PDA

View Full Version : Prohibitions supporters

donttread
02-26-2017, 06:40 PM
What facts, real world events or empirical evidence do you base your pro-prohibition stance on? You do realize that drugs are more available than ever, cartels and gangs and murders are funded by their illegality, we are the most incarcerated society on earth and that societies moving away from prohibition have seen multiple improvements including less OD's, correct?
My side has science and real world results what does your side have? And please don't give me that " we are a larger less homogonous socity than Portugol " shit. That would only matter if our drug laws actually worked, but all available evidence says they don't.
Surely your views aren't your views just because your still spewing your mom and dad's politics with no science to back you up? Right?
Show some evidence.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2017, 06:47 PM
You have already indicated you haven't a clue what to do about your problem. Maybe your thread should start over with the fundamental question, who in our government has the authority to change the law?

donttread
02-26-2017, 08:27 PM
You have already indicated you haven't a clue what to do about your problem. Maybe your thread should start over with the fundamental question, who in our government has the authority to change the law?

The states of course, but first we have to strike down all the unconstitutional federal drug laws, which is all of them. Very poor response , BTW as while I do know what to do about the problem and all scientific evidence supports my solutions , the question was do the prohibitionist have any science on their side. I'll take your mis direction response as a NO!

MisterVeritis
02-26-2017, 08:36 PM
The states of course, but first we have to strike down all the unconstitutional federal drug laws, which is all of them. Very poor response , BTW as while I do know what to do about the problem and all scientific evidence supports my solutions , the question was do the prohibitionist have any science on their side. I'll take your mis direction response as a NO!
Rethink your failed answer. The states do not have the authority to change a federal law.

donttread
02-27-2017, 07:39 AM
The feds have no authority to dictate drug policy within the states. None! Therefore all such federal laws should be nullified. And drug policy within the states is Constitutionally , strictly state business. Period!
Rethink your failed understanding of the Constitution.

patrickt
02-27-2017, 08:08 AM
We don't need any evidence. Banning, prohibiting, outlawing, forbidding is just so darned much fun that it justifies itself. How else can you possibly explain banning Happy Meals, banning large sodas, banning cigarettes, or even banning opinions. People enjoy it.

Me? I'd legalize drugs and make it illegal for the government to subsidize junkies and stoners and dopers or whatever.

MisterVeritis
02-27-2017, 10:54 AM
The feds have no authority to dictate drug policy within the states. None! Therefore all such federal laws should be nullified. And drug policy within the states is Constitutionally , strictly state business. Period!
Rethink your failed understanding of the Constitution.
LOL. Nullification is not in the Constitution. Nor can it change a federal law. This is why you will always be frustrated. While you are right the federal government has not Constitutional authority to determine drug laws your go-to solution fails to address the problem.

I am willing to learn from everybody about the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence. Once you have read both let's continue.