PDA

View Full Version : ‘Joe the Plumber’ files paperwork for congressional run

Mister D
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
;D

Joseph Wurzelbacher, the Ohio man made famous after an exchange with then-presidential candidate Obama outside his house in 2008, has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for Congress in Ohio's 9th District.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/joe-plumber-files-paperwork-congressional-run-180959206.html

jgreer
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
This guy has absolutely zero qualifications to run for congress.

He is entirely a product of the Republican PR machine and that idiotic media which he blames for biased reporting.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM

He is entirely a product of the Republican PR machine and that idiotic media which he blames for biased reporting.

What are the qualifications for Congress?

Conley
10-10-2011, 01:43 PM

So you're saying he'll fit right in.

Conley
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM

Not much these days :-\

I was thinking didn't Joe have a problem with unpaid taxes? But then I remembered there are plenty of those types in DC.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Not much these days :-\

I was thinking didn't Joe have a problem with unpaid taxes? But then I remembered there are plenty of those types in DC.

Congress is one thing. If some random guy ran for POTUS it woudl be a different story.

MMC
10-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Does anyone seriously believe this guy is a leader? Does this guy come from a town with more than 50 people and half of them aren't his cuzins?

Mister D
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Does anyone seriously believe this guy is a leader? Does this guy come from a town with more than 50 people and half of them aren't his cuzins?

In his defense you could say that about many of our representatives.

Conley
10-11-2011, 08:01 AM

But not Jay Cutler! He was awesome last night! ;D

Mister D
10-11-2011, 08:35 AM

But not Jay Cutler! He was awesome last night! ;D

Jay Cutler on Monday Night! That should be the new intro.

Conley
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM

The guy definitely seems an idiot but then again so do many of our leaders. I saw an interview with Waxman the other day and he didn't even know what the legal drinking age is.

Mister D
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

The guy definitely seems an idiot but then again so do many of our leaders. I saw an interview with Waxman the other day and he didn't even know what the legal drinking age is.

Worse still, he actually looks like a grosteque wax figure.

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Henry_Waxman.jpg

Conley
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Yep, that's the guy. I have wondered if he had surgery.

This is the genius that 'spearheaded' that wonderful use of taxpayer money and congressional time to investigate professional baseball players ::)

Mister D
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Yep, that's the guy. I have wondered if he had surgery.

This is the genius that 'spearheaded' that wonderful use of taxpayer money and congressional time to investigate professional baseball players ::)

An intentional distraction from real issues. Kind of like gay marriage.

Conley
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Agreed.

Although people care more about gay marriage than steroids in baseball.

You could almost call this an intentional distraction from the intentional distraction from real issues. >:( ;D

Mister D
10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Agreed.

You could almost call this an intentional distraction from the intentional distraction from real issues. >:( ;D

:D Part of what I mean is that it gives the illusion that pols are doing important things.

Conley
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Agreed.

:D Part of what I mean is that it gives the illusion that pols are doing important things.

Gotchya. Agree 100%.

waltky
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Joe the Plumber dies in freak plumbing accident...
:shocked:
Joe the Plumber, dead at 39
November 5, 2012 - Joe the Plumber, who rose to fame after an impromptu encounter with Barack Obama on the 2008 campaign trail, and was locked in a tight race for Ohio’s 9th district Congressional seat, is dead. Early reports indicate he died in a freak plumbing accident while campaigning outside of Toledo.

Joe’s death throws the race for the Congressional seat into disarray. His opponent, incumbent Marcy Kaptur, has issued a statement expressing condolences to Joe the Plumber’s family but so far he campaign has said nothing about the effect of his death on the election, now just a day away.

Information about the circumstances surrounding the death is limited. According to witnesses at the scene of a rally this morning in downtown Maumee, the candidate was speaking to the crowd when a nearby fire hydrant began leaking and flooding the street. “He just stopped speaking, left the podium, and ran down the street to his plumbing van,” said Mark West, who was attending the rally. “He came running back with a giant plumber’s wrench and a greasy rag. But by then the crowd around him was too thick and I couldn’t see him anymore.”

Jerry Smith, a Kaptur supporter who “came to heckle the bald-headed phony” says Joe attempted to tighten the valve on the fire hydrant but couldn’t stop the leak. “His face was bright red, his muscles were bulging, and a vein on his shiny forehead seemed ready to explode,” she said. Some witnesses claim that what started out as a relatively small leak grew into a fast-rushing torrent soon after Joe the Plumber arrived at the scene. Hundreds of gallons of water gushed onto the streets and flooded several nearby stores as Joe wrestled with the hydrant.

The epic struggle between man and fire hydrant continued for over ten minutes before the Maumee fire department arrived on the scene, but by then it was too late. Joe the Plumber lay on the ground, in a pool of water, his plumber’s wrench held tight in his cold, dead hands “like Charlton Heston holding a rifle,” as one witness put it. The exact cause of death is pending investigation.

http://joe-the-plumber-2012.com/2012/11/05/joe-the-plumber-dead-at-39/

Trinnity
11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
The guy's a small business owner and the Obama thugs leaned on him after he "caused" the potus to slip up and say he's all for redistribution of wealth.

And you wanna talk about qualifications? How about this idiot Congressman people who thought Guam would TIP OVER and SINK if we put too much military equipment on the island??? Folks, you cannot make this stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp1YjpNxn54&feature=related

Rep. Hank Johnson, Democrat from Georgia's 4th congressional district.