PDA

View Full Version : Endless Russian Hysteria

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 05:17 PM
When is this insanity going to end? Will neocons and Democrat partisans only be satisfied when the USA and Russia are in a hot war? What do you hope to accomplish with this never-ending campaign of vilification and paranoid conspiracy theories? Just curious.

stjames1_53
03-05-2017, 05:24 PM
When is this insanity going to end? Will neocons and Democrat partisans only be satisfied when the USA and Russia are in a hot war? What do you hope to accomplish with this never-ending campaign of vilification and paranoid conspiracy theories? Just curious.
I've said it before and I stand by it. They mean to have their war..............

AZ Jim
03-05-2017, 05:26 PM
I've said it before and I stand by it. They mean to have their war..............Whose "they"? Lemme guess, the illegal president?

stjames1_53
03-05-2017, 05:32 PM
there is no illegal president.
He is a duly elected president of the US.

Whose "they"? Lemme guess, the illegal president?

AZ Jim
03-05-2017, 05:40 PM
there is no illegal president.
He is a duly elected president of the US.With a little help from his friends.

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 05:43 PM
With a little help from his friends.
Looks like your tin foil hat is getting a little too tight. Might want to loosen it up.

Casper
03-05-2017, 05:44 PM
How about an independent investigation to either put the issue to bed once and for all or leads to charges being filed. Works for me and would end this one way or the other.

AZ Jim
03-05-2017, 05:47 PM
How about an independent investigation to either put the issue to bed once and for all or leads to charges being filed. Works for me and would end this one way or the other.The result of such a investigation lead to Richard Nixons resignation so it works for me so long as it is a truly "INDEPENDENT" investigation.

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 05:49 PM
How about an independent investigation to either put the issue to bed once and for all or leads to charges being filed. Works for me and would end this one way or the other.
Investigations are usually based on probable cause or some kind of reasonable suspicion, which clearly does not apply here. But I'll overlook that fatal flaw for a moment and say, sure, investigate away with the caveat that when nothing substantial is found (because it won't be), the neocons and Democrat partisans who have been pushing this hysterical narrative about Putin be investigated themselves for conspiracy to defraud the American people.

Mister D
Trump is playing these kooks like a violin. Carry on.

Crepitus

I for one am all for it. Let's get it all out in the open and learn the truth. From voter fraud tor Russian puppetry bring it all down!

Mister D
03-05-2017, 05:50 PM
The result of such a investigation lead to Richard Nixons resignation so it works for me so long as it is a truly "INDEPENDENT" investigation.
Planting the seeds for the next wave of lunacy.

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 05:54 PM
I for one am all for it. Let's get it all out in the open and learn the truth. From voter fraud tor Russian puppetry bring it all down!

Sure, and while we're at it, let's investigate Hillary Clinton's ties to Saudi Arabia and how those ties influenced her decision-making process as the Secretary of State.

Crepitus
03-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Sure, and while we're at it, let's investigate Hillary Clinton's ties to Saudi Arabia and how those ties influenced her decision-making process as the Secretary of State.

All of it.

Casper
03-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Investigations are usually based on probable cause or some kind of reasonable suspicion, which clearly does not apply here. But I'll overlook that fatal flaw for a moment and say, sure, investigate away with the caveat that when nothing substantial is found (because it won't be), the neocons and Democrat partisans who have been pushing this hysterical narrative about Putin be investigated themselves for conspiracy to defraud the American people.
Pssst, to investigate those Democrats would involve investigating the trump, you know that, right. Always be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I find it interesting that you think there is no cause to investigate but yet believe there is cause with even less evidence to investigated the trump being tapped? Your logic defies logic quite often.

Casper
03-05-2017, 06:03 PM
I am fine with that, me thinks you would not be if it means the trump gets investigated also.

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Pssst, to investigate those Democrats would involve investigating the trump, you know that, right. Always be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. I find it interesting that you think there is no cause to investigate but yet believe there is cause with even less evidence to investigated the trump being tapped? Your logic defies logic quite often.
You really should stop making assumptions about me. I am not a Trump supporter, so if they want to investigate him, go right ahead. I just believe they will find nothing because this Russian hysteria is a patently obvious attempt to fuel more military spending. The Democrats are just jumping on board like opportunists because they want to destroy their political rival. The motives of the most vociferous anti-Russian hacks are totally unscrupulous and you don't need to be a Trump supporter in order to see it.

Ethereal
03-05-2017, 06:14 PM
I am fine with that, me thinks you would not be if it means the trump gets investigated also.
Go ahead and investigate. It does not bother me at all. But it will be a giant waste of time because if there was anything to it, it would have been released already. Trump's enemies have already proven they have no reservations about leaking top secret information in order to hurt him, so if they had ANYTHING substantial on Trump, we would have heard about it already. Thus far, it's been nothing but innuendo and the most tenuous, tortuous conspiracy theories.

The Xl
03-05-2017, 06:28 PM
The hard left abhors conspiracy theories. Well, besides their own conspiracy theories.

Subdermal
03-05-2017, 06:37 PM

Oh ho ho ho no.

Investigations are usually based on probably.

Just ask decedent.

:biglaugh:

Mister D
03-05-2017, 06:43 PM
The hard left abhors conspiracy theories. Well, besides their own conspiracy theories.
Seriously.

suds00
03-05-2017, 07:11 PM
what did pogo say.

suds00
03-05-2017, 07:15 PM
The hard left abhors conspiracy theories. Well, besides their own conspiracy theories.stated by the one's who created the original"conspiracy theory".the far right. mccarthyism.

Green Arrow
03-05-2017, 07:24 PM
AZ Jim, simple yes or no will suffice.

Were any voting machines hacked by the Russians? Did they stuff any ballot boxes? Did they force anyone at gun point to vote for Trump?

Green Arrow
03-05-2017, 07:27 PM
stated by the one's who created the original"conspiracy theory".the far right. mccarthyism.

Conspiracy theories are a LOT older than McCarthyism. Way back in 1800 there were conspiracy theories that John Adams was gay and his wife was acting as his beard.

FindersKeepers
03-05-2017, 07:34 PM

I'm beginning to wonder that myself. War with Russia would not come to any good, so why continue to poke the Bear?

FindersKeepers
03-05-2017, 07:35 PM
@AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901), simple yes or no will suffice.

Were any voting machines hacked by the Russians? Did they stuff any ballot boxes? Did they force anyone at gun point to vote for Trump?

No. No. And, no. But the media has gotten folks scared and fired up. It does not bode well.

Casper
03-05-2017, 07:55 PM
You really should stop making assumptions about me. I am not a Trump supporter, so if they want to investigate him, go right ahead. I just believe they will find nothing because this Russian hysteria is a patently obvious attempt to fuel more military spending. The Democrats are just jumping on board like opportunists because they want to destroy their political rival. The motives of the most vociferous anti-Russian hacks are totally unscrupulous and you don't need to be a Trump supporter in order to see it.
And who is it that wants to raise military spending, the Dems with little power or the Repubs and trump? If we go to war it is because They want it, the Dems have no real say in it other than to voice their opinion on matters.

You do know that we have been on some of the other sites, right? I only assumed very recent history, I was not here during the election.

Casper
03-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Go ahead and investigate. It does not bother me at all. But it will be a giant waste of time because if there was anything to it, it would have been released already. Trump's enemies have already proven they have no reservations about leaking top secret information in order to hurt him, so if they had ANYTHING substantial on Trump, we would have heard about it already. Thus far, it's been nothing but innuendo and the most tenuous, tortuous conspiracy theories.
What Top Secret information was released?

AZ Jim
03-05-2017, 11:13 PM
@AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901), simple yes or no will suffice.

Were any voting machines hacked by the Russians? Did they stuff any ballot boxes? Did they force anyone at gun point to vote for Trump?I never have been good at complying with a command to "answer yes or no", accordingly, I will answer that I believe their tampering had nothing to do with "hardware". They stole information by illegal means and provided it to those who worked for trumps campaign.

Green Arrow
03-05-2017, 11:27 PM
I never have been good at complying with a command to "answer yes or no", accordingly, I will answer that I believe their tampering had nothing to do with "hardware". They stole information by illegal means and provided it to those who worked for trumps campaign.

It wasn't a command, it was a respectful request.

So your answer to my three questions is no on all counts?

Tahuyaman
03-05-2017, 11:30 PM
I don't know of anyone who changed their mind about Hillary Clinton based on anything thrown out by Wikileaks. She is one person who's trustwortiness and honesty was held in low esteem long before the latest campaign kicked off.

Hal Jordan
03-06-2017, 12:12 AM
So, Trump is Russia's friend, but he wants a war with them?

Hal Jordan
03-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Conspiracy theories are a LOT older than McCarthyism. Way back in 1800 there were conspiracy theories that John Adams was gay and his wife was acting as his beard.
Even that is a recent conspiracy theory.

Bethere
03-06-2017, 02:46 AM

No, obviously trump and the rnc are being blackmailed.

MMC
03-06-2017, 07:20 AM

Romneys Daughter Aka Romney McDaniel is head of the RNC. You will need a better excuse. As she believes just like her Father that Russia is the main threat to the US.

Peter1469
03-06-2017, 07:23 AM

lol

If the Russians were blackmailing the RNC / Trump, the person who made up the bull shit showers of gold thing should be executed- without a video of something outlandish, the entire blackmail scheme is undone.

Say there is valid blackmail info. Just look at these clowns and their showers of gold claims. Haha. They are full of it. Nothing to see here.

stjames1_53
03-06-2017, 08:32 AM

so, how when and where? other than your personal speculation and outlandish claims, where's the proof?

donttread
03-06-2017, 09:29 AM

We need a boggie man. Otherwise the public starts to catch sanity. That sanity would spread and most of Washington would be out on their ear.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Blackmailed into doing what?

ripmeister
03-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Some of this is overblown but do you deny Putin's aggressions and MO to disrupt the liberal democracies of the west?

Ethereal
03-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Some of this is overblown but do you deny Putin's aggressions and MO to disrupt the liberal democracies of the west?
Yes, I do deny it. The "Russian aggression" narrative being perpetrated by western governments (who are neither liberal nor democratic) and corporate media is a massive misrepresentation of the truth. The root of the problem, so to speak, has been the expansion of NATO towards Russia's borders in violation of the agreement that ended the cold war. The Ukraine incident was merely a microcosm of this larger expansionist trend where the democratically elected president of Ukraine (Viktor Yanukovych) was ousted in a coup before his term of office was finished. This coup was orchestrated, at least in part, by the CIA under the aegis of its more friendly sounding subsidiary, the so-called National Endowment for Democracy. A pro-western government on Russia's border has always been viewed by the Russians as an existential threat to their national security, and rightfully so, as their western "near abroad" has served as the land route for multiple invasions of their country (Napoleon in 1812, Anglo-American expeditionary force in 1918, and Nazi Germany in 1941). In response to this naked expansionism, Russia had little choice but to secure its Crimean naval base by formally annexing said territory, which was done only after the people in Crimea had voted in a democratic referendum to join the Russian Federation. It was one of the most bloodless annexations of territory in history. Does that sound "aggressive" to you? Or does it sound more like a REACTION to the aggression and duplicity of western governments?

MMC
03-06-2017, 02:16 PM
We need a boggie man. Otherwise the public starts to catch sanity. That sanity would spread and most of Washington would be out on their ear.
The only Boogieman we have is the MS Media. Those that are deciding what to pump out to the public. I say.....lets send John Wick to deal with them.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Maybe Trump and Putin are in cahoots in a "Wag The Dog" type conspiracy?