PDA

View Full Version : State Republicans Push For More Restrictive Voting Laws

Captain Obvious
03-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Go to the link for the targeted restriction areas.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/09/519500312/state-republicans-push-for-more-restrictive-voting-laws

Vice President Mike Pence has yet to begin a promised investigation into allegations by President Trump that millions of people voted illegally in November. But that hasn't stopped state lawmakers from taking action they say would limit voter fraud, even though the president's claims have been widely discredited.
Legislation to tighten voter ID and other requirements has already been introduced in about half the states this year. And in statehouse after statehouse, the debate has had a familiar ring.
"We do not have a voter fraud problem in North Dakota," Democratic Rep. Mary Schneider argued last month during North Dakota House floor debate of a measure that would tighten that state's voter ID requirements and increase penalties for voter fraud.
"To say that there's not a voter fraud problem in North Dakota, I think that's another inaccurate statement. Maybe there have been no convicted cases but it doesn't mean that we don't have an issue," countered Republican Christopher Olson, shortly before the measure was approved by a vote of 74-16.

Common
03-09-2017, 08:16 PM
I dont believe in voter restrictions, all we need is voter ID registration cards. Your status is checked when you get your photo ID

There is absolutely nothing wrong with requiring photo ids to assure the legality of voters

Creating restrictions that just make it harder to vote like fla did im against

MisterVeritis
03-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Voter ID laws are very bad news for Democrats. Democrats may still have the felon votes but the illegal aliens and the dead are going to turn away from the Democratic party.

Common
03-09-2017, 08:24 PM
You have to wonder why democrats fight so hard to not allow verification of citizenship and eligibility to vote. You would think everyone would be for that.

Doublejack
03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Just curious .. what were the results of Trumps voter fraud investigation?

There should be millions of convictions by now right?

del
03-09-2017, 09:01 PM

at least

patrickt
03-10-2017, 06:58 AM

Tell me, intellectual elite. When I walk in and vote as John Kelly, my deceased father, with no ID and walk out, how do you find me and prosecute me? If I am paid to go to five different voting stations and vote under five different names when the sun goes down, voting is over, and I'm back in my dormitory room, how do you prosecute me? Or, even better, if I get absentee ballots in the mail for me and my deceased wife, fill them both out and mail them in, how do you find out and prosecute me?

Even better, when the elections are run by Democrats, where is the incentive to find and arrest anyone for voter fraud? When the district attorneys are Democrats, what are the chances they'll prosecute? They have absolute discretion you know. And if someone is actually arrested, prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced to give years and then released after eight months to public applause from Democrats, as was Melowese Richardson, where is the outrage?

Doubljack, Del, your disingenuous bullshit should embarrass you. Buyt, as long as you can maintain election fraud, you're happy. It's all about Democrats winning and America losing.