PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration blocks extradition of ex-CIA officer to Italy

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Trump administration blocks extradition of ex-CIA officer to Italy (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/01/italy-cancels-former-cia-agents-extradition-from-portugal-in-muslim-abduction-case.html)

This is good news. An ex-CIA officer who was living in Portugal was facing extradition to Italy to serve time after several people (Italians and Americans) were found guilty of torturing a terrorist who was scooped up in Italy.

I am not sure why this woman would stay in Portugal after the Italian sentence, but she did. And she was about to be extradited to Italy to serve time when team Trump got involved. Now the Italians have dropped their extradition request. A good result.

An "extraordinary" effort by the new U.S. administration prevented former CIA officer Sabrina de Sousa from being the first ever extradited for an alleged CIA misdeed, according to her spokesman.

De Sousa, who was set to be extradited from Portugal to Italy over the kidnapping of a Muslim cleric, won a last-minute reprieve on Wednesday.

Sabrina de Sousa was one of 26 people convicted in absentia for the 2003 abduction of radical Egyptian cleric Osama Mustapha Hassan Nasr, also known as Abu Omar. He was then transported to his native Egypt for interrogation where he says he was tortured.

"I can confirm that this wouldn't have happened without extraordinary help from the Trump administration," Hoekstra told Fox News Wednesday morning.

"I worked with multiple administration individuals and organizations. They were coordinated, professional, responsive, and most importantly effective," he said.

The White House, however, declined to comment on the matter. A White House official referred all the inquiries to the State Department, which would not say what role, if any, it had in the reprieve.

resister
03-02-2017, 08:29 AM
All terrorist should be tortured, give em pause over the cause

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 08:50 AM
All terrorist should be tortured, give em pause over the cause

That should never be the official policy of any nation.

resister
03-02-2017, 08:53 AM
That should never be the official policy of any nation.But it is there policy, if they had a fate to fear, they might reconsider.

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 08:54 AM
But it is there policy, if they had a fate to fear, they might reconsider.

I do not think that many of our enhanced interrogation techniques are torture. And yes, we should not publicize our interrogation techniques. That is stupid.

resister
03-02-2017, 08:58 AM
When dealing with savages there is only one response, there is no reform for these people. A terrorism conviction should lead to the death penalty.

Don
03-02-2017, 12:07 PM
If people from our agencies and services commit crimes they should be prosecuted and held accountable in our country by our government. Good for president Trump.