PDA

View Full Version : Republican Love Affair with African Americans..........

Libhater
10-28-2012, 10:26 AM
* Republicans passed the Thirteenth Amendment, ending slavery, with 80 percent of Democrats voting against it.
* Republicans enacted the Fourteenth Amendment, granting freed slaves the rights of citizenship--unanimously supported by Republicans and unanimously opposed by Democrats.
* Republicans passed the Fifteenth Amendment, giving freedmen the right to vote.
* Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866, conferring U.S. citizenship on all African Americans and according them "full and equal benefit of all laws"--unamimously supported by Republicans, who had to override Democrat Andrew Johnson's veto.
* Republicans passed the Reconstruction Act of 1867.
* Republicans sent federal troops to the Democratic South to enforce the constitutional rights of the newly freed slaves.
* Republicans were the first targets of the Ku Klux Klan, during Reconstruction.
* Republicans continued trying to pass federal civil rights laws for a century following the Civil War--most of which the Democrats blocked--including a bill banning racial discrimination in public accomodations in 1875; a bill gauranteeing blacks the right to vote in the South in 1890; anti-lynching bills in 1922, 1935, and 1938, and anti-poll tax bills in 1942, 1944 and 1946.
* A Republican president, Theodore Roosevelt, invited Booker T. Washington to dine at the White House in 1901, making him the first black American to do so.
* Republican party platforms repeatedly called for equal rights, demanding in 1908, for example, equal justice for black Americans and condeming all devices that disenfranchise blacks for their color alone, "as unfair, un-American and repugnant to the Supreme law of the land."
* Republicans called for anti-lynching legislation in their presidential platforms throughout the 1920s, while the Democratic platforms did not.
* Republicans endorsed Brown v Board of Education in their 1956 presidential platform; the Democrats did not.
* Republicans sent the 101st Airborne Division to Little Rock to enforce the Court's school desegregation ruling to stop the Democratic governor from blocking the schoolhouse door.
* Republicans fuly implemented the desegregation of the military, left unfinished by a Democratic president.
* Republicans introduced and passed into law the Civil Rights Act of 1957 opposed and watered down by Democrats.
* Republicans reintroduced and passed another civil rights bill in 1960, maneuvering it past Democratic obstructionism, with all votes against the bill coming from Democrats.
* Republicans created the Commission on Civil Rights.
* Republicans voted in far greater numbers for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than the Democrats, though this was the year Democrats finally stopped aggressively opposing civil rights bills.
* Republicans effectively desegregated public schools throughout the nation in the first few years of the Nixon administration.
* Republicans desegregated the building trades,introducing, for the first time, racial quotas and timetables for those doing business with the federal govenment.
* Republicans appointed the first black secretary as well as the first black female secretary of state.
* Republicans appointed one of two black justices ever to sit on the Supreme Court, over the hysterical objections of Democrats....

by Ann Coulter from the book 'MUGGED" :afro: :afro: :afro:......this post is for Cigar's enjoyment

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I think the George Soros mind control is going to block Cigar's view of posts that contain this much of the truth.

Canadianeye
10-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I think the George Soros mind control is going to block Cigar's view of posts that contain this much of the truth.

You made me think of this:

garyo
10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Libhater, best post I've seen here today, Martin Luther King was a Republican, the Blacks have no idea of their history because our liberally ran school systems don't want them to know, just teach them pop culture and make sure the majority of them pass each states federal grant tests. The Blacks as a whole are the biggest suckers in America, they cannot reason for themseves, especially when their mentors are J Jackson and Al Sharpton, complete tools of the Dems, very pathetic.

roadmaster
10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Martin Luther King was a Republican

His name was actually Michael and was always called Mike until he got older in his 20's. Because they didn't keep good black records his dad James told him that that wasn't the name he wanted and he kept Martin.

Libhater
10-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Those Republican efforts in the OP to give the black man a leg up here in America just touched the surface of Ann's very descriptive analogy of the one-sided (Republican-based) desire to end slavery and to push for civil rights in our nation. But most of her eye opening book dealt with the effort by liberals to blame Republicans for all of the problems of today's blacks via using race baiting techniques etc.

Cigar
12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
African Americans returned the love ... twice. :grin:

Enjoy the party on Inauguration Day :wink:

garyo
12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh those wacky Negro's.

Cigar
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Oh those wacky Negro's.

If you think the Negro's are fun, wait until all the Women, Latino's, Gays, Elderly and a dozen other favorite Republicans groups get togher at the Voting booth ... oh wait ... they already did. :rofl:

C- yea in November ... 2016 that is. :wave:

garyo
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
It won't take that long, by mid-terms all the turds will have floated to the top, GOP time.:douchebag:

Libhater
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
It is ironic that its the libs who blame all the nation's woes (including racism) on the Republicans, when in reality another looksee at Ann Coulter's finely tuned list tells another story altogether. But the irony doesn't stop with the racism topic, since it was one of the left's icons in JFK who said, "ask not what your country can do for you...ask what you can do for your country." Now how do you suppose that brilliant statement stacks up with the left's give me-give me wealth redistribution and advocacy for an all powerful run government in handing them their entitlements? JFK was also for massive tax cuts, something his brother Teddy and the dims ignored when voting to increase taxes across the board. Liberal hyhpocrisy is at an all time high--in case you haven't noticed.

Cigar
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm still waiting for my hand out ... if this is all true. :)

garyo
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm sure you are, but only one serving per.:douchebag:

Cigar
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm sure you are, but only one serving per.:douchebag:

Well if your hand is free ... :jerk: start earning.

garyo
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
So you're back to that gay Negro thing?:douchebag:

Cigar
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Whatever ... :rollseyes:

BTW ... you're Avatar didn't get the Memo. :)

garyo
12-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Neither did you.:douchebag:

Captain Obvious
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM

Warning - do not use racial slurs. Please refrain from excessive personal attacks.

garyo
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
What personal attack, and Negro is an accepted terminology.

Conley
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
What personal attack, and Negro is an accepted terminology.

Following a member all over the forum and calling them douchebag repeatedly is a personal attack and harassment.

GrumpyDog
12-10-2012, 11:21 PM
* Republicans passed the Thirteenth Amendment, ending slavery, with 80 percent of Democrats voting against it.
* Republicans enacted the Fourteenth Amendment, granting freed slaves the rights of citizenship--unanimously supported by Republicans and unanimously opposed by Democrats.
* Republicans passed the Fifteenth Amendment, giving freedmen the right to vote.
* Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1866, conferring U.S. citizenship on all African Americans and according them "full and equal benefit of all laws"--unamimously supported by Republicans, who had to override Democrat Andrew Johnson's veto.
* Republicans passed the Reconstruction Act of 1867.
* Republicans sent federal troops to the Democratic South to enforce the constitutional rights of the newly freed slaves.
* Republicans were the first targets of the Ku Klux Klan, during Reconstruction.
* Republicans continued trying to pass federal civil rights laws for a century following the Civil War--most of which the Democrats blocked--including a bill banning racial discrimination in public accomodations in 1875; a bill gauranteeing blacks the right to vote in the South in 1890; anti-lynching bills in 1922, 1935, and 1938, and anti-poll tax bills in 1942, 1944 and 1946.
* A Republican president, Theodore Roosevelt, invited Booker T. Washington to dine at the White House in 1901, making him the first black American to do so.
* Republican party platforms repeatedly called for equal rights, demanding in 1908, for example, equal justice for black Americans and condeming all devices that disenfranchise blacks for their color alone, "as unfair, un-American and repugnant to the Supreme law of the land."
* Republicans called for anti-lynching legislation in their presidential platforms throughout the 1920s, while the Democratic platforms did not.
* Republicans endorsed Brown v Board of Education in their 1956 presidential platform; the Democrats did not.
* Republicans sent the 101st Airborne Division to Little Rock to enforce the Court's school desegregation ruling to stop the Democratic governor from blocking the schoolhouse door.
* Republicans fuly implemented the desegregation of the military, left unfinished by a Democratic president.
* Republicans introduced and passed into law the Civil Rights Act of 1957 opposed and watered down by Democrats.
* Republicans reintroduced and passed another civil rights bill in 1960, maneuvering it past Democratic obstructionism, with all votes against the bill coming from Democrats.
* Republicans created the Commission on Civil Rights.
* Republicans voted in far greater numbers for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than the Democrats, though this was the year Democrats finally stopped aggressively opposing civil rights bills.
* Republicans effectively desegregated public schools throughout the nation in the first few years of the Nixon administration.
* Republicans desegregated the building trades,introducing, for the first time, racial quotas and timetables for those doing business with the federal govenment.
* Republicans appointed the first black secretary as well as the first black female secretary of state.
* Republicans appointed one of two black justices ever to sit on the Supreme Court, over the hysterical objections of Democrats....

by Ann Coulter from the book 'MUGGED" :afro: :afro: :afro:......this post is for Cigar's enjoyment

Then.. after 1964, Strom Thurmond, and the Democrat Dixiecrats left the Democratic party (there must be a God after all), to become Segregationist Looney wing of Republican party, after which, the reformed Republican Party later adopted the "southern strategy" to attract all the white conservative bigots in the south.

And the Republican party has remained the white southern strategy party since then, as evidenced in 2012 pattern remarkably resembling the old glorious Dixieland of the Confederacy.

The one deviation, was Ronald Reagan, who suppressed the Bush/Heritage Club/Confederate white men/Evangelical looney elements, to create a concensus (following Iran/Hostage that doomed Democrat Carter to failure) to experiment with a new economic strategy called Supply Side Economics, later to be known as Trickle Down. Experiment failed within 2 years, as Reagan ran up 4 Trillion in National Debt, and had to raise taxes back up again.

Then the dynamic Duo, BatBrain and Robin Bush, managed to alienate most of the non caucasians along with quite a few lower income, working class, union, government, female, gay, along with all poor causcasians, thus ensuring a demographic shift to Democrat party for years into the future.

Libhater
12-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Then.. after 1964, Strom Thurmond, and the Democrat Dixiecrats left the Democratic party (there must be a God after all), to become Segregationist Looney wing of Republican party, after which, the reformed Republican Party later adopted the "southern strategy" to attract all the white conservative bigots in the south.

And the Republican party has remained the white southern strategy party since then, as evidenced in 2012 pattern remarkably resembling the old glorious Dixieland of the Confederacy.

Please give examples of how the Republicans have become this party of 'southern strategists' who have become these racists and bigots after 1964. Wasn't Robert Byrd and George Wallace members of the Democratic party? The only reason blacks vote for Democrats today is because they've been hoodwinked and or duped into believing the dem politicians have their best interest at heart by offering them cradle to grave benefits--which as we all know is the death knell for black America. Black unemployment under the obama term has risen to around 17%, yet ignorant blacks continue to vote for their entitlement messiah just the same. Go figure!

Cigar
12-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Following a member all over the forum and calling them douchebag repeatedly is a personal attack and harassment.

I can handle it ... because this is about as personal as he and his sidekick will ever try to get. :)

Cigar
12-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Please give examples of how the Republicans have become this party of 'southern strategists' who have become these racists and bigots after 1964. Wasn't Robert Byrd and George Wallace members of the Democratic party? The only reason blacks vote for Democrats today is because they've been hoodwinked and or duped into believing the dem politicians have their best interest at heart by offering them cradle to grave benefits--which as we all know is the death knell for black America. Black unemployment under the obama term has risen to around 17%, yet ignorant blacks continue to vote for their entitlement messiah just the same. Go figure!

Bottom line ... the American People will Vote on that ... each and every time.

Enjoy the fall to irrelevance.

Agravan
12-11-2012, 07:57 AM

So, it's a good thing to have an entitlement mentality so long as your party retains power?
How are those new chains feeling on you? Are your shackles tight enough??
Just keep voting for your Democrat massahs, they'll take care of you. No need to think for yourselves.

Cigar
12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
So, it's a good thing to have an entitlement mentality so long as your party retains power?
How are those new chains feeling on you? Are your shackles tight enough??
Just keep voting for your Democrat massahs, they'll take care of you. No need to think for yourselves.

If that's what you think then please just keep on thinking that way.

It's working out just fine.

Chris
12-11-2012, 08:37 AM

But what exactly are people voting on? If history up to the present says, and it does, that Republicans have beem the civil rights party, and Democrats the anti-civil rights party, but people vote the opposite, how does that come about? Are Democrats just better liars?

Cigar
12-11-2012, 08:41 AM
You know what I like best about watching MSNBC?

They just replay Republicans talking and Fox News reporting ... verbatim ... word for word.

Therefore, if people want to call it lies ... then all you have to do is agree with them.

Chris
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
You know what I like best about watching MSNBC?

They just replay Republicans talking and Fox News reporting ... verbatim ... word for word.

Therefore, if people want to call it lies ... then all you have to do is agree with them.

In Bias Goldberg explain how bias is found not in blatant lies but in subtle selection of content.

My question was about politics and parties, how do Democrats win when historically they have been anti-civil rights?

Granted, the media as a propaganda arm of government promotes the lie as well.

Cigar
12-11-2012, 09:09 AM
In Bias Goldberg explain how bias is found not in blatant lies but in subtle selection of content.

My question was about politics and parties, how do Democrats win when historically they have been anti-civil rights?

Granted, the media as a propaganda arm of government promotes the lie as well.

Simple Answer; Democrats Evolved and Republicans didn't.

Chris
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Simple Answer; Democrats Evolved and Republicans didn't.

The evidence doesn't show that. There is no evidence Dems took up civil rights. So I ask again, how do Dems pull it off, how do they convince you to believe a lie?

Cigar
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
The evidence doesn't show that. There is no evidence Dems took up civil rights. So I ask again, how do Dems pull it off, how do they convince you to believe a lie?

Even easier answer; I usually vote for the political party that doesn't insult me.

Chris
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Even easier answer; I usually vote for the political party that doesn't insult me.

Doesn't Democrat racism insult you?

Cigar
12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Doesn't Democrat racism insult you?

Point it out

Chris
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Point it out

Uh, that's what the OP did.

Cigar
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Uh, that's what the OP did.

So you can't?

Chris
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
So you can't?

The OP already did.

I have as well: The Democrat Party's Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism (http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html), The Racist History of the Democratic Party (http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/3554.html), The Democrat Race Lie (http://www.black-and-right.com/the-democrat-race-lie/).

So the question you keep dancing around remains, why do you buy the Dem lie?

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Libhater, best post I've seen here today, Martin Luther King was a Republican, the Blacks have no idea of their history because our liberally ran school systems don't want them to know, just teach them pop culture and make sure the majority of them pass each states federal grant tests. The Blacks as a whole are the biggest suckers in America, they cannot reason for themseves, especially when their mentors are J Jackson and Al Sharpton, complete tools of the Dems, very pathetic.

do you REALLY think blacks do not know MLK was a republican?

tell me if you pretend MLK would still be a republican today if was not murdered by some right wing person?

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
why is it the right thinks only NAMES and lables matter?

Chris
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
why is it the right thinks only NAMES and lables matter?

Why do you think that?

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 10:58 AM
becuase here you people are pretending that the republican party we have today supports what they used to support when MLK was in your ranks

Chris
12-11-2012, 11:00 AM
becuase here you people are pretending that the republican party we have today supports what they used to support when MLK was in your ranks

My argument is Dems are not pro-civil rights as they pretend to be and fool some people into believing.

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr#Politics

As the leader of the SCLC, King maintained a policy of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."[31] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Oates1993-31)
In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."[32] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson2000p364-32)
King critiqued both parties' performance on promoting racial equality:

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.[33] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson2000p84-33)
Although King never publicly supported a political party or candidate for president, in a letter to a civil rights supporter in October 1956 he said that he was undecided as to whether he would vote for Adlai Stevenson (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Adlai_Stevenson_II) or Dwight Eisenhower (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Dwight_Eisenhower), but that "In the past I always voted the Democratic ticket."[34] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson1992p384-34)
In his autobiography, King says that in 1960 he privately voted for Democratic candidate John F. Kennedy: "I felt that Kennedy would make the best president. I never came out with an endorsement. My father did, but I never made one." King adds that he likely would have made an exception to his non-endorsement policy in 1964, saying "Had President Kennedy lived, I would probably have endorsed him in 1964."[35] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson1998p187-35)

Chris
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr#Politics

As the leader of the SCLC, King maintained a policy of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."[31] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Oates1993-31)
In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."[32] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson2000p364-32)
King critiqued both parties' performance on promoting racial equality:

Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.[33] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson2000p84-33)
Although King never publicly supported a political party or candidate for president, in a letter to a civil rights supporter in October 1956 he said that he was undecided as to whether he would vote for Adlai Stevenson (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Adlai_Stevenson_II) or Dwight Eisenhower (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Dwight_Eisenhower), but that "In the past I always voted the Democratic ticket."[34] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson1992p384-34)
In his autobiography, King says that in 1960 he privately voted for Democratic candidate John F. Kennedy: "I felt that Kennedy would make the best president. I never came out with an endorsement. My father did, but I never made one." King adds that he likely would have made an exception to his non-endorsement policy in 1964, saying "Had President Kennedy lived, I would probably have endorsed him in 1964."[35] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-King-Carson1998p187-35)

I agree with King, both parties suck.

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Yes, Dr. King was a republican according to his niece Dr. Alveda C. King who stated,

"My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr., or "Daddy King", was a Republican
and father of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who was a Republican."

But, not according to his son, who's liberal partisan politics are reflected in his statement released through the King Center published in an AP article in July 2008 at Martin Luther King III said, "It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest that he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African-American votes in Florida and many other states."

And the Wash Post article provided in the related link in 2006 says King actually voted for LBJ in 1964.

In fact, in "The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.," which was published after King's death from his written material and records, King called the 1964 Republican national convention that nominated Goldwater a "frenzied wedding ... of the KKK and the radical right."

\\http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_Dr_Martin_Luther_King_a_registered_Republican

truthmatters
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
If indeed he ever was a registered republican he stoppped voting republican

Cigar
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
:facepalm:

Libhater
12-11-2012, 12:59 PM

We as Americans have all fallen to irrelevance since obama took over the reigns. You have noticed how our economic standing throughout the world has fallen big time since this czar-in-chief took over. How is that socialism doing in your city of Chicago? And how is the murder rate of that all-liberal-run city holding up these daze?

Cigar
12-11-2012, 01:05 PM
We as Americans have all fallen to irrelevance since obama took over the reigns. You have noticed how our economic standing throughout the world has fallen big time since this czar-in-chief took over. How is that socialism doing in your city of Chicago? And how is the murder rate of that all-liberal-run city holding up these daze?

A) The last 3 years have been the best financially for me.

B) I live at least 40 miles from Chicago

Game-Set-Match

Next!

Libhater
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
A) The last 3 years have been the best financially for me.

B) I live at least 40 miles from Chicago

Game-Set-Match

Next!

So you were just kidding when you invited me to meet you in your south chicago neighborhood, I presume. All this time I figured you were neighbors with obama, for your anti Americnism certainly mirrors obama's disgraceful aura.

Chris
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

If I were you I'd be ashamed too.

Cigar
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
So you were just kidding when you invited me to meet you in your south chicago neighborhood, I presume. All this time I figured you were neighbors with obama, for your anti Americnism certainly mirrors obama's disgraceful aura.

West ... way West of Chicago.

I think Obama house is in Hyde Park around 51st Street.