PDA

View Full Version : God must be telling you something.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 08:07 PM
LATEST: Sandy, one of the biggest storms ever to hit the United States, has roared ashore with fierce winds and heavy rain near the gambling (http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/7875891/Monster-storm-Sandy-batters-US-coast#) resort of Atlantic City, New Jersey, after forcing evacuations, shutting down transportation and interrupting the presidential campaign.
High winds and flooding racked hundreds of kilometres of Atlantic coastline while heavy snows were forecast farther inland at higher elevations as the centre of the storm marched westward.

Of course, this gives Obama even more opportunity to look more presidential than he already is.

Funny how climate change works on behalf of those who would want to control it.

The GOP still denies it's happening.

Peter1469
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Nobody has ever said the climate doesn't change Mao.

Deadwood
10-29-2012, 08:15 PM
WTF do you know about God?

You're an atheist.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 08:20 PM

You're an atheist.

I'm told he's a big guy who throws thunderbolts around.

But that's according to Greek mythology.

But, given Sandy, they may have been right.

Calypso Jones
10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Climate wants to be controlled by democrats? Must be a woman thinking with her lady parts.

Chris
10-29-2012, 08:29 PM
The confusion between weather and climate by wannabe climatologists is astounding.

ptif219
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Of course, this gives Obama even more opportunity to look more presidential than he already is.

What was 1938?

http://theweek.com/article/index/235529/the-last-frankenstorm-video-of-the-1938nbspnoreasternbspthat-ravaged-new-england

roadmaster
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
I am more worried about the elderly and people stealing. We watch out for each other in the south when the power goes off.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
What was 1938?

http://theweek.com/article/index/235529/the-last-frankenstorm-video-of-the-1938nbspnoreasternbspthat-ravaged-new-england

Yeah, right.

http://www.neaq.org/conservation_and_research/climate_change/climate_change_in_new_england.php

Awryly
10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I am more worried about the elderly and people stealing. We watch out for each other in the south when the power goes off.

Don't tell me you have civil disobedience in the US? :grin:

texmaster
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM

We deny its man made genius not that it happens.

I'll bet you have to look down when you walk just so you don't trip.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 09:21 PM
We deny its man made genius not that it happens.

I'll bet you have to look down when you walk just so you don't trip.

Yeah. And I bet you don't blame the GFC on Bush and his mates either.

Have you ever wondered when your bubble will burst?

Calypso Jones
10-29-2012, 09:31 PM
i wonder if your bubble head will ever burst.

ptif219
10-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah, right.

http://www.neaq.org/conservation_and_research/climate_change/climate_change_in_new_england.php

I guess you did not hear about the snow

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134136n

Awryly
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I guess you did not hear about the snow

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134136n

I did.

I am reliably informed it is cold white stuff.

roadmaster
10-29-2012, 10:40 PM

What exactly do you this He is saying? Or do you not know things were foretold.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 10:45 PM
What are you rambling on about now?

roadmaster
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
What are you rambling on about now?

I wasn't the one who brought up God.

Awryly
10-29-2012, 11:39 PM
As well as Sandy, apparently you are getting a full moon.

Try not to howl too much.

ptif219
10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I did.

I am reliably informed it is cold white stuff.

Then your article makes no sense. There is blizzard warnings

Awryly
10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Sandy will keep the global media entranced for weeks.

Its fondest wish is that you will do it again.

Another Wall St meltdown would help.

Awryly
10-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Almost levelled, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River -
Life is cold there
Colder than the trees (which have all fallen over)
Younger than the mountains - covered in snow
Growin' like a hurricane

The only way I can get away from your "great" affliction of sandiness is to watch Russia Today - which, blessedly, hardly bothers to mention it.

It concentrates rather on your corrupt society. Which is bigger than just one of nature's blows.

GrumpyDog
10-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Consult Pat Robertson, the leading God interpreter, for just what the meaning of Sandy is related to Christianity.

Perhaps one of the many Mullahs will give us the reasons why Allah sent the storm.

There must be at least one Rabbi, who is in direct contact with Yahweh, and can explain why the Gentiles deserve punishment.

The Dalai Lama, of course has the same explanation for all calamity, which is that there is no explanation except that all things exist in relation to all other things and we must try to find the center of the storm.

GrumpyDog, following Diogenes, could care less.

Trinnity
10-30-2012, 03:11 AM

The GOP still denies it's happening.Fell and bumped your head again, didn't you?

shaarona
10-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Consult Pat Robertson, the leading God interpreter, for just what the meaning of Sandy is related to Christianity.

Perhaps one of the many Mullahs will give us the reasons why Allah sent the storm.

There must be at least one Rabbi, who is in direct contact with Yahweh, and can explain why the Gentiles deserve punishment.

The Dalai Lama, of course has the same explanation for all calamity, which is that there is no explanation except that all things exist in relation to all other things and we must try to find the center of the storm.

Ha.. you covered just about all, didn't you?

Awryly
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM

Only question is which Muslim country the US is going to blame it on.

There's not many left who have not been invaded, bombed or sanctioned.

How about Bahrain? The 5th Fleet could bombard Manama from the harbour the Bahrainis let them hire.

But I forgot. Bahrain is one of the few Arab monarchies left that are propped up by the US military in order to create "stability" by suppressing ordinary citizens who don't like the US and its puppets.

That's the latest (unwritten) amendment to the US constitution. Which, of course, abolishes the whole farcical document in"appropriate" circumstances.

Chris
10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
That's the latest (unwritten) amendment to the US constitution.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Only question is which Muslim country the US is going to blame it on.

you are too much. You must go to the same Mosque that sharonna does.

Can we place the blame on the guys that are claiming responsibility for it? Syria and Iran. here it is.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/propaganda-outlets-says-syria-and-iran-responsible-hurricane-sandy_658154.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Awryly
10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
you are too much. You must go to the same Mosque that sharonna does.

Can we place the blame on the guys that are claiming responsibility for it? Syria and Iran. here it is.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/propaganda-outlets-says-syria-and-iran-responsible-hurricane-sandy_658154.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Why not blame Cuba?

It would give you another excuse for another Bay of Pigs. Or does Cuba still have tactical nuclear weapons?

And thus, like Pakistan and North Korea, have you over a barrel?

Awryly
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Sorry. I don't read works of fiction.

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Why not blame Cuba?

It would give you another excuse for another Bay of Pigs. Or does Cuba still have tactical nuclear weapons?

And thus, like Pakistan and North Korea, have you over a barrel?

Guy. LOL. WHAT in the hell is wrong with you? Honestly:deadhorse2::violent1::killme::poke::vroli jk_26:

SHUT. UP.

Chris
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Sorry. I don't read works of fiction.

But you write it: "That's the latest (unwritten) amendment to the US constitution."

Awryly
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
But you write it: "That's the latest (unwritten) amendment to the US constitution."

Yes, I know the US constitution is a work of fiction.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Awryly
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Guy. LOL. WHAT in the hell is wrong with you? Honestly:deadhorse2::violent1::killme::poke::vroli jk_26:

SHUT. UP.

There are no clearer exemplars of US strategy than the emoticons shown above.

Thank you for proving my point.

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
You've proven your own point. But if you wear* a cap then no one will notice.

sometimes i just get so excited posting.

texmaster
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
There are no clearer exemplars of US strategy than the emoticons shown above.

Thank you for proving my point.

And thank you again for proving mine. You are a small minded individual who takes a perverse pleasure at upsetting others to make up for your own inadequacy.

Its sad really.

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 10:02 PM
the guy has a real problem. It's gonna kill him.

Awryly
10-30-2012, 10:28 PM
the guy has a real problem. It's gonna kill him.

Thank you for your kind wishes.:afro:

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM
it's not a wish...that's called a warning. You need to calm down.

Kizzume
10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
it's not a wish...that's called a warning. You need to calm down.

I don't see Awryly getting excited.

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, I know the US constitution is a work of fiction.

Thanks for pointing that out.

You opinion on the matter is worth less that NZ's position in the world.

Oops.

Awryly
10-30-2012, 11:39 PM
You opinion on the matter is worth less that NZ's position in the world.

Oops.

At least NZ is not despised.

GrassrootsConservative
10-30-2012, 11:41 PM

Everyone is despised nowadays. That's the world we live in.

Peter1469
10-30-2012, 11:42 PM

Who is that?

Of course NZ is not despised. It has no responsibility or relevance in the world. If that ever changes, people will despise you.

Kizzume
10-30-2012, 11:50 PM

Not really. I see no reason to despise NZ.

Awryly
10-30-2012, 11:51 PM

No. It is the world you try to manipulate.

But you are becoming increasingly irrelevant.

texmaster
10-31-2012, 01:33 AM
No. It is the world you try to manipulate.

But you are becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Still hoping to anger someone to make up for your own inadequacy. Sad.

Carygrant
10-31-2012, 02:02 AM

You're an atheist.

"What do you know about Canada , you are an Englishman ?"
An equally ignorant comment .
And in case the point has not registered , I don't have to be a moron to understand his /her state of mind .

Awryly
10-31-2012, 02:48 AM
"What do you know about Canada , you are an Englishman ?"
An equally ignorant comment .
And in case the point has not registered , I don't have to be a moron to understand his /her state of mind .

Which is torn between equalbleness and equaniminity.

Which, in the US, means having a gun in both hands.

GrumpyDog
10-31-2012, 04:35 AM
:grampa::moron::spacecraft::flipoff::notme::rant:

Americans who have voted early.

Awryly
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Terrible disaster in NY and environs.

But I guess Romney will continue to deny man-made global warming. After all, he believes Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs.

I expect my insurance company will be hitting me for the cost of the repairs.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM

But I guess Romney will continue to deny man-made global warming. After all, he believes Adam and Eve rode around on dinosaurs.

.... climate change happens, you're arrogant if you think humanity is powerful enough to change that. Maybe if we sought to, but otherwise probably not.

texmaster
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Joe Bastardi absolutly kicked the crap out of the goblal warming chick and she admitted she was wrong.

You have no clue little doggie. None.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9v34iarC8

In the global warming world, humans somehow are more powerful than volcanoes, the ocean and the sun itself.

This isn't Star Trek genius, we don't control the weather.

Awryly
11-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Joe Bastardi absolutly kicked the crap out of the goblal warming chick and she admitted she was wrong.

You have no clue little doggie. None.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9v34iarC8

In the global warming world, humans somehow are more powerful than volcanoes, the ocean and the sun itself.

This isn't Star Trek genius, we don't control the weather.

Sure, sure. In God yee trust.

Good luck with that. But stay away from seafronts.

Carygrant
11-02-2012, 03:16 AM
.... climate change happens, you're arrogant if you think humanity is powerful enough to change that.

That has been the Losers cry since the beginning .
Fortunately History suggests otherwise . Though I would be the first to admit that Climate Change control is a long way away .
HAARP disciples might not fully agree .

texmaster
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Sure, sure. In God yee trust.

Good luck with that. But stay away from seafronts.

I didn't expect you to actually watch the video and evaluate the facts. After all, you're just a liberal.

GrassrootsConservative
11-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I didn't expect you to actually watch the video and evaluate the facts. After all, you're just a liberal.

And they're one of them that is so arrogant they're beyond educating. They won't even listen to the truth.

Kizzume
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
One person in the video believes that man contributes to it, the other firmly believes that man does NOT contribute to it. Personally I think we make a miniscule contribution to the climate, but it COULD be a large contribution if we didn't have some of the environmental standards we have. We CAN do a lot to the environment if it was a goal.

texmaster
11-02-2012, 08:04 PM
One person in the video believes that man contributes to it, the other firmly believes that man does NOT contribute to it. Personally I think we make a miniscule contribution to the climate, but it COULD be a large contribution if we didn't have some of the environmental standards we have. We CAN do a lot to the environment if it was a goal.

How can you believe we could make a big difference when you admit we make a miniscule impact now?

The problem is just as you described. There is no evidence we contribute enough or could contribute enough to change the climate so why would we spend billions of dollars based on an unproven theory?

Kizzume
11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
How can you believe we could make a big difference when you admit we make a miniscule impact now?

If we pump enough crap into the atmosphere it's going to change things.

The problem is just as you described. There is no evidence we contribute enough or could contribute enough to change the climate so why would we spend billions of dollars based on an unproven theory?
I don't think we should be spending money on the theory. I think we should simply continue to have environmental standards so we're not having to put masks over our faces like in China--I like clean air. We should be caring about how pollution affects our everyday lives, not how it affects some big conspiracy theory.

tbone8
11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Man made global warming is probably the biggest falsehood ever produced in the history of mankind. The climate has been changing for roughly 4.54 billion years and will continue to do so. The US Geological Society says Volcanoes release more than 130 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere every year, should they pay a carbon tax??? I just cannot believe that anyone can say with a straight face that we are affecting the weather, pure nonsense. Should we try to reduce pollution, of course. Should we invest in cleaner technology, absolutely if it is within economic reason. Lets use some common sense...

texmaster
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
If we pump enough crap into the atmosphere it's going to change things.

IF we pump enough.

I don't think we should be spending money on the theory. I think we should simply continue to have environmental standards so we're not having to put masks over our faces like in China--I like clean air. We should be caring about how pollution affects our everyday lives, not how it affects some big conspiracy theory.

Clean air is one thing. Bankrupting companies and nations with hurtful regulations is another.

Kizzume
11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Should we invest in cleaner technology, absolutely if it is within economic reason. Lets use some common sense...
But what is "within economic reason" and how should it be decided?

Kizzume
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
IF we pump enough.

Clean air is one thing. Bankrupting companies and nations with hurtful regulations is another.

Yes, but some companies could claim they're being bankrupted just from small changes. We need to have standards.

Awryly
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Marvelous, isn't it? "Small government" bleaters now bitching that government is not doing enough to restore services after Sandy.

Meanwhile, the privately-owned utilities are taking forever to get power and transport going again.

Mister D
11-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Marvelous, isn't it? "Small government" now bitching that government is not doing enough to restore services after Sandy.

Meanwhile, the privately-owned utilities are taking forever to get power and transport going again.

"Small government" is complaining? Who specifically, spinster?

Awryly
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
"Small government" is complaining? Who specifically, spinster?

Maybe the Tea Party can help you out there, noddy.

As has been shown time after time – especially as tornadoes and hurricanes rip through politically conservative states – even the sturdiest tea party supporters become fans of government when it's doling out money to storm victims for motel rooms and other temporary housing or helping with house repairs. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/mitt-romney-sandy_n_2049852.html

Mister D
11-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe the Tea Party can help you out there, noddy.

Don't hurt your back moving those goal posts, old lady.

"Small government" now bitching that government is not doing enough to restore services after Sandy.

Who is? :smiley: