PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Milo resigns from Breitbart.

Pages : [1] 2

Croft
02-21-2017, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5iY7H1s2Ws

NapRover
02-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Poor guy. Running your mouth invites trouble, I guess no one ever taught him that.

AZ Jim
02-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Poor guy?

NapRover
02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Poor guy?

Poor girl?

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Poor guy?

Not at all. I believe he is independently wealthy.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 04:47 PM
My respect for him just shot way up after watching him in this video.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 04:49 PM
Poor guy. Running your mouth invites trouble, I guess no one ever taught him that.
I would suggest watching the video in full. It wasn't a pity party at all.

del
02-21-2017, 04:49 PM
what a tremendous loss

Chris
02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
what a tremendous loss

No doubt the establishment right and left are dancing in a big happy circle.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 05:01 PM
No doubt the establishment right and left are dancing in a big happy circle.
If what he said at the end of the video was correct, he will be launching his own news service and already has other offers to publish his book. I don't think we have seen the last of him just yet.

NapRover
02-21-2017, 05:03 PM
I would suggest watching the video in full. It wasn't a pity party at all.
Thanks, I did watch it, and wish him the best.

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:07 PM
If what he said at the end of the video was correct, he will be launching his own news service and already has other offers to publish his book. I don't think we have seen the last of him just yet.

Hope not, fun to watch him make politicos squirm.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:14 PM
What a fucking way to spin his horrible comments on the video.

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 05:15 PM

The entire video, or just the edited one?

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
I watched the video. He was quite clear about what he meant. Regardless of his assertions that there was selective editing. Even the other panelists were shocked at what he was saying.

Spin it any way you wish. He wants to and wanted to be provocative and shock people. Mission accomplished.

rcfieldz
02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
From being on videos to selling them in a sex shop...if he's lucky.
Or? The new president of NAMBLA?

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:30 PM

What horrible comments?

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:32 PM
I watched the video. He was quite clear about what he meant. Regardless of his assertions that there was selective editing. Even the other panelists were shocked at what he was saying.

Spin it any way you wish. He wants to and wanted to be provocative and shock people. Mission accomplished.

Indeed, in the OP video he explains very clearly what he meant. So I ask how do you spin it to arrive at horrible things?

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 05:33 PM

If you have a link to the original unedited video post it.

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Not sure how many times I've seen this where someone says something, explains his intention, and others declare they know better, that their interpretation trumps his intention.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Indeed, in the OP video he explains very clearly what he meant. So I ask how do you spin it to arrive at horrible things?

I'm taking it you didn't watch the video...

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 05:36 PM
It was a coordinated attack because of his support for Trump. Expect more such attacks.

He and the Alt Right are making their own platforms for news, information, boks, video, etc.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Milo did what he said he would never do. He wimped out and apologized. I saw the videos in question long before they became such a big issue. While certainly edgy and controversial, his statements came nowhere close to defending or advocating pedophilia, which is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Sexual relations with pubescent minors, while certainly illegal, is NOT pedophilia. Also, whether or not something was wrong with his teenage relationships is largely up to Milo. So if he said he wasn't a victim, then he wasn't a victim. Nobody gets to determine that for him, least of all his self-serving critics.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:41 PM
It was a coordinated attack because of his support for Trump. Expect more such attacks.

He and the Alt Right are making their own platforms for news, information, boks, video, etc.

LOL...a coordinated attack? Or was it just replaying the mans own words?

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 05:42 PM

Post the link to the unedited video.

Yes, a coordinated attack.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 05:43 PM
What a $#@!ing way to spin his horrible comments on the video.
How is issuing an apology spin? What do you want him to do? Get down on his knees and beg for your forgiveness? If anything, he should be taking these outrage-addicts to task for their self-righteous lies and histrionics, not issuing some lame apology.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:43 PM
The dude thinks a 13 year old boy is able to give consent and that buttsex between a 13 year old kid and a grown man is acceptable.

...now people are defending the man.

Could imagine a liberal had said this?

Are there no depths some are willing to sink to defend "their team"?

Peter1469
02-21-2017, 05:45 PM
The dude thinks a 13 year old boy is able to give consent and that buttsex between a 13 year old kid and a grown man is acceptable.

You position is crafted for you by the "media" that edited the video.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
How is issuing an apology spin? What do you want him to do? Get down on his knees and beg for your forgiveness? If anything, he should be taking these outrage-addicts to task for their self-righteous lies and histrionics, not issuing some lame apology.
He never claimed to be a victim in the video that's being discussed. He thanked "father Micheal" and went on about how lovely those "relationships" were. Now he is changing his story and saying he's a victim. He very well may be...but he can't have it both ways.

You can't advocate for relationships between 13 year old boys and men in their late 20's, tell us how nice it is and then claim to be a victim.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:47 PM
You position is crafted for you by the "media" that edited the video.
Pffft...bullshit. His words are quite clear. Not everything is a conspiracy, dude...

decedent
02-21-2017, 05:48 PM
My respect for him just shot way up after watching him in this video.

He was almost bragging to Joe Rogan about his affair with a priest as a child. Now he's playing the victim. It seems very dishonest.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAg3kLNrcn8

Bethere
02-21-2017, 05:49 PM

Jerry Sandusky (r) laughs.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 05:51 PM

Nice answer. You have won a trip to Epstein Island!

Of course, Epstein Island is a magical place where Bill Clinton is the antichrist but Donald Trump is a patriot warrior hero.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 05:52 PM

HE was the boy in question. And there is no magic number at which consent becomes possible. It ought to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

I'm defending English language. Pedophilia has a definition. Sex with pubescent minors is not pedophilia.

Liberals are supposed to be the ones defending sexual liberality. Yet they sound as puritanical and self-righteous as any reactionary.

I don't have a team, and if I did, Milo would not be on it. Try debating me on the merits instead of just chalking it up to partisanship.

del
02-21-2017, 05:53 PM

it was a conservative group, the reagan battalion, that put out the video.

perhaps some people just aren't enlightened enough to accept advocacy for pederasty as part of the milo experience.

del
02-21-2017, 05:54 PM
Not sure how many times I've seen this where someone says something, explains his intention, and others declare they know better, that their interpretation trumps his intention.
not sure how many times i've seen this where someone steps in the shit, tries to spin their way out of it and gets his/her ass handed to him.

sad!

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 05:55 PM
HE was the boy in question. And there is no magic number at which consent becomes possible. It ought to be determined on a case-by-case basis.

I'm defending English language. Pedophilia has a definition. Sex with pubescent minors is not pedophilia.

Liberals are supposed to be the ones defending sexual liberality. Yet they sound as puritanical and self-righteous as any reactionary.

I don't have a team, and if I did, Milo would not be on it. Try debating me on the merits instead of just chalking it up to partisanship.
Did I say pedophilia?

When liberals defend sexual liberty, they do so with regards to consenting adults. A 13 year old is not an adult.

Frankly I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is, if you're defending this dude and his ridiculous comments, you have issues.

Ethereal
He never claimed to be a victim in the video that's being discussed. He thanked "father Micheal" and went on about how lovely those "relationships" were. Now he is changing his story and saying he's a victim. He very well may be...but he can't have it both ways.

He's just wimping out because everyone accused him of defending pedophilia. What he said the first time was clearly his honest opinion. This prepackaged apology is just damage control. As for how lovely his relationship was, I have no idea. Only Milo could possibly know that.

You can't advocate for relationships between 13 year old boys and men in their late 20's, tell us how nice it is and then claim to be a victim.

I agree.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

Allow me to apologize for having a different opinion and daring to express it on a political forum.

Chris
not sure how many times i've seen this where someone steps in the shit, tries to spin their way out of it and gets his/her ass handed to him.

sad!

Sorry to hear that, del, shake it off.

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:56 PM

I did.

Again, I ask what horrible interpretation did you arrive at and project onto Milo. His explanation is not.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 05:57 PM

What do you mean by that?

Chris
02-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Milo did what he said he would never do. He wimped out and apologized. I saw the videos in question long before they became such a big issue. While certainly edgy and controversial, his statements came nowhere close to defending or advocating pedophilia, which is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Sexual relations with pubescent minors, while certainly illegal, is NOT pedophilia. Also, whether or not something was wrong with his teenage relationships is largely up to Milo. So if he said he wasn't a victim, then he wasn't a victim. Nobody gets to determine that for him, least of all his self-serving critics.

Exactly.

But for some, in a post-truth, fake news world, personal agendas rule the day.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 05:59 PM
What do you mean by that?

Lol.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:00 PM

And ignoring both his explanation and the context that adds to those earlier words. The "boy" he was talking about earlier was himself. In order to buy your interpretation you would have to believe a victim of pedasty advocates it and that's absurd, as Milo says.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:02 PM

perhaps some people just aren't enlightened enough to accept advocacy for pederasty as part of the milo experience.

What advocacy? Like I said in another thread the left's buying the establishment rights interpretation of Milo is like anti-Islamics buying the Koranic interpretations of terrorists. Whatever suits the agenda.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Did I say pedophilia?

No, you didn't. But Milo isn't issuing an apology because of something "Common Sense" said on tPF. He's issuing an apology because of something major media organizations and social media accounts were saying. I saw "Milo defends pedophilia" trending on Facebook at least twice in the past two days. Nothing Milo said was a defense or advocacy of pedophilia. That is a LIE.

When liberals defend sexual liberty, they do so with regards to consenting adults. A 13 year old is not an adult.

"Adult" in what sense? Legally? Biologically? Psychologically? I would tend to agree that most people that age cannot consent. But I would not go so far as to say none of them can. But instead of creating some magic number standard, I believe it should be examined on a case-by-case basis.

Frankly I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is, if you're defending this dude and his ridiculous comments, you have issues.

Yes, of course! Anyone who has a different opinion than you must have issues. There can be no other explanation!

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Lol.
If you have something to say, then just come out and say it. Unless, of course, you're a coward?

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Did I say pedophilia?

The problem here is you assume, like del, advocacy and then jump to attacking those who disagree with your interpretation of Milo as if they advocate it. It serves great emotional appeal, after all, who would want to be associated with pederasty/pedophilia? But your argument is mere rhetorical trickery.

del
What advocacy? Like I said in another thread the left's buying the establishment rights interpretation of Milo is like anti-Islamics buying the Koranic interpretations of terrorists. Whatever suits the agenda.

"In the homosexual world particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men - the sort of 'coming of age' relationships - those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can't speak to their parents."

this advocacy

spin away

Safety

Par for the course.

Ravens Fan
That was the exact tactic used against Trump several times... including Saturday.

Chris
If you have something to say, then just come out and say it. Unless, of course, you're a coward?

He has nothing.

Safety
02-21-2017, 06:08 PM

Like the PP abortion one?

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 06:08 PM
I did. All 3... the ones the press lied about and the one in this OP. He was talking about himself and his experience. Who are you, or anybody else to tell a victim how they are supposed to cope with something?

Safety
02-21-2017, 06:09 PM

He has nothing.

Really?

Chris
"In the homosexual world particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men - the sort of 'coming of age' relationships - those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can't speak to their parents."

this advocacy

spin away

What advocacy? Where is he advocating pederasty or pedophilia? It's not there in his words. It is however found in your interpretation of his words. But of course "someone says something, explains his intention, and others declare they know better, that their interpretation trumps his intention." Thank you for the demonstration.

Chris
Really?

lol is something?

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:10 PM

I already did. You understood it. Nothing more needs to be said.

Of course, Epstein Island is a magical place where Bill Clinton is the antichrist but Donald Trump is a patriot warrior hero.

Ethereal
I was thirteen once. I thought about sex all the time. I wanted it desperately. And I would have had sex with just about any attractive woman of any age had they given me half the chance. And I wasn't alone in that kind of thinking. Sex was a veritable obsession for almost every other boy my age. None of us would have considered ourselves a "victim" if some hot woman in her twenties had had sex with one of us.

del
lol is something?
you can read minds now?

Safety
02-21-2017, 06:11 PM
lol is something?

There was a whole thread dedicated to its' use. So, yea, it means something. But on a further note, whether or not it means something, does not mean he isn't entitled to his opinion like everyone is without being publicly shamed or ganged up for it.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:12 PM
I already said it. You understood it. Nothing more needs to be said.

So you were accusing me of being attracted to underage prostitutes?

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:13 PM
this advocacy

spin away

Not pedophilia.

Ravens Fan
He was almost bragging to Joe Rogan about his affair with a priest as a child. Now he's playing the victim. It seems very dishonest.
He was making jokes about his own experiences. He also said that he has never felt like a victim, but realizes that he is one.

I can tell you from personal experience of being a FireFighter/EMT, that laughter really is the best medicine. If what he said offended you, make sure to never hang out with a first responder, you will wind up running for a safe space.

Common Sense
I did. All 3... the ones the press lied about and the one in this OP. He was talking about himself and his experience. Who are you, or anybody else to tell a victim how they are supposed to cope with something?
Give me a break...

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:15 PM
So you were accusing me of being attracted to underage prostitutes?

Is that what I said?

Ethereal
Who are you, or anybody else to tell a victim how they are supposed to cope with something?

"Liberals" have a VERY HIGH opinion of themselves. They know what's best for you and they aren't afraid to show it. And God forbid you disagree with them! Then you "have issues".

del

Not pedophilia.

try to keep up.

because pederasty is so much better than pedophilia

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Really?
I like how you ignore his comment about me earning a trip to Epstein Island.

As usual, your selectivity is apparent.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:17 PM
There was a whole thread dedicated to its' use. So, yea, it means something. But on a further note, whether or not it means something, does not mean he isn't entitled to his opinion like everyone is without being publicly shamed or ganged up for it.
What is his opinion? That I should go to Epstein Island?

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:17 PM
I was thirteen once. I thought about sex all the time. I wanted it desperately. And I would have had sex with just about any attractive woman of any age had they given me half the chance. And I wasn't alone in that kind of thinking. Sex was a veritable obsession for almost every other boy my age. None of us would have considered ourselves a "victim" if some hot woman in her twenties had had sex with one of us.

It doesn't matter if the 13 year old considers herself a victim. The law speaks clearly on this.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:18 PM
try to keep up.

You have yet to demonstrate either in Milo's words. Only your own interpretation of them.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Give me a break...
Another benighted individual with the audacity to disagree with Common Sense. Will it never end!?

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:19 PM
Is that what I said?
You said I understood you. That's how I understood it. Feel free to clarify what you meant if I'm wrong.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:20 PM
Give me a break...

So that's your defense for incorrectly interpreting Milo's words?

Why bother arguing.

Archer0915
02-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Poor guy?
Yeah! That mouth got him in trouble.

Dr. Who

Having sex with postpubescent minors is called statutory rape. There are teachers doing time for having sex with teenage minors, despite the fact that the teens were willing participants. Photographing them or disseminating photographs of them in sexually explicit or in the nude is still considered child pornography. Either are considered sex offenders under the law.

Bethere
You said I understood you. That's how I understood it. Feel free to clarify what you meant if I'm wrong.

My obligation is to speak clearly. Convincing the unconvincable isn't my cross to bear.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
This is fascinating though, the left aligning with the establishment right against those who are neither.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
try to keep up.

You should probably take your own advice, because this was never about his defense of pederasty. The accusations floating around in the media have been about pedophilia.

Define "pederasty".

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Having sex with postpubescent minors is called statutory rape. There are teachers doing time for having sex with teenage minors, despite the fact that the teens were willing participants. Photographing them or disseminating photographs of them in sexually explicit or in the nude is still considered child pornography. Either are considered sex offenders under the law.

Green Arrow
02-21-2017, 06:24 PM
I barely cared who he was before and I find that I care even less now.

Ethereal
It doesn't matter if the 13 year old considers herself a victim. The law speaks clearly on this.
The law is exactly what I'm objecting to, so citing it is patently nonsensical.

Tahuyaman
Milo resigns from Breitbart.
A month ago I didn't know anything about this guy. Today, I don't care.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:25 PM

Again, I know what the law is. That's what I'm objecting to. Citing the law as a defense of itself is illogical.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:26 PM
So that's your defense for incorrectly interpreting Milo's words?

Why bother arguing.
I haven't incorrectly interpreted his words.

What's your defence for defending a person who thinks sex between a child and an adult is acceptable?

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:26 PM
My obligation is to speak clearly. Convincing the unconvincable isn't my cross to bear.
You said I understood you. I understood you to mean that I'm attracted to underage prostitutes. Otherwise, why would you say such a thing?

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Give me a break...
I could say the same to you. You really should stop putting intentions into the words of others, at least until you become a mind-reader. It was pretty obvious in the videos both that he was trying to joke about his own experiences and that he was in no way advocating sex with minors. If he was just gay, and not anti-left, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... I would have to argue with the far right...

Ethereal

Dr. Who's response was not cogent. Not surprised you failed to see that.

Bethere
You said I understood you. I understood you to mean that I'm attracted to underage prostitutes. Otherwise, why would you say such a thing?

Why would I?

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:28 PM
Dr. Who's response was not cogent. Not surprised you failed to see that.

Of course it was. The Who response was, in fact, definitive.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:29 PM
You should probably take your own advice, because this was never about his defense of pederasty. The accusations floating around in the media have been about pedophilia.

Define "pederasty".
The video I posted mentions pederasty, not pedophilia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAg3kLNrcn8

Ravens Fan
"Liberals" have a VERY HIGH opinion of themselves. They know what's best for you and they aren't afraid to show it. And God forbid you disagree with them! Then you "have issues".

Very true. I can remember when I was lectured on here about the fact that I am not completely out of the closet... or that I didn't agree with forcing gay marriage through the courts as opposed to using legislation. I was a bad gay.

Ethereal

What's your defence for defending a person who thinks sex between a child and an adult is acceptable?

Again, how are you defining "child" and "adult"? It seems you're relying exclusively on legal designations of such, which are largely arbitrary and can vary substantially between jurisdictions.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:30 PM

Right, but let's remember what Milo was talking about in the earlier videos was him self as victim not as advocate.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Why would I?

You were trying to associate me with the underage prostitution ring at Epstein's island. That's how I understood it. And that's the kind of person you are.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:32 PM
I could say the same to you. You really should stop putting intentions into the words of others, at least until you become a mind-reader. It was pretty obvious in the videos both that he was trying to joke about his own experiences and that he was in no way advocating sex with minors. If he was just gay, and not anti-left, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... I would have to argue with the far right...

I apologize for my disdainful reply, I just don't see it that way at all. Milo was going on about how special these relationships are.

I have a hard time believing anyone would be defending his words. I can only chalk it up to either just be contrary, or partisanship. I may be wrong and others are just seeing something I don't.

To me his comments are advocating sex between children and adults. Period.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Again, how are you defining "child" and "adult"? It seems you're relying exclusively on legal designations of such, which are largely arbitrary and can vary substantially between jurisdictions.

"Thirteen," reads the same in every jurisdiction, every language.

Ethereal
Of course it was. The Who response was, in fact, definitive.
If I'm objecting to the law, then how is citing the law a cogent response?

Common Sense
Sorry, I see a 13 year old as a child. Probably because they are.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Again that is your interpretation and the point of contention here. Did he advocate pedophilia let alone pederasty? I say no.

Del posted his words. He failed to demonstrate advocacy of pedophilia let alone pederasty in those words. Perhaps you can provide an explanation. One that counters Milo's explanation he was talking about himself not as advocate but victim. Good luck explaining the contradiction inherent in a victim advocating.

It's great that you have an opinion but what's the point if you can't defend it?

Bethere
If I'm objecting to the law, then how is citing the law a cogent response?

You were trying to associate me with the underage prostitution ring at Epstein's island. That's how I understood it. And that's the kind of person you are.

No, that's not it. Try again. May I suggest that you consider, "sarcasm?"

Ethereal
The video I posted mentions pederasty, not pedophilia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=$#@!3kLNrcn8

Link isn't working. And it does not change the accusations of pedophilia swirling around on social media and news networks. That is the main issue here.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Very true. I can remember when I was lectured on here about the fact that I am not completely out of the closet... or that I didn't agree with forcing gay marriage through the courts as opposed to using legislation. I was a bad gay.
You Uncle Tom!

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Link isn't working. And it does not change the accusations of pedophilia swirling around on social media and news networks. That is the main issue here.
That's great, but I didn't say pedophilia. I really don't care what people are saying on facebook.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:36 PM

So again, your opinion rests entirely on your views.

If everyone assumed that then there'd be no communication. Words would not mean what speakers intend but only what listeners interpret.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 06:36 PM

All of that is true, however the point being made is that the press is claiming he advocates for pedophilia, which he clearly did not. He clearly said that it makes him sick.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:37 PM
So again, your opinion rests entirely on your views.

If everyone assumed that then there'd be no communication. Words would not mean what speakers intend but only what listers interpret.
Ok...

Chris

At least Common Sense is trying to contribute to discussion. Him and Who about the only one's on the left...or the right.

Ethereal
I apologize for my disdainful reply, I just don't see it that way at all. Milo was going on about how special these relationships are.

I have a hard time believing anyone would be defending his words. I can only chalk it up to either just be contrary, or partisanship. I may be wrong and others are just seeing something I don't.

Lots of reasonable people have perfectly valid objections to how age of consent laws are structured and enforced.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:38 PM
"Thirteen," reads the same in every jurisdiction, every language.
Not a cogent response.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Lots of reasonable people have perfectly valid objections to how age of consent laws are structured and enforced.
Why don't you tell me specifically how you would argue that a 28 year old man performing anal sex on a 13 year old "man" is acceptable in any way shape or form.

I'll wait.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:40 PM

Why are you refusing to answer the question?

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:41 PM
At least Common Sense is trying to contribute to discussion. Him and Who about the only one's on the left...or the right.

If you can't see the blatant double standard illustrated by epstein island, which is totally relevant to this thread, then I can't help you.

Ethereal

I already asked you to clarify what you meant and you refused to do so. So I will just assume that's what you meant, especially when you said I understood you.

Common Sense
Why are you refusing to answer the question?

An adult is someone who is fully grown and fully developed. A 13 year old is not an adult.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Not a cogent response.

Not a complete sentence.

Ethereal
That's great, but I didn't say pedophilia. I really don't care what people are saying on facebook.
I know this may come as a shock to you, but this thread isn't about you. It's about Milo. And the reason he's apologizing and resigning from Breitbart is because he was accused of defending pedophilia.

Chris
Why don't you tell me specifically how you would argue that a 28 year old man performing anal sex on a 13 year old "man" is acceptable in any way shape or form.

I'll wait.

You keep playing the same rhetorical trick, assuming defending Milo's explanation of his words as victim implies advocacy of pederasty/pedophilia. You'll wait until you approach discussion with some intellectual honesty.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 06:43 PM

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here. I do think that if you would let down the guard that went up when you heard "Supports Pedophilia" and "13 years old", and listen to what he is actually saying, you would understand why some of us feel his words are being twisted and his intent lied about.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:44 PM
I already asked you to clarify what you meant and you refused to do so. So I will just assume that's what you meant, especially when you said I understood you.

You would have done that regardless of what I said.

Mister D
Our gay rights brigade can't wrap their little minds around the fact that age of consent laws are entirely arbitrary and entirely the product of cultural prejudice. Now they wanna bash them some pervs. LOL @ this thread.

Chris
If you can't see the blatant double standard illustrated by epstein island, which is totally relevant to this thread, then I can't help you.

You are unable to help, we agree.

Peter1469
Pffft...bullshit. His words are quite clear. Not everything is a conspiracy, dude...

An edited video....

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:45 PM
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here. I do think that if you would let down the guard that went up when you heard "Supports Pedophilia" and "13 years old", and listen to what he is actually saying, you would understand why some of us feel his words are being twisted and his intent lied about.

He's under too much peer pressure to do that.

Peter1469

They hate gays and they hate Trump.

Safety
I barely cared who he was before and I find that I care even less now.

But he says things that makes snowflakes riot, so we are supposed to overlook his character, because character assassinations are only for SJWs.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:46 PM
You are unable to help, we agree.

I am bethere. I am awesome, but I'm not a miracle worker.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:47 PM
Our gay rights brigade can't wrap their little minds around the fact that age of consent laws are entirely arbitrary and entirely the product of cultural prejudice. Now they wanna bash them some pervs. LOL @ this thread.

The circular theory of politics takes the left and right ends of the political spectrum and draws them up toward each other till they meet one and the same.

The old division is broken.

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 06:48 PM

It seems to me that Milo defended, perhaps unintentionally, the attraction between men in particular and teenagers. He also described himself as being sexually promiscuous at a very early age ("a predator"), noting that in his own case, it was a form of acting out and getting control over adults (childish behavior) and (contradictorily) that he was "a very mature 14-year-old" as if that was some kind of distinction. The fact that post-pubescent minor males are walking hormones does not change the fact that they both legally and I would suggest emotionally ill-prepared for sexual relationships and all of the potential consequences. He also notes being at parties where "very young boys" were taking drugs and having sex with adults - not that he indicated any interest in turning in the sex-offending adults, or really condemn them.

Chris
02-21-2017, 06:48 PM
I am bethere. I am awesome, but I'm not a miracle worker.

https://i.snag.gy/TGfOBq.jpg

Milo is that way too.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 06:50 PM
The circular theory of politics takes the left and right ends of the political spectrum and draws them up toward each other till they meet one and the same.

I can appreciate your efforts to put a philosophical spin on it but this utter lack of self-awareness stems more from the lazy thinking and self-righteous bloviating typical of progressives.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:52 PM

I'll wait.

The only question that matters is was it consensual, not some magical numbers. And if it was consensual, then it probably shouldn't be treated as a criminal act. But that question can only be answered with reference to the specific context in which the act occurred. First and foremost, we must examine the state of mind of both parties to the act, especially the younger party's. Milo says he was not coerced, so that is an important piece of evidence to consider in arriving at a conclusion. Granted, it's not dispositive, but it cannot be ignored either. In any case, I don't have enough evidence to say one way or the other. It's entirely possible that Milo was coerced. But it's also possible he was not. For some reason, you absolutely refuse to accept the latter possibility and accuse me of "having issues" merely for entertaining it. It seems it is almost impossible to have a good faith disagreement with the forum's "liberals" about anything halfway controversial or difficult. They always resort to insults, condescension, and dismissals.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:53 PM
https://i.snag.gy/TGfOBq.jpg

Milo is that way too.

I understand the game. I defend myself in kind and then....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1TrupHRQRs

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 06:54 PM

It's kind of like when a McCain or Graham talk bad about Trump and the left gets all excited. Trump, and Milo attack the establishment, of course they are going to see the establishment attack back. 2 sides of the same coin... and don't you dare try and stop them.

del
02-21-2017, 06:55 PM
You have yet to demonstrate either in Milo's words. Only your own interpretation of them.

that's nice, honey

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
An adult is someone who is fully grown and fully developed. A 13 year old is not an adult.
That's totally ambiguous. Some people don't stop growing and developing until their mid-twenties.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Not a complete sentence.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm done wasting my time with you.

Excellent. Don't forget your handy ignore button.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:00 PM
They can wrap their heads around it if doing so serves their agenda.

del
02-21-2017, 07:00 PM

Define "pederasty".

www.dictionary.com

help yourself

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:01 PM
I think this issue might have more to do with the right's percieved attack on them and their fascination with supposed fake news than defending Milo's obvious approval of sexual relations between grown men and young boys.

It seems they will defend anything. Even this insanity...

del
02-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Again that is your interpretation and the point of contention here. Did he advocate pedophilia let alone pederasty? I say no.

Del posted his words. He failed to demonstrate advocacy of pedophilia let alone pederasty in those words. Perhaps you can provide an explanation. One that counters Milo's explanation he was talking about himself not as advocate but victim. Good luck explaining the contradiction inherent in a victim advocating.

It's great that you have an opinion but what's the point if you can't defend it?
his *victimhood* comes at a very convenient time, no?

del
02-21-2017, 07:04 PM
Ok...

:rofl:

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 07:06 PM

A child who enters into sexual relations with an adult is always the victim, rather HE realizes it or not.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:06 PM
It seems to me that Milo defended, perhaps unintentionally, the attraction between men in particular and teenagers. He also described himself as being sexually promiscuous at a very early age ("a predator"), noting that in his own case, it was a form of acting out and getting control over adults (childish behavior) and (contradictorily) that he was "a very mature 14-year-old" as if that was some kind of distinction. The fact that post-pubescent minor males are walking hormones does not change the fact that they both legally and I would suggest emotionally ill-prepared for sexual relationships and all of the potential consequences. He also notes being at parties where "very young boys" were taking drugs and having sex with adults - not that he indicated any interest in turning in the sex-offending adults, or really condemn them.

Those hormones are not arbitrary, unlike age of consent laws. They are the product of thousands of years of evolution and natural selection. Those hormones are a big reason why we survived this harsh world for so long. That said, I would tend to agree that pubescence is not, in and of itself, indicative of the ability to consent. However, being younger than a certain magical number does not preclude the ability to consent. That is why I believe these things should be examined on a case-by-case basis as and when problems arise.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:09 PM
www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

help yourself

It's ambiguous, which is why I'm asking you to provide a more exacting definition. However, that would require a genuine desire on your part to have a real discussion about something political.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:12 PM
I think this issue might have more to do with the right's percieved attack on them and their fascination with supposed fake news than defending Milo's obvious approval of sexual relations between grown men and young boys.

I'm not on "the right". I routinely defend liberal values on drugs, gay marriage, sex, and other forms of personal choice. I have a genuine objection to age of consent laws and it has NOTHING to do with Milo. His situation merely gave me an opportunity to air those objections.

del
02-21-2017, 07:12 PM
A child who enters into sexual relations with an adult is always the victim, rather HE realizes it or not.
i'm referring to the fact that i can't find any reference to milo's victimhood that predates yesterday.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Exactly right. His apology probably wasn't genuine. He's probably kowtowing to his critics, which is something he said he would never do. He wimped out.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 07:15 PM
i'm referring to the fact that i can't find any reference to milo's victimhood that predates yesterday.
Didn't you watch the videos that started all this? He jokes about it, but it is clear that he was a victim of child sex abuse. When pressed to talk more about the specifics, he changed the subject. But the way he copes with what happened doesn't change it happening...

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:19 PM
If Milo didn't say anything wrong, why did he apologize and claim that he said things that he didn't mean?

Why is he resigning if nothing improper was said?

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Exactly right. His apology probably wasn't genuine. He's probably kowtowing to his critics, which is something he said he would never do. He wimped out.
I don't really see where he wimped out. He explained what he had been discussing in the videos, explained his MO, and promised to continue being himself. He claims only to be leaving Breitbart to take the controversy away from them.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:22 PM
If Milo didn't say anything wrong, why did he apologize and claim that he said things that he didn't mean?

Because he's being accused of defending pedophilia and wanted to defuse the situation. A scripted apology was the best way of accomplishing that. Granted, this is only my opinion, but it's entirely consistent with his past views on issuing such apologies. I cannot count how many times Milo told people NEVER APOLOGIZE. Yet that's exactly what he did.

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:23 PM
But he says things that makes snowflakes riot, so we are supposed to overlook his character, because character assassinations are only for SJWs.

No, some people do nothing but look at and attempt to assassinate character. I mean, why do you assume he was the cause of snowflakes rioting? Maybe it was those character assassinators.

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:24 PM

He explains that in his apology. Wait, you didn't listen?

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:25 PM

It's in the videos that brought this all about. Wait, you didn't list either?

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:25 PM

That's your explanation of your interpretation of his words?

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:26 PM
It's in the videos that brought this all about. Wait, you didn't list either?
Him thanking Father Micheal for his blowjob skills?

Common Sense
It's amazing what people will defend...

Ethereal
I don't really see where he wimped out. He explained what he had been discussing in the videos, explained his MO, and promised to continue being himself. He claims only to be leaving Breitbart to take the controversy away from them.
It's just my opinion, but I believe he was stating his honest opinion in those original videos and that this is a concession to his critics. He should have stuck to his guns.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:27 PM
It's more amazing how up your own ass you are.

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:28 PM

I agree, the right, the establishment right, is doing the same thing you and del are doing, assuming your interpretation of advocacy is so obvious you can not only demean him with it but anyone who dares disagree with your interpretation.

What's it like joining up with the right you on the left so despise?

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Him thanking Father Micheal for his blowjob skills?

What was his explanation for that?

At least your starting to look at him not as advocate but victim. Or do you blame the victim?

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:29 PM
...at least it's of a consenting age.

Chris
02-21-2017, 07:30 PM

Indeed, they make up interpretations and defend them with every rhetorical trick but an explanation how they came up with that interpretation. Amazing, simply amazing.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 07:32 PM

Wow.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:34 PM
The age of consent in Germany is fourteen, one year more than the age at which Milo was supposedly victimized. I guess the year in between thirteen and fourteen is a magical year when the consent fairy comes for a visit?

You cannot defend your position with logic, evidence, or anything approaching a rational argument, so you just opine on how amazing it is that anyone would disagree with you, as if you are the ultimate arbiter of acceptable opinion. Your superior and condescending attitude is beyond tiresome at this point. If all you're going to do is insult and dismiss people who have a different opinion, then why the hell are you even here? To stroke your own ego?

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Wow.
lol

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Indeed, they make up interpretations and defend them with every rhetorical trick but an explanation how they came up with that interpretation. Amazing, simply amazing.
I'm not making up interpretations. Even Milo admits that he said things that he now claims he "did not mean". I'm judging him by what he said.

What amazing, simply amazing, is how you will defend the man. I know if he was a liberal you'd condemn him...

Captain Obvious

Chronologically maybe

Ethereal
lol
Yea, Bethere is absolutely taken aback that anyone would respond to insults with insults of their own. We're just expected to take their endless condescension, imperiousness, and insults laying down.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 07:38 PM
The age of consent in Germany is fourteen, one year more than the age at which Milo was supposedly victimized. I guess the year in between thirteen and fourteen is a magical year when the consent fairy comes for a visit?

You cannot defend your position with logic, evidence, or anything approaching a rational argument, so you just opine on how amazing it is that anyone would disagree with you, as if you are the ultimate arbiter of acceptable opinion. Your superior and condescending attitude is beyond tiresome at this point. If all you're going to do is insult and dismiss people who have a different opinion, then why the hell are you even here? To stroke your own ego?

Common Sense avoided being subjective by using the objective standard of the law.

The law, as Common Sense knew, backs his position up completely.

You lose.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:38 PM

I don't know why you choose to insult me. Is there some inferiority complex you're dealing with?

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Yea, Bethere is absolutely taken aback that anyone would respond to insults with insults of their own. We're just expected to take their endless condescension, imperiousness, and insults laying down.
To be frank, bethere isn't that bright and Common Sense dismisses you because he's too lazy and insecure to put his POV on the line.

Captain Obvious
02-21-2017, 07:40 PM
So since it takes someone smarter than the herd to bring up an interesting tangent point outside of the usual mud slinging, here's the observation.

The left will be the first to suggest in instances like Boy Scouts, gays are no more likely to be child creepers than straight men, yet here is an example of a prominent gay media personality showing signs of creeper.

I'm not suggesting that this example extrapolates to the norm, it's just an observation.

Carry on.

Mark III
WGAF ?

Did anyone catch this sentence in his statement today, by the way ?

"I am a performer"

Mister D
I don't know why you choose to insult me. Is there some inferiority complex you're dealing with?
He didn't insult you.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:41 PM
I don't know why you choose to insult me.

Because you insulted me first. Or is accusing someone of "having issues" a compliment where you come from? In any case, you always do this when someone has an honest opinion that falls outside the narrow confines of acceptable opinion as defined by you. You get all superior and condescending and then talk to yourself about how amazing it is that someone out there dares to have a differing opinion than you do. It's obnoxious and belittling and does nothing to promote a substantive dialog.

Is there some inferiority complex you're dealing with?

You're the one who's always acting superior to everyone else, so maybe you're the one suffering from an inferiority complex?

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 07:41 PM
How many of those who are so upset by Milo are upset about Sara Silverman? Should she be under attack too?

I mean, that was obvious sarcasm as well, but if I take some of the views shown here... It is obvious that she had a child in the room with her, and was just waiting for an answer before molesting them.

Common Sense
02-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Because you insulted me first. Or is accusing someone of "having issues" a compliment where you come from? In any case, you always do this when someone has an honest yet passionate disagreement about something. You get all superior and condescending and then talk to yourself about how amazing it is that someone out there dares to have a differing opinion than you do.

You're the one whose always acting superior to everyone else, so maybe you're the one suffering from an inferiority complex?
I didn't refer to you. I said anyone.

You claim I'm acting superior. I think that issue is on you if that's how you perceive things.

I'm going to bow out of this.

Cheers.

Captain Obvious
02-21-2017, 07:43 PM
How many of those who are so upset by Milo are upset about Sara Silverman? Should she be under attack too?

I mean, that was obvious sarcasm as well, but if I take some of the views shown here... It is obvious that she had a child in the room with her, and was just waiting for an answer before molesting them.

It's in bad taste for one thing.

And, children don't have legal capacity for consent so yes, it would be considered molestation.

Silverman isn't the sharpest bulb in the shed.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:44 PM
To be frank, bethere isn't that bright and Common Sense dismisses you because he's too lazy and insecure to put his POV on the line.
That's an insult to people who aren't that bright.

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Again, I know what the law is. That's what I'm objecting to. Citing the law as a defense of itself is illogical.

No it's not, unless you don't agree with the basis for the law. This wasn't a problem a couple of hundred years ago or so when we married off our kids as young as 12 or 13-years-old. However, back then the poor were illiterate, usually didn't live much beyond the age of 50 and couldn't read or write.

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 07:45 PM

No where near as many times as you seen someone run their mouth to get a reaction, suddenly realize what an appalling thing they've said, and try to spin it into something else.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 07:46 PM
That's an insult to people who aren't that bright.

He didn't mean for you to take it so personally.

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 07:47 PM

Way to split hairs there dude.

Ravens Fan
02-21-2017, 07:48 PM
It's in bad taste for one thing.

And, children don't have legal capacity for consent so yes, it would be considered molestation.

Silverman isn't the sharpest bulb in the shed.
I agree with all of that, but wanted to bring it up to point out the hypocrisy. I don't remember anyone getting indignant over her comments. She is still doing very well in Hollywood. Why the selective outrage? Nevermind... I know why.

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM

It is if it's anticonservative.

Captain Obvious
02-21-2017, 07:49 PM
I agree with all of that, but wanted to bring it up to point out the hypocrisy. I don't remember anyone getting indignant over her comments. She is still doing very well in Hollywood. Why the selective outrage? Nevermind... I know why.

Fair point but Silverman is a grain of sand on the beach of public interest.

Trump is the ocean.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:50 PM
I didn't refer to you. I said anyone.

Which necessarily includes me and everyone else in this thread defending Milo. So not only did you insult me, you insulted multiple other members.

You claim I'm acting superior. I think that issue is on you if that's how you perceive things.

No, it's definitely on you. You have accused your opponents of "having issues" and then you proceeded to express you amazement that anyone would dare disagree with you. If you cannot see how that is acting superior, then you lack any semblance of self awareness.

I'm going to bow out of this.

You bowed out pages ago when you stopped trying to defend your argument and started insulting your opponents.

Cheers.

Oh please.

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Perhaps it's because we don't live in the "classical" ages where pederasty was culturally enshrined, but in the 21 century where it's called the sexual molestation of a minor i.e. pedophilia.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:52 PM
No it's not, unless you don't agree with the basis for the law. This wasn't a problem a couple of hundred years ago or so when we married off our kids as young as 12 or 13-years-old. However, back then the poor were illiterate, usually didn't live much beyond the age of 50 and couldn't read or write.
That's nice but it doesn't make it any less of an arbitrary cultural prejudice. You like some prejudices and you don't like others. It would be nice if you people would at least attempt to be honest about that instead of trying to make the prejudices you like sound moral or, worse still, scientific.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 07:53 PM
That's nice but it doesn't make it any less of an arbitrary cultural prejudice. You like some prejudices and you don't like others. It would be nice if you people would at least attempt to be honest about that instead of trying to make the prejudices you like sound moral or, worse still, scientific.

It's not a prejudice. It's the law.

Ask Republican fundraiser, Jerry Sandusky.

Mister D
Perhaps it's because we don't live in the "classical" ages where pederasty was culturally enshrined, but in the 21 century where it's called the sexual molestation of a minor i.e. pedophilia.

Who practiced pedophilia in the "classical ages"?

Ethereal
Way to split hairs there dude.

The distinction between pedophilia and sex with pubescent minors is a distinction made in both law and biology. So if you have a problem with it, then feel free to take it up with the legal and scientific communities.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:55 PM
It's not a prejudice. It's the law. Ethereal this is what I mean. He's not particularly bright. Blacks aren't allowed to sit with whites. That's not a cultural prejudice. It's the law! lol

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:56 PM
The distinction between pedophilia and sex with pubescent minors is a distinction made in both law and biology. So if you have a problem with it, then feel free to take it up with the legal and scientific communities.
It's also a distinction progressives are quick to make in other circumstances.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Anyway, very entertaining thread. Thank you all.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 07:58 PM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) this is what I mean. He's not particularly bright. Blacks aren't allowed to sit with whites. That's not a cultural prejudice. It's the law! lol

Always an attack..

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 07:59 PM
No it's not, unless you don't agree with the basis for the law.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE BASIS FOR THE LAW.

I've made that clear several times. So citing the law as a defense of itself is illogical and lacking in cogency.

This wasn't a problem a couple of hundred years ago or so when we married off our kids as young as 12 or 13-years-old. However, back then the poor were illiterate, usually didn't live much beyond the age of 50 and couldn't read or write.

Pubescence has been the cutoff for sexual activity for all of human history, not just a few hundred years ago. In fact, modern age of consent laws are the aberration, deriving largely from puritanical notions of sex and the infantilization of youth.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:00 PM

Pedophiles.

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 08:00 PM
What advocacy? Where is he advocating pederasty or pedophilia? It's not there in his words. It is however found in your interpretation of his words. But of course "someone says something, explains his intention, and others declare they know better, that their interpretation trumps his intention." Thank you for the demonstration.

Dude, really? Why are you spinning so hard to protect this guy? I know you guys are not advocating for priests to molest underage parishioners. Why are you working so hard to defend someone who so obviously does, or at least said he did?

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 08:01 PM

What about your priest?

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:03 PM
What about your priest?
I was attracted to women, not men. So I was thinking about nuns, not priests.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:04 PM
What about your priest?

Gays seem to be largely Democrats.

Pedophiles seem largely to be Republicans.

Or so it seems.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:07 PM
I was attracted to women, not men. So I was thinking about nuns, not priests.

You were a child and unable to legally enter into a contract or provide consent.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:08 PM
I was far more traumatized by a lack of sex than I would have been by sex with an older woman. I would see the female teachers getting arrested for having sex with their male students and ask, "Why not me!?" This was a question that many of my male compatriots had. We're still waiting for an answer.

Adelaide
02-21-2017, 08:12 PM
I was far more traumatized by a lack of sex than I would have been by sex with an older woman. I would see the female teachers getting arrested for having sex with their male students and ask, "Why not me!?" This was a question that many of my male compatriots had. We're still waiting for an answer.
Even if it is a common question, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is a healthy one. I can understand how/why a 13 year old might fantasize about older women since they are fully developed and probably represent the "ideal beauty" more than a 13 year old girl.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Even if it is a common question, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is a healthy one. I can understand how/why a 13 year old might fantasize about older women since they are fully developed and probably represent the "ideal beauty" more than a 13 year old girl.

When I was 13, I thought 13 year old girls rocked. They'd see me play my guitar and magically they thought I rocked, too. I never understood that, but i didn't let it bring me down.

I never, ever, ever fantasized about priests, nuns, teachers, or scoutmasters.

And if I did I didn't have the legal ability to provide consent.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:16 PM
The national age of consent in Japan in thirteen. Many countries in Europe and South America have age of consent at fourteen.

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:17 PM
How is it unhealthy for a sexually mature, heterosexual male to want to have sex with a sexually mature female? Wouldn't it be unhealthy NOT to think that way? And do not assume I was not also interested in the girls my age. I was quite interested.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:22 PM
How is it unhealthy for a sexually mature, heterosexual male to want to have sex with a sexually mature female? Wouldn't it be unhealthy NOT to think that way? And do not assume I was not also interested in the girls my age. I was quite interested.
You should have bought a guitar and taken a few lessons.

@NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018) Docthehun

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:23 PM

Such a good little boy... never thinking any unclean thoughts.

*pats head*

Dangermouse
This pervert is now jobless and British, so no more visa. He'll have to be deported back to us, the pedophile-sucker!

Poor Milo!

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/834199420761681920

Ethereal

@NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018) @Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986)

For once, we agree.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:24 PM
This pervert is now jobless and British, so no more visa. He'll have to be deported back to us, the pedophile-sucker!

Poor Milo!

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/834199420761681920
Milo did NOT defend pedophilia. That is a LIE.

Chris
02-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Dude, really? Why are you spinning so hard to protect this guy? I know you guys are not advocating for priests to molest underage parishioners. Why are you working so hard to defend someone who so obviously does, or at least said he did?

Very simple, he explained himself, his intentions, and his explanation makes sense. No one denigrating him yet as offered an argument against his explanation of intention, they just leap to the conclusion that their interpretation trumps his intention, they offer no explanation of how to get from his words to their interpretations. Just as you do.

Why? As I said, I like the way he makes the establishment left and right squirm. As he said in interview recently, it's so easy to trigger you all. That's why. That's all.

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Those hormones are not arbitrary, unlike age of consent laws. They are the product of thousands of years of evolution and natural selection. Those hormones are a big reason why we survived this harsh world for so long. That said, I would tend to agree that pubescence is not, in and of itself, indicative of the ability to consent. However, being younger than a certain magical number does not preclude the ability to consent. That is why I believe these things should be examined on a case-by-case basis as and when problems arise.
From my perspective, there is no case-by-case basis. A person under the age of 16 (really under the age of 21) has incomplete physical and cognitive development. Underage females can be rendered sterile from being pregnant too early, since the sexual organs are not necessarily completely developed until the age of 18. Underage males are characterized by risk-taking behavior, which in the sexual context can result in either unwanted pregnancy or the transmission of sexually transmitted disease. Furthermore, a post-pubescent male may still be very small for his age, not yet having achieved that growth spurt which could be delayed to the 14th or 15th year depending on genetic predisposition. Engaging in anal sex with a mature male can result in irrevocable harm to the physical structures of the anus and intestine. With repeated trauma, friction and stretching, the sphincter loses its tone and its ability to maintain a tight seal, resulting in anal leakage, not to mention anal and intestinal tearing which leaves the body open to all manner of potentially deadly bacterial or viral infection.

It's one thing for a fully grown adult to take these chances, knowing the potential consequences and another for a minor whose ability to consider the consequences is diminished or nonexistent.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Pedophiles.
So you don't know either. Shocker. lol

Adelaide

I didn't assume you were not into girls your own age, I simply said I could see why a young male would fantasize about older women. For example, Kate Upton has a great body that you would never really see on a 13 year old. I am just not sure that it is healthy for young males to look at cases where a teacher or someone above the age of consent violates the age of consent and thinks "I wish that were me." I would hope that sex education and/or parents are explaining to their kids that there is an age of consent, what to do if someone violates that, why there is an age of consent and so forth.

Canada previously had set the age of consent at 14 years of age and the Conservatives changed it to 16 years of age a few years ago. That seems reasonable.

Ethereal
From my perspective, there is no case-by-case basis. A person under the age of 16 (really under the age of 21) has incomplete physical and cognitive development. Underage females can be rendered sterile from being pregnant too early, since the sexual organs are not necessarily completely developed until the age of 18. Underage males are characterized by risk-taking behavior, which in the sexual context can result in either unwanted pregnancy or the transmission of sexually transmitted disease. Furthermore, a post-pubescent male may still be very small for his age, not yet having achieved that growth spurt which could be delayed to the 14th or 15th year depending on genetic predisposition. Engaging in anal sex with a mature male can result in irrevocable harm to the physical structures of the anus and intestine. With repeated trauma, friction and stretching, the sphincter loses its tone and its ability to maintain a tight seal, resulting in anal leakage, not to mention anal and intestinal tearing which leaves the body open to all manner of potentially deadly bacterial or viral infection.

It's one thing for a fully grown adult to take these chances, knowing the potential consequences and another for a minor whose ability to consider the consequences is diminished or nonexistent.
So when should a person be allowed to have sex?

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 08:28 PM
All of that is true, however the point being made is that the press is claiming he advocates for pedophilia, which he clearly did not. He clearly said that it makes him sick.
However, he seems not to view sex with a 13 or 14-year-old pedophelia, based on his own experiences.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Milo did NOT defend pedophilia. That is a LIE.

This was the guy who insisted Britons have highly favorable attitudes toward immigration. Apparently, he'll believe anything if he perceives an interest in doing so.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:29 PM
I didn't assume you were not into girls your own age, I simply said I could see why a young male would fantasize about older women. For example, Kate Upton has a great body that you would never really see on a 13 year old. I am just not sure that it is healthy for young males to look at cases where a teacher or someone above the age of consent violates the age of consent and thinks "I wish that were me." I would hope that sex education and/or parents are explaining to their kids that there is an age of consent, what to do if someone violates that, why there is an age of consent and so forth.

Canada previously had set the age of consent at 14 years of age and the Conservatives changed it to 16 years of age a few years ago. That seems reasonable.
They did explain it to us. Just like they told us to stay away from drugs. I refused to listen in both cases because it struck me as disingenuous, arbitrary, and fearful. In other words, my body was telling me one thing and these authority figures were telling me something completely different. I listened to my body and I'm glad I did.

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Such a good little boy... never thinking any unclean thoughts.

*pats head*
When I was 13, the 13 year old girls in my neighborhood made sure I didn't experience any sexual tension. They were looking instead for excuses to drop by the house.

Fantasizing about stuff I could not have never entered my mind.

del
02-21-2017, 08:30 PM
That's your explanation of your interpretation of his words?
no

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Don't do drugs! Practice abstinence!

Sure, while I'm at it, why don't I just throw myself in a dungeon and shackle myself to the floor... :smiley:

Adelaide
02-21-2017, 08:31 PM
When I was 13, I thought 13 year old girls rocked. They'd see me play my guitar and magically they thought I rocked, too. I never understood that, but i didn't let it bring me down.

And if I did I didn't have the legal ability to provide consent.

Most girls I know fantasized about boy bands. Wasn't controversial, really. It makes sense that people fantasize about older people because we are inundated with what the ideal beauty or body type is and kids at the age of 13 don't generally have it. That said, I knew of a lot of people (myself included) who had a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" and the extent of that was generally skateboarding together. I heard rumors about certain people engaging in oral sex, but I am not sure how seriously you can take a rumor in middle school, nonetheless ever.

Oddly enough, my 8th grade boyfriend is now friends with my dad and helps coach a hockey team with him. Kind of funny.

Adelaide
02-21-2017, 08:33 PM
When I was 13, the 13 year old girls in my neighborhood made sure I didn't experience any sexual tension. They were looking instead for excuses to drop by the house.

Fantasizing about stuff I could not have never entered my mind.

That seems a little weird. I'm not sure how old you are but certainly you had your own version of the Backstreet Boys or Britney Spears.

Dangermouse

At last, Breitbart will have a news service they can look down on!

Ethereal
I had chances to have sex when I was thirteen, but because I grew up in a society and community where pre-marital and youth sex were generally frowned upon, I missed out because I had no idea what I was doing and was plagued by feelings of guilt and taboo. Missing out on that hot sex still traumatizes me to this day. I'm a victim of Puritanism... :cry:

del
02-21-2017, 08:36 PM
The national age of consent in Japan in thirteen. Many countries in Europe and South America have age of consent at fourteen.

milo should emigrate

Mister D
02-21-2017, 08:37 PM

Clearly they need to be bombed. They need to raise the age of consent and allow two homos to marry immediately.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:37 PM
milo should emigrate
German pederasts, am I right...

del
02-21-2017, 08:38 PM
German pederasts, am I right...
as far as you know, yes

Bethere
02-21-2017, 08:39 PM
That seems a little weird. I'm not sure how old you are but certainly you had your own version of the Backstreet Boys or Britney Spears.
I see what you are saying. Sure I had irrational fantasies about unobtainable unmeetable celebrity babes.

But I didn't, say, have farah fawcett posters on the wall. I didn't secretly subscribe to playboy. I didn't plan secret liasons with my nun. And I didn't have hair growing on my palms.

My reality blew away the fantasies of my peers. I knew that even then.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:40 PM
as far as you know, yes

Has nothing to do with me. The age of consent in Germany and numerous other European countries is fourteen. Bunch of pederasts.

Dr. Who
02-21-2017, 08:40 PM
The ancient Greeks, Thracians, Celts, ancient Persians, Moorish Spanish, Tuscans & northern Italians during the Renaissance, medieval and Tsarist Russians and pre-Modern Japanese all practiced pederasty. That is subsumed under pedophilia today when the junior partner is a minor.

Mister D
02-21-2017, 08:42 PM
The ancient Greeks, Thracians, Celts, ancient Persians, Moorish Spanish, Tuscans & northern Italians during the Renaissance, medieval and Tsarist Russians and pre-Modern Japanese all practiced pederasty. That is subsumed under pedophilia today when the junior partner is a minor.
Now that you know pederasty is not pedophilia you may be seated.

NapRover

@NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018) @Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986)
Or piano! The Killer married his 13-year old cousin!!!!

https://youtu.be/Fw7SBF-35Es

Adelaide
I see what you are saying. Sure I had irrational fantasies about unobtainable unmeetable celebrity babes.

But I didn't, say, have farah fawcett posters on the wall. I didn't secretly subscribe to playboy. I didn't plan secret liasons with my nun. And I didn't have hair growing on my palms.

My reality blew away the fantasies of my peers. I knew that even then.

Posters aren't that unhealthy, really. My main concern is that there is a difference between fantasizing about something and thinking something is normal, like a teacher sleeping with a student. It isn't just about age, but also about the abuse of authority.

Ethereal
02-21-2017, 08:44 PM
No it isn't. Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to prepubescent children. That is the medical definition.

del
02-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Has nothing to do with me. The age of consent in Germany and numerous other European countries is fourteen. Bunch of pederasts.
i doubt every adult man in germany wants to have sex with boys, but if that makes you feel better, have at it.

Crepitus
02-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Way to try to excuse splitting hairs dude.

del
until this thread, i hadn't realized the crucial difference between pedophilia and pederasty.

Mister D
We need to bomb Germany too.

Bethere
Posters aren't that unhealthy, really. My main concern is that there is a difference between fantasizing about something and thinking something is normal, like a teacher sleeping with a student. It isn't just about age, but also about the abuse of authority.

Move to the head of the class.

Mister D
until this thread, i hadn't realized the crucial difference between pedophilia and pederasty.
You aren't the brightest fellow.