PDA

View Full Version : Oregon judge faces scrutiny for allegedly helping illegal immigrant escape ICE

Cannons Front
03-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Not sure what the rules for Judges are in Oregon, but aiding a criminal with evading arrest is something that should be taken very seriously. I hope the Chief Judge holds her accountable.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/03/oregon-judge-faces-scrutiny-for-allegedly-helping-illegal-immigrant-escape-ice.html

NapRover
03-03-2017, 08:07 AM
The judge should have to pay for at costs associated with tracking down and apprehending the suspect. And disbarred for not upholding the oath of office.

donttread
03-03-2017, 08:10 AM
The judge should have to pay for at costs associated with tracking down and apprehending the suspect. And disbarred for not upholding the oath of office.

IF found guilty she should lose her job, benefits and face charges.
But do we really need ICE in addition to INS? How many federal police organizations do we freakin need? Especiially when they are too "Barney Fife" to cover the back door? Literally!

Cannons Front
03-03-2017, 08:46 AM
The INS and ICE never existed together, INS does not exist any more it went away in 2003, it is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Citizenship_and_Immigration_Services) (USCIS) now.

The investigative and enforcement functions of the INS (including investigations, deportation, and intelligence) were combined with the U.S. Customs investigators to create U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement) (ICE).

The border functions of the INS, which included the Border Patrol and INS Inspectors, were combined with U.S. Customs Inspectors to create U.S. Customs and Border Protection (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Customs_and_Border_Protection) (CBP).

Bo-4
03-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, you'll get a conviction on that in Portland, Oregon

*snicker* :laugh:

Would Jiffy Sessions (assuming he lasts that long) dare press a stupid case like that federally?

No

MisterVeritis
03-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Lock the judge up.

HawkTheSlayer
03-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Oregon judge Monica Herranz is accused of helping illegal ESCAPE from court
http://rightwingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/judge-246x300.jpg

This poor excuse for a judge needs to be removed from the bench immediately and brought up on charges. This is unbelievable conduct for an officer of the court!

Daily Mail reports a judge has been accused of helping an illegal Mexican immigrant escape a courtroom where immigration officials were waiting to arrest and possibly deport him.

Diddier Pacheco Salazar, 22, appeared before Judge Monica Herranz to plead guilty in a DUI case on January 27 in Multnomah County, Oregon.

Salazar entered the courtroom with his lawyer but never came back out again.

Herranz is now under internal investigation after U.S. Attorney Billy Williams accused the judge of letting Salazar leave through her private entrance after staff realized immigration and customs enforcement agents were waiting for him.

Every courtroom in the Multnomah County Circuit Court has three doors – one for the public, a private judge entrance and one for inmates to be brought in from jail.

Williams told KOIN the only explanation was that Herranz – who is on the board of the Oregon Hispanic Bar Association – or a member of her staff helped Salazar to leave through another door.ICE agents brought the matter to Williams after the incident allowed Salazar to evade the immigration officials.

It occurred just days after Donald Trump signed an executive order to start building the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and to crack down on the deportation of undocumented immigrants.

Remove from Bench Immediately! :Oregon judge Monica Herranz is accused of helping illegal ESCAPE from court while ICE agents waited to deport him to Mexico | John Hawkins Right Wing News (http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/remove-bench-immediately-oregon-judge-monica-herranz-accused-helping-illegal-escape-court-ice-agents-waited-deport-mexico/)

HawkTheSlayer
03-03-2017, 03:17 PM
It would be hard to believe she didn't have a hand in it.
She should be charged with a federal crime.

Chris
03-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Similar threads merged.

Cannons Front
03-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you'll get a conviction on that in Portland, Oregon
*snicker* :laugh: Would Jiffy Sessions (assuming he lasts that long) dare press a stupid case like that federally? No

Great to see the respect you have for law and order, the Judge was wrong it is that simple, if you don't agree explain why?

del
03-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Great to see the respect you have for law and order, the Judge was wrong it is that simple, if you don't agree explain why?
the state is under no obligation to do the feds work.

MisterVeritis
03-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Oregon judge Monica Herranz is accused of helping illegal ESCAPE from court

http://rightwingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/judge-246x300.jpg

This poor excuse for a judge needs to be removed from the bench immediately and brought up on charges. This is unbelievable conduct for an officer of the court!

Daily Mail reports a judge has been accused of helping an illegal Mexican immigrant escape a courtroom where immigration officials were waiting to arrest and possibly deport him.

Diddier Pacheco Salazar, 22, appeared before Judge Monica Herranz to plead guilty in a DUI case on January 27 in Multnomah County, Oregon.

Salazar entered the courtroom with his lawyer but never came back out again.

Herranz is now under internal investigation after U.S. Attorney Billy Williams accused the judge of letting Salazar leave through her private entrance after staff realized immigration and customs enforcement agents were waiting for him.

Every courtroom in the Multnomah County Circuit Court has three doors – one for the public, a private judge entrance and one for inmates to be brought in from jail.

Williams told KOIN the only explanation was that Herranz – who is on the board of the Oregon Hispanic Bar Association – or a member of her staff helped Salazar to leave through another door.ICE agents brought the matter to Williams after the incident allowed Salazar to evade the immigration officials.

It occurred just days after Donald Trump signed an executive order to start building the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and to crack down on the deportation of undocumented immigrants.

If someone dies she needs to be put to death by the state for her role in the murder.

HawkTheSlayer
03-03-2017, 06:40 PM
the state is under no obligation to do the feds work.

The state has no right interfere in the Feds work or aid and abet an illegal criminal.

Safety
03-03-2017, 06:41 PM

I'm thinking he's speaking more to jury nullification. You know, it worked well for the bird shack occupiers.

Safety
03-03-2017, 06:42 PM
The state has no right interfere in the Feds work or aid and abet an illegal criminal.

State's rights!!!.....wait, wrong side, right?

stjames1_53
03-04-2017, 08:18 AM
'Sanctuary Courtrooms?': Judge Accused of Helping Illegal Immigrant Escape ICE

An Oregon judge is being accused of helping an illegal immigrant escape ICE agents through her chambers, Elizabeth MacDonald reported.
Judge Monica Herranz allegedly let Diddier Pacheco Salazar slip through a private door in her office when a courtroom staffer noticed ICE agents waiting in the hallway.
Salazar was in court on a drunken driving charge.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/03/judge-accused-helping-illegal-immigrant-escape-ice-agents-courtroom-mark-steyn

she should face charges of interfering, obstruction, aiding and abetting........

resister
03-04-2017, 08:19 AM
'Sanctuary Courtrooms?': Judge Accused of Helping Illegal Immigrant Escape ICE

An Oregon judge is being accused of helping an illegal immigrant escape ICE agents through her chambers, Elizabeth MacDonald reported.
Judge Monica Herranz allegedly let Diddier Pacheco Salazar slip through a private door in her office when a courtroom staffer noticed ICE agents waiting in the hallway.
Salazar was in court on a drunken driving charge.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/03/judge-accused-helping-illegal-immigrant-escape-ice-agents-courtroom-mark-steyn

she should face charges of interfering, obstruction, aiding and abetting........She should be removed immediately. Then arrested.

Adelaide
03-04-2017, 08:21 AM
I would think she is just going to get reprimanded. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but realistically I don't think she will face more than that.

patrickt
03-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Are you seriously suggesting there are limits as to what a judge can do? I don't believe it.

stjames1_53
03-04-2017, 08:24 AM
I would think she is just going to get reprimanded. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but realistically I don't think she will face more than that.
these are federal charges. That may cost her law license and removal from the bench. But I doubt she'll face jail time

FindersKeepers
03-04-2017, 09:59 AM
She might not be disbarred, but I think she should step down from the bench, and I think she will -- under strong suggestion.

We legitimately cannot have judges that willfully circumvent our laws. If she doesn't like the law, she should do everything in her power to change it -- but, what she did was unacceptable.

MisterVeritis
03-04-2017, 10:02 AM
She might not be disbarred, but I think she should step down from the bench, and I think she will -- under strong suggestion.

We legitimately cannot have judges that willfully circumvent our laws. If she doesn't like the law, she should do everything in her power to change it -- but, what she did was unacceptable.
She committed a crime. She should be disbarred. If anyone dies she should be charged as an accessory.

DGUtley
03-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Notice - Similar threads merged.