical as usual. Keep up.the good work!

patrickt
02-19-2017, 12:46 PM

Not as good as the president who hates America but possibly lies less.

patrickt
02-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Irony is not dead. A leftist whining that someone blames everyone but himself. That's hilarious. Eight years of blameless leftists left a mark, didn't it?

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Irony is not dead. A leftist whining that someone blames everyone but himself. That's hilarious. Eight years of blameless leftists left a mark, didn't it?

:rollseyes:

Evmetro
02-19-2017, 01:12 PM

Melania's prayer and speech were the icing on the cake of such a great moment in history. The Trump's arrival, their walk to the podium, and Melania's speech made up a symbol of good in a classic good vs evil scene. It was apparent that the force of good was winning as Melania stood there representing women, immigrants, and all Americans. Those who hate America were most likely seething in hate as the Trump's exited the plane, made their way to the podium, and watched Melania do her thing, and I suspect many of them had to turn off their tv sets or change the station. The moment was absolutely beautiful.

Evmetro
02-19-2017, 01:26 PM
Melania Trump reciting the lords prayer does not upset me at all. What's-his-name from the OP claiming that's what the nation was founded on does.

I suspect that some member of an Internet forum implying that our great nation was founded on the same judeo Christian values that shaped western civilization is not what you resent. I suspect that what you REALLY resent is the fact that our great nation was indeed founded upon these same judeo Christian values.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 02:00 PM
I suspect that some member of an Internet forum implying that our great nation was founded on the same judeo Christian values that shaped western civilization is not what you resent. I suspect that what you REALLY resent is the fact that our great nation was indeed founded upon these same judeo Christian values.

You are, as usual, wrong. The fact that she could have offered a Buddhist prayer, or anything else for that matter. It is just fine that the first lady is Christian, but the important part is that she can be anything she wants (and an immigrant to boot!) and still be American at the same time.

That's what America is all about. That's what the conservatives have forgotten.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Religion fucks everything up

Evmetro
02-19-2017, 02:16 PM
What's-his-name from the OP claiming that's what the nation was founded on does.

NapRover
02-19-2017, 02:16 PM
I found it quite extraordinary that Mrs. Trump would that. I was profoundly impressed.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Shady, no need to be snarky with me; that'll get you nowhere in any discussion/debate with me. You understand?

Don't talk down to me.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Melania's prayer and speech were the icing on the cake of such a great moment in history. The Trump's arrival, their walk to the podium, and Melania's speech made up a symbol of good in a classic good vs evil scene. It was apparent that the force of good was winning as Melania stood there representing women, immigrants, and all Americans. Those who hate America were most likely seething in hate as the Trump's exited the plane, made their way to the podium, and watched Melania do her thing, and I suspect many of them had to turn off their tv sets or change the station. The moment was absolutely beautiful.

It was a joyous moment. I am proud to watch it unfold as I also watch Hilliary fold like a cheap pant suit.

del
02-19-2017, 02:42 PM
I said that America was founded on those principles. It is not my fault that your knowledge of US History is so small and inconsequential to you. Everyone knows that the very first people to settle in this great land were fleeing religious persecution.

Are you that clueless? Perhaps reading a US History book from a second grade class would help. Oh wait, do they even make those anymore? Perhaps a library could help you.

the very first people to settle here were spaniards.

have you actually studied us history?

del
02-19-2017, 02:44 PM

don't forget carol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b0/f7/e7/b0f7e777569cd4137f41b48672f9f56e.jpg

del
02-19-2017, 02:46 PM
because it was their religion

Green Arrow
02-19-2017, 02:47 PM

Actually, it appears the Vikings may have settled at least the northern part of the US before the Spaniards.

Green Arrow
02-19-2017, 02:47 PM
I found it quite extraordinary that Mrs. Trump would that. I was profoundly impressed.

You were profoundly impressed by the extraordinary ability of Mrs. Trump to read a 2000 year old prayer?

del
02-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Actually, it appears the Vikings may have settled at least the northern part of the US before the Spaniards.
i know but they weren't around for very long.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 02:53 PM

It was just another passage written by someone else and used without attribution.

del
02-19-2017, 02:53 PM
You were profoundly impressed by the extraordinary ability of Mrs. Trump to read a 2000 year old prayer?
she's very good at reading someone else's words

Captain Obvious
02-19-2017, 02:54 PM

She was quoting Mobama

del
02-19-2017, 03:09 PM
that's essentially what happened. when it came time to replace ministers, the entire parish, as opposed to only the churchgoers, got a vote.
frequently, the parish would choose a minister not of the state religion.
in massachusetts, this eventually went to the sjc and they found for the dissenters. the church i attend was once a church of the standing order.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Don't talk down to me.

Calm down, you're a conservative. We have to.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 03:23 PM

Probably home schooled.

NapRover
02-19-2017, 03:27 PM

Yes. Why would I have posted that I was, if I wasn't?

Green Arrow
02-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Yes. Why would I have posted that I was, if I wasn't?

I just think it's odd for you to be surprised she can read.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 04:49 PM
because it was their religion

bingo

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 05:43 PM

They did not "settle" here. They were explorers y conquistodoros.

Get a clue will ya?

In case you forget I am going to give you a US History lesson, free of charge.

The first colony was founded at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1607. Many of the people who settled in the New World came to escape religious persecution. The Pilgrims, founders of Plymouth, Massachusetts, arrived in 1620. In both Virginia and Massachusetts, the colonists flourished with some assistance from Native Americans.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Probably home schooled.

Or a Tulane graduate.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 05:49 PM
She was quoting Mobama

Well Moolania did Mobama proud.

NapRover
02-19-2017, 06:24 PM
I just think it's odd for you to be surprised she can read.

You don't know me, I'm odd and easily surprised.

Shady Slim
02-19-2017, 06:37 PM
Well Moolania did Mobama proud.

You wish you had half the beauty and class of our wonderful First Lady Melania who by the way, has more class in her little finger than Moochelle had in 8 years.

decedent
02-19-2017, 06:40 PM

The hypocrisy. Her hubby can't even name a Bible verse. I feel sorry for anyone buying their act.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 06:42 PM
You wish you had half the beauty and class of our wonderful First Lady Melania who by the way, has more class in her little finger than Moochelle had in 8 years.

Well, she's white and rich. Two things absolutely required for Repubs to admire a person.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 06:49 PM

Get a clue will ya?

The first colony was founded at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1607. Many of the people who settled in the New World came to escape religious persecution. The Pilgrims, founders of Plymouth, Massachusetts, arrived in 1620. In both Virginia and Massachusetts, the colonists flourished with some assistance from Native Americans.

Wrong. Jamestown was the first English colony. 1607 in fact.

The spaniards had st augustine from 1565. Nearly 50 years earlier.

Gotta love that revisionist history though, thanks for the lesson.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 06:52 PM

Lol.

Common Sense
02-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah, those nude pics of the First Lady are super classy.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 06:58 PM

I liked the lesbian ones though!

1. I bet Michelle's body fat ratio is lower than Queen Trump's.

2. I bet that Donald's body fat ratio is off the charts. There's a reason why he wears those impossibly huge suit jackets wherever he goes.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Or a Tulane graduate.

Go Green Wave!

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 07:13 PM
I liked the lesbian ones though!

1. I bet Michelle's body fat ratio is lower than Queen Trump's.

Really? We need to play poker real soon. :smiley:

Bethere
02-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Really? We need to play poker real soon. :smiley:

I wouldn't poker. Maybe you would, but I wouldn't.

Dangermouse
02-19-2017, 07:43 PM

I thought the part just before she began reading the prayer (she doesn't know it?) was most illuminating. As she said "Thank you" for the welcome, the SCROTUS passed behind her and gave an encouraging touch on her arm. She flinched like she'd been tased! That's PTSD for you.

Bethere
02-19-2017, 07:48 PM
I thought the part just before she began reading the prayer (she doesn't know it?) was most illuminating. As she said "Thank you" for the welcome, the SCROTUS passed behind her and gave an encouraging touch on her arm. She flinched like she'd been tased! That's PTSD for you.

SCROTUS.

Gosh I wish that I had written that!

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Bull shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oio6g1qHRqQ

Captain Obvious
02-19-2017, 07:51 PM

Slut shaming.

Nice

Captain Obvious
02-19-2017, 07:51 PM
SCROTUS.

Nut fungus

Dangermouse
02-19-2017, 08:28 PM
So Called Ruler Of The United States. SCROTUS You're welcome!

Dangermouse
02-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Bull $#@!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oio6g1qHRqQ

There you go. Between "Thank you" and "Let us pray", round the four minute mark, he touches her arm and her head jerks sharply down and to her left.

Peter1469
02-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Like I said, BS. You are imagining what you wish happened.

There you go. Between "Thank you" and "Let us pray", round the four minute mark, he touches her arm and her head jerks sharply down and to her left.

Dangermouse
02-19-2017, 08:58 PM
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

William
02-19-2017, 09:18 PM

The very first people to settle the land of America were the Asiatic ancestors of the indigenous people, and they came across the land bridge which then existed on what is now the Bering Strait. The first Europeans to briefly settle the North American continent were Vikings led by Lief Erikson - there is archeological evidence at the very northernmost tip of Newfoundland in Canada, L'Anse aux Meadows, of Viking settlements - about 1,000 years ago.

The first English settlements were at Roanoke and Jamestown. Neither of which were successful, but in neither case was anyone fleeing religious persecution. The 1606 Jamestown expedition was bunch of English entrepreneurs who set sail with a charter from the London Company to establish a colony in the New World.

And if you are referring to the so called Pilgrim Fathers who were Puritans, they were not fleeing religious persecution. They fled cos they were unable to impose their particular brand of religious mania upon the entire English population. They were the most miserable bunch of kill-joys you can imagine - a good example was the regicide and 'Lord Protector' Oliver Cromwell, whose head ended up on a spike. The puritans wanted to change most of the observances of the Church of England, to ban dancing, the theatre, and Christmas - they were the most unpopular people in England, and when they tried their nonsense in Holland, they were equally unpopular. They fled to the New World in order that they could impose their nutty brand of religion upon others and persecute them accordingly.

If that is not what you were taught at school, maybe you are better off reading an English history book. :wink:

del
02-19-2017, 09:35 PM

Get a clue will ya?

St. Augustine (Spanish (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language): San Agustín) is a city in the southeastern (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_United_States) United States (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States), on the Atlantic coast (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_of_the_United_States) in northeastern (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Coast) Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida). It is the oldest continuously occupied (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_cities_by_year_of_foundatio n) European-established settlement within the borders of the continental United States (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiguous_United_States#Continental_United_States ).[6] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida#cite_note-nhl-6)

The county seat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_seat) of St. Johns County (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johns_County,_Florida),[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida#cite_note-GR6-7) it is part of Florida's First Coast (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Coast) region and the Jacksonville metropolitan area (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_metropolitan_area). According to the 2010 census (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_Census), the city population was 12,975. The United States Census Bureau's 2013 estimate of the city's population was 13,679, while the urban area had a population of 69,173 in 2012.[8] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida#cite_note-DOT2012-8)
Saint Augustine was founded on September 8, 1565, by Spanish admiral Pedro Menéndez de Avilés (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Men%C3%A9ndez_de_Avil%C3%A9s), Florida's first governor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colonial_governors_of_Florida). He named the settlement "San Agustín," as his ships bearing settlers, troops, and supplies from Spain had first sighted land in Florida eleven days earlier on August 28, the feast day (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_of_saints) of St. Augustine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo).[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida#cite_note-College1981-9) The city served as the capital of Spanish Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Florida) for over 200 years, and became the capital of British East Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Florida) when the territory briefly changed hands between Spain and Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida

derp

del
02-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Slut shaming.

Nice

if the pump fits...

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 09:50 PM
SCROTUS.

Already claimed. It's what we call a leftist Supreme Court.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 09:53 PM

You're utterly delusional. She was clearly overcome with emotion, not only with the delivery of something which was clearly important to her, but with the incredible reaction of the crowd. She was nearly gasping with the emotional overload of it.

You don't know what you're talking about, and are further evidence that we are simply better at things than you are.

Subdermal
02-19-2017, 09:54 PM
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Yeah. Remember that. You don't have a single clue what you're talking about.

del
02-19-2017, 09:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 10:08 PM

First it looks to me more like she's checking her notes. She continues to glance in that direction at intervals during the whole speech. I can't stand Trump but I've seen nothing that makes me think he abuses his family.

Second though I gotta hand it to you on "SCROTUS". That shit is both hilarious and accurate. Kudos sir.

Evmetro
02-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Second though I gotta hand it to you on "SCROTUS". That $#@! is both hilarious and accurate. Kudos sir.

Yes. This has the tell tale smell of lefty rhetoric. Juvenile rhetoric like this seems very popular with the lefties these days. Have you texted it to your friends and posted it on your favorite social media site?

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Yes. This has the tell tale smell of lefty rhetoric. Juvenile rhetoric like this seems very popular with the lefties these days. Have you texted it to your friends and posted it on your favorite social media site?

Lol, I guess you don't see the humor in "SCROTUS" then?

AZ Jim
02-19-2017, 11:21 PM
Fuck trump. Fuck those who put trump in office. Fuck religion.

resister
02-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Fuck trump. Fuck those who put trump in office. Fuck religion.You should seek help for anger issues, stress is a killer especially for geriatrics like you!

resister
02-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Cokka poo nanny poo po!

AZ Jim
02-19-2017, 11:29 PM
You should seek help for anger issues, stress is a killer especially for geriatrics like you!I'm not angry youngster. I am only honest.

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Cokka poo nanny poo po!

Why do you keep saying that?

Crepitus
02-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Cokka poo nanny poo po!

You keep saying that, what does it mean?

resister
02-20-2017, 12:28 AM
It is a nonsense response to same!

Captain Obvious
02-20-2017, 12:54 AM
I'm not angry youngster. I am only honest.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr1zg47PWS1qie3i0.gif

Casper
02-20-2017, 01:02 AM
Strange some put so much into the first lady reading a prayer, when it was the stupidity from her husband that followed that we should have paid attention to, at least as much as any sane person can be expected to listen to which is not much. Me thinks he would do better sticking to Twitter, at least he can claim he did not mean it how it was said. Oh well, stuck with the idiot, for now.

Evmetro
02-20-2017, 02:09 AM

I used to find juvenile stuff like that funny back in the 7th and 8th grades. It is kinda weird seeing adults laughing at kiddie stuff.

Bethere
02-20-2017, 03:58 AM

Not yet!

del
02-20-2017, 06:32 AM
tourette's

Peter1469
02-20-2017, 06:33 AM

Here you go.
(https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?city=Phoenix&state=AZ&spec=166)

Crepitus
02-20-2017, 06:59 AM
I used to find juvenile stuff like that funny back in the 7th and 8th grades. It is kinda weird seeing adults laughing at kiddie stuff.

So that would be a"no" then?

Crepitus
02-20-2017, 07:01 AM
It is a nonsense response to same!

You do realize if the rest of us did that there would be nothing posted but nonsense right?

resister
02-20-2017, 07:54 AM
tourette'sYour face!

patrickt
02-20-2017, 07:54 AM

A. President Obama had a goal. The destruction of America. He called it "fundamentally changing" America.
B. Not being able to spell "President Obama" doesn't give your posts credibility.

resister
02-20-2017, 07:55 AM
You do realize if the rest of us did that there would be nothing posted but nonsense right?To a point!

patrickt
02-20-2017, 07:55 AM
I've been tired of it for the last eight years. Now he's working as a subversive to seize power. President Obama does consider himself a god.

patrickt
02-20-2017, 07:56 AM

Your lack of respect for President Obama is appalling. You support him and then talk about his blaming everyone but himself and taking credit for the sun coming up. Now, he's in a panic trying to create a "legacy" as fictionalized as his autobiography. Sad, isn't it?

Crepitus
02-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Your lack of respect for President Obama is appalling. You support him and then talk about his blaming everyone but himself and taking credit for the sun coming up. Now, he's in a panic trying to create a "legacy" as fictionalized as his autobiography. Sad, isn't it?

Lol, nice try but no cigar.

Nah, I take that back. It wasn't a nice try I was just trying to be polite but never mind that. It was lame and unoriginal. You've tried a number of times to be clever with me but failed at every turn. Give up and go sit down.

Dangermouse
02-20-2017, 02:43 PM
You're utterly delusional. She was clearly overcome with emotion, not only with the delivery of something which was clearly important to her, but with the incredible reaction of the crowd. She was nearly gasping with the emotional overload of it.

You don't know what you're talking about, and are further evidence that we are simply better at things than you are.

LOL. If it was so significant to her, why did she need to read it in the second language?

Subdermal
02-20-2017, 03:58 PM
LOL. If it was so significant to her, why did she need to read it in the second language?

:thinking:

ripmeister
02-20-2017, 04:29 PM

What I found beautiful was her reading of the Lords Prayer from prepared text. You know, kind of like "Two Corrinthians". :rollseyes:

Evmetro
02-20-2017, 06:48 PM
What I found beautiful was her reading of the Lords Prayer from prepared text. You know, kind of like "Two Corrinthians". :rollseyes:

When lefties look up into the sky, they can see the same stars that righties see, but that is all that they are capable of seeing. They do not know the pleasure of looking into the heavens.

As I watched the Trump's exit the plane and make their way to the podium, it brought back memories of returning to American soil after being deployed to various parts of the world, and seeing the older guys get down and kiss the ground, right there at the bottom of the boarding ladder. I was a young punk who giggled when I saw this behavior, but I learned a lot about loving my country from those guys over the years of being in the military. When I was one of the older guys, I made sure to educate the young punks as they came along and mocked me for kissing the ground. Anyway, the whole scene with the Trumps was touching to my patriotic heart, and Melania was first class. I would imagine that lefties would cringe from such a classy and patriotic display.

Dangermouse
02-20-2017, 06:54 PM
When lefties look up into the sky, they can see the same stars that righties see, but that is all that they are capable of seeing. They do not know the pleasure of looking into the heavens.

As I watched the Trump's exit the plane and make their way to the podium, it brought back memories of returning to American soil after being deployed to various parts of the world, and seeing the older guys get down and kiss the ground, right there at the bottom of the boarding ladder. I was a young punk who giggled when I saw this behavior, but I learned a lot about loving my country from those guys over the years of being in the military. When I was one of the older guys, I made sure to educate the young punks as they came along and mocked me for kissing the ground. Anyway, the whole scene with the Trumps was touching to my patriotic heart, and Melania was first class. I would imagine that lefties would cringe from such a classy and patriotic display.

There goes Trump's promise not to use Air Force One in promoting his brand.

ps Post 127 should have read... (reading the Lord's prayer) "in HER second language." She obviously knows it well...

Evmetro
02-20-2017, 07:04 PM
There goes Trump's promise not to use Air Force One in promoting his brand.

ps It should have read... (reading the Lord's prayer) "in HER second language." She obviously knows it well...

Your comment is pretty much how I pictured lefties reacting to such a patriotic and classy moment. It is comparable to turning the TV to another station. My dog does not understand this kind of stuff either.

Casper
02-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Really? I see Gods Wonders on Display.

You are not the only one to travel that same path, and you imagine incorrectly.

Casper
02-20-2017, 08:04 PM

Your comment is pretty much how I pictured lefties reacting to such a patriotic and classy moment. It is comparable to turning the TV to another station. My dog does not understand this kind of stuff either.
Wow, you actually repeated part of your own previous post. Is that because you are trying convince others or convince Yourself?

AZ Jim
02-20-2017, 08:13 PM
I've been tired of it for the last eight years. Now he's working as a subversive to seize power. President Obama does consider himself a god.My Gawd Man! Take a vacation!!

Casper
02-20-2017, 08:28 PM
My Gawd Man! Take a vacation!!
It is hard for some to break old habits, take whining and crying for over eight years conditions one to continue to whine and cry even after the issue is no longer relevant any longer. Besides if they did not spend all their time telling everyone that they Won, they might actually have to do something constructive.

ripmeister
02-21-2017, 10:41 AM

I'm glad you got a warm fuzzy from it and I appreciate her effort. Having said that I don't find these sorts of gestures by the Trumps to be sincere. I could be wrong but when I hear "The Salesman" profess his spirituality I compare that to his words and actions. While he apparently can say "Two Corinthians" he hasn't read the Sermon on the Mount much less put it into action in his daily life. I'm not sure about his wife but from what I've seen Trump is a Christian poser.

patrickt
02-21-2017, 12:07 PM

But, you didn't turn it off till he was done.

Evmetro
02-21-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm glad you got a warm fuzzy from it and I appreciate her effort. Having said that I don't find these sorts of gestures by the Trumps to be sincere. I could be wrong but when I hear "The Salesman" profess his spirituality I compare that to his words and actions. While he apparently can say "Two Corinthians" he hasn't read the Sermon on the Mount much less put it into action in his daily life. I'm not sure about his wife but from what I've seen Trump is a Christian poser.

You are free to assume they are false prophets, but I don't think any of us can really know. I despised Obama, and I can tell you that all of the media propaganda that suggested that he was a Muslim satisfied my confirmation bias, but I do not know for certain what goes on in his head. When it comes to Trump, confirmation bias is the term of the day when it comes to how lefties perceive him. I am not religious at all, but I deeply appreciated the prayer. It was not just the words of the prayer, it was the whole setting, seeing her as such a classy representation of women, immigrants, and religious freedom. Lefties hate that she is such a shining example of all these things, because they are still such sore losers after Hillary got her ass kicked.

Cletus
02-21-2017, 12:49 PM
You do realize if the rest of us did that there would be nothing posted but nonsense right?

If only the forum Leftists did it, there wouldn't be any noticeable difference.

nic34
02-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Well for one thing, America WAS NOT FOUNDED ON Christianity.

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

Evmetro
02-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Wow, you actually repeated part of your own previous post. Is that because you are trying convince others or convince Yourself?

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 03:29 PM
That was a misguided attempt to appease the Barbary pirates. We even paid them a yearly tribute to avoid US citizens being turned into slaves. It did not work. The Marine Corps got their song a few years later.

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”

NapRover
02-21-2017, 04:44 PM
That was a misguided attempt to appease the Barbary pirates. We even paid them a yearly tribute to avoid US citizens being turned into slaves. It did not work. The Marine Corps got their song a few years later.

That, plus King George insisted on establishing Henry VIII's church here from the start. They both frowned on other options.

del
02-21-2017, 04:49 PM
That, plus King George insisted on establishing Henry VIII's church here from the start. They both frowned on other options.
king george wasn't even born when plymouth was settled.

William
02-21-2017, 06:47 PM

That is correct, and the 'Pilgrim Fathers', who were Puritans, were directly opposed to the Church of England. :smiley:

NapRover
02-21-2017, 07:01 PM

True, but Henry VIII launched his Church of England in 1534 before Plymouth was Plymouth. And England had every intention of having it as the Church of England in America, which caused some heartache. From this, how do you say we were never a Christian nation? Because of what Jefferson said 2.5 centuries later? Granted, we weren't the USA back then--we were England's new, Christian world.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel03.html

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 07:23 PM
If only the forum Leftists did it, there wouldn't be any noticeable difference.

How clever of you.

Notice that it is however a conservative that is in fact doing it.

Maybe not so clever after all.

Casper
02-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Is that the Dementia or the Opioids kicking in?

Cletus
02-21-2017, 11:42 PM
How clever of you.

Notice that it is however a conservative that is in fact doing it.

Maybe not so clever after all.

It went right over your head... as I thought it would. :grin:

Bethere
02-22-2017, 12:42 AM
True, but Henry VIII launched his Church of England in 1534 before Plymouth was Plymouth. And England had every intention of having it as the Church of England in America, which caused some heartache. From this, how do you say we were never a Christian nation? Because of what Jefferson said 2.5 centuries later? Granted, we weren't the USA back then--we were England's new, Christian world.

Not my favorite source, but...
57% of the signers of the declaration of independence were Episcopalians, ie former members of the church of England:

George Walton
Georgia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pw/George_Walton.html)

John Penn
North Carolina (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2546951/posts#)
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pp/John_Penn.html)

George Ross
Pennsylvania
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pr/George_Ross.html)

Thomas Heyward Jr.
South Carolina (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2546951/posts#)
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ph/Thomas_Heyward.html)

Thomas Lynch Jr.
South Carolina
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pl/Thomas_Lynch.html)

Arthur Middleton
South Carolina
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pm/Arthur_Middleton.html)

Edward Rutledge
South Carolina
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pr/Edward_Rutledge.html)

Francis Lightfoot Lee
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pl/Francis_Lightfoot_Lee.html)

Richard Henry Lee
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pl/Richard_Henry_Lee.html)

George Read
Delaware
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pr/George_Read.html)

Caesar Rodney
Delaware
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pr/Caesar_Rodney.html)

Samuel Chase
Maryland
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pc/Samuel_Chase.html)

William Paca
Maryland
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pp/William_Paca.html)

Thomas Stone
Maryland
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ps/Thomas_Stone.html)

Elbridge Gerry
Massachusetts
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pg/Elbridge_Gerry.html)

Francis Hopkinson
New Jersey
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ph/Francis_Hopkinson.html)

Francis Lewis
New York
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pl/Francis_Lewis.html)

Lewis Morris
New York
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pm/Lewis_Morris.html)

William Hooper
North Carolina
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ph/William_Hooper.html)

Robert Morris
Pennsylvania
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pm/Robert_Morris.html)

John Morton
Pennsylvania
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pm/John_Morton.html)

Stephen Hopkins
Rhode Island
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ph/Stephen_Hopkins.html)

Carter Braxton
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pb/Carter_Braxton.html)

Benjamin Harrison
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/ph/Benjamin_Harrison.html)

Thomas Nelson Jr.
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pn/Thomas_Nelson.html)

George Wythe
Virginia
Episcopalian (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pw/George_Wythe.html)

Thomas Jefferson
Virginia
Episcopalian (Deist) (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pj/Thomas_Jefferson.html)

Benjamin Franklin
Pennsylvania
Episcopalian (Deist) (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/people/pf/Benjamin_Franklin.html)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2546951/posts

Bethere
02-22-2017, 12:54 AM
How could I thank nic34, Crepitus and William while also arming NapRover with enough ammo to win his argument?

Because, as it pertains to our founding fathers you are all correct. Thirteen colonies = thirteen different motivational factors at a minimum.

Chris
02-22-2017, 06:01 AM

No innuendo about mental health or medication.

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 08:39 AM
It went right over your head... as I thought it would. :grin:

LOL, no. Your childish attempt at insult did not go "right over " my head.

silvereyes
02-22-2017, 10:24 AM

Oh brother. You're so full of yourself.

nic34
02-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Wow is that ever tortured history. Learn that at Trump university did you?

Evmetro
02-22-2017, 03:57 PM

I am glad that you know me well enough to know that I welcome any insults that you can throw my way, and that I do not want or need any administrative assistance. I am much more comfortable relying on my own posts when it comes to political debate. Your comment above is most welcome, and it is much more honest than if it had been forced through the PC filter.

My real concern here, is that you were not able to post anything of merit. I get that you feel uncomfortable encountering something that you are not able to process, but I would think that a safer approach to this might be to be aware that you are responding to something that you cannot conceive. Dogs and cats cannot conceive anything beyond what is right in front of them at that very moment, but people are capable of so much more. We can see theory and physics, we can speculate on the future, and we can research the past, all things that are beyond what we see right in front of us in the very moment. Your comment above appeared to be about the moment, like it would be for a dog or a cat, and it does not look like you left the door open to the notion that there could be more to it than that.

Evmetro
02-22-2017, 04:01 PM
Oh brother. You're so full of yourself.

Wow. I am so impressed with the profound thoughts that you come up with. Did you take a lot of advanced political classes in school? I mean, wow. you are just so cutting edge with these amazing ideas.

silvereyes
02-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Wow. I am so impressed with the profound thoughts that you come up with. Did you take a lot of advanced political classes in school? I mean, wow. you are just so cutting edge with these amazing ideas.

Don't forget it, either.

Doublejack
02-22-2017, 06:22 PM
If God was real both Trump and his wife would burst into flames.

Evmetro
02-22-2017, 06:32 PM

This would be assuming that your hypothetical God is a lefty. The fact that Trump and his wife have not burst into flames would suggest that God may be a righty.

NapRover
02-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Wow is that ever tortured history. Learn that at Trump university did you?
6th grade

NapRover
02-22-2017, 06:40 PM

He's real. Most experience the fire chapter after life, not during it.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Yes.

What does that mean to you? I promise a very civil discussion.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:07 PM

Many were criminals, brigands, charlatans, and the dregs of British society. Imagine Great Britain's shock when "those people" became enormously productive once freed from government interference.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM
The first lady (and everyone else for that matter) is free to have whatever religious views she chooses. That's the whole point. America is a secular nation, with a secular government, and religious freedom for all citizens.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

What do you believe the bolded portion means? Why would the colonists believe as a people, they were entitled by the laws of Nature and of Nature's God, to a separate and equal station (in our case with the British)?

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:17 PM
I am a bit surprised no one claimed she plagiarized it.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
It was just another passage written by someone else and used without attribution.
Well, there you go. Only a moment ago I said I was surprised no one claimed plagiarism.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 08:29 PM
That's more action than you probably had in decades.

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Yes.

What does that mean to you? I promise a very civil discussion.

In this particular case it means that Melania Trump can recite whatever prayer in whatever religion she wants. Why do you ask?

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 09:01 PM
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

What do you believe the bolded portion means? Why would the colonists believe as a people, they were entitled by the laws of Nature and of Nature's God, to a separate and equal station (in our case with the British)?

Flowery language and an attempt to legitimize ourselves by saying God wants us to do it.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:15 PM
In this particular case it means that Melania Trump can recite whatever prayer in whatever religion she wants. Why do you ask?
Did you just dodge?

This is what interested me: "freedom from government religion is what drove most of the original colonists here"

I was more interested in your statement than your response about Mrs. Trump.

Given the religious persecution, what is the relationship between that history and the Founders reverence for the laws of nature and of nature's God? How does that relate to the prohibition against the establishment of a national religion and religious tests to hold office?

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Flowery language and an attempt to legitimize ourselves by saying God wants us to do it.
They were committing an act of treason, in writing. Do you really believe the laws of nature and of nature's God is a throwaway phrase?
Why would nature's laws and nature's God have any impact on a people's right to have a separate but equal station?

Does our equality under nature's laws and nature's God have any role? Why would the colonists believe they were equal to the British King and Parliament?

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:20 PM
Everyone who has an opinion please join in.

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Did you just dodge?

This is what interested me: "freedom from government religion is what drove most of the original colonists here"

I was more interested in your statement than your response about Mrs. Trump.

Given the religious persecution, what is the relationship between that history and the Founders reverence for the laws of nature and of nature's God? How does that relate to the prohibition against the establishment of a national religion and religious tests to hold office?

As far as "reverence" some did , some not so much. Plus an awful lot of what you call natural law is nothing but common sense and would have been included no matter what you called it.

rcfieldz
02-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Don't forget when he wore a yamaka to a Jewish leaders funeral.
No self respecting mooslim would be caught dead in one of those!
That phukking poser is gone!

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 09:25 PM
They were committing an act of treason, in writing. Do you really believe the laws of nature and of nature's God is a throwaway phrase?
Why would nature's laws and nature's God have any impact on a people's right to have a separate but equal station?

Does our equality under nature's laws and nature's God have any role? Why would the colonists believe they were equal to the British King and Parliament?

Yes, I do believe it is a "throwaway phrase" if you put it like that. Natural Law and God's law are both things that were made up by men.

And why wouldn't they want to be equals at the least? Doesn't everyone?

resister
02-22-2017, 09:26 PM
That phukking poser is gone!
Thank Heavens!

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:33 PM

As far as "reverence" some did, some not so much. Plus an awful lot of what you call natural law is nothing but common sense and would have been included no matter what you called it.
The Declaration of Independence was a well thought out document intended to convince people everywhere to support our revolution. Jefferson used the laws of nature and of nature's God specifically with respect to his claim that we would assume a separate and equal place among the powers of the earth. Would common sense be a good argument for separating from the established British government?

Dangermouse
02-22-2017, 09:37 PM

While their slaves were separate but un-equal, according to those self-same laws.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:39 PM

Yes, I do believe it is a "throwaway phrase" if you put it like that. Natural Law and God's law are both things that were made up by men.
Jefferson did not use Natural law and God's law. He used nature's law and nature's God. He used it specifically to buttress his argument that we ought to take our separate and equal station among the powers, the political powers, of the earth.

And why wouldn't they want to be equals at the least? Doesn't everyone?
The Declaration was an argument made to all of those separate powers. Jefferson did not say we were rebelling because we want to be equal. He used nature's laws and nature's God to justify having that separate and equal status.

More tomorrow.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:42 PM
While their slaves were separate but un-equal, according to those self-same laws.
No. Natures laws and nature's God holds that slaves are also equal.

What is the nature of a man? The Constitution was a deal struck to create a union of States. Without the deal, there would have been no union. The compromise reduced the amount of political power the slave states would hold.

Crepitus
02-22-2017, 09:47 PM

The Declaration of Independence was a well thought out document intended to convince people everywhere to support our revolution. Jefferson used the laws of nature and of nature's God specifically with respect to his claim that we would assume a separate and equal place among the powers of the earth. Would common sense be a good argument for separating from the established British government?

Oratorical maneuvering.

And yes, common sense applies.

MisterVeritis
02-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Oratorical maneuvering.

And yes, common sense applies.
This implies you believe the Declaration of independence was a throwaway document. I believe it was a document for all people and all times.

Would any government accept an argument that common sense, whatever that is, would be a sufficient reason for the colonists to rebel against their king and parliament? I doubt it.

Shady Slim
02-23-2017, 09:05 AM
A. President Obama had a goal. The destruction of America. He called it "fundamentally changing" America.
B. Not being able to spell "President Obama" doesn't give your posts credibility.

He is NOT President Obama. He is a worthless has been.

Shady Slim
02-23-2017, 09:07 AM

It WAS founded on Judeo Christian beliefs. You will deny this as all lib-retards do.

Shady Slim
02-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Lol.

LoL.-> Bethere

Shady Slim
02-23-2017, 12:03 PM

Yes, they despise that First Lady Melania knows five languages, which is about five more than half the posters here in this place.

del
02-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes, they despise that First Lady Melania knows five languages, which is about five more than half the posters here in this place.
most successful call girls are well educated

nic34
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
It WAS founded on Judeo Christian beliefs. You will deny this as all lib-retards do.

Then it should be easy for one of you con-tards to show some Judeo Christian wording in the constitution to that effect.