PDA

View Full Version : Will the Perfect Storm halt the election?

coolwalker
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I heard on the radio that as the election is one week away, NYC and surrounding areas "may not" be able to vote...perfect timing for the perfect Storm to perfectly give Obama the excuse he has been looking for to hold off the election. Thoughts?

GrassrootsConservative
10-29-2012, 10:04 AM
The entire area from New England to the battleground state of Ohio could have regions of these people, probably just matters where this thing hits. I believe that by November 6th enough people will be there able to vote that the election will continue.

roadmaster
No, that's not a good reason. We voted in bad weather and most of the south and south east is use to these things. How about tornado alley? Should they halt the elections there too if they are getting tornado's all around?

garyo
I did a little research and it seems the executive branch does not seem to have the power to delay elections, only congress and it seems the only time would be during a terrorists attack.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/RL32471.pdf

Larry Dickman
10-29-2012, 10:06 AM
There should always be contingency plans for loss of power. There ought to be a backup plan utilizing paper ballots in order to vote.

It's a very simple fix.

coolwalker
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
...oh I agree...I'm just saying that nothing would be above Obama to try to hold on to power.

GrassrootsConservative
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
There should always be contingency plans for loss of power. There ought to be a backup plan utilizing paper ballots in order to vote.

It's a very simple fix.

Will voting areas have time to make this fix? Voting day is a week from tomorrow, by the way.

roadmaster
10-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Will voting areas have time to make this fix? Voting day is a week from tomorrow, by the way.

It's called back-up generators. Here if you don't have one which a lot do, schools and Churches take in people until power is restored. At least if you are a home owner have a small one to keep the food from spoiling.

Cigar
10-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I heard on the radio that as the election is one week away, NYC and surrounding areas "may not" be able to vote...perfect timing for the perfect Storm to perfectly give Obama the excuse he has been looking for to hold off the election. Thoughts?

Thanks to the Early Voting percentages ... it's looking really good for Obama.

Deadwood
10-29-2012, 10:33 AM
...oh I agree...I'm just saying that nothing would be above Obama to try to hold on to power.

Considering this guy's record that is very frightening.

If he does not, it may be the difference. Several times I have heard political scientists opine that Obama's support is so soft, that a snow storm in certain areas pf Ohio alone could elect Romney.

Having said that, I suspect the storm itself will have abated sufficiently before the end of this week.

Calypso Jones
10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
No Storm stops these guys.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/29/pic-of-the-day-sentinels-undeterred-by-hurricane-sandy-guard-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier/

Calypso Jones
10-29-2012, 11:43 AM
oh i could see them using this storm as a reason to delay the election...then in the confusion of the whole thing it would be so much easier to sneak in those fraudulent ballots.

waltky
10-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Might take from 2-3 weeks to have power restored in some places...
:shocked:
More than 11 Million Could Lose Power from Sandy
October 29, 2012 - More than 11 million people along the Eastern Seaboard could lose power before Hurricane Sandy is over, according to a Johns Hopkins University engineering professor, who based his prediction on a computer model that he developed based on both current forecasts and data from outages in 11 past hurricanes.

Engineer Seth Guikema says hardest hit will be Pennsylvania, with nearly 4 million people losing power during Sandy. New Jersey will follow, with 3.4 million people predicted to lose power, and Maryland will be right behind with 2 million people predicted to lose power.

Washington, D.C., Delaware and Northern Virginia will have fewer outages, with under a million people combined predicted to experience outages.

Guikema and his team of researchers are using the official National Hurricane Center track and intensity forecast as well as historical data. The computer model is based on expected gust wind speed, expected duration of strong winds greater than 20 meters per second, and population density.

“It is possible that 11 million people is a conservative estimate,” Guikema said in a news release.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/more-11-million-could-lose-power-sandy

Trinnity
10-30-2012, 02:43 AM
The election will go on as planned. Obama cannot and dare not try to delay it. The people won't stand for it.

RtWngaFraud
10-30-2012, 05:29 AM
This planned, man-made storm was directed at a part of the country with a strong Democrat base. There will be another right behind it. This is all carefully calculated to insert PinkSlip Romney into power.

Cigar
10-30-2012, 08:02 AM
No Storm stops these guys.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/29/pic-of-the-day-sentinels-undeterred-by-hurricane-sandy-guard-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier/

Gota Love those Government Workers! :thumbsup20:

Also ... The United States Postal Service completed their deliveries. :tongue:

Cigar
10-30-2012, 08:02 AM
This planned, man-made storm was directed at a part of the country with a strong Democrat base. There will be another right behind it. This is all carefully calculated to insert PinkSlip Romney into power.

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::s miley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smi ley_ROFLMAO:

Captain Obvious
10-30-2012, 04:26 PM

And you wonder why nobody takes your truther arguments seriously.

Un... fucking... believable.

Mister D
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
He can't seriously believe that.

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
He can't seriously believe that.

There is a good sized crowd that believes this stuff.

Mister D
10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
There is a good sized crowd that believes this stuff.

That's disturbing.

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
That's disturbing.

The clearly flawed and frankly corrupt government investigations feeds the nonsense. I equate people like rightwingfraud with circus monkeys. They are entertaining.

Carygrant
10-31-2012, 03:06 AM

The show must go on .
The show will go on .
Then the Obama parties begin . And Mutt becomes a pariah .

GrumpyDog
10-31-2012, 04:19 AM
If it means that the 2 clowns chosen to be loyal servants to their Bilderberg organization get delayed taking power, then any storm which does so, is a perfect storm.

Carygrant
10-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Who noticed that Gary Kasparov was invited this year?
An Armenian being supported by the US for future promotion --- in Russia ? Or elsewhere?

patrickt
10-31-2012, 05:52 AM
The clearly flawed and frankly corrupt government investigations feeds the nonsense. I equate people like rightwingfraud with circus monkeys. They are entertaining.

No they're not. They tend to crap on everything. I'm sorry. This thread is about the election being canceled, isn't it?

Carygrant
10-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Elections are never cancelled .
Just re-arranged .
Surely not even a bunch of hicks will be put off by a drop of rain and a bit of a wind .

waltky
10-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Uncle Ferd says, "Yea...

... Obama gonna declare martial law...

... an' postpone the `lection...

... just like Bush did."