PDA

View Full Version : MSM deception and Jeff Sessions

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 01:48 PM
The MSM is staying away from discussion about some of the specifics.

“He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign — not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee,” Sessions spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores explained.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/gop-rushes-eat/

“I have not met with any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign,”

The media is hustling to present the story from a partisan position, but the story itself was generated as political warfare in the first place, by Trump's political opponents. Lefties are buzzing with excitement as they consume all this media that satisfies their confirmation bias on this situation, but stuff like this does not generally stick. When you grab a handful of feces and throw it at a wall, some may stick, but not much.

The purpose of this thread is not to duplicate other threads on Sessions, but rather to focus in on why the media is avoiding discussion of certain details and quotes. When the media omits relevant information like this, the information is usually worth looking into.

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 01:59 PM
One of the ankle bitters in another thread on the topic actually cut and pasted exactly that- the question was about the Trump campaign and Session's part in it.

MMC
03-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Manchin: It's Not Unusual, I've Met With the Russian Ambassador...And So Have Other Senators.....

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is facing pressure to recuse himself (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/03/02/breaking-house-oversight-chairman-calls-on-sessions-to-recuse-himself-clarify-russia-meetings-n2292821) from his new job, after reports reveal he spoke with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak twice last year. Some of his former colleagues, even Republican ones, are claiming he misled the Senate Judiciary Committee at his confirmation hearing in January when the committee asked him about his contact with Russian officials. Yet, the question was specifically related to whether he spoke with Russia about the 2016 presidential campaign. Sessions insists he did not.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), as an indirect defense of Sessions' talks with Russia, revealed on CNN that he himself has met with the Russian ambassador with a group of other senators.

“Yes, that happens,” he said. “We meet with all the ambassadors or try to anyway to build relationships.”

It’s not unusual, he said.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) was not so forthcoming. On Twitter on Thursday, she claimed she has never spoken with Russian officials. A little bit of digging (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/03/02/claire-mccaskill-n2292849) on her Twitter account called her bluff. .....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...r-too-n2292847 (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/03/02/dem-senator-ive-met-with-the-russian-ambassador-too-n2292847)

That's because the MS Media can't alter the footage, nor change what was actually said by Franken and Sessions.

Nor do they want to dig to deep and find out just how the Russians got into the US government and used the Demos as their Patsies.

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 02:12 PM
If the media would just wait until they have a real smoking gun, they could do some damage. When they have to edit out relevant information to make the story fly, it looks weak. This is why the media is losing credibility.

NapRover
03-02-2017, 02:16 PM
If the media would just wait until they have a real smoking gun, they could do some damage. When they have to edit out relevant information to make the story fly, it looks weak. This is why the media is losing credibility.
the liberal piranha are all schooled up and starved. The the chum hits, look out!! Some of them will inevitably bite one of their own.

MMC
03-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Reminder: 180 Federal Workers Planning to Disobey Trump... Leaks Will Continue......

Until President Donald Trump is prepared to clean house, the leaks that we are seeing throughout federal agencies will continue to expand, sinking the mighty ship he and his supporters built in the 2016 election.

Insiders and spooks at the FBI, the Justice Department, and the CIA have already destroyed General Mike Flynn and now they have Attorney General Jeff Sessions in their crosshairs.

It was reported (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/resistance-from-within-federal-workers-push-back-against-trump/2017/01/31/c65b110e-e7cb-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-low_resistance-0909pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.2cb586b005fe) last month that at least 180 federal employees "have signed up for a workshop featuring expert advice on workers’ rights and expressing civil disobedience." And dozens more have attended support groups for discussing opposition to the Trump administration.

This will continue until drastic and unprecedented changes are made.

Politics aside, how can Obama-era government workers possibly comprehend President Trump's strategy and direction for America? How can they perform their job in a manner that best serves the American people?.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2017/03/02/reminder-180-federal-workers-planning-to-disobey-trump-leaks-will-contine-n2292929

The Demos have shown their whole cards. Now make them pay the Price. Oh, and not with just elections either.

MisterVeritis
03-02-2017, 02:54 PM
This rolling coup attempt, led by Barack Hussein O and Val Jer, needs to be squashed.

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 03:33 PM
It is pretty interesting to look at all the comments on this thread so far from the lefties. This shows us how important the specifics are to lefties.

ripmeister
03-02-2017, 03:55 PM
It is pretty interesting to look at all the comments on this thread so far from the lefties. This shows us how important the specifics are to lefties.
That's pretty funny considering none of the so called lefties have commented on your thread to this point.:wink:

hanger4
03-02-2017, 03:59 PM
That's pretty funny considering none of the so called lefties have commented on your thread to this point.:wink:

I think Evmetro was being sarcastic.

ripmeister
03-02-2017, 04:09 PM
I think Evmetro was being sarcastic.
Yeah. I think you are right.

Don
03-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Its nothing but a political smear attempt on the Trump administration. Psychological warfare. The very way words are used, like "Russian penetration of the highest levels of our government." Sounds sinister. The left has quite the racket going. Tell the truth and its "McCarthyism." Smearing is "just trying to get to the truth" even though its a "truth" made up by them. I hope this destroys the democrat party.

FindersKeepers
03-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the Session's thing -- but, if he did something inappropriate, I think he should be held accountable.

There have been so many witch hunts, however, that it's hard to put a lot of trust in democrat accusations these days.

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 05:35 PM
They have been caught making accusations out of whole cloth enough that they are not to be trusted.
I haven't paid much attention to the Session's thing -- but, if he did something inappropriate, I think he should be held accountable.

There have been so many witch hunts, however, that it's hard to put a lot of trust in democrat accusations these days.

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 05:47 PM

This post says it all. To those who are not paying attention, the media wants to install doubt against their political opponent. "but if he did" was what the media was after, and "held accountable" are seeds planted by the media. They are very good at what they do, and they can sow seeds of doubt on any side of the aisle.

del
03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
there's no doubt that sessions lied.

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Does not seem so. It seems he was responding to the question as asked.

del
03-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Does not seem so. It seems he was responding to the question as asked.
no, he was lying, but you guys can spin away.

just don't ever start up with clinton and the definition of is again

you're no different than his defenders at this point.

Peter1469
03-02-2017, 06:14 PM
no, he was lying, but you guys can spin away.

just don't ever start up with clinton and the definition of is again

you're no different than his defenders at this point.
lol

Sessions goes from being one of the most respected people on the Hill to a criminal over night. The soft coup needs to be rooted out and destroyed.

MisterVeritis
03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
This is a coup attempt.

This is very serious. Barack Hussein Obama needs to be put in prison for his abuses of power. He used the police state to spy on the Trump campaign. We do need an investigation into Obama's abuse of his presidential powers. Everyone involved including the Obama minions who carried out this spying must be identified, indicted, tried and convicted. The rubber stamp FISA judges need to be outed and punished.

Tahuyaman
03-02-2017, 06:26 PM

They get in a rush to bury the people in government they don't support.

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 07:17 PM
there's no doubt that sessions lied.

I do not see any evidence that you read and understand the opening post. Please show me the connection between your post and the opening post. It looks like you may have read a different thread that maybe had a poll of if people think Sessions lied or not, and then you accidentally posted the response of that thread here. This thread was not asking if people have an emotional feeling and or hope that Sessions lied.

Subdermal
03-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I do not see any evidence that you read and understand the opening post. Please show me the connection between your post and the opening post. It looks like you may have read a different thread that maybe had a poll of if people think Sessions lied or not, and then you accidentally posted the response of that thread here. This thread was not asking if people have an emotional feeling and or hope that Sessions lied.

The poster you are referencing does not respect the truth. The poster you reference, therefore, is fully capable of lying to support a narrative.

Evmetro
03-02-2017, 08:13 PM
The poster you are referencing does not respect the truth. The poster you reference, therefore, is fully capable of lying to support a narrative.

On most forums on the internet, his response, when compared to the opening post, would be considered trolling, and an effort to derail the thread. He showed no signs that he read or understood the opening post, so his efforts were meant to take the topic of this thread and turn it into an argument about some other topic.

del
03-02-2017, 08:24 PM

it's not an emotional feeling or a hope- it's a fact.

a real one, not an alternative one.

waltky
03-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Granny says, "Dat's right - much ado `bout nuthin, an' w-a-y overblown...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_grandma.gif
‘What We Are Seeing Is a Lot of Political Theater’
March 2, 2017 – The controversy surrounding Jeff Sessions' contact with the Russian ambassador is a “nothing-burger,” Sen. Ted Cruz said on Thursday.

“What we are seeing is a lot of political theater,” Cruz told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “Could Jeff have been more clear in what he said? Yes. I think that was unfortunate. Context matters a lot. Jeff was being asked about the Trump campaign communicating with the Russians. I think he understood that he was answering in that capacity and that is perfectly understandable.” Cruz also said meeting with foreign ambassadors is part of a senator’s job. “And so I think everyone is getting worked up because it's a chance to beat up the attorney general and a chance to beat up the president.”

Cruz served with Sessions on the Armed Services Committee, and Cruz says he personally met with six different ambassadors in January and February – but not the Russian ambassador. “You know, I'm willing to bet Al Franken has met with a great number of ambassadors,” even while he was supporting Hillary Clinton. “But when he's doing his job as senator, he's not a representative of the campaign. I think the same was exactly true for Jeff Sessions when he was doing his job as a senator.”

Cruz said typically, ambassadors call senators to request meetings. “Jeff Sessions is a man of integrity, hes a man of candor. I don't know any senator who served with Jeff Sessions, Democrat or Republican, who would say that Jeff has been anything less than totally honest. Now, they don't like that he's a conservative… but he is very open and honest about his views. “By the way, Jeff has been a serious critic of Russia. He's not been shy calling out Putin. So, the notion that there was something somehow wrong with a senior senator on the Armed Services Committee meeting with a foreign ambassador, I think that's a nothing-burger. “And the testimony -- Jeff should have been more clear. I think he said he wished he was more clear. But, at the end of the day, I don't think there's any there there.”

If the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. election extends to Sessions, “recusal would be appropriate,” Cruz said. “I don't have any indication that there would be an investigation because I don't think there's any credible allegation that Jeff did anything wrong in meeting with the Russian ambassador. He was -- he didn't speak as clearly as he should. “Although, I will note, Jeff had an all-day marathon hearing where he was getting hammered and Jeff was answering as candidly and directly as possible. And I think, in context, he was answering, no, as part of the Trump campaign he wasn't meeting with the Russians.

And my understanding, he wasn't thinking about his role as a senator. But I don't see anything for there to be an investigation, but Of course if there was into him directly, any official would recuse themselves from an investigation into their own conduct.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cruz-what-we-are-seeing-lot-political-theater

See also:

‘Democrats Are Lighting Their Hair on Fire to Get You to Cover This Story’
March 2, 2017 – The Democrats are trying desperately to get media coverage of Russian meddling in the U.S. election, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday.

“I think part of what is happening, I think Democrats are lighting their hair on fire to get you to cover this story… which keeps repeating the same story,” Ryan said. “I think they’re trying to get this coverage going. There’s nothing new that we have seen here. “This is stuff we’re going over, and by the way, we’re going to make sure we leave no stone unturned, and that is why our intelligence committees are conducting the investigations the way they should be conducted, because you have to protect your sources and methods of intelligence gathering, which is why we have intelligence committees in the first place,” he said.

As CNSNews.com reported, the Washington Post reported that Sessions – then a U.S. senator who was serving as an adviser to the Trump campaign – spoke twice last year with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. At his confirmation hearing, however, Sessions said he “did not have communications with Russia.” Democrats are calling for Sessions’ resignation and for an Obama appointee to choose a special prosecutor to investigate. Sessions told reporters Thursday morning, “Well, I have not met with any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign." He also said he would recuse himself “whenever it’s appropriate” from an investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential election. When asked whether Sessions should recuse himself from any investigation into Russian meddling, Ryan said, “I think he answered that question this morning, which is if he himself is the subject of an investigation, of course he would, but if he’s not, I don’t see any purpose or reason to do any of this.”

Ryan said Congress already knows that Russia tried to meddle in the election. “Why do we know this? Because we in Congress and the intelligence committee did an investigation after the election, which discovered Russia was trying to meddle in the election. This is something we all well know,” he said. “Here’s another thing: we have seen no evidence from any of these ongoing investigations that anybody in the Trump campaign or the Trump team was involved in any of this. We have been presented with no evidence that an American was colluding with the Russians to meddle in the election. This is something we also know. We’re still doing investigations,” he said.

“You’ve got to remember in the House and the Senate, the intelligence committees have been investigating this. The intelligence communities itself – not the committees, but the communities – did an investigation after the election and gave us the results of that investigation before the inauguration,” Ryan said. “The House Intelligence Committee just finished coming up with its oversight plan to continue investigations. We will always make sure that we are protecting our sources and methods and getting to the bottom of any of these things, but we have seen no evidence, been presented with no evidence that anybody on the Trump campaign or an American was involved in colluding with the Russians,” he added.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/paul-ryan-democrats-are-lighting-their-hair-fire-get-media-cover-russian

MisterVeritis
03-02-2017, 09:31 PM
It is past time to finish off the Democratic party. Every coup-supporting Senator needs to be booted out of the Senate.

Safety
03-02-2017, 10:22 PM
LoL again @ the hard right even mentioning "feces at a wall" considering the amount of shit they tried throwing at a wall the past 8 years is enough to sustain life on Mars.