PDA

View Full Version : Found a tablet

resister
03-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Yesterday I found a kindle fire in a dumpster, took it home and charged it, turned it on and found my router on the menu, so I can pick up my wireless. Problem is, I don't know the password, is there any hope for this device ever being useable by me? Or should I throw it back where I found it?

People throw away the damndest things. Thanks for any advice.

Archer0915
03-05-2017, 02:33 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201730720

Archer0915
03-05-2017, 02:34 PM
But it may be evidence and neeeddd cracked! Could be russian trump info on it.

rcfieldz
03-05-2017, 02:35 PM
There's a way. Look it up(on another pc). I was going to try it. When you boot up you can enter bios with a trick. You should be able to log on as a user but you still wont be able to access files.

resister
03-05-2017, 02:38 PM
There's a way. Look it up(on another pc). I was going to try it. When you boot up you can enter bios with a trick. You should be able to log on as a user but you still wont be able to access files.
Thanks, I don't care about someone elses info, if possible I will restore to default.

Could be the Russian connection! :wink:

Chris
03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
But it may be evidence and neeeddd cracked! Could be russian trump info on it.

Or Obama's info on Trump!

resister
03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201730720Thanks a bunch Archer, will try this later, busy welding up a bottom scraper for fossils, if I ever figure out how to photo and upload; I will show you. Quite the contraption I think you as a welder would appreciate!

Chris
03-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Thanks a bunch Archer, will try this later, busy welding up a bottom scraper for fossils, if I ever figure out how to photo and upload; I will show you. Quite the contraption I think you as a welder would appreciate!

Get a smart phone. Land lines are good for that.

resister
03-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Don't worry, if I find incriminating evidence, I will make like a Clinton aide and take a 4 pound sledge hammer to it! :laugh: The original bleachbit!

resister
03-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Get a smart phone. Land lines are good for that.
I can hardly figure out how to turn one on! My friend has one and takes pics for me and e mails them to my laptop, that is how I got my pistols as my avatar!

Peter1469
03-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Don't worry, if I find incriminating evidence, I will make like a Clinton aide and take a 4 pound sledge hammer to it! :laugh: The original bleachbit!

Wipe it with a towel. Hillary would approve.

CreepyOldDude
03-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Yesterday I found a kindle fire in a dumpster, took it home and charged it, turned it on and found my router on the menu, so I can pick up my wireless. Problem is, I don't know the password, is there any hope for this device ever being useable by me? Or should I throw it back where I found it?

People throw away the damndest things. Thanks for any advice.
Do you live in the DC area? If so, it could be Spicey's. If the Tiny Handed Oompah Loompah ever found out that Spicey reads, it could get Spicey in loads of trouble.

resister
03-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Do you live in the DC area? If so, it could be Spicey's. If the Tiny Handed Oompah Loompah ever found out that Spicey reads, it could get Spicey in loads of trouble.
Umm...no. My location is right under my user ID. If I take a page out hillarys aides book, I will take a 4 pound sledgehammer to it! :laugh: