PDA

View Full Version : Trump not filling federal jobs!

Don
02-28-2017, 05:57 PM
CNN, Trump fails to fill up to 2000 federal jobs! (http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-vacancies/)

President Trump's response. :laugh:

https://youtu.be/peo5wof1Sic

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 06:26 PM
it'll sure as hell save us a haystack full of huner dolla bills

Don
02-28-2017, 06:58 PM
I hope that 600 to 2000 cuts not only comes to pass but its just the start of major cleanout of the federal government. Kill some departments. Eliminate the IRS. That's about 90,000 jobs there from what I hear. A truly simplified tax program would save billions in unnecessary accounting for business and us people in the private sector.

Common
02-28-2017, 06:59 PM
If theres bloat in depts, then they shouldnt be filled but essential positions should always be filled. Like it or not the govt must run

Tahuyaman
02-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Trump not filling federal jobs!
Don't qualified people first need to apply for these jobs and then they need to be screened?

Tahuyaman
02-28-2017, 07:24 PM
This is how the partisans destroy their credibility. They condone the degradation and incompetence of the last eight years, then start to attack the person who's been in charge for a month.

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 07:24 PM
If theres bloat in depts, then they shouldnt be filled but essential positions should always be filled. Like it or not the govt must run
there's a lot of duplication....... and folks holding jobs for which there is no work....

stjames1_53
02-28-2017, 07:25 PM
This is how the partisans destroy their credibility. They condone the degradation and incompetence of the last eight years, then start to attack the person who's been in charge for a month.

more and more Democrats are becoming disenchanted with their party. Some are going Independent or coming over to the Rebup side.

Tahuyaman
02-28-2017, 07:40 PM
more and more Democrats are becoming disenchanted with their party. Some are going Independent or coming over to the Rebup side.

They need to start a new party and not spread their worthlessness to another.

Peter1469
02-28-2017, 07:42 PM
I hope that 600 to 2000 cuts not only comes to pass but its just the start of major cleanout of the federal government. Kill some departments. Eliminate the IRS. That's about 90,000 jobs there from what I hear. A truly simplified tax program would save billions in unnecessary accounting for business and us people in the private sector.

Just think of the talent in the nation's tax lawyers and tax accountants. If they got productive jobs that would be great for society.

Don
02-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Just think of the talent in the nation's tax lawyers and tax accountants. If they got productive jobs that would be great for society. That's right. Drastically cut taxes. Eliminate IRS with a system that doesn't require having that department. Businesses will expand and new businesses will form. Ex IRS employees and H&R Block employees can get jobs in accounting in those businesses. Jobs that add to the economy, not take away from it. Government gets more tax dollars than ever which can be used to pay down the national debt. When its paid, cut taxes even more.

What our government needs to stay within the limitations of the constitution and still do the peoples business is to completely rethink the "departments." Reorganize for modern times. Take EPA for instance. It was created to protect the environment from businesses that polluted. That's fine. We need to have laws and regulations because some people don't care unless they are compelled to. The EPA has gone far beyond that. Many of their regulations go way overboard and the red tape they impose on business can put many out of business or make it impossible to start up. The EPA has also been hijacked by extremists on the environment. The EPA has been used to go after private landowners with ridiculous regulations and put many people in the position of complying or proving their "innocence" when no crime has been committed. Even if they do spend their life savings defending themselves the government does not reimburse them and in many cases EPA just finds another court and goes after them again. Another thing that people don't think about is large corporations with deep pockets can use lobbyists to actually work to increase environmental control laws and regulations adding millions of dollars to the cost of manufacturing facilities. You would think that would be stupid but it actually saves them money because they cut out competition from start ups. They use the government to stifle competition to their own advantage.

Archer0915
02-28-2017, 08:18 PM
They need to start a new party and not spread their worthlessness to another.

Most partisans on both sides are nothing more than lemmings. They are clueless party followers and most are like the average American... Centrist. There is one reason or another that the stick with their party but they generally do not have many issues with the other party. Just one or two things.

I would not go all Hollary and call them worthless.

Tahuyaman
02-28-2017, 08:44 PM

I would not go all Hollary and call them worthless.

I did and I will continue to do so.