PDA

View Full Version : MSM lies about the media war with Trump

Evmetro
02-27-2017, 02:47 PM
The MSM is presenting a lie about the war that they are engaged in against Trump. They are persuading their audience to believe Trump has something against a free press and journalism. They are presenting his comments about fake, hostile, and biased media as if they were comments about free press and good journalism.

Lets list a few kinds of press:
1. Unbiased press
2. Biased press
3. Fake news
4. Fair and balanced
5. Hostile

If Trump lashes out at 2, 3, and 5, the media claims that he is lashing out at 1 and 4. When the media does this, they are proving that they are 2 and 5, but mostly that they are 3.

The lefties who consume the MSM want to believe that Trump is lashing out at 1 and 4, and they love it when the MSM validates their confirmation bias.

Evmetro
02-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Here is an example of how the MSM uses deception.

https://youtu.be/umigeUP5bdM

Evmetro
02-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Chuck Todd lied about Trump the other day. He lashed out at Trump on Twitter after Trump ranted about "dishonest" press. Of course Chuck Todd made it out like Trump was not referring specifically to "dishonest press", but rather the press as a whole.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/16/chuck-todd-donald-trumps-criticism-of-media-un-ame/

Evmetro
02-27-2017, 04:03 PM
What lefties are not taking into consideration here, is that the media should be just as vulnerable to criticism as any politician. Is the press not in fact a large corporate run industry? Shouldn't we all be questioning government AND large corporate run institutions?

Evmetro
02-27-2017, 04:22 PM
It is interesting how we don't see media stories about Trump attacking the "honest" press, or the "fair" press. This is because he has not gone after them.

Evmetro
02-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Anybody ever heard any reports of Trump specifying and attacking the "honest" media?

Common Sense
02-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Trump attacks any media that is critical of him. It's not about fake news, it's about news he doesn't like.

Fuck, even George Bush has commented on it. What Trump is doing is irresponsible, regardless of his fanboys defence.

Evmetro
02-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Trump attacks any media that is critical of him. It's not about fake news, it's about news he doesn't like.

Ok, validate this.

Please post a link of where Trump has specified and been critical of the "honest media" or the "unbiased media". All I can find is where he is critical of fake news or dishonest media. I realize that it is your duty to the left to subjectively attack your political opponent, but to say he is critical of all media that he objects to appears to be a generalization.

Please post an example of how Trump lashes out at 1 and 4 in the OP.

Common Sense
02-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Ok, validate this.

Please post a link of where Trump has specified and been critical of the "honest media" or the "unbiased media". All I can find is where he is critical of fake news or dishonest media. I realize that it is your duty to the left to subjectively attack your political opponent, but to say he is critical of all media that he objects to appears to be a generalization.

It all really depends on who's defining honest and unbiased media.

I don't know that you get my point.

ripmeister
02-28-2017, 02:43 PM
The problem with your thesis is that Trump defines anything he doesn't like or that is critical of him as dishonest and/or fake news. He has defined the rules of the game so to ask the questions you do is meaningless. He doesn't address the substance of the news or the reporting, rather he just calls it fake news or dishonest, end of story.

Doublejack
02-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Ok, validate this.

Please link your unbiased and honest media source.

ripmeister
02-28-2017, 02:44 PM

This is the crux of the issue. For Trump he's living in the world that he defines.

Evmetro
02-28-2017, 03:13 PM

Here is my point, as presented in the OP:

The MSM is presenting a lie about the war that they are engaged in against Trump. They are persuading their audience to believe Trump has something against a free press and journalism. They are presenting his comments about fake, hostile, and biased media as if they were comments about free press and good journalism.

Regardless of what media he perceives as hostile, he is not attacking free press or good journalism, since he has isolated which specific media he is attacking. Where the big lie comes in is when the media and lefties paint a picture of Trump out to hurt the free press. He has specified which parts of the press he is badmouthing, regardless of his comments have any merit, and I have not seen him go after free press.

We have seen him go after the "dishonest media", and "fake news", but not the free press. To imply that Trump has it in for the "free press" is a big lie.

Evmetro
02-28-2017, 03:18 PM
This is the crux of the issue. For Trump he's living in the world that he defines.

Where in the world that Trump defines, or any other place, is he going after the free press? I have seen him go after the "dishonest media", and the "fake news", but not the free press. This is the crux of my thread. By painting him as attacking the free press, it may rally support against him by pulling heart strings, but it is a big lie.

Common Sense
02-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Here is my point, as presented in the OP:

Regardless of what media he perceives as hostile, he is not attacking free press or good journalism, since he has isolated which specific media he is attacking. Where the big lie comes in is when the media and lefties paint a picture of Trump out to hurt the free press. He has specified which parts of the press he is badmouthing, regardless of his comments have any merit, and I have not seen him go after free press.

We have seen him go after the "dishonest media", and "fake news", but not the free press. To imply that Trump has it in for the "free press" is a big lie.

That's your opinion. You, like Trump are framing the argument that he only attacks unfair media, yet you are both defining unfair media by your own set of standards.

This was asked already, but what do you consider to be an unbiased fair source of news? Can you name one or some?