PDA

View Full Version : Dear Trumpf Voters ... your Savior is Betraying You

exotix
02-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Today

Trump Voters, Your Savior Is Betraying You

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/opinion/sunday/trump-voters-your-savior-is-betraying-you.html?_r=0

Dear Trump Voters,
You’ve been had.
President Trump sold you a clunker.

Now that he’s in the White House, he’s betraying you — and I’m writing in hopes that you’ll recognize that betrayal and hold him accountable.

Trump spoke to your genuine pain, to the fading of the American dream, and he won your votes.

But will he deliver ?

Please watch his speeches carefully.

You’ll notice that he promises outcomes, without explaining how they’ll be achieved.

He’s a carnival huckster promising that America will thrive with his snake oil.

Trump on Friday at CPAC

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/02/26/opinion/sunday/26Kristof/26Kristof-superJumbo.jpg

Adelaide
02-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Meh. He's been in office for like a month. It takes a lot longer than that to offer more than promises.

stjames1_53
02-27-2017, 07:58 AM
an op-ed from a Clinton supporter....means so much. He's already started getting rid of the illegal aliens, stocks are rising......and only you folks have called him a savior

exotix
02-27-2017, 08:17 AM
*update*

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1488201697/100_8617_ojcowa.jpg

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1488201725/100_8618_aztdsj.jpg

patrickt
02-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Now that the treasonous prick is out of the White House, Exotix can go wild.

Exotix still believes that "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance, period." It must be true. It came from the one true savior.

gamewell45
02-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Now that the treasonous $#@! is out of the White House, Exotix can go wild.

Exotix still believes that "If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance, period." It must be true. It came from the one true savior.
And that savior didn't lie to me; I got to keep my health insurance from the same carrier and the same doctors i had before ACA came into being, so I have no complaints regarding ACA.

patrickt
02-27-2017, 09:22 AM
And that savior didn't lie to me; I got to keep my health insurance from the same carrier and the same doctors i had before ACA came into being, so I have no complaints regarding ACA.
Isn't that wonderful. And like most liberals, you go with, "And fuck everyone who got screwed."

del
02-27-2017, 09:39 AM
everyone who got screwed is already fucked.

take a deep breath, give the clouds a break

Bo-4
02-27-2017, 09:52 AM
That whole thing about fiscal conservatism and cutting the debt is the greatest ruse by the Republican Party - like EVER.

In 3-2-1 Tax Policy Center is a lefty think tank!
:biglaugh:

But that seems like a classic shell game. The Tax Policy Center estimated (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-revised-tax-plan) that Trump’s tax plan (to the extent that there is one) would hugely increase the federal debt and give middle-income households an average tax cut of $1,010, or 1.8 percent of after-tax income — while the top 1 percent would save $214,690, or 13.5 percent of after-tax income.

exotix
02-27-2017, 10:10 AM
That whole thing about fiscal conservatism and cutting the debt is the greatest ruse by the Republican Party - like EVER.

But that seems like a classic shell game. The Tax Policy Center estimated (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-revised-tax-plan) that Trump’s tax plan (to the extent that there is one) would hugely increase the federal debt and give middle-income households an average tax cut of $1,010, or 1.8 percent of after-tax income — while the top 1 percent would save $214,690, or 13.5 percent of after-tax income.When watching the Townhalls ... its obvious conservatives have abandoned all those values ... further, they now laugh in the faces of their constituents who voted for them that those values were always nothing more than a hoax to get elected.

Bo-4
02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
When watching the Townhalls ... its obvious conservatives have abandoned all those values ... further, they now laugh in the faces of their constituents who voted for them that those values were always nothing more than a hoax to get elected.

Trumpkins have admitted it again and again.

All they care he gets done is RW judges and tax cuts/deregulation for their overlords.

Beyond that? Meh

Captain Obvious
02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Try Midol

Tahuyaman
02-27-2017, 11:50 AM
When watching the Townhalls ... its obvious conservatives have abandoned all those values ... further, they now laugh in the faces of their constituents who voted for them that those values were always nothing more than a hoax to get elected.

Conservatives have not abandoned any principles. Republicans have though.

patrickt
02-27-2017, 02:52 PM
everyone who got screwed is already fucked.

take a deep breath, give the clouds a break

Not that you'd care but they could be helped.

patrickt
02-27-2017, 02:53 PM

But that seems like a classic shell game. The Tax Policy Center estimated (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-revised-tax-plan) that Trump’s tax plan (to the extent that there is one) would hugely increase the federal debt and give middle-income households an average tax cut of $1,010, or 1.8 percent of after-tax income — while the top 1 percent would save $214,690, or 13.5 percent of after-tax income.

Desperate to change the topic. How...liberal.

patrickt
02-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Liberals do have an edge since they have no values. I would consider any lifelong Democrat as a liberal even if he ran for president as a Republican.

Don
02-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Change a few words around and go back to this same date in 2009 and the article could read........

"Obama Voters, Your Savior Is Betraying You

Dear Obama Voters,
You’ve been had.
President Obama sold you a clunker.
Now that he’s in the White House, he’s betraying you — and I’m writing in hopes that you’ll recognize that betrayal and hold him accountable.

Obama spoke to your genuine pain, to the fading of the American dream, and he won your votes.

But will he deliver ?

You’ll notice that he promises outcomes, without explaining how they’ll be achieved. :laugh:

He’s a carnival huckster promising that America will thrive with his snake oil."

nathanbforrest45
02-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Who is Trumpf?

Safety
02-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Change a few words around and go back to this same date in 2009 and the article could read........

"Obama Voters, Your Savior Is Betraying You

Dear Obama Voters,
You’ve been had.
President Obama sold you a clunker.

Obama spoke to your genuine pain, to the fading of the American dream, and he won your votes.

But will he deliver ?

You’ll notice that he promises outcomes, without explaining how they’ll be achieved. :laugh:

He’s a carnival huckster promising that America will thrive with his snake oil."

So, you are saying that in your zeal to show your outrage over Obama voters, you tried to one-up them?

Safety
02-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Who is Trumpf?

Old Testament spelling for your messiah.

exotix
02-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Who is Trumpf?That was Trumpfs' real name (Drumpf) before his daddy changed it to Trump so Donald Trumpf could be born in the U.S. ... yeah, your Messiah would be an unknown in a foreign country instead of an anchor-baby illegal American.

stjames1_53
02-27-2017, 06:08 PM
That was Trumpfs' real name (Drumpf) before his daddy changed it to Trump so Donald Trumpf could be born in the U.S. ... yeah, your Messiah would be an unknown in a foreign country instead of an anchor-baby illegal American.

you've just tripled down on stupid...let's give you a chance to look smarter..
What did you lose this election? What substance was removed from you? What Rights have you lost?

gamewell45
02-28-2017, 12:13 AM
Isn't that wonderful. And like most liberals, you go with, "And $#@! everyone who got screwed."

Now Patrick, there you go stereotyping once again, just because you made poor decisions regarding your original medical plans, whatever they were, so time to chill out :)

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Now Patrick, there you go stereotyping once again, just because you made poor decisions regarding your original medical plans, whatever they were, so time to chill out :)

no one has their original health plan. All of that changed when ACA was passed in 2008. Even government stooges like yourself had to fall to the ax. you one of those paid by ACA to beat that drum?

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 05:21 AM
That was Trumpfs' real name (Drumpf) before his daddy changed it to Trump so Donald Trumpf could be born in the U.S. ... yeah, your Messiah would be an unknown in a foreign country instead of an anchor-baby illegal American.

1 year later, you're still banging on that "Trump is an illegal citizen" drum. it failed then, it fails now... my family name spelling was changed when my progenitors arrived at Ellis Island. So what's in a name, stooge?

Don
02-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Millions of immigrants changed their names when they came here, usually to something shorter and more understandable in English.

exotix
02-28-2017, 12:54 PM
you've just tripled down on stupid...let's give you a chance to look smarter..
What did you lose this election? What substance was removed from you? What Rights have you lost?
1 year later, you're still banging on that "Trump is an illegal citizen" drum. it failed then, it fails now... my family name spelling was changed when my progenitors arrived at Ellis Island. So what's in a name, stooge?http://www.snopes.com/donald-drumpf/

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1488285147/Drumpf_dft29e.png

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 02:49 PM
you still haven't explained why this is so important....as Don pointed out, a lot of legal immigrants got their names changed......you got nothing,nada

Safety
02-28-2017, 03:13 PM
you still haven't explained why this is so important....as Don pointed out, a lot of legal immigrants got their names changed......you got nothing,nada

It really isn't important, but like everyone had to suffer the last 8 years with Hussain, Hussain, Hussain, some feel that turnabout is fair play.

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 03:44 PM
It really isn't important, but like everyone had to suffer the last 8 years with Hussain, Hussain, Hussain, some feel that turnabout is fair play.

you didn't hear that from me.
So, why make it important. Your friend says he's an illegal alien anchor baby. Is that your belief too?
besides, isn't exo a big person? Can't they answer for themselves? or are you simply trolling, now

Safety
02-28-2017, 03:48 PM
you didn't hear that from me.
So, why make it important. Your friend says he's an illegal alien anchor baby. Is that your belief too?
besides, isn't exo a big person? Can't they answer for themselves? or are you simply trolling, now

LoL.

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 06:27 PM
thought so

MisterVeritis
02-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Did Barack Hussein O confuse you?

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 06:46 PM
hell, he doesn't even know who Barry Sotoero is

Safety
02-28-2017, 07:09 PM

hell, he doesn't even know who Barry Sotoero is

Say it with me...Trumpf.

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Say it with me...Trumpf.

who is he?

MisterVeritis
02-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Say it with me...Trumpf.
You should have just answered, "Yes, MisterVeritis, Barack Hussein O confused me."

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 07:21 PM
You should have just answered, "Yes, MisterVeritis, Barack Hussein O confused me."

he can't even keep up with the fact that Trump spells his name correctly

gamewell45
03-01-2017, 12:07 AM
no one has their original health plan. All of that changed when ACA was passed in 2008. Even government stooges like yourself had to fall to the ax. you one of those paid by ACA to beat that drum?

You are wrong; my insurance remained unchanged; still got to keep my doctors, same monthly premium and the exact same benefits I had prior to ACA. Sorry to disappoint you. Guess my plan qualified and your's didn't.

stjames1_53
03-01-2017, 04:07 AM
You are wrong; my insurance remained unchanged; still got to keep my doctors, same monthly premium and the exact same benefits I had prior to ACA. Sorry to disappoint you. Guess my plan qualified and your's didn't.

Everyone got the same deal. No one kept their original insurance. You may have kept the same carrier, but everyone's insurance got changed. Obama mandated changes that affected everyone's insurance. There is no way you would have had those changes pre-2008.
and everyone has been hit with the constant increases. To say otherwise is disingenuous.